Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

Comments

• Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    I understand Sera is mad at them for not ever looking out for her but she's done it to herself. She's the one that constantly picks on them, you can't expect someone to be there for you when you are being awful to them. Even a good girl like Carly has her limits! Being what they say she is isn't going to help her either, she's going about everything the wrong way. :confounded:
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    To Sera: Dear Sera, listen to me... If you want to be and look like Goth and just to be evil... It's ridiculous, you know. Gothic people have nothing to do with evil :) Rebel? Goths don't rebel, they just present a different culture and viewpoint to the world, but I understand... You feel hurt and your sadness makes you angry at the whole world if even you think different, but it's the worst that anyone isn't guilty of your sadness. Antoine? He was just like you, so... Your decision to be b*ch will not help you. I hope someday you'll understand it.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I'm with @Sterretjeee on this. Sera got herself in this mess all by her own doing. No sympathy from me this time, sorry, Sera. If you want to change the world, start with the person in the mirror. But she got it all wrong again. Going all Lady McBeth won't make things better.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Interesting that she dyed her hair, as she was denying her family... - sighs - poor lost soul :(
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Thank you all for reading! I'm enjoying how different how different these responses are :) I initially thought there will only be one type of reaction to this chapter, so I'm glad there are varying ones :)
    Sera is seriously blaming her siblings? Wow, I understand she's hurt and all. But she's basically been rude to them since they were kids. Is she really that surprised they're not there for her now? She should find that comfort with someone who she hasn't hurt... Or follow Hallie's advice, but I guess that's not her way
    I understand Sera is mad at them for not ever looking out for her but she's done it to herself. She's the one that constantly picks on them, you can't expect someone to be there for you when you are being awful to them. Even a good girl like Carly has her limits! Being what they say she is isn't going to help her either, she's going about everything the wrong way. :confounded:
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I'm with @Sterretjeee on this. Sera got herself in this mess all by her own doing. No sympathy from me this time, sorry, Sera. If you want to change the world, start with the person in the mirror. But she got it all wrong again. Going all Lady McBeth won't make things better.

@Sterretjeee , @Maladi777 & @iheartdinosx3 : I don't think she was expecting a full blown support network, but she was looking for some type of acknowledgement. To be fair, I don't remember her doing anything super awful to her siblings before the summer love debacle, she was a mean child but it was all mostly sibling bickering. The really nasty stuff only started after the summer, because she was blaming them for ignoring her situation and bigging up Vito's relationship.

Not that I'm saying they should have done something differently. Carly most likely expected that approaching Sera would just cause Sera to blow up. As for Vito, he was way too smitten with his new relationship to pay attention to anyone else... And he hates Sera lol.

So I understand why she's feeling hurt, but I also understand why they weren't exactly there for her. As you said things like this go both ways :)
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Oh wow :/ I actually feel sorry for sera. On the other hand she is turning this into a vicious cycle... When will it stop :(
    Oh no, this broke my heart! Sera really needs someone she can talk to. Not even necessarily a boyfriend or anything... Just a friend in general who she can trust and who can be there for her! But I fear it might be too late for her to let anyone in... :(

I hate comparing to my own story again :lol: But she really reminds me of Mari in this chapter (maybe that's why I like her so much? :lol:) So self-destructive and so hateful toward herself. Sera, you need help :( Maybe not full-blown counseling like Mari did, but you need... Something.

This chapter was so well-written. Nice job!

@Julyvee94 & @CitizenErased14 Glad that somebody can actually feel compassion for Sera! She's in a lot of pain, but doesn't ever want to show her 'weak" side to anyone. A lot of it is self-inflicted, Sera is definitely her own worst enemy. You're both right that she needs to break out of the circle somehow. But what will it take?
    Whoa, Sera. You. You are wearing dark colors, dying your hair, and blaming your siblings. Going Goth is one thing, but blaming your siblings? Seriously? I watched a video in which a naughty girl went Goth and her mother didn't approve of it. She was like this for several months until one day, she decided to mature and get rid of the Gothic style because she had painful memories. I understand the poor girl is hurt and all, but she has the tendency to be mean and rude due to her mean nature. Please, Sera. Don't go any further with this cycle, or else your parents will see this and trust me, they'll be concerned and at the same time, disappointed. :( She would find someone that's not as seriously as hurt as her. She might be going through a phase in which she has the tendency to be naughty.

