This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

City Living OFFICIAL TRAILER IS OUT!

1323334353638...Next

Comments

  • Options
    fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Sorry you can't do anything about EPs I am sad Sorry :'(
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    We have those built in trash things we had in the sims 3!!!!!!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I know that this feeling is potentially never going to go away because it is just the build of the base game at this point that has me wanting more, but I am hoping that something along the way will ignite that spark that all of the previous iterations have. I suppose we shall see.

    I feel the exact same way. I would be more excited about "new" content if I had base content. Toddlers, garages, cars, and careers are all base content to me. I feel like they know we want toddlers by now. If they are going to give us toddlers anytime soon, id like to see them included in some kind of home pack (of course id want them for free but Im feeling doubtful that will happen). Building a laundry room (maybe where a litter box could be stored or a dog bed!) or even having it inside idk..maybe a... GARAGE! Id like a generations type pack next (mostly for story progression and toddlers). Then seasons or dare I say pets. It's not city livin' if you dont rush home to take your dog out or to feed your kitty...know what im saayin'? How cool would seasons be in an apartment setting.. maybe walking to work downtown and having to put your winter gear on so you dont freeze? Idk, I love the idea of apartments and a downtown feel. Cool. Was it the right timing for city life? Probably not considering most of us are waiting for content we feel we should have received in the base game. Nonetheless, im still going to buy the EP and I will enjoy it for a couple months and then go back to whining about not having toddlers. :wink:

  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Probably not considering most of us are waiting for content we feel we should have received in the base game.

    May I ask: How do you know that you speak for most of 'us' (you mean obviously simmers in general, don't you) on that matter? Because no, I disagree. And over 200.000 + people on twitter, youtube and facebook would disagree as well.

    The reception by the community of the newest trailer is very (!) positive:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W458QnCVQik&ab_channel=TheSims
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."


  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    edited September 2016
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Still seems to be a lot of partying though but I suppose partying is apart of the city

    Where have you seen "partying" in the trailer? The closest thing i saw were cultural festivals and karaoke bars

    Karaoke night is a form of partying and the festivals were pretty party like if you ask me. Festivals are normally always party oriented in the way of which people celebrate and have fun... and karaoke night what at a bar, house is often from when I've been a fun party which people sing and have fun. Partying doesn't just have to be going out to the club.

    As a person who attends karaoke but dislikes parties I have to disagree.

    I go to karaoke at a bar around here because I know the KJ (Karaoke Jockie), I want to get out of the house, and I just want to blow off some steam. I don't really interact with anyone and mingle outside of my group like you would at a party or club. I kinda just sit at my table with my S/O and one or two of our friends and we just chat about how life is going so far, how our day was, and if we wanted to do a "rock block" of certain song themes.

    I've also seen plenty of people who just go to the karaoke bar to have a drink or two, sing one song to let off steam, and then leave without ever talking to anyone else. :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Still seems to be a lot of partying though but I suppose partying is apart of the city

    Where have you seen "partying" in the trailer? The closest thing i saw were cultural festivals and karaoke bars

    Karaoke night is a form of partying and the festivals were pretty party like if you ask me. Festivals are normally always party oriented in the way of which people celebrate and have fun... and karaoke night what at a bar, house is often from when I've been a fun party which people sing and have fun. Partying doesn't just have to be going out to the club.

    As a person who attends karaoke but dislikes parties I have to disagree.

    I go to karaoke at a bar around here because I know the KJ (Karaoke Jockie), I want to get out of the house, and I just want to blow off some steam. I don't really interact with anyone and mingle outside of my group like you would at a party or club. I kinda just sit at my table with my S/O and one or two of our friends and we just chat about how life is going so far, how our day was, and if we wanted to do a "rock block" of certain song themes.

    I've also seen plenty of people who just go to the karaoke bar to have a drink or two, sing one song to let off steam, and then leave without ever talking to anyone else. :)

    I think you just gave me a reason to go to a karaoke bar lol.....thanks SimGuru Drake!
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a live stream tomorrow re this expansion pack I cannot find out anything about it or where to look?

