Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @elanorbreton I feel your pain, :dizzy:
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Thats just awful @elanorbreton, I'm so sorry for you, that should not have happend.

Sure @linesa. The important ones are KB3075249 and KB3080149. The updates are from last year. I will PM you some links since it might derail this thread if I post them here.

Nice pictures everyone :)
  • Options
    linesalinesa Posts: 426 Member
    You're welcome @elanorbreton ^^
    I'm glad you like this pic ^^

Good luck for reinstalling everything you need ^^

Thank you for the tip @simIrrevirre ^^
  • Options
    You are welcome @linesa.

I'm in a game-shopping-mode today - but sadly EA, I'm one of those simmers in the category "not open to new experiences"

So it has to be other games. Bought Banished, really cheap on GOG. Been having my eyes on GTA v for a very long time now, but my brother said I probably wouldn't like the combats :o Hmm, the world looks amazing though. I need some distraction while waiting for Planet Coaster. Ghost of a Tale, looks cute, but is not finished. And of course, I'm also waiting for an outstanding TS5 for PC. It's sad, this whole TS4 thing, so many longtime simmers that feel excluded, sigh
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @elanorbreton I'm sorry windows 10 messed up your system. I know my kind of luck with that sort of stuff and I'm fairly sure my printer wouldn't work with it after visiting the company's website for an unrelated issue I was having the other day and seeing people stuck with a working printer that won't work on windows 10 so I decided not to bother :/

@simIrrevirre enjoy :) I really got into roller coaster tycoon again after buying a bundle there :)

I had a nice time at the wedding, was a really lovely celebration :) I love real life family so I guess that's why I love family play so much <3
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Scobre & @linesa nice pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,608 Member
    Thanks again, everyone. I've been asleep for the afternoon! Gonna try a bit of time downstairs now, I'm longing for my game.

@simIrrevirre I love Banished! Played it to death when I first got it. I also enjoyed GTAv, but did get fed up with it after a while - the world is so lovely but I kept having the urge to redecorate and arrange the inside of the houses :D I can't wait for Planet Coaster to come out. I've been thinking about re-playing Oblivion too, one of my all-time faves.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thanks again, everyone. I've been asleep for the afternoon! Gonna try a bit of time downstairs now, I'm longing for my game.

@simIrrevirre I love Banished! Played it to death when I first got it. I also enjoyed GTAv, but did get fed up with it after a while - the world is so lovely but I kept having the urge to redecorate and arrange the inside of the houses :D I can't wait for Planet Coaster to come out. I've been thinking about re-playing Oblivion too, one of my all-time faves.

Aww just seen you are feeling poorly :( get well soon honey <3
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    You are welcome @linesa.

I'm in a game-shopping-mode today - but sadly EA, I'm one of those simmers in the category "not open to new experiences"

So it has to be other games. Bought Banished, really cheap on GOG. Been having my eyes on GTA v for a very long time now, but my brother said I probably wouldn't like the combats :o Hmm, the world looks amazing though. I need some distraction while waiting for Planet Coaster. Ghost of a Tale, looks cute, but is not finished. And of course, I'm also waiting for an outstanding TS5 for PC. It's sad, this whole TS4 thing, so many longtime simmers that feel excluded, sigh

Have you seen Stardew Valley, @simIrrevirre ? That game's eaten up so much of my time.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    You are welcome @linesa.

Have you seen Stardew Valley, @simIrrevirre ? That game's eaten up so much of my time.

Oh yes, I love that game. I'm on my third round o:) Can't wait for the update :)
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    What is Stardew Valley? Is that a PC game?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @nickibitsward
    https://youtu.be/ot7uXNQskhs

Edit: you can buy it on Steam for pc or mac, but I think there are console versions too now. I might buy it, it looks fun. £10.99 on steam at the moment.

@sparkfairy1 thanks, hun xx
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    What is Stardew Valley? Is that a PC game?

It's popular right now, just not what I look for in a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot7uXNQskhs
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    Stardew Valley reminds me of a cross between Animal Crossing, Earthbound, Minecraft, and Alice Greenfingers. Actually one of the games on my wishlist along with No Man's Sky and Overwatch.

