Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

Comments

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Unpopular opinion time -- I really like Ralph and Sera together :lol: I really can't picture him with Carly in a romantic way. I think his personality compliments Sera's well... I mean, he's definitely got that "bad boy" streak to him (like Sera's "bad girl" thing she's got going on) but to me, it almost seems like he's calming her down a bit... breaking through that tough exterior. I dunno, maybe I'm reading into it too much, but I actually got a GOOD vibe from this chapter haha. :) (I do feel bad for Carly, don't misunderstand. But I do like this relationship, so I'm rooting forthings to work out with Sera and Ralph!)

Like I said, they deserve each other. Only you said it in a friendlier way :lol:

Hahaha @Sterretjeee Most unpopular opinion of all: I actually like Sera. I went into a big impassioned speech in a comment on one of ThePlumbob's chapters and I am too lazy to go into it all again :tongue:

So I am serious when I say they are good for each other. :) I want Sera to be happy and for someone to soften her. She seems like she's really insecure and has a lot of pain and jealousy inside of her. I feel for her, even though she's not the nicest person/sim :blush:

@CitizenErased14 Every character needs their fans! Now Imma hunt down the blog for that speech :lol:
    Yes! And I'm known sucker for and advocate of the not so good male ones. :joy:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    @Maladi777 well in my class not only boys copied the homework. Also girls (includes me with nearly every math homework. Just if you are interested I graduated in maths with a B without learning anything for it :D )
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Unpopular opinion time -- I really like Ralph and Sera together :lol: I really can't picture him with Carly in a romantic way. I think his personality compliments Sera's well... I mean, he's definitely got that "bad boy" streak to him (like Sera's "bad girl" thing she's got going on) but to me, it almost seems like he's calming her down a bit... breaking through that tough exterior. I dunno, maybe I'm reading into it too much, but I actually got a GOOD vibe from this chapter haha. :) (I do feel bad for Carly, don't misunderstand. But I do like this relationship, so I'm rooting forthings to work out with Sera and Ralph!)

Like I said, they deserve each other. Only you said it in a friendlier way :lol:

Hahaha @Sterretjeee Most unpopular opinion of all: I actually like Sera. I went into a big impassioned speech in a comment on one of ThePlumbob's chapters and I am too lazy to go into it all again :tongue:

So I am serious when I say they are good for each other. :) I want Sera to be happy and for someone to soften her. She seems like she's really insecure and has a lot of pain and jealousy inside of her. I feel for her, even though she's not the nicest person/sim :blush:

Yay for unpopular opinions! :D And for someone actually liking Sera lol! I could very easily picture Ralph with either Carly or Sera, but they would definitely be two very different relationships.

As for Carly being upset in the chapter, yes, she was, but it was because of her own plan. Carly is often her own worst enemy. Much like Sera. Those two have more in common than people think :)
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I'm loving how diverse the reactions are! :)
    Sera and Ralph deserve each other. Poor Carly, she should realize neither of them are worth it

@Sterretjeee I understand why people hate Sera (even though personally I love her :P ), but what did Ralph do? :D I'm curious! :)

Ralph uses Carly! To get a girlfriend, to make his homework. He might be even worse than Sera! :lol:

I think that's debatable. He was open from the start about his intention to date Sera. As for his homework, well, he can't force her to do it. She does that willingly. ;) He's mischievous, but he's not mean like Sera nor evil.

I'm inclined to agree with @Maladi777 - asking Carly to set him up with Sera was practically the first thing he said to her, so it's not like he was particularly beating around the bush with that intention. As for the homework, we never actually see whether he asked Carly to do it for him, I think it's one of those things she does for him because she likes him and she's too nice (which is the exact same reason why she's trying to set up her sister with someone she has a crush on herself.

But whatever the case, truth is we know very little about what Ralph is thinking right now. We will learn a bit more about him in the near(ish) future either way.

I know, I know! He just gives me those bad vibes. I don't like his ways. 'No' is always an option, for both sides. Carly could not do it, and Ralph could choose not to let her do it. But he does. And that makes him toxic in my opinion. But I love his character and he's a great addition to the story. So don't worry, I'll love it nevertheless :)

Haha you don't have to like him :) He's not a saint. If Carly wants to hand him his homework on a silver plate, he'll definitely take it :D And you're right that what him and Carly have is not necessarily exactly friendship right now, it doesn't feel entirely balanced. But I'm not sure who's to blame for that, Ralph, Carly, or both of them?
  • Options
    Marialein wrote: »
    @Maladi777 well in my class not only boys copied the homework. Also girls (includes me with nearly every math homework. Just if you are interested I graduated in maths with a B without learning anything for it :D )

@Marialein Lol! See, I was Carly. Everyone copied my homework :D
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member

Same! Maybe that's why I am 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about Ralph :lol:
  • Options

Same! Maybe that's why I am plum about Ralph :lol:

Haha! Well Ralph definitely isn't inclined to take a difficult route if there is an easy one right in front of him. Doesn't necessarily mean that he's evil :)
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @ThePlumbob to answer your question, definitely no because one, it's a bit creepy, and two, it's not worth kissing someone who has been kissed by two other people.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob to answer your question, definitely no because one, it's a bit creepy, and two, it's not worth kissing someone who has been kissed by two other people.