    I think someone said theres going to be a live stream on Friday, but I don't know if it's true or not.

    We haven't talked about live streams at all (other than me confirmed that live streams and videos are separate content.) :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Are cars base content? They weren't considered base content in the sims 2. We didn't get them till Nightlife.

    I have to disagree that the packs recently have been party related. Kids stuff, backyard stuff.

    I wasn't too sure about the EP but I'm excited now having seen the trailer!
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    And I, personally enjoy to go to parties but I avoid karaoke bars like a plague in real life. Ironically the karaoke machine is one of my favourite objects in TS (I like TS3 version better, though). The songs were amazing and I loved to make and watch my sims sing. :P
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."


  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Still seems to be a lot of partying though but I suppose partying is apart of the city

    Where have you seen "partying" in the trailer? The closest thing i saw were cultural festivals and karaoke bars

    Karaoke night is a form of partying and the festivals were pretty party like if you ask me. Festivals are normally always party oriented in the way of which people celebrate and have fun... and karaoke night what at a bar, house is often from when I've been a fun party which people sing and have fun. Partying doesn't just have to be going out to the club.

    As a person who attends karaoke but dislikes parties I have to disagree.

    I go to karaoke at a bar around here because I know the KJ (Karaoke Jockie), I want to get out of the house, and I just want to blow off some steam. I don't really interact with anyone and mingle outside of my group like you would at a party or club. I kinda just sit at my table with my S/O and one or two of our friends and we just chat about how life is going so far, how our day was, and if we wanted to do a "rock block" of certain song themes.

    I've also seen plenty of people who just go to the karaoke bar to have a drink or two, sing one song to let off steam, and then leave without ever talking to anyone else. :)

    I think you just gave me a reason to go to a karaoke bar lol.....thanks SimGuru Drake!

    If you find the right karaoke bar it can be a great thing to look forward to after a long week :) I am going to have to ask my KJ to get the Tegan and Sara song from our trailer so I can sing it next week :D
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SimGuruDrake

    I am really looking forward to a live stream regards this expansion pack could you please tell me if there is going to be one and when that might be? I have to say without getting into the politics of everything I think this expansion pack looks great and am really looking forward to learning more about it :)
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Still seems to be a lot of partying though but I suppose partying is apart of the city

    Where have you seen "partying" in the trailer? The closest thing i saw were cultural festivals and karaoke bars

    Karaoke night is a form of partying and the festivals were pretty party like if you ask me. Festivals are normally always party oriented in the way of which people celebrate and have fun... and karaoke night what at a bar, house is often from when I've been a fun party which people sing and have fun. Partying doesn't just have to be going out to the club.

    As a person who attends karaoke but dislikes parties I have to disagree.

    I go to karaoke at a bar around here because I know the KJ (Karaoke Jockie), I want to get out of the house, and I just want to blow off some steam. I don't really interact with anyone and mingle outside of my group like you would at a party or club. I kinda just sit at my table with my S/O and one or two of our friends and we just chat about how life is going so far, how our day was, and if we wanted to do a "rock block" of certain song themes.

    I've also seen plenty of people who just go to the karaoke bar to have a drink or two, sing one song to let off steam, and then leave without ever talking to anyone else. :)

    I think you just gave me a reason to go to a karaoke bar lol.....thanks SimGuru Drake!

    If you find the right karaoke bar it can be a great thing to look forward to after a long week :) I am going to have to ask my KJ to get the Tegan and Sara song from our trailer so I can sing it next week :D

    Oh that's a great idea. I can't stop listening to that song ever since I heard it on the spectacular trailer I'm now obsessed with. Must have listened to that song like twenty times yesterday and still love it! It's helping me think about the city which is right on target for the theme of the new expansion I'm waiting impatiently for lol
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Still seems to be a lot of partying though but I suppose partying is apart of the city

    Where have you seen "partying" in the trailer? The closest thing i saw were cultural festivals and karaoke bars

    Karaoke night is a form of partying and the festivals were pretty party like if you ask me. Festivals are normally always party oriented in the way of which people celebrate and have fun... and karaoke night what at a bar, house is often from when I've been a fun party which people sing and have fun. Partying doesn't just have to be going out to the club.