Yeah my brother explained that Windows 10 is horrible because it messes up your software and steals your personal information. Basically if you think Origin's telemetry is bad, Windows 10 is much worst. Why I intend on keeping Windows 7. I don't care for all Windows versions.

I've been playing a lot this weekend, so I have even more pictures of Jorge and Emily. They did do their first woohoo, but since this is a family thread, I didn't take pictures of it. I forgot they can't get engaged or married in the university world.

Well this is just a picture of Jorge giving his business plan presentation and I just took a picture because I just thought the charts was very amusing looking, so that was just for the business geek in me.
    Screenshot-67_zpsxpz6pdfq.jpg

Their second date, they got to enjoy the theme park store items I got from redeemed Sim points. So here are pictures of them riding the roller coaster and merry go-round. It is pretty funny the merry go-round the zombies came out, so they rode it with a zombie.

Screenshot-68_zpsf9tlorrk.jpg
    Screenshot-69_zpstlkoaliy.jpg
    Screenshot-70_zpsyfhy9fhd.jpg
    Screenshot-71_zpsq1dsbkrk.jpg

These sweet romantic interactions that I wish was in the Sims 4.
    Screenshot-72_zps6w5g9u8q.jpg
    Screenshot-73_zpsy1tskoyi.jpg
    Screenshot-75_zpsu3bmvtes.jpg

I've actually been quite impressed how lively the body and facial animations are in the Sims 3 again. It just flows really nicely showing their range of emotions with the animations. Actually comes off as very realistic to me watching their reactions to things around them. I can really tell my two Sims care about each other a lot with how much they love to cuddle and spend time together. Jorge is a business major and Emily is an arts major.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the info on Stardew Valley. It looks like an apps game, though. I'm spoiled, I like my PC and I like my Sims games and that's about it, except for the ipad game I play - Crossy Road.
  • Options
    Despite the pixelated look, it's a charming game and I love the story behind it too

"Usually, when we play the latest installment of our favourite franchise and discover that it sucks, there's not a lot we can do about it (besides complaining on the internet). Eric Barone, dismayed that his beloved Harvest Moonseries had become progressively worse over the years, decided that complaining wasn't good enough, and set out to make his own take on the franchise that didn't suck. He spent four years developing Stardew Valley entirely solo, building everything from the art, to the programming, to the sound. Taking inspiration from games like Terraria and Minecraft, Barone has developed not just a good Harvest Moon game, but a unique blend of genres that is fantastic in its own right."

But, back on topic - are we getting any toddlers soon?
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member

Hello everyone, it's been a while since my last post here, I've been reading and enjoying your stories and lovely screenshots though!
    I want to thank you again @sparkfairy1 for this fantastic thread that represents a lot of what I feel, you always encourage me with your comments, and another thank you for all of the ones who have contributed to it. <3

I wanted to share with you that I still feel sad sometimes because I thought at this point a lot of the problems with TS4 would have been already addressed. Sometimes I try to enjoy the game as it is but I miss so much features that made me love previous iterations. Currently I play TS2, TS4 and recently I reinstalled TS3 through Steam and I'm having so much fun! I'm trying to have a balance, when I want to have some TS2 fun I play it and so on with TS3 and TS4 (I don't know if that makes sense lol). What I'm trying to say is that I try to play each iteration for what they offer, even though I still miss a lot of things that could make TS4 even better for me.

I've been reading some of you have been playing Stardew Valley, I love it and it's one of the games I've been playing lately, it is so much fun <3 Everything about the game is so well done, the characters, the different stories you can have, the gameplay, the soundtrack, it's impressive how it makes you think about life. I recommend it to everyone, it's so much fun and charming, also If you like seasons this game is for you! it's really worth it and it's really impressive how it was made by only one person, and you can see how much love and pasion was put into that game.

@nickibitsward trust me it's a complete game and you won't regret it, I felt in love with it's charm, it's an impressive game :)

Here are some of my screenshots!

