Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Thank you! XD. Just some random family moments, xD.
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Hi guys, I saw @elanorbreton and @sparkfairy1 both mentioned me in a now closed thread titled 'where did it go', I assume that's about the survey... not sure why it was closed. Drake is looking into it now. Until then, I've uploaded an imgur album of the results HERE. Sorry to derail a bit... but hey there's a family play question in there! Majority - BIG majority - wants toddlers added back! :p

Anyway I'm pretty confident the survey thread will be reopened, I can't think of how it broke any rules... it's weird to me that it was 'removed' not just closed, but anyway I am choosing to believe it was done in error and will be fixed. If not... well... that's pretty uncool. But I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,557 Member
    I was shocked they deleted it for no apparent reason. They also deleted my 'where did it go' thread, I have no idea why. Deleting rather then closing seems a bit extreme. After the week I have had on these forums, I could say a lot more but it doesn't belong in this one-and-only safe haven.

Here's hoping you are all out there having some family fun in whatever version you happen to be playing <3
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @esharpmajor When I checked your thread last night before I signed off there were a couple of people bickering back and forth, so perhaps that is why it closed. Kinda weird to delete it though for bickering. Delete the bickerers not the thread you would think. I hope you hear something soon. Too much good info to lose.
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    If every thread was removed because people were bickering, this forum would be empty :D Anyway, thanks for the update, I'll bump it back to main page of general if it is reopened.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Hi guys, I saw @elanorbreton and @sparkfairy1 both mentioned me in a now closed thread titled 'where did it go', I assume that's about the survey... not sure why it was closed. Drake is looking into it now. Until then, I've uploaded an imgur album of the results HERE. Sorry to derail a bit... but hey there's a family play question in there! Majority - BIG majority - wants toddlers added back! :p

Anyway I'm pretty confident the survey thread will be reopened, I can't think of how it broke any rules... it's weird to me that it was 'removed' not just closed, but anyway I am choosing to believe it was done in error and will be fixed. If not... well... that's pretty uncool. But I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Awwww i missed it! I wanted to vote too! I worked all last night so i was on briefly on my breaks... Le sigh
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    @esharpmajor thank you lovely <3 I know, a few of us were bothered by the disappearance. Hope it's all sorted out.

It was very interesting and you got a lot of responses. Great work :)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    SGDrake mentioned in a thread asking about it that a new thread can be posted with results. Glad everything seems to have worked out especially since you put money into it. Had interesting results and generated some nice discussion.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    I hope that @SimGuruDrake is able to help you out with it esharpmajor. I don't know why I've had a few ideas involving toddlers lately. Maybe false hope. So I've been trying to post them in the ideas for toddlers thread. I've just been busy babysitting my own toddler nephew and his brother lately since my parents are away for a few days.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    What happened to this thread? According to my bookmark, we were on page 1285, now we are at 858?

More pictures plz! I need a TS fix for my addiction!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake we appear to have lost hundreds of pages?!
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    edited July 2016

Sorry for the worry! None of your posts were lost, I was adjusting the amount of comments allowed on each page--I changed it from 20 to 30 which is why the thread appeared to shrink. I've adjusted it to 25 going forward :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited July 2016
    Oh cool that makes sense xD
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options

Sorry for the worry! None of your posts were lost, I was adjusting the amount of comments allowed on each page--I changed it from 20 to 30 which is why the thread appeared to shrink. I've adjusted it to 25 going forward :)

Thank you <3 freaked me out a little when @Mylita pointed it out!
  • Options

Sorry about that!! Honestly didn't mean to freak anyone out. Was just trying to clean up and streamline things on the backend >.<
  • Options

Sorry about that!! Honestly didn't mean to freak anyone out. Was just trying to clean up and streamline things on the backend >.<
    Look at SimGuruDrake with her super powers go. Yeah that must be quite the project with making the changes to forums. Will it effect just this thread, or all of forums going forward with number of posts allowed?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Look at SimGuruDrake with her super powers go. Yeah that must be quite the project with making the changes to forums. Will it effect just this thread, or all of forums going forward with number of posts allowed?

It changes page counts for all threads in the forums now and going forward. I've also extended the amount of discussion threads viewable on each page since sometimes we have a lot of announcements at the top of a section.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

It changes page counts for all threads in the forums now and going forward. I've also extended the amount of discussion threads viewable on each page since sometimes we have a lot of announcements at the top of a section.
    Cool thank you for letting us know @SimGuruDrake. Currently working on getting my toddler nephew to sleep again. I took him out on a nice walk in his stroller today while his brother wode his bike. I hope that you are having a nice day too. Success he is asleep now.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Just a quick catch up...

@NShippudenFan love your pics

@junceda That house is absolutely stunning. And fits lovely in the world. I'm my dream world it would exist and I would have the money to live in it. A girl can dream. :tongue:

@esharpmajor glad your thread was put back up those were results were really interesting, and me and my bf had a very interesting conversation over it.

Oh and changes. I don't think I would have noticed, it's nice that @Mylita pointed it out.

I'm hopin to get my weekly sim fix tomorrow as it's my day off so I'm hoping at some point that I can give you an update on the Birch family. And they re becoming all so grown up :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Nice to see some improvements are being made. I much prefer having more on each page as when my internet is being slow or cuts out it is annoying having to keep clicking to new pages
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

You went Purple!! My Favorite Color is Purple, LOL, I also Luv Black, Blue, & Pink, but Fave is still all shades of Purple, :)
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    I hope you´re all doing well.

Came here to show you, especially @mortia , Feli(city)s daughter Lucky Dane who just grew up to be a kid.
    47.jpg
    I think she came out pretty cute - just like her Mom.
    48.jpg
    Bedtime story time with Feli.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,557 Member
    @83bienchen awww, she's beautiful. That hairstyle is a favourite of mine for kids.

In my game, Jennifer Burb is about to have another addition to the family. Here she is on her last shift before maternity leave, it was a very difficult day spent electrocuting innocent children and going back and forth to the bathroom :D

07-27-16_6-43-54%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

07-27-16_6-39-16%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top