    As a person who attends karaoke but dislikes parties I have to disagree.

    I go to karaoke at a bar around here because I know the KJ (Karaoke Jockie), I want to get out of the house, and I just want to blow off some steam. I don't really interact with anyone and mingle outside of my group like you would at a party or club. I kinda just sit at my table with my S/O and one or two of our friends and we just chat about how life is going so far, how our day was, and if we wanted to do a "rock block" of certain song themes.

    I've also seen plenty of people who just go to the karaoke bar to have a drink or two, sing one song to let off steam, and then leave without ever talking to anyone else. :)

    I think you just gave me a reason to go to a karaoke bar lol.....thanks SimGuru Drake!

    If you find the right karaoke bar it can be a great thing to look forward to after a long week :) I am going to have to ask my KJ to get the Tegan and Sara song from our trailer so I can sing it next week :D
    I have a sim that has maxed out all the musical instrument skills in the game. And I'm strongly considering having them write a song like that with the same name. B)<3

  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited September 2016
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Still seems to be a lot of partying though but I suppose partying is apart of the city

    Where have you seen "partying" in the trailer? The closest thing i saw were cultural festivals and karaoke bars

    Karaoke night is a form of partying and the festivals were pretty party like if you ask me. Festivals are normally always party oriented in the way of which people celebrate and have fun... and karaoke night what at a bar, house is often from when I've been a fun party which people sing and have fun. Partying doesn't just have to be going out to the club.

    As a person who attends karaoke but dislikes parties I have to disagree.

    I go to karaoke at a bar around here because I know the KJ (Karaoke Jockie), I want to get out of the house, and I just want to blow off some steam. I don't really interact with anyone and mingle outside of my group like you would at a party or club. I kinda just sit at my table with my S/O and one or two of our friends and we just chat about how life is going so far, how our day was, and if we wanted to do a "rock block" of certain song themes.

    I've also seen plenty of people who just go to the karaoke bar to have a drink or two, sing one song to let off steam, and then leave without ever talking to anyone else. :)

    I think you just gave me a reason to go to a karaoke bar lol.....thanks SimGuru Drake!

    If you find the right karaoke bar it can be a great thing to look forward to after a long week :) I am going to have to ask my KJ to get the Tegan and Sara song from our trailer so I can sing it next week :D

    Omg! Do you like Tegan and Sara?
    Edit: I just saw your reply on another thread
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Still seems to be a lot of partying though but I suppose partying is apart of the city

    Where have you seen "partying" in the trailer? The closest thing i saw were cultural festivals and karaoke bars

    Karaoke night is a form of partying and the festivals were pretty party like if you ask me. Festivals are normally always party oriented in the way of which people celebrate and have fun... and karaoke night what at a bar, house is often from when I've been a fun party which people sing and have fun. Partying doesn't just have to be going out to the club.

    As a person who attends karaoke but dislikes parties I have to disagree.

    I go to karaoke at a bar around here because I know the KJ (Karaoke Jockie), I want to get out of the house, and I just want to blow off some steam. I don't really interact with anyone and mingle outside of my group like you would at a party or club. I kinda just sit at my table with my S/O and one or two of our friends and we just chat about how life is going so far, how our day was, and if we wanted to do a "rock block" of certain song themes.

    I've also seen plenty of people who just go to the karaoke bar to have a drink or two, sing one song to let off steam, and then leave without ever talking to anyone else. :)

    I think you just gave me a reason to go to a karaoke bar lol.....thanks SimGuru Drake!