Overall, this chapter is well written!! :)
    To Sera: Dear Sera, listen to me... If you want to be and look like Goth and just to be evil... It's ridiculous, you know. Gothic people have nothing to do with evil :) Rebel? Goths don't rebel, they just present a different culture and viewpoint to the world, but I understand... You feel hurt and your sadness makes you angry at the whole world if even you think different, but it's the worst that anyone isn't guilty of your sadness. Antoine? He was just like you, so... Your decision to be b*ch will not help you. I hope someday you'll understand it.

@Simslover163 & @roseinblack69 I don't think she necessarily thinks being a goth equals being evil. I reckon she probably thinks something along the lines of "the black clothes and hair will complement my black soul" or something equally dramatic - the kind of thing teenagers come up with :) I think teens often decide to drastically change their style and appearance as some form of a statement, a reaction to something that happens or to mark a new chapter of their life. I know I did :) And spoiler, this is not the last teen makeover we'll get to see this generation!
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Interesting that she dyed her hair, as she was denying her family... - sighs - poor lost soul :(

@anaitapeva That's a really interesting observation! She's definitely trying to distance herself from them with this new look.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @Julyvee94 & @CitizenErased14 Glad that somebody can actually feel compassion for Sera! She's in a lot of pain, but doesn't ever want to show her 'weak" side to anyone. A lot of it is self-inflicted, Sera is definitely her own worst enemy. You're both right that she needs to break out of the circle somehow. But what will it take?

When I'm thinking of it, she's a lot like Raven Nightshade, although Raven has probably a little different reasons for never showing her weak side. Still, when you act like nothing can hurt you people will treat you like that. They won't waste their sympathy on you when you make them think you don't care about it.

If she went to pieces after the break up I'm sure they would have shown her their kind side. And that leaves us at the beginning. Maybe it was just a siblings bickering before, but mean is still mean. I went back to re-read the summer chapter after Vito's first kiss and Sera's make out in the bush. She lashed out at them very bad and it got only worse from that moment. I really can't see how they could act differently when she was trying to ruin Vito's happy moment because she got ditched. They didn't even know what happened to her until later. Meanwhile she said more mean stuff to everybody that it was impossible for them to even start feeling sorry for her.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    When I'm thinking of it, she's a lot like Raven Nightshade, although Raven has probably a little different reasons for never showing her weak side. Still, when you act like nothing can hurt you people will treat you like that. They won't waste their sympathy on you when you make them think you don't care about it.

If she went to pieces after the break up I'm sure they would have shown her their kind side. And that leaves us at the beginning. Maybe it was just a siblings bickering before, but mean is still mean. I went back to re-read the summer chapter after Vito's first kiss and Sera's make out in the bush. She lashed out at them very bad and it got only worse from that moment. I really can't see how they could act differently when she was trying to ruin Vito's happy moment because she got ditched. They didn't even know what happened to her until later. Meanwhile she said more mean stuff to everybody that it was impossible for them to even start feeling sorry for her.

@Maladi777 I think you're absolutely right about that. Sera's way of coping with pain is trying to inflict it on the people in her firing range (we've seen plenty of that). She's terrified of showing people a vulnerable side, so what she did on the last night in Windenburg (they did a lot more than just make out in that bush, mind - that probably didn't help her emotional state) to keep herself from bursting into tears was lash out at everybody and yell over the pain.

