This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

City Living OFFICIAL TRAILER IS OUT!

Comments

• Options
    GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member
    This expansion is crucial for them. Let the games begin.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2016
    blewis823 wrote: »
    I can't wait to see more. I'm so tired of grass and desert, time for the concrete jungle. Something we called living in the city and no other implications. Please.

birdman-hand-rub.gif

But will it be the concrete jungle or filled with luxury high rises, shiny build/buy and more let's pretend?

From the leaks, it doesn't look like there's any kind of grungyness or shady neighborhoods though we haven't seen all the neighborhoods, from the first picture and now this, it seems they aimed at a modern smiley city.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use :smiley: . I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...:expressionless:
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    I see lot's of FX.. how intuitive and tactile. If it only was functional..

Will see tomorrow what this is.
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use. I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...

Exactly my thoughts. Just FX FX FX FX.

It's not like Bridgeport wasn't an empty city with FX buildings, FX subways and FX Taxis, was it?

GTA is even 90% FX. Come on now.

If the building can be interacted with, I would not deem that a visual effect. Seeing how rabbit holes could be interacted with (to a degree), and the remainder of the buildings were created in build mode I hardly consider them "FX", under the shell was a building that your sim could enter, and live in, or whatever you wanted.

Subway was a rabbit hole, not a visual effect

I wish Taxi's were just FX... Literally, routing issues via taxi's driving around the city were one of the biggest problems of the pack. If they were a visual effect, there would be no need for routing as they would follow a set path, but then where could we drive?

So they did what they could, and they didn't do a very good job. There is no guarantee their next attempt at 'City Life' will pan out any better than the previous.
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    edited September 2016
    Im nervous about the trailer as this ep will determine whether i drop 4 all together. Been thinking about un installing the game for a while now to free up space as there just isnt anything that interests me in the game atm so im hoping this ep changes that. The mini clip looks good.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I can't wait to see more. I'm so tired of grass and desert, time for the concrete jungle. Something we called living in the city and no other implications. Please.

birdman-hand-rub.gif

But will it be the concrete jungle or filled with luxury high rises, shiny build/buy and more let's pretend?

Yeah, that can be disappointing. Then again if there's roads that can be like alleys, I will be a happy girl. You know, like a strip of lots with a road in back and front. I miss making lots connected to an alley. Just have to pretend with the garages.

Pipe dream again, the worlds are too small for something like that. :( *sad eyes*

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I don't mind the FX if they make it believable. I like how in GT they added the ability to walk everywhere. If you don't want to just pop straight to a loading screen, my sim can walk to the edge of her neighborhood and load the travel map that way. I actually appreciate that feature and use it often. Another example is how you can traveling to the city ruins through the iron gate in old town. Really nice features that really add to immersion for those of us who like to play that way.

So in regard to the City EP, I don't mind FX trains at all, if they make the illusion believable. Ex: Let us walk to a train station and board a train to prompt the loading screen for travel. That's a decent compromise for me that keeps the immersion relatively intact. It's not my ideal solution by any means, but for TS4 I'd be content with that.

All in all, I just hope to see some gritty city stuff. Beautiful cities are wonderful, don't get me wrong, but I really hope I can craft a few not so beautiful settings with this EP as well. :crosses fingers: I'd really be stoked if they throw a supernatural life state in there too. ;) I think I might be reaching too high in that regard, though. LOL
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Its not out tomorrow, the official trailer is out tomorrow, probably another week or two till the EP pops out

Trailer-to-launch time for the first two EPs was a lot longer than that. More like 6-8 weeks with lots of blog posts and videos. I wouldn't expect this one before early November.

But I thought they couldn't do it in the wrong quarter so that only leaves a couple more weeks.

It's free content they have to release in the same quarter it's revealed -- paid content they can discuss whenever they're ready to discuss it. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Jewels20Jewels20 Posts: 79 Member
    Looks interesting...I might actually buy it.
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 221 Member
    BLEWIS823, your sims are so cute!
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Im nervous about the trailer as this ep will determine whether i drop 4 all together.

I know the feeling. I haven't dropped TS4 entirely but it's not my main sim game anymore. I play TS2 whenever I feel like playing The Sims. However Ts4 is still installed in my computer and I play it from time to time when I just want a quick gameplay session (pretty much the same way one would play Angry Birds). I guess I haven't yet given up on it entirely because I'm kind of hoping one of these days an EP will blow me away and make me feel excited about the game again...we'll see if this is it...
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    I also saw a freaking man-bun and new smoking tattoos

The man bun is part of GTW.

