Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two instances of autonomous fighting in my game.

Don't know if autonomous fighting is common but now I have seen it twice in my game.

Previously I was very careful with taking care and maintain all my sims friends and coworkers, now I give the same attention to the negative relationships. I don't let them slip down too much and make sure there is still plenty of red on the bars. If the relationship is such that these sims should start insulting or jerring eachother when they see one another at least the one that I am controlling will behave in the correct way. And since I play rotational I have played all these conflicts from both sides.

Now I have seen autonomus fighting twice in my game.

08-06-16_10-47-37nbspPM_zps5l61h5fi.png
I just started to play Amber, she was heading to the park when all of a sudden she was attacked by one of the townie-sims. I have played the attacking sim before, she has not been in any fights previously but she has been working steadily on one of the deviant aspirations so plenty of mean interactions. Plus, she has the dancemachine trait, she has been seen bored out of her skull in the park for the entire PT. Since it's probably 3 generations before I will start building anything clubbing-related perhaps it shouldn't be too surprising that the dance-people are less than happy. Amber won and continued to her date with a nice confident-moodlet.

08-07-16_12-48-33nbspAM_zpsil1xii5z.png
When Amber gets to the park I continue with her blinddate. She had a club with a few single YA:s without any rules, then they can talk freely and I get to see if there is anyone there that she clicks with. We got it down to one lucky sim left that really had a great chemistry with Amber. Earlier during the date I had seen the child in my main family walk into the park, decided to see what she was up to. Lo and behold over by the pirateship. She was in a fight with another girl!

08-07-16_12-49-15nbspAM_zpslharsd2f.png
These two kids have a history. They instantly disliked each other and I have let it escalate. I have played the conflict from both sides during rotational play and they have fought mabe two times. However I do think that it was my main family child that started both these fights, and lost both of them. And my little kiddo lost again, nice look the readhead is giving her.

"Got you again, loser"

C1.%20B3_zpsdqfcrtgw.jpg
Well, it plays beautifully into my story. The redhead is daughter to Lewis, second in command of the settlement. He is in charge of physical education so she has the motor skill down to a tee, plus she is an active sim. Daddy's girl through and through. Meanwhile my kiddo is taking after her mother in her love of the outdoors but not so much in the running and jumping-bit. She paints pictures and loves reading, she will get the bookworm for second trait when becoming a teenager. Bonus for the townie-sims, plenty of gossip-fodder!

07-19-16_11-25-42nbspPM_zpsxhlkovhb.png
They grow up so fast, just a few nights ago she was itty bitty and now we are getting the stuffing beaten out of us at the park. But hey, what is life without a little bit of conflict.

08-05-16_2-49-32nbspPM_zpsujfybovo.png
Life is pretty good most of the time, and the battery in the battlestation should hold for one more night. Now I'm going to go into CAS and put on the Sad-panda-hat again. It has now become tradition to put on the sad-hat whenever she loses a fight.

Don't know if it was a onetime occurence or if it will continue like this. Lol, hope kiddo won't get a beating every time I got to the park on another sim, at least the redhead will turn into a teenager in one or two days so it should be safe.

Comments

• Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    I've had it happen in normal play a few times. You can sort of tell when it will be likely since the other sim /townie will be angry and stomping around everywhere, and it seems to happen even if the two sims are otherwise friends.

dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Awesome, yes I noticed Autonomous fighting in my game, seen the evil landgrab sim attack a random dude at the dance night club place, was amusing, I'm glad it was added, my game needed some spice because it was WAAAY too peaceful. :o
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yeah, I've noticed this as well.

My worlds has become a little more dangerous. I have a night club which has 3 rival clubs that has fight each other as an activity - place is absolutely mad :grin:
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    In my game it mostly happened on retail lots, haven't happened in a while now
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited August 2016
    I hope autonomous break ups/ loose jobs/ move out/ gain money while not active, if that were to get added in the future, would be nice, kinda like on sims 3. :D
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I've had this happen recently, too, but the unusual thing was that it happened quickly and between two Sims who were not angry. A bartender left one of my clubs and walked out front. One of my townie kids walked up to him immediately and they started fighting, but it ended quickly and the bartender disappeared. It was very odd. I didn't know children could fight!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Cool! Then it sounds like I will see it again, I'm very pleased >:)

I am slowly building up a fighting club, it just have to fit the story.

Thank you for answering everyone!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yay! Happy news.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    It does happen from time to time.