@Simslover163 Very good point!
  • Options
    It's Spooky Day in Newcrest!

9.19 Couple's Costumes

VDS02ma.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, I'm sorry to see that things between Sera and Ralph went down the drain. I was suspecting that to happen after all.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Hah! Hallie cracked me up at the end! I hope Sera takes the advice. She needs to find a new coping mechanism for all her insecurities instead of lashing out. :(

You have sunk my ship! But maybe there will be hope... Hahaha
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    After Deutsch Unterricht your new chapter was a real relax for me, thank you @ThePlumbob :)<3
    Honestly? Well, I like to talk honestly, so... I like it, you know? :) I am in love with Ralph even more than before (in positive meaning, of course :p).
    And I felt he'll do that I guess. Sera deserved it, she deserved it sooo much and she can't blame Ralph. Sure, I can be wrong, but I think Ralph likes Carly in fact... This nice nickname Lottie was a first sign that he likes her and now he's "a pirate who will protect his Tinker Bell" :) It was so cute <3 Of course, I didn't want to see Sera crying, but as I told Ralph will be a good teacher for her... I'm just not assured she learnt something :/ Maybe she'll listen to Hailie's advice and will try to change at least?
    Looking for the new chapter as always :)
  • Options
    Wow, I'm sorry to see that things between Sera and Ralph went down the drain. I was suspecting that to happen after all.

@Simslover163 I suppose Sera wasn't the only one doing some evaluation during that date.
    Hah! Hallie cracked me up at the end! I hope Sera takes the advice. She needs to find a new coping mechanism for all her insecurities instead of lashing out. :(

@CitizenErased14 Hallie is not exactly patient, so she just says it how she sees it lol! As for your ship, maybe this isn't the end... but maybe it is... who knows? ;) Well, I know, because I'm pretty far ahead, but nothing was decided at this point in gameplay. :)
    After Deutsch Unterricht your new chapter was a real relax for me, thank you @ThePlumbob :)<3
    Honestly? Well, I like to talk honestly, so... I like it, you know? :) I am in love with Ralph even more than before (in positive meaning, of course :p).
    And I felt he'll do that I guess. Sera deserved it, she deserved it sooo much and she can't blame Ralph. Sure, I can be wrong, but I think Ralph likes Carly in fact... This nice nickname Lottie was a first sign that he likes her and now he's "a pirate who will protect his Tinker Bell" :) It was so cute <3 Of course, I didn't want to see Sera crying, but as I told Ralph will be a good teacher for her... I'm just not assured she learnt something :/ Maybe she'll listen to Hailie's advice and will try to change at least?

@roseinblack69 I think it is safe to say Ralph likes Carly, as a friend at least. I don't know if he necessarily sees her in a romantic way, but he gets protective of her, because he considers her too nice for her own good (which she probably is). He did tell her he was going to look out for her when they first met, and he's kept his end of the deal. Did I mention I like Ralph? :D
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member

@Simslover163 I suppose Sera wasn't the only one doing some evaluation during that date.

@CitizenErased14 Hallie is not exactly patient, so she just says it how she sees it lol! As for your ship, maybe this isn't the end... but maybe it is... who knows? ;) Well, I know, because I'm pretty far ahead, but nothing was decided at this point in gameplay. :)

@roseinblack69 I think it is safe to say Ralph likes Carly, as a friend at least. I don't know if he necessarily sees her in a romantic way, but he gets protective of her, because he considers her too nice for her own good (which she probably is). He did tell her he was going to look out for her when they first met, and he's kept his end of the deal. Did I mention I like Ralph? :D

Yes, I thought about the true friendship between Carly and Ralph @ThePlumbob :) I think it's the best start for something more, but if even they'll stay just good friends I'll still be happy :)

If you didn't mention you like Ralph before you did it now :D
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Zombie faces won it this time. They were hilarious.
    As for Sera, well, is there anything more pitiable than a crying witch? I'm glad Ralph taught her a lesson. She treated everyone like a trash. Hopefuly she learned something today.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    When Hallie speaks the truth :lol:
    Captain Hook really fits Ralph! And I love how he matched with Tinkerbell 'accidentally'
    Still don't know whether I ship him with either of the sisters right now...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Zombie faces won it this time. They were hilarious.
    As for Sera, well, is there anything more pitiable than a crying witch? I'm glad Ralph taught her a lesson. She treated everyone like a trash. Hopefuly she learned something today.

