The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two instances of autonomous fighting in my game.

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I'm with you @luthienrising I'm just dandy with this in my game. In fact the first time I saw it I just laughed. Love it!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    DeeB424DeeB424 Posts: 35 Member
    I noticed the brawl too and just thought wow what the heck was that about but then the same Sim kept coming round and doing it - so I killed him because the Sim he attacked was pregnant.

I don't want random fighting in my game, I've seen behaviors that turn around and cause a fight but that's part of the jealousy trait. I want this bug fixed quickly...it's quite inconvenient to have brawls breaking out for no reason.
  • Options
    DeeB424 wrote: »
    I noticed the brawl too and just thought wow what the heck was that about but then the same Sim kept coming round and doing it - so I killed him because the Sim he attacked was pregnant.

I don't want random fighting in my game, I've seen behaviors that turn around and cause a fight but that's part of the jealousy trait. I want this bug fixed quickly...it's quite inconvenient to have brawls breaking out for no reason.

It's not actually a bug....

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    DeeB424DeeB424 Posts: 35 Member
    Whatever, This IS a bug because I've had Windenburg since the release and this just recently started occurring. I want it fixed.

If you think that "your" gaming is all about violence then make your own fights, but having autonomous fighting with NO provocation is not a normal gaming day for me.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Whatever, This IS a bug because I've had Windenburg since the release and this just recently started occurring. I want it fixed.

If you think that "your" gaming is all about violence then make your own fights, but having autonomous fighting with NO provocation is not a normal gaming day for me.

A lot of people reported the autonomous fighting way back at GT release.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

It has been in GT since it first came out. Part of the design/coding.

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,704 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I'm with you @luthienrising I'm just dandy with this in my game. In fact the first time I saw it I just laughed. Love it!

Me too. It adds just that little bit of "je ne sais qiox" (a quality that cannot be described or named easily, for those who don't know)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    February11 wrote: »

Me too. It adds just that little bit of "je ne sais qiox" (a quality that cannot be described or named easily, for those who don't know)

At least it adds humor value to the forums however the reference may not be permissible due to professional obligations. Hopefully EA has 'covered' this with the developers...
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Fighting for no reason? The sims aren't even tied to each other and have no relationship? Just walked up and fought? That's lame.
  • Options

At least it adds humor value to the forums however the reference may not be permissible due to professional obligations. Hopefully EA has 'covered' this with the developers...

Like I said in your other thread, which lead me to this one, I've not had it happen, but will hang around the streets of Windenburg - with my body builder Sim, to see what happens :D
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited August 2016
    Fighting for no reason? The sims aren't even tied to each other and have no relationship? Just walked up and fought? That's lame.

In my game one fight was between two sims that had fully red bars and 3 disliked arrows.

Then a second fight when Amber got attacked by sim that I had played earlier in a rotation. The attacking sim is working on a mischief-aspiration and had spent an entire evening being mean to people. She attacked Amber when I rotated away from her household to Amber.

So in my game it made sense at least :)

Edit: Clarity
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member

Like I said in your other thread, which lead me to this one, I've not had it happen, but will hang around the streets of Windenburg - with my body builder Sim, to see what happens :D

That should be amusing, but don't idle for too long or his mother might teach him a brutal lesson! :D
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2016
    I did not know that kids could fight? thanks for the info. new to mw. I have never seen any sims fight. Not that I like sims fighting, but I guess it would put some spark in the game, if it happen once in awhile. I'd like to hang around in the streets of Windenburg just to see if there is a fight. Something a little different and less la la land where nothing happens.
  • Options

In my game one fight was between two sims that had fully red bars and 3 disliked arrows.

Then a second fight when Amber got attacked by sim that I had played earlier in a rotation. The attacking sim is working on a mischief-aspiration and had spent an entire evening being mean to people. She attacked Amber when I rotated away from her household to Amber.

So in my game it made sense at least :)

Edit: Clarity

Same, in my game the sims disliked each other and/or had the mischief aspiration. One of the kids that gets into fights a lot has the mean trait. Makes perfect sense to me.

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I havent had this happen in my game. I hope it does
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    I wish it would happen to the active sim more often. Like my active sim makes autonomous mean interactions
    snurfles wrote: »
    I wish! I only see this if I've taken my cop Sim on patrol.
    Me too, and when I initiated the first fight for my criminal he lost... I hadn't built his physical fitness. Does swimming skill coins as physical fitness too?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I did not know that kids could fight? thanks for the info. new to mw. I have never seen any sims fight. Not that I like sims fighting, but I guess it would put some spark in the game, if it happen once in awhile. I'd like to hang around in the streets of Windenburg just to see if there is a fight. Something a little different and less la la land where nothing happens.
    It would probably be easiest with people that are made enemies... And a sim who uses the mischief and mean interaction a lot and have the mean and/or evil traits.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    So it happens suddenly out of nowhere for no reason? Ummm...k
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    So it happens suddenly out of nowhere for no reason? Ummm...k

Not really... see my post above.

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited August 2016
    I haven't seen any autonomous fighting in my game for quite some time now.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

Probably been nerfed to protect the feelings of simmers.

• Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    No autonomous fighting in my game. But whenever I invite someone over, they mostly show up in an Angry mood.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    PRACTICE fighting is a possible interaction, it's not mean or anything, just a practice fight, two friends rough housing. I'm sure someone will or had made a mod to disable that interaction autonomously.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

Probably been nerfed to protect the feelings of simmers.
    Maybe, all I know is that autonomous fighting was in my game one day and gone the next.

• Options
    Evalen wrote: »

I always liked to watch the policeman and burglar fights in Sims 3 :D
    MLgj4Vx.png