Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Olivesplum06
    I don't have any mods in my game.
    When I play colleges I set all seasons to autumn to learn skills quicker and take the students to community lots to the term flies in quicker! :)
  • Options
    Now that Angela and Lilith are at college, I sent Daniel and Mary Sue on an Island Vacation as recommended by Coral and Herb. :)
    Pleasant%20IV.1.jpg
    Pleasant%20IV.2.jpg
    Pleasant%20IV.3.jpg
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Woot got some play time in :smiley:

Lockley got in some of the gardening she has been ignoring, since most of the kids are in school now.

1zb72w1.jpg

The twins Dustin and Trinity both started doing well in school. ( I only got Dustin waiving his report card because I had to switch over to change the babies diaper :/ )

fxtso5.jpg

Tabitha went off to college, she was going to age in another day. Mom went to see her off. She earned several scholarships, got her a place of her own.

15x32it.jpg

2hx14wn.jpg

First thing was to buy clothing...that dress :o She is a knowledge sim, not errr a romance sim >.> Didn't fit!

15g5seh.jpg

She started making friends while out. :) She met a guy named Derek Johnson.

2vi057d.jpg

That night Derek called and asked if she wanted to hang out. So they went to the bowling alley, played a game of pool.

vcuzjm.jpg

After spending some time writing her term paper and building up her grade, she decided she wanted to enter a cooking contest, and won :)

op6bmb.jpg

Later that week, she went out dancing, in her pj's....why? I don't know :| Maybe it is the dress me correctly mod, it was night time after all :D

2dilm6t.jpg

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @JULES1111 oh good you got some time in, Tabby is adorable :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    Well, today I was working on my town. Now that I've finished my 10 story (achieved w/ cheats) luxury apartment, (the most expensive apartment is 20k for rent) I started working on a large farm styled like house. (200k each) I finished, copied it, and placed another copy beside it.

I then worked on my two families. I decided to make them rivals. Both of the family have twins, a son and a daughter, and then theres a teenage boy and a teenage girl from each family.

It's basically a Romeo and Juliet thing. (the story from Veronaville not the play)

That's basically it.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited July 2016
    Today I had to move my family out with all their things in their inventories, and delete all the walls floors and everything else un-inventory-able, then bulldoze the lot from the neighbourhood, rebuild their house, copying from a screenshot I printed out, then move them back in.

The pond I gave the founder at the start, which the driveway was up against, wouldn't go away properly. I would flatten it, and the terrain would appear all grass again, but it wouldn't let me place any floor tiles or anything in a few spots of it, near where the driveway used to touch it, I moved the driveway away by the way, no joy with the old pond space. No foundations, no floor tiles, and building around it and then trying to cover it with roof made pieces of the roof appear half a story higher in those spots. There wasn't any butterflies or anything else like that in the way, just a faulty pond/driveway that wouldn't go away. Maybe the leftovers of some people who were fishing there days before were there. something like that.

Anyway, it was a drag.
    They get no pond again until I know for sure the space I put it won't be built on later.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    Something happened in my game the other day that left me a bit gobsmacked :P
    I had a dormitory with 6 sims in it, all of whom were paired up with each other. Of course, who should come to visit but Evil Cow. She flirted with Quentin in front of his girlfriend Ophelia, and he liked it. Ophelia was mad and heartbroken and broke off their relationship. They actually spent the rest of their time at uni constantly fighting with each other. A few days later, Quentin threw a party and invited his younger brother Malachi. Malachi is in a relationship with Ophelia's younger sister Emma (my town is quite small, it's very hard to find sims who aren't related to one another in some way). Guess who Ophelia jumped into the hot tub with? I didn't quite know what to say or do so I just kept playing, waiting to see what else would happen. About a week after that, another sim Theresa was out at class and guess who I found in the hot tub? Ophelia and Theresa's boyfriend Manny. After they slept together, Manny felt so guilty that he proposed engagement to Theresa. She accepted, because she didn't know about the affair, but interestingly they both got red memories of it. Since they're both family sims, I thought it was just a glitch, but later I had Theresa's sister Jacqueline and her boyfriend Weldon get engaged. They're both popularity sims, but they got green memories of the engagement. Neither one has ever had an affair, but they do have a daughter Dora (I allow my university sims to get pregnant because I think it's silly that they can't. It makes their lives very tough, but at the end of the day they are adults and people do have children and go to university). Anyway, by the time they left university, Quentin had a new love interest called Lakshmi and Ophelia felt like the world's loneliest third wheel :P I have to give her a happy ending though because she is genuinely the most attractive sim in the town right now and too many of my sims married townies with the horrible huge mouths and now they look like frogs :(
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,912 Member
    Well I made a family who lives in Desiderata Valley. This is Angel and Kindred Jones

MNhFYxY.png

Angel
    HFaf961.png

Kindred
    zATCniZ.png

Angel inspires to be the best in the Adventure career with the inspiration of gaining knowledge. She's currently building skills in the cooking and cleaning skills. She's lazy though, pretty much loafs around the house, but she's pretty socialable and friendly.
    Kindred inspires to be the best in the Dance career with the inspiration of becoming wealthy. He was in the dance career briefly but got fired because I chose the wrong thing on a chance card. He's gaining skills in body and mechanics. He's very friendly and has 2 friends already.

Both of them are currently waiting for their jobs to show up in the newspaper or computer, until then, they are mostly working on their skills.
    Kindred went out and bought Bailey, a male Akita, without asking Angel first, but Angel bonded with Bailey pretty quickly

Bailey
    gLGH1Fr.png

They can't afford a dog but they got one anyways. Bailey is currently in the security career and also tore up Kindred and Angel's bed right when he got home.

No current plans for children yet for Kindred and Angel. I'm trying to get them settled into their careers and have more money before they start a family.
  • Options
    Today I had to move my family out with all their things in their inventories, and delete all the walls floors and everything else un-inventory-able, then bulldoze the lot from the neighbourhood, rebuild their house, copying from a screenshot I printed out, then move them back in.

The pond I gave the founder at the start, which the driveway was up against, wouldn't go away properly. I would flatten it, and the terrain would appear all grass again, but it wouldn't let me place any floor tiles or anything in a few spots of it, near where the driveway used to touch it, I moved the driveway away by the way, no joy with the old pond space. No foundations, no floor tiles, and building around it and then trying to cover it with roof made pieces of the roof appear half a story higher in those spots. There wasn't any butterflies or anything else like that in the way, just a faulty pond/driveway that wouldn't go away. Maybe the leftovers of some people who were fishing there days before were there. something like that.

Anyway, it was a drag.
    They get no pond again until I know for sure the space I put it won't be built on later.

You can try the stuck object remover. It can remove anything that might be clogging up that space you can't build on.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1609.0
  • Options
    too late I already moved them out, bulldozed and moved them back in, as I said.
  • Options
    A Kindred update.
    He got his job back so that's a good thing. Angel is still waