Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two instances of autonomous fighting in my game.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Fighting for no reason? The sims aren't even tied to each other and have no relationship? Just walked up and fought? That's lame.

In my game one fight was between two sims that had fully red bars and 3 disliked arrows.

Then a second fight when Amber got attacked by sim that I had played earlier in a rotation. The attacking sim is working on a mischief-aspiration and had spent an entire evening being mean to people. She attacked Amber when I rotated away from her household to Amber.

So in my game it made sense at least :)

Edit: Clarity

Same, in my game the sims disliked each other and/or had the mischief aspiration. One of the kids that gets into fights a lot has the mean trait. Makes perfect sense to me.

Woot! I guess I'll keep working on the mischief-aspirations for those few selected sims then. And make sure to take care that there are a few red bars and dislike in the world.

Hope I will see it again :smile:
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I was wondering if something in the Detective career might've set it off here. I hadn't seen random autonomous fights until I put Don in Detective and he had to break up a fight on patrol.

After THAT, though, I went to a Windenburg restaurant with him for a date, and the waitress and bartender (both females) got into a fight right there while on the clock.

I haven't played a lot since, but I thought that was strange. Definitely new *here*.

• Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited August 2016
    I was wondering if something in the Detective career might've set it off here. I hadn't seen random autonomous fights until I put Don in Detective and he had to break up a fight on patrol.

After THAT, though, I went to a Windenburg restaurant with him for a date, and the waitress and bartender (both females) got into a fight right there while on the clock.

I haven't played a lot since, but I thought that was strange. Definitely new *here*.

This can be tested easily, and again, I've sent my sims into a public area within Windenburg which is outside of lot boundaries. I've seen this happen during the day, however it appears to happen most frequently during the evening when there are more walk-bys. The sims stand and chat for about one sim hour before three sims follow and begin assaulting them without warning, while having a situation job assignment which is defined as "openStreets_Europe_brawl":

These sims were walking toward this location and the assailant followed them to initiate the 'brawl' - I didn't notice her approach and the fight surprised me. The attacker in this image is Elsa Bjergsen and none of these sims are members of clubs or active careers.
    European_Brawl_01.jpg

Here is the list of sims which have been assigned the openStreets_Europe_brawl situation job...

European_Brawl_02.jpg

European_Brawl_03.jpg

European_Brawl_04.jpg

The brawl situation is defined as "situation_autonomous_OpenStreet_brawl" and you'll notice that the moodlet applied when sims are added to the situation is buff_NPC_Very_Angry. They'll head straight for your active sims and immediately assault them even while they're engaged in other activities, then follow and assault them again.

Here is the situation type and default job for Elsa's instance of situation_autonomous_OpenStreet_brawl:

European_Brawl_05_Elsa_Bjergsen.jpg

Type ID 122806 can be found in the SITUATION resource list:

SITUATION Resource 360: '00000000!00000000'0001dfb6.fbc3aeeb' Definition ID = '0x000000000001dfb6' Integer ID: 122806 Tuned Instance: <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.situation_autonomous_OpenStreet_brawl'>

SITUATION_JOB Resource 370: '00000000!00000000'0001dfb8.9c07855f' Definition ID = '0x000000000001dfb8' Integer ID: 122808 Tuned Instance: <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.jobs_openStreets_Europe_brawl'>

This isn't any mystery. B)
    Post edited by Forest_Ninja on
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I love that fact that my sims sometimes get into fights. Its funny when I try to find my sim who walked off just to find them fighting with someone lol.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    It's been awhile seen this has happened to one of my sims. I still can't get over the fact that one of my sims had won a freeze ray after winning a fight with an NPC in a retail store. B)<3
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2016

This is can be tested easily, and again, I've sent my sims into a public area within Windenburg which is outside of lot boundaries. I've seen this happen during the day, however it appears to happen most frequently during the evening when there are more walk-bys. The sims stand and chat for about one sim hour before three sims follow and begin assaulting them without warning, while having a situation job assignment which is defined as "openStreets_Europe_brawl":

These sims were walking toward this location and the assailant followed them to initiate the 'brawl' - I didn't notice her approach and the fight surprised me. The attacker in this image is Elsa Bjergsen and none of these sims are members of clubs or active careers.
    European_Brawl_01.jpg

Here is the list of sims which have been assigned the openStreets_Europe_brawl situation job...

European_Brawl_02.jpg

European_Brawl_03.jpg

European_Brawl_04.jpg

The brawl situation is defined as "situation_autonomous_OpenStreet_brawl" and you'll notice that the moodlet applied when sims are added to the situation is buff_NPC_Very_Angry. They'll head straight for your active sims and immediately assault them even while they're engaged in other activities, then follow and assault them again.