So I can't say I blame the others for not offering a shoulder to cry on :) Carly is such a sweetheart she may have contemplated it, but was probably (rightly) scared of Sera chewing her head off :)

Bottom line is that Sera needs to learn how to cope with life better, that's for sure!
  • Options
    Dear @ThePlumbob I understand what you mean and I totally agree with you :) The anger is an expression of the deep sadness. As I had very bad experience myself I understand how Sera feels, no matter I am an adult person... When you feel hurt you wish to destroy everything around yourself. If you are able to control yourself then it's fine (luckily I was able), if not... Then it's already dangerous and things can get even worse than they were before :/ I'm afraid Sera is unable to understand what's going with her and I don't doubt she'll cause more dramas... She needs a good friend, but unfortunately, she hurts and rejects all :/
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Today's chapter is a wordless one. It feels a bit like I'm cheating. :D But it just seemed no words were necessary.

9.21 First Snow

0FMEnJr.jpg
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hm sera seems to be realizing that the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 attitude is getting her nowhere :/
  • Options
    The screenshots are beautiful. I hope Yenn's intervention will help. Sera is like a ghost in the house now. Squeee! for Lottie & Ralph!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited August 2016
    The last few pics where Sera sneaked in Yen's bed were so cute! (As are all the other cute couple moments ;))
    Post edited by Sterretjeee on
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Ahhhh I love me a good wordless chapter :heart: And this was executed so well! No words needed for sure! I feel so much for Sera, but I also am glad to see that MAYBE she is starting to realize that she is doing this to herself and needs to change... Maybe. That could be my wishful thinking being projected into the chapter too ;)

I loved how you showed all the "couples" (well, including the platonic ones haha). It was so sweet! You did a great job with this one!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    It seems Sera feels very lonely... But if she'll not change anyone will not want to talk to her, I hope she understands it. I'm happy as I saw Yenn again and I saw how happy are others. It was good to see Ralph and Carly together, it seems they are best friends or very good friends. This chapter was very warm and sweet, I enjoyed it so much <3
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Awesome chapter! I'm so excited for Lottie and Ralph! They look cute together! Plus, those other couples made me go, "Awwwww". :blush: I have hope for Sera that she'll change.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Hm sera seems to be realizing that the plum attitude is getting her nowhere :/

@Julyvee94 Possibly. She's definitely very aware of being alone and unhappy.
    The screenshots are beautiful. I hope Yenn's intervention will help. Sera is like a ghost in the house now. Squeee! for Lottie & Ralph!

@Maladi777 Aww thanks. That's a huge compliment coming from you - your screenshots are always immaculate! Speaking of Yenn's intervention, that screenshot where Yenn sees Sera's new look for the first time and goes like "what the plum" wasn't staged at all, she really did that all on her own. I love Yenn :D

Love your new avatar btw, Beryl looks really classy there!
    The last few pics where Sera sneaked in Yen's bed were so cute! (As are all the other cute couple moments ;))

@Sterretjeee I never thought I'd see the day when anybody would describe something Sera is involved in as cute haha!
    Ahhhh I love me a good wordless chapter :heart: And this was executed so well! No words needed for sure! I feel so much for Sera, but I also am glad to see that MAYBE she is starting to realize that she is doing this to herself and needs to change... Maybe. That could be my wishful thinking being projected into the chapter too ;)

I loved how you showed all the "couples" (well, including the platonic ones haha). It was so sweet! You did a great job with this one!

@CitizenErased14 Oh hello, I thought you were meant to be internet-free! Hope the concerts are awesome!

Glad you approve of the wordless chapter, you are the wordless chapter queen after all! Though of course, with it being wordless we can't know for sure what Sera is thinking. It'll actually be a while till we get to hear from her POV again.

Ah, and yes, the "couples" :D even though Louis and Vito are the only actual couple. But yay for platonic relationships! :)
    It seems Sera feels very lonely... But if she'll not change anyone will not want to talk to her, I hope she understands it. I'm happy as I saw Yenn again and I saw how happy are others. It was good to see Ralph and Carly together, it seems they are best friends or very good friends. This chapter was very warm and sweet, I enjoyed it so much <3

@roseinblack69 Yes, she is. She is jealous of how close the others are. She seems to have reached a breaking point, the question is she will go from here. And yes, Ralph and Carly have been spending more time together now. Not sure if I would go as far as calling them best friends, but they're definitely friends.
    Awesome chapter! I'm so excited for Lottie and Ralph! They look cute together! Plus, those other couples made me go, "Awwwww". :blush: I have hope for Sera that she'll change.

