This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

City Living OFFICIAL TRAILER IS OUT!

Comments

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2016
    @PHOEBESMOM601 I did build it, and it is on the Gallery. <3Slum Living
    It has a LOT of clutter, though, so if your PC is a little weak you'll want to delete some of the stuff when you load the lot in. Also, if you're playing the homes as apartments (as I do) please remember to lock the front doors to each respective home owner, so random sims living in the other apartments don't invade your home. One of the neighbors was always raiding my fridge... jerk. He totally has his own! LOL Each apartment is built with a pretty obvious personality in mind. I hope you like it! There is a common area, sort of like a mini lounge, where all the sims living on the lot can meet up, so the locked doors don't prevent sims from hanging out if you want them to.

Thank you @SimsFanatic2688 That's sort of what I was going for. lol I like gritty atmospheres!

Really stoked you guys liked it. It's not often I run into other simmers who like that sort of thing. Thank you!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Yubell wrote: »
    I'm waiting until someone reviews it first before deciding on buying I don't want to be disappointed or anything like I was with Get Together looked so much better in the trailer, I hope to train is somewhat usable and not just scenery...

Same here im not jumping on this bandwagon right off the bat like the other ones...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2016
    Conclue wrote: »
    So do we all collectively feel cars will be part of this EP? I mean, perfect theme to add back real transportation...

Most people who live in cities don't own cars, because it's so expensive (you have to pay for parking when you go to work and sometimes even pay extra to park at your residence, you often can't find a free street space close to either home or work, etc.). My husband's best friend has lived in New York City for over 30 years, and doesn't own a car; when he comes home to visit family or when he travels for business, he rents a car as necessary.

I live in a big city and I don't own a car either (in fact I recently sold mine and I just take cabs or uber). But cities are full of cars so I get Conclue's point...
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    So do we all collectively feel cars will be part of this EP? I mean, perfect theme to add back real transportation...

Most people who live in cities don't own cars, because it's so expensive (you have to pay for parking when you go to work and sometimes even pay extra to park at your residence, you often can't find a free street space close to either home or work, etc.). My husband's best friend has lived in New York City for over 30 years, and doesn't own a car; when he comes home to visit family or when he travels for business, he rents a car as necessary.

You know its funny that you say that. One of my best friends from high school always joked about how when she was living in NYC, no one ever owned a car. You either walked, took the subway or caught a cab.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 512 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Oooh if we're getting town editing that will be cool :) (should be a patch update though tbh)

They're probably following what they mentioned in that survey. I hope the apartments are Sims 2 style.

UXF9ZV7.png

Just buy/play the sims 3 to get all of that. :p;)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Living in Chicago, the CTA makes the whole city and both airports accessible. Even connects to suburban transit systems so I don't need a car. If I must go downtown, I would never drive there, parking is too expensive. Cars are a waste, if I need to drive I get my nephew's, or a friend's car.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 5,028 Member
    To be honest, I already love these clothes. They just look awesome to me.
    Well. Tomorrow comes the real trailer. Can't wait to see it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Does not seem like they added any supernatural to this EP.. :(

Which means that players who don't want supernaturals don't have to pass on the pack -- maybe those will come in a separate pack so people can choose to add or avoid them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Moderate disappointment for me. Unless it gives us vampires or somehow miraculously and inexplicably contains pets and/or weather then I may sit this one out.
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Underwhelmed by this short trailer :(
    I wish we got proper trailers now instead of having to wait. That was a boring 9 seconds

Not surprised we are getting city life with all the leak info about.

Will have to wait and see more info on this pack

"Proper" trailer comes out tomorrow -- this is a teaser for that trailer. Just be glad this isn't Blizzard, where they make an announcement that they're going to make an announcement. :|
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    We don't have any information on supernaturals in (or out) of this pack, do we?
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use :smiley: . I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...:expressionless:
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    I see lot's of FX.. how intuitive and tactile. If it only was functional..

Will see tomorrow what this is.
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use. I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...

Exactly my thoughts. Just FX FX FX FX.

It's not like Bridgeport wasn't an empty city with FX buildings, FX subways and FX Taxis, was it?

GTA is even 90% FX. Come on now.

OMG XD GTA.. 90% FX..THE F are you talking about? You are grasping at straws here lmao Taxis and subways aren't fx either xD Just because it is a rabbit hole. What a joke. Thanks for the good laugh tho.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Karaoke <3
  • Options
    We don't have any information on supernaturals in (or out) of this pack, do we?

We do not, but I am not expecting them for reasons that I cannot quite explain. It is a gut feeling. What I am anticipating given the theme is apartments, of which I have no interest, and more party venues, of which I already have too many. And so we are down to clothing. A new jacket is not sufficiently interesting to get me to part with $40 US.