2016-03-11_00001_zpsmuxqyyql.jpg
    20160707201812_1_zpsxtvnx0xh.jpg
    20160330112505_1_zpshaudhlvh.jpg

I wanted to share this with you guys!I hope everyone is having a lovely sunday <3

PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    I was randomly looking at threads people commented on like a stalker and then I saw you talking about Stardew Valley.

THAT GAME IS MY LIFE AND I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!! My main farm is on year 3 (I've pretty much done everything there is to do so I'm waiting on the next update). The game is so fun. There is sooooo much to do. You can interact with everyone in town, go mining, farm (duh lol), get married, have kids (these things happen later 'caaaause of certain requirements), decorate the farm, make tons of moneyzzz, complete the community center (I recommend you work on it early on because I was such a slacker during year 1, all I did was talk to people in town and try to trigger cut-scenes whenever our relationship went up. Only finished it in year 2 for that reason) and much more! Got over 100 hours in the game. Once the next update comes out I'll start playing it like crazy again! For now, I'm taking a break off of it since I've done literally everything.

I was obsessed with this game for like 3 months until I ran out of things to do, you honestly won't regret getting it. ConcernedApe revealed some pretty exciting stuff coming to the next update so I'm preparing myself to play this game 24/7 again!

Random person that decided to join in on a random conversation, signing out!
  • Options
    Marycool33 wrote: »
    Random person that decided to join in on a random conversation, signing out!
    Lol.

Well, some of you seem pretty impressed with Stardew Valley - thanks for the pics @Cesal95

I guess I know what @nickibitsward means about it looking like an app game, but I think I could probably enjoy it. I am seriously thinking of buying it now. I take it that it is not a sandbox game then, if you run out of things and have to wait for updates? It has a lot of positive views on Steam...

... I was wondering what TS4 viewpoints would be like on Steam if they sold it there :D
  • Options
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, it's been a while since my last post here, I've been reading and enjoying your stories and lovely screenshots though!
    I want to thank you again @sparkfairy1 for this fantastic thread that represents a lot of what I feel, you always encourage me with your comments, and another thank you for all of the ones who have contributed to it. <3

I wanted to share with you that I still feel sad sometimes because I thought at this point a lot of the problems with TS4 would have been already addressed. Sometimes I try to enjoy the game as it is but I miss so much features that made me love previous iterations. Currently I play TS2, TS4 and recently I reinstalled TS3 through Steam and I'm having so much fun! I'm trying to have a balance, when I want to have some TS2 fun I play it and so on with TS3 and TS4 (I don't know if that makes sense lol). What I'm trying to say is that I try to play each iteration for what they offer, even though I still miss a lot of things that could make TS4 even better for me.

I've been reading some of you have been playing Stardew Valley, I love it and it's one of the games I've been playing lately, it is so much fun <3 Everything about the game is so well done, the characters, the different stories you can have, the gameplay, the soundtrack, it's impressive how it makes you think about life. I recommend it to everyone, it's so much fun and charming, also If you like seasons this game is for you! it's really worth it and it's really impressive how it was made by only one person, and you can see how much love and pasion was put into that game.

@nickibitsward trust me it's a complete game and you won't regret it, I felt in love with it's charm, it's an impressive game :)

I wanted to share this with you guys!I hope everyone is having a lovely sunday <3

Aw, now I may have to give it a go!

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Cesal95 so is that the new competitor for The Sims?

At least they included pets ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    @Cesal95 so is that the new competitor for The Sims?

At least they included pets ;)

No I think it's TS5.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    If we get seasons, I'd like swimmable sea, with mermaids, winter mermaid only seen in winter, and mermaid types for different seasons. Option to ice skate on frozen sea and lakes, freezing pools and when sim ice skating, rare chance of ice the ice breaking and the, falling into the water, hot chocolate and lots of season related family play. Sims 3 was beautiful with family play, I'd like that in sims 4, since it changed a lot, more about partying etc. Not family moments, etc.
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited August 2016
    Cesal95 wrote: »

Its reminds me of harvest moon! Omg that makes me want to play my harvest moon Tree of Tranquility and Harvest moon Animal Parade! How do I get this game? I want to play this Stardew Valley!

Edited: Looked it up and found out the creator was inspired by harvest moon! How awesome is that! I think I'm gonna download this from steam!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top