    If you find the right karaoke bar it can be a great thing to look forward to after a long week :) I am going to have to ask my KJ to get the Tegan and Sara song from our trailer so I can sing it next week :D

    Oh that's a great idea. I can't stop listening to that song ever since I heard it on the spectacular trailer I'm now obsessed with. Must have listened to that song like twenty times yesterday and still love it! It's helping me think about the city which is right on target for the theme of the new expansion I'm waiting impatiently for lol

    I love the song too! I would love to get it added to the game!
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited September 2016
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Still seems to be a lot of partying though but I suppose partying is apart of the city

    Where have you seen "partying" in the trailer? The closest thing i saw were cultural festivals and karaoke bars

    Karaoke night is a form of partying and the festivals were pretty party like if you ask me. Festivals are normally always party oriented in the way of which people celebrate and have fun... and karaoke night what at a bar, house is often from when I've been a fun party which people sing and have fun. Partying doesn't just have to be going out to the club.

    As a person who attends karaoke but dislikes parties I have to disagree.

    I go to karaoke at a bar around here because I know the KJ (Karaoke Jockie), I want to get out of the house, and I just want to blow off some steam. I don't really interact with anyone and mingle outside of my group like you would at a party or club. I kinda just sit at my table with my S/O and one or two of our friends and we just chat about how life is going so far, how our day was, and if we wanted to do a "rock block" of certain song themes.

    I've also seen plenty of people who just go to the karaoke bar to have a drink or two, sing one song to let off steam, and then leave without ever talking to anyone else. :)

    I think you just gave me a reason to go to a karaoke bar lol.....thanks SimGuru Drake!

    If you find the right karaoke bar it can be a great thing to look forward to after a long week :) I am going to have to ask my KJ to get the Tegan and Sara song from our trailer so I can sing it next week :D

    Oh that's a great idea. I can't stop listening to that song ever since I heard it on the spectacular trailer I'm now obsessed with. Must have listened to that song like twenty times yesterday and still love it! It's helping me think about the city which is right on target for the theme of the new expansion I'm waiting impatiently for lol

    I recommend Boyfriend by them :) it's my favorite off the album
    also listen to Shura! She has an similar style
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    I just need the right section of town for a proper backdrop. I can make my own gritty lots to flesh it out.
    Ex: tumblr_o7z4m8zn951vorh5do1_1280.png


    I just need a city FX in the background for this to work better immersion wise. As long as the city backdrop in one of the neighborhoods is more believable than the current backdrop for this lot (which will not be hard to beat), I'm going to be ok.

    And this lot looks ok with Windenburg as the FX background, but I think a real city backdrop would be better. Just hoping that one of the sub neighborhoods has a gritty element to it. ;)
    tumblr_ob7vgdk26S1vorh5do10_1280.png

    do you have this lot on the gallery??
    So awesome to see another grit loving sim! They are on the Gallery. I'm not sure which one you need so here are the links for both.
    Slum Living
    The Docks

    I'm so excited to see this teaser trailer today! :squeals:

    Thank you!!
    I will put both lots on my game, so impressive. Great work :)
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Still seems to be a lot of partying though but I suppose partying is apart of the city

    Where have you seen "partying" in the trailer? The closest thing i saw were cultural festivals and karaoke bars

    Karaoke night is a form of partying and the festivals were pretty party like if you ask me. Festivals are normally always party oriented in the way of which people celebrate and have fun... and karaoke night what at a bar, house is often from when I've been a fun party which people sing and have fun. Partying doesn't just have to be going out to the club.

    As a person who attends karaoke but dislikes parties I have to disagree.

    I go to karaoke at a bar around here because I know the KJ (Karaoke Jockie), I want to get out of the house, and I just want to blow off some steam. I don't really interact with anyone and mingle outside of my group like you would at a party or club. I kinda just sit at my table with my S/O and one or two of our friends and we just chat about how life is going so far, how our day was, and if we wanted to do a "rock block" of certain song themes.