Well I thought that too but as a cc creator I noticed that the bun is slightly smaller. In the hair from GTW the bun is a lot bigger and is like little layers of bun

BTW I cant post pictures yet.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    this world... from what I see in like 7 seconds, it doesn't look like it's inspired by anything in the real world...

Maybe Atlanta, Georgia... Parts of New York?

Sigh... It's definitely not Briarwood...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited September 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

birdman-hand-rub.gif

From the leaks, it doesn't look like there's any kind of grungyness or shady neighborhoods though we haven't seen all the neighborhoods, from the first picture and now this, it seems they aimed at a modern smiley city.

That's why I'm sitting back and watching. My excitement meter in on -5. This is going to be make or break for me.

That's why I'm waiting to watch too. If they have the right lot placement available, I can make my own grungy areas. We're doing it in Magnolia Promenade by using the large retail lot for grungy looking stores. A girl can dream.
    aelias24 wrote: »
    BLEWIS823, your sims are so cute!

Thank you very much! :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    One of the leaks mentioned a political career, and I remember the survey mentioning a political career with town editing...I'll be stoked if we can finally edit areas outside of lots.

If we get the mayor career and town editing I will dance with joy, ohh, it would be so much fun!
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2016
    I just need the right section of town for a proper backdrop. I can make my own gritty lots to flesh it out.
    Ex: tumblr_o7z4m8zn951vorh5do1_1280.png

I just need a city FX in the background for this to work better immersion wise. As long as the city backdrop in one of the neighborhoods is more believable than the current backdrop for this lot (which will not be hard to beat), I'm going to be ok.

And this lot looks ok with Windenburg as the FX background, but I think a real city backdrop would be better. Just hoping that one of the sub neighborhoods has a gritty element to it. ;)
    tumblr_ob7vgdk26S1vorh5do10_1280.png
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    I'm worried about the world size :confused:

Same here, that bus map in the bottom left has made me even more worried that were getting another tiny world. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

Bus maps in real life often don't show the entire town -- that map looks like the one for a close in look at one area, so it can show landmarks or locations of other nearby bus stops/train stations. You might have a full city/transit system map on one panel, that close-in look on another panel, then the third panel an ad. I do a lot of bus riding in cities and suburbs, so I see that sort of map quite a bit.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I hate how there's already so much negativity in this forum when all we have seen is a five second teaser, teaser I say. Just wait till tomorrow for the full trailer. I still have hope they are bringing cars and trains in a patch, I saw a highway and a monorail. I can dream.

It's not negativity. It's opinions based on past content and experience. We are hoping for more.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I just need the right section of town for a proper backdrop. I can make my own gritty lots to flesh it out.

I just need a city FX in the background for this to work better immersion wise. As long as the city backdrop in one of the neighborhoods is more believable than the current backdrop for this lot (which will not be hard to beat), I'm going to be ok.

That is fabulous. Did you do it and if you did is it in the gallery?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member

And this lot looks ok with Windenburg as the FX background, but I think a real city backdrop would be better. Just hoping that one of the sub neighborhoods has a gritty element to it. ;)
    tumblr_ob7vgdk26S1vorh5do10_1280.png

That looks really good!! Like a New York back alley where something bad could go down!!
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Oooh if we're getting town editing that will be cool :) (should be a patch update though tbh)

They're probably following what they mentioned in that survey. I hope the apartments are Sims 2 style.

UXF9ZV7.png
  • Options
    Conclue wrote: »
    So do we all collectively feel cars will be part of this EP? I mean, perfect theme to add back real transportation...

Most people who live in cities don't own cars, because it's so expensive (you have to pay for parking when you go to work and sometimes even pay extra to park at your residence, you often can't find a free street space close to either home or work, etc.). My husband's best friend has lived in New York City for over 30 years, and doesn't own a car; when he comes home to visit family or when he travels for business, he rents a car as necessary.
  • Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    I'm very excited for tomorrow! :mrgreen:
    It seems also there is two new male hairs in this teaser besides the man bun. Look at the two sims sitting on the bench.
  • Options
    HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    Finally something new! :)