@Simslover163 It's a bit sad because Sera wants the kind of relationship the others seem to have - even though most of them aren't actual couples and are just friends, each of the other Bloomers have somebody outside of the family that has their back (not to mention each other). Sera sadly has neither. Though of course that is largely her own fault.
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob I'm computer free but I have my phone! :tongue: And I laughed when you called me the queen :lol:

I'm really looking forward to eventually hearing Sera's POV again! I really enjoyed that! :blush: And yes, one romantic couple and two platonic ones :lol: But all very cute regardless ;)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016

@Maladi777 Aww thanks. That's a huge compliment coming from you - your screenshots are always immaculate! Speaking of Yenn's intervention, that screenshot where Yenn sees Sera's new look for the first time and goes like "what the plum" wasn't staged at all, she really did that all on her own. I love Yenn :D

Thank you! I had no idea you think so highly of my screenshots. I guess there's been some development of my photoshop skills since I started writing the Heffner legacy almost a year ago. And because the Bloomers inspired me in the first place, you indirectly contributed to the way the screenshots look like now too. ;):smiley:

Yes, Yenn's face was priceless. I was wondering how did you make her do it. :lol:

Thanks for complimenting my avatar. Beryl is like a good wine. Better with age (less happy though). This is her new look and it comes with a special little project within the story. Can't wait to share it with you! Couple more chapters before it happens!
    Uhm, sorry for talking about my legacy in your thread. Anyway, did I mention that I like Sera's new look, even though it's a part of her "going further to the dark side" statement? :smile:

heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Thank you! I had no idea you think so highly of my screenshots. I guess there's been some development of my photoshop skills since I started writing the Heffner legacy almost a year ago. And because the Bloomers inspired me in the first place, you indirectly contributed to the way the screenshots look like now too. ;):smiley:

Yes, Yenn's face was priceless. I was wondering how did you make her do it. :lol:

Thanks for complimenting my avatar. Beryl is like a good wine. Better with age (less happy though). This is her new look and it comes with a special little project within the story. Can't wait to share it with you! Couple more chapters before it happens!
    Uhm, sorry for talking about my legacy in your thread. Anyway, did I mention that I like Sera's new look, even though it's a part of her "going further to the dark side" statement? :smile:

Haha well if you put it that way I'd be happy to take some credit for your beautiful screenshots lol! :p A special little project eh? Sounds intriguing!

Lol yeah that facial expression Yenn did was all her. She's such a great lady :)

And I do like Sera's new look too. The darker hair suits her.
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I loved the wordless chapter, you are right, in this case words were not needed at all.
  • Options
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I loved the wordless chapter, you are right, in this case words were not needed at all.

Thank you @anaitapeva , glas it worked as intended :)
  • Options
    A special occassion is coming up for the teens of Newcrest:

9.22 Snow Ball

1013-e1470140127760.jpg

• Options
    Oh, great update once again! These teenagers are so fun to watch. Hallie just stepped in the plum with her speech. :lol: Poor Larob. I wonder if she really thinks of him as only a friend or if she hasn't realized she's in love with him. Maybe Larob should invite someone else to the ball and see how Hallie feels about it? :)
    I love Yenn's current role. Channeling her anger into exercising and meditation is so good for Sera. She definitely needs to contain her anger.
    And my most favourite couple Ralph and Carly... Was he going slowly on her or was he actually afraid she might have said no if he asked her to be his plus one for the ball? Ralph's popping up out of nowhere is hilarious. Now I can't wait to see Carly's transformation for the ball. Make his eyes pop out of his head, girl!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Loved this update! Poor Larob though! And Ralottie is growing on me for sure! And Louis and Vito are sweet as always :)

Poor Sera. I'm glad she's not terrorizing her siblings anymore, but I definitely am worried too. Carly isn't alone!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hahha I think the girl Ralph wants to make a move on at the Ball is carly ^^ sweet