    I've also seen plenty of people who just go to the karaoke bar to have a drink or two, sing one song to let off steam, and then leave without ever talking to anyone else. :)

    I think you just gave me a reason to go to a karaoke bar lol.....thanks SimGuru Drake!

    If you find the right karaoke bar it can be a great thing to look forward to after a long week :) I am going to have to ask my KJ to get the Tegan and Sara song from our trailer so I can sing it next week :D

    Well now you've done it. I'm forced to create a SimGuruDrake for my game that lives for karaoke. (And I won't forget the purple hair)
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Still seems to be a lot of partying though but I suppose partying is apart of the city

    Where have you seen "partying" in the trailer? The closest thing i saw were cultural festivals and karaoke bars

    Karaoke night is a form of partying and the festivals were pretty party like if you ask me. Festivals are normally always party oriented in the way of which people celebrate and have fun... and karaoke night what at a bar, house is often from when I've been a fun party which people sing and have fun. Partying doesn't just have to be going out to the club.

    As a person who attends karaoke but dislikes parties I have to disagree.

    I go to karaoke at a bar around here because I know the KJ (Karaoke Jockie), I want to get out of the house, and I just want to blow off some steam. I don't really interact with anyone and mingle outside of my group like you would at a party or club. I kinda just sit at my table with my S/O and one or two of our friends and we just chat about how life is going so far, how our day was, and if we wanted to do a "rock block" of certain song themes.

    I've also seen plenty of people who just go to the karaoke bar to have a drink or two, sing one song to let off steam, and then leave without ever talking to anyone else. :)

    I think you just gave me a reason to go to a karaoke bar lol.....thanks SimGuru Drake!

    If you find the right karaoke bar it can be a great thing to look forward to after a long week :) I am going to have to ask my KJ to get the Tegan and Sara song from our trailer so I can sing it next week :D

    Oh that's a great idea. I can't stop listening to that song ever since I heard it on the spectacular trailer I'm now obsessed with. Must have listened to that song like twenty times yesterday and still love it! It's helping me think about the city which is right on target for the theme of the new expansion I'm waiting impatiently for lol

    I recommend Boyfriend by them :) it's my favorite off the album
    also listen to Shura! She has an similar style

    Beat you too it already have that song downloaded into my MP3 player :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I don't know about anybody else but really keen to see how high rise buildings work here and if it's going to be a big city like Bridgeport was in late night.
    We have so much illusions in the back ground in this game so can't wait to see how much of this new city is real.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon


  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Still seems to be a lot of partying though but I suppose partying is apart of the city

    Where have you seen "partying" in the trailer? The closest thing i saw were cultural festivals and karaoke bars

    Karaoke night is a form of partying and the festivals were pretty party like if you ask me. Festivals are normally always party oriented in the way of which people celebrate and have fun... and karaoke night what at a bar, house is often from when I've been a fun party which people sing and have fun. Partying doesn't just have to be going out to the club.

    As a person who attends karaoke but dislikes parties I have to disagree.

    I go to karaoke at a bar around here because I know the KJ (Karaoke Jockie), I want to get out of the house, and I just want to blow off some steam. I don't really interact with anyone and mingle outside of my group like you would at a party or club. I kinda just sit at my table with my S/O and one or two of our friends and we just chat about how life is going so far, how our day was, and if we wanted to do a "rock block" of certain song themes.

    I've also seen plenty of people who just go to the karaoke bar to have a drink or two, sing one song to let off steam, and then leave without ever talking to anyone else. :)

    I think you just gave me a reason to go to a karaoke bar lol.....thanks SimGuru Drake!

    If you find the right karaoke bar it can be a great thing to look forward to after a long week :) I am going to have to ask my KJ to get the Tegan and Sara song from our trailer so I can sing it next week :D

    Film it please?
  • Options
    fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    @SimGuruHydra Why Find Not Santa Claus in The Sims 3 i wants Santa In The Sims 3 Seasons Expansion Pack Little Update
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top