This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

City Living OFFICIAL TRAILER IS OUT!

Comments

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    So it turns out those leaks were true after all..

someone's in trouble

tumblr_lzx218LTxm1qgfylao1_250.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Nikoa wrote: »
    I remember they said we'd see something we've never seen before in Sims. I wonder what that is in this pack?

That was misquote. Personally I believe the never before seen thing in the sims was the gender update since technically speaking we've never been able to do those things before.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    So it turns out those leaks were true after all..

someone's in trouble

tumblr_lzx218LTxm1qgfylao1_250.gif

Who ever leaked it is like:

zelena-oops.gif

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    It's funny how lots of people are calling the EP "City Life", cause of the leaks :D
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    emilymsims wrote: »
    Imagine how cool a city would look with season!
    and pets...
    and toddlers....
    For me this might be an Ep that gets better after the 4th and 5th Ep etc.. But I'm excited to see the trailer and get LGR opinion!

Everything you listed is what I'm so badly waiting for, including university.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use :smiley: . I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...:expressionless:
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    I see lot's of FX.. how intuitive and tactile. If it only was functional..

Will see tomorrow what this is.
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use. I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...

Exactly my thoughts. Just FX FX FX FX.

It's not like Bridgeport wasn't an empty city with FX buildings, FX subways and FX Taxis, was it?

GTA is even 90% FX. Come on now.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Well, the fx makes the city look already more alive than bridgeport ever was.

Totally! It isn't like all the traffic lights and ACTUAL functional cars made Bridgeport alive or anything, right? :expressionless:

No they didn't, which is why they had FX taxis, which also failed to keep it alive.
  • Options
    Bordeaux2014Bordeaux2014 Posts: 81 Member
    I'm almost sure our Sims won't be able to use the subway trains that are visible in the video but I hope I'll end up being wrong... I also really hope the new world will be packed with interactable objects scattered all around the neighborhood unlike the weird feeling Windenburg where the only usable objects were the chess tables in the whole neighborhood area. :/
    tumblr_m2wafd5_Hxa1rsyea4o1_500.png
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    The city looks awesome! But I'm reserving judgement for now. Everything in TS4 looks and sounds awesome (in my opinion) but in my experience it's often empty inside and leaves you feeling meh. So I'll have to wait and see if this is EP is any different...
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use :smiley: . I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...:expressionless:

OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use. I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...

It's not like Bridgeport wasn't an empty city with FX buildings, FX subways and FX Taxis, was it?

Yeah, come on!

Wasn't this the ''great foundation'' capable to fulfil all of our desires and wishes? No reason for just FX, they can also make some functional stuff like that.
  • Options
    GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    The city looks awesome! But I'm reserving judgement for now. Everything in TS4 looks and sounds awesome (in my opinion) but in my experience it's often empty inside and leaves you feeling meh. So I'll have to wait and see if this is EP is any different...

same.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

TS4, hands down, is the king of unusable props, staging and backdrops.

TS4 is good at clutter and set dressing, I give them that. However it comes short (understatement) when it comes to deep meaningful gameplay.

You got a like for that one Rudy.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I can't wait to see more. I'm so tired of grass and desert, time for the concrete jungle. Something we called living in the city and no other implications. Please.

birdman-hand-rub.gif
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2016

My problem with FX is not Fx itself (which is great for games like GTA). It's the fact that those props, background buildings etc. make the game way less customizable than previous sims games (eg try turning Willow Creek into a New England town and you'll see the limitations). Sims games are meant to be customizable. And Fx, background buildings, uneditable public spaces etc. go against that.

So to sum up, I'd be happy with FX and props if I could choose how to use them and where to place them (pretty much like in TS2 and TS3). I'm not okay with premade worlds that are 99% uncustomisable...
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2016

TS4, hands down, is the king of unusable props, staging and backdrops.

Yep, and you can't enter or use any of them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 221 Member
    EBUCHALA Wrote:
    They can announce information about paid content any time they want as long as it doesn't include free content information (which has to be released in the same quarter it's announced).

Could someone please explain further?
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    blewis823 wrote: »
    I can't wait to see more. I'm so tired of grass and desert, time for the concrete jungle. Something we called living in the city and no other implications. Please.

birdman-hand-rub.gif

But will it be the concrete jungle or filled with luxury high rises, shiny build/buy and more let's pretend?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 591 Member
    I dont mind the fx train.. Im just hoping for sims 2 style apartments...
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I'm so excited! Looks like she's amazed at something tall (skyscrapers?). Love the train, even though it's probably a background aesthetic. :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLmLSCkzXZc

That's what's confusing lol look at the distance she is already from the highway in the backdrop. It kinda seems like she's already up high doesn't it?

Exciting. Hysterical how it pops out of no where. LOL Although, in all honesty they did hint it in that teaser .gif on Bob Pancakes shirt. That's just as much of a hint as a thought bubble of a bird. lol (bird feeder/watching in the BYS pack LOL)

Just no one picked up on it. Everyone was too busy wondering if the bottle meant toddlers or a nanny.

LMAO too funny

Nando called it. But I thought it was too far-fetched at the time:
  • Options
    QDog wrote: »

My problem with FX is not Fx itself (which is great for games like GTA). It's the fact that those props, background buildings etc. make the game way less customizable than previous sims games (eg try turning Willow Creek into a New England town and you'll see the limitations). Sims games are meant to be customizable. And Fx, background buildings, uneditable public spaces etc. go against that.

So to sum up, I'd be happy with FX and props if I could choose how to use them and where to place them (pretty much like in TS2 and TS3). I'm not okay with premade worlds that are 99% uncustomisable...

Absolutely.....no waterfalls, no homes on hills, no editing of common space......and on and on.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Ambera wrote: »
    I truly hope that they'll release the EP just as soon after they drop the trailer as they did with Backyard Stuff. It's really exciting to have this to look forward too.

I also hope that the leaks didn't prompt an earlier release. I'd rather wait a little longer so the developers can put in all the stuff they originally planned on doing.

I wouldn't count on that -- I'd expect a few weeks of more detail (trailers/blogs) for the new features -- one on apartments, one on the rumored festivals, etc. I'm thinking with them announcing now that we'll see release in mid-October; possible October 11 with the pre-release patch (with free content) on October 6 which would mean they could announce the free content on the 3rd or 4th (new quarter).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)