@Maladi777 Haha glad you liked the zombies :D It was the first time I threw a spooky party and I had lots of fun with it :) Let's see what Sera takes away from the evening.

When Hallie speaks the truth :lol:
    Captain Hook really fits Ralph! And I love how he matched with Tinkerbell 'accidentally'
    Still don't know whether I ship him with either of the sisters right now...

@Sterretjeee Believe it or not, the Hook and Tinker Bell bit was actually unintentional - I wanted Ralph to have a pirate costume since he looks like a pirate to me in general, but Carly ended up with the fairy costume fairly randomly. I only realised they kind of looked like captain Hook and Tinker Bell when I was going through the screenshots :D
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    edited July 2016
    OMG LOL. I literally almost spit out my water when I read that last line! Hallie has the most perfect responses. :D

Edit:
    Ralph looked so handsome as a pirate ♥ I also love how the Tinker Bell and Captain Hook thing was all unplanned!
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    In this last chapter, Ralph made me like him. I had a friend like him in high school, or to make it clear, in our group of friends the boys were always protective of the girls. It was like being in a family. So, this is the type of feeling I get from him towards Carly (at least for now - things could change). And he is definitely right in wanting Sera to like him for who he is, not as a way to torment her sister.
    Unfortunately for Sera, she really wanted to date him. She seriously needs to be more accessible in terms of relationships. Or...being less of a *plum* like Hallie said... lol!
  • Options
    OMG LOL. I literally almost spit out my water when I read that last line! Hallie has the most perfect responses. :D

Edit:
    Ralph looked so handsome as a pirate ♥ I also love how the Tinker Bell and Captain Hook thing was all unplanned!

@iheartdinosx3 Hallie does not beat around the bush lol. She has no patience for it :D And yes, I think that pirate outfit was made for Ralph. Or he was made for the pirate outfit... Either way, he had to wear it!
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    In this last chapter, Ralph made me like him. I had a friend like him in high school, or to make it clear, in our group of friends the boys were always protective of the girls. It was like being in a family. So, this is the type of feeling I get from him towards Carly (at least for now - things could change). And he is definitely right in wanting Sera to like him for who he is, not as a way to torment her sister.
    Unfortunately for Sera, she really wanted to date him. She seriously needs to be more accessible in terms of relationships. Or...being less of a *plum* like Hallie said... lol!

@anaitapeva Aww, that's so sweet! Glad that's how you see their friendship, that's exactly what I had in mind :)

And yes, Sera needs to work through some issues. But it's hard for her, since she feels like every time she opens herself to a guy, he proceeds to ditch her (though the reasonings may have varied!)
  • Options
    Today's chapter is narrated by Sera herself. Proceed with caution :)

9.20 What does it feel like?

qQO5K7D.jpg
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Oh wow :/ I actually feel sorry for sera. On the other hand she is turning this into a vicious cycle... When will it stop :(
  • Options
    Sera is seriously blaming her siblings? Wow, I understand she's hurt and all. But she's basically been rude to them since they were kids. Is she really that surprised they're not there for her now? She should find that comfort with someone who she hasn't hurt... Or follow Hallie's advice, but I guess that's not her way
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Oh no, this broke my heart! Sera really needs someone she can talk to. Not even necessarily a boyfriend or anything... Just a friend in general who she can trust and who can be there for her! But I fear it might be too late for her to let anyone in... :(

I hate comparing to my own story again :lol: But she really reminds me of Mari in this chapter (maybe that's why I like her so much? :lol:) So self-destructive and so hateful toward herself. Sera, you need help :( Maybe not full-blown counseling like Mari did, but you need... Something.

This chapter was so well-written. Nice job!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Whoa, Sera. You. You are wearing dark colors, dying your hair, and blaming your siblings. Going Goth is one thing, but blaming your siblings? Seriously? I watched a video in which a naughty girl went Goth and her mother didn't approve of it. She was like this for several months until one day, she decided to mature and get rid of the Gothic style because she had painful memories. I understand the poor girl is hurt and all, but she has the tendency to be mean and rude due to her mean nature. Please, Sera. Don't go any further with this cycle, or else your parents will see this and trust me, they'll be concerned and at the same time, disappointed. :( She would find someone that's not as seriously as hurt as her. She might be going through a phase in which she has the tendency to be naughty.

Overall, this chapter is well written!! :)
    Post edited by Simslover163 on
    sEgXZ52.jpg