Here is the situation type and default job for Elsa's instance of situation_autonomous_OpenStreet_brawl:

SITUATION Resource 360: '00000000!00000000'0001dfb6.fbc3aeeb' Definition ID = '0x000000000001dfb6' Integer ID: 122806 Tuned Instance: <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.situation_autonomous_OpenStreet_brawl'>

SITUATION_JOB Resource 370: '00000000!00000000'0001dfb8.9c07855f' Definition ID = '0x000000000001dfb8' Integer ID: 122808 Tuned Instance: <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.jobs_openStreets_Europe_brawl'>

@SimGuruNick , is this possible in game and if so how come my game never plays this way? And if so, don't tweak it out of existence, please. I would enjoy TS4 a lot more if all these codes are true and just once I would love to see this in my game since I haven't seen it and have played GT since it came out in Dec.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @Forest_Ninja According to the game rating fighting is possible in the game mechanics. Maybe this game just isn't for you. Maybe keep your Sims out of Windenburg? I know I've had to use a lot of work arounds. Maybe there's a mod out there to get rid of the fighting.

Me? Next time I open this predicable hunk of pixels I'm going to have my Sims go idle in 'the Burg' and see if they can't get up to some mischief. It would be a relief to see something surprising.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=33553&amp;&amp;Title=The+Sims%u2122+4

Rating Summary: This is a “sandbox” simulation game in which players create, customize, and control characters called “Sims” through their daily activities. Players are free to pursue a variety of daily goals as they observe and attempt to influence other Sims in town. Players can socially interact with Sims to build relationships, and are free to pursue more intimate encounters, such as the ability to kiss, hug, or engage in “Try for Baby” and “Mess Around” (i.e., sex) with another Sim: this action depicts the Sims squirming, giggling, and moaning under the covers until hearts float around the bed. Sims maintain their health and hygiene through eating, exercising, bathing, and using the toilet. They sometimes vomit or plum on themselves if their hygiene is not properly managed. Some interactions lead to fighting, which is depicted by sounds of struggle and partially obscured “fight-cloud” effects; other animations include Sims getting electrocuted by household appliances, being eaten by a giant carnivorous plant, or dying in fires—a Grim Reaper arrives, turning dead Sims into urns.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The rating on this game, and all other Sims games that have come before it are as follows: Rated T for teens for:
    Crude Humor.
    Sexual Themes.
    Violence.
    This rating is from the ESRB.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

This is can be tested easily, and again, I've sent my sims into a public area within Windenburg which is outside of lot boundaries. I've seen this happen during the day, however it appears to happen most frequently during the evening when there are more walk-bys. The sims stand and chat for about one sim hour before three sims follow and begin assaulting them without warning, while having a situation job assignment which is defined as "openStreets_Europe_brawl":

European_Brawl_01.jpg

European_Brawl_02.jpg

European_Brawl_03.jpg

European_Brawl_04.jpg

Thank you! :) This is awesome stuff. Appreciate you sharing it. :wink:

(Details nerd, I LOVE stuff like this.) <3
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Interesting. I have played in Windenburg a LOT and have never seen or noticed this; I did not know it was possible. Seems like goofy harmless fun to me. If you don't want to participate or see this kind of play easy enough to play in one of the more peaceful towns eh? Let those simmers who enjoy this kind of thing have their fun. FIGHT CLUB!
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    I wish this would happen in my game! I'm sick of suburban sedation. Mama needs some drama!
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,676 Member
    edited August 2016
    Had my first brawl in Windenburg, my body builder Sim against Whasisface Goth! AND in broad daylight :D
    @luthienrising @NZsimm3r @Forest_Ninja

08_21_16_11_56_15_AM.pngscreen capture freeware
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    :joy: Oh my! I don't know what is funnier, the brawl or Paolo's swim wear!!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,676 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    :joy: Oh my! I don't know what is funnier, the brawl or Paolo's swim wear!!

:D Yes, he'd just been in the pool in the gym! He's part of my Gym Junkies club :D
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    HopeTahHopeTah Posts: 144 Member

This happened to me for the first time too. My active sim started a club gathering ('United Bros' - they all have the bro trait) and met up at their pub hangout in Windenburg for some drinks and games. One of the club members did not come in and I went outside to check on him, and turns out a random townie had attacked him out of the blue!

zmi5tz.png

fxaqmw.png

The sim won, and joined the rest of the club members afterwards. He didn't seem particularly mad (maybe because he won?). When I rotate back to his household, I'll check on who had attacked him.

* I did find it weird that this happened just out of nowhere, and after it happened, like nada consequences. Nobody came out of the pub to watch the fight. The sim involved in the fight didn't even seem like he'd been in a fight a couple of seconds later. In my older sims games, fights happened too, but only between declared enemies or those who were involved in a cheating situation. And everyone was steamed about it after.
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    I've had it happen in normal play a few times. You can sort of tell when it will be likely since the other sim /townie will be angry and stomping around everywhere, and it seems to happen even if the two sims are otherwise friends.

I had a sim out of nowhere fight me. Wasn't angry, and didn't know my sim. Startled me too.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    MikaScarletMikaScarlet Posts: 34 Member
    My Sim got into a fight with Dina Caliente. They were good friends, so I wasn't concerned when an interaction with Dina came up. (My Sim lives in Windenburg and Dina came up to her house to fight.) My Sim won. The only thing that I could think of to start the fight was Don Lothario the flirted with my Sim and news of this got back to Dina.

Made me nostalgic for Sims 2 brawls on commercial lots and Sims 2 wildfire gossip.