We'll see for sure tomorrow.
  • Options
    SIMplyenglishSIMplyenglish Posts: 4 New Member
    So excited
    Apparently in the ep there will be :
    Apartments
    Politics Career
    Basketball
    Etc.
    I read it on sims vip

I'll wait and see for tomorrow. 3rd ep . Yay
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited September 2016
    OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use :smiley: . I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...:expressionless:

OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use. I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...

It's not like Bridgeport wasn't an empty city with FX buildings, FX subways and FX Taxis, was it?

Yeah, come on!

Wasn't this the ''great foundation'' capable to fulfil all of our desires and wishes? No reason for just FX, they can also make some functional stuff like that.

As I said, all well made games have FX. There's no game that exists that doesn't have it.
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »

TS4, hands down, is the king of unusable props, staging and backdrops.

Yep, and you can't enter or use any of them.

I'd rather just FX backdrops than FX Buildings that are supposed to be real buildings PLUS FX backdrops.
    I mean, how many buildings has the Sims 4 actually deleivered that are just FX in The Sims 3?

The game that was based on the world? That has FX community lots. So far, the only lot The Sims 3 has now that 4 doesn't is a Graveyard. Otherwise, The Sims 4 has actually got more lots where you can actually visit whereas The Sims 3 lots were FX central as a substitute not an extra.

As I've always said, time will be the biggest weapon for The Sims 4, because the Sims 3 has the worst community lots of the franchise. Literally, the "store venues" require rugs and pretend objects to even work.

You go to the Bistro in The Sims 3 and a waiter hands you something and Sims eat like they got it out of a fridge. And that cost $20.

The Sims 3 world tools are amazing, and so is the home life. But that's where it ends. Leaving your house to do anything 3, is mostly FX gameplay.
    Or watered down so that the game can run in an open world.

As I already said, people complain about FX in 4's backdrops, but at least it didn't enter our game. Even the Cars in 3, were mostly FX, and your Sims vanish and then sit motionless.

I'm sure that won't be the case of 4 ever tried to do Cars. So far, 4 has not given us FX for gameplay, just backdrops.

Should 4 already have cars? Sure. But no point adding them in when they are nothing more than FX.

But 3 having FX for gameplay doesn't matter right? FX community lots are fine as long as there's no loading screen. I don't mind Sims vanishing into thin air when they leave the house to do something they can't do at home....sure.
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Underwhelmed by this short trailer :(
    I wish we got proper trailers now instead of having to wait. That was a boring 9 seconds

Not surprised we are getting city life with all the leak info about.

Will have to wait and see more info on this pack

"Proper" trailer comes out tomorrow -- this is a teaser for that trailer. Just be glad this isn't Blizzard, where they make an announcement that they're going to make an announcement. :|

To be fair, Blizzard's ARGs are pretty fun.
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    @Unrealny lol, whenever I see you I first thing that you posted a picture of Pearl and you're annoyed/frustrated/upset but then I realize that is just an avatar. XD
    I hope new tattoos too. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »

You know its funny that you say that. One of my best friends from high school always joked about how when she was living in NYC, no one ever owned a car. You either walked, took the subway or caught a cab.

I live downtown in a city. We do own a car, but if my husband's office would move out of a not-transit-friendly part of the suburbs, we'd sell it. My son's only finally learning to drive in his 20s after moving away to a more car-friendly place. I walk almost everywhere I need to go.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2016
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Funny that people already think that they know the whole ep based on a 9 seconds trailer

Nah fam, we know about the ep from the leaks AND the trailer. But sure, you continue on judging people.
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Living in Chicago, the CTA makes the whole city and both airports accessible. Even connects to suburban transit systems so I don't need a car. If I must go downtown, I would never drive there, parking is too expensive. Cars are a waste, if I need to drive I get my nephew's, or a friend's car.

I would love to have a condo in San Francisco, within walking or short transit distance from shopping, restaurants and entertainment/fun. (My dream location is right near the ballpark where the SF Giants play baseball.)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Does not seem like they added any supernatural to this EP.. :(

Which means that players who don't want supernaturals don't have to pass on the pack -- maybe those will come in a separate pack so people can choose to add or avoid them.
    Why not just an on/off button so that they're optional regardless?
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Maybe, just maybe, whoever takes over Rachel's position might rework things a bit so that there's less than a year between EPs.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    I need more than this snippet to get excited. Sorry. Perhaps, the trailer tomorrow will show me something I really want. I'm glad for those who want them, if you're truly going to get apartments in this EP, but there is no guarantee, after all. I guess I've grown quite skeptical.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Funny that people already think that they know the whole ep based on a 9 seconds trailer

Nah fam, we know about the ep frm the leaks AND the trailer. But sure, you continue on judging people.

Well, there's karaoke that wasn't mentioned in the leak. Don't seem to know everything about this pack huh? But sure, you continue on judging this EP that was literally just announced and has already got stuff we didn't know about yet.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png