In my Legacy save my founder had an almost full red bar with Alice Spencer Kim (we didn't manage to greet her before the Welcome Wagon timer ran out and she got all huffy about it so I decided to go with the negative relationship since he's a mischief making criminal.) Many days later I sent him over to the Spencer-Kim house to clog a sink for his aspiration and when he was done he autonomously queued up the action to get in a fight with her even though she was three floors above him and hadn't interacted with him in quite some time. He probably should have just let it go because she won the fight lol. I had him further their negative relationship by declaring her an enemy and later had him bind the voodoo doll to her. It definitely makes things interesting when the Sims decided for themselves that they don't like someone lol.

~ ~ ~
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I had one of my few instances of autonomous fighting just the other day, as my Sim arrived to a birthday party. It was the mother of the birthday Sim who was "attacked" - twice! She was just standing outside the house greeting my Sim when two townies started fighting her, one after the other. Needless to say, she won both times.
  • Options
    AshlieBoomAshlieBoom Posts: 143 Member
    This seems to happen in my game a lot, its usually when I'm not paying attention and always happens right outside my sims house. it seems to be every time I play a specific property in Windenburg that this happens frequently....and with a new sim who has no previous relationship with the other sim she or he is fighting! baffling, but entertaining.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    What determines who wins the fight? Just the fitness skill? Anyone know?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'm getting confusled. What's an 'instance' and isn't it obvious that the random brawling in Windenburg is a reference to social behavior around European pubs (and community bathrooms apparently)?
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I wish it would happen to the active sim more often. Like my active sim makes autonomous mean interactions
  • Options
    I'm getting confusled. What's an 'instance' and isn't it obvious that the random brawling in Windenburg is a reference to social behavior around European pubs (and community bathrooms apparently)?

Instance - noun - a case or occurrence of anything.

I don't believe that autonomous fighting is tied to a specific map, or that it would be specifically coded to imitate behaviour in real life community bathrooms. Don't see how you got that out of an autonomous fight between two children beside the playground equipment in a park.
  • Options

I don't believe that autonomous fighting is tied to a specific map, or that it would be specifically coded to imitate behaviour in real life community bathrooms. Don't see how you got that out of an autonomous fight between two children beside the playground equipment in a park.

But I do believe that what you're posting is tied to a specific map because I know more about what an instance is...
    • 'sims4.tuning.instances.buff_AutonomyMod_EuropeWalkbys_Brawl'
    • 'sims4.tuning.instances.buff_Sim_HasBrawledRecently_Hidden'
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options

But I do believe that what you're posting is tied to a specific map because I know more about what an instance is...
    • 'sims4.tuning.instances.buff_AutonomyMod_EuropeWalkbys_Brawl'
    • 'sims4.tuning.instances.buff_Sim_HasBrawledRecently_Hidden'

Ohh... that specific thing was interesting, I had no idea that instance could mean something different. But is there no brawling in the other maps?

Still don't see how it is tied to community bathrooms, that sounds more like "those people are sure strange"-stuff. So very happy to see more interesting tidbits about the game, but I don't see how it would be tied to specific real life bathrooms.
  • Options
    What determines who wins the fight? Just the fitness skill? Anyone know?

Sorry, I forgot to reply earlier. As far as I know it is the fitness skill, at least it matches up with the sims I have seen out fighting in my game.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    So, there's no reason for them fighting- just one is mad for no reason and starts a fight with another?
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    So, there's no reason for them fighting- just one is mad for no reason and starts a fight with another?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JtnEUPvpus
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I wish! I only see this if I've taken my cop Sim on patrol.
  • Options
    One must wonder why anyone would want to add random 'hostile' expressions and fighting with intentional references to known public abuse. Isn't it illegal to simulate violence for any reason other than enforcement training in every civilized country?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    One must wonder why anyone would want to add random 'hostile' expressions and fighting with intentional references to known public abuse. Isn't it illegal to simulate violence for any reason other than enforcement training in every civilized country?

Um, no?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Um, no?

So you believe that it's acceptable to simulate random public violence in a product for all ages? Characters should simply approach, then randomly and repeatedly initiate a "European Brawl" without warning whenever they arrive at public locations?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Um, no?

So you believe that it's acceptable to simulate random public violence in a product for all ages? Characters should simply approach, then randomly and repeatedly initiate a "European Brawl" without warning whenever they arrive at public locations?

I grew up watching Monty Python. I'm fine with a lot of things. And before you ask, yes, I have children; yes, they game; yes, those games have often been violent; no, they all turned out to be upstanding, peaceful young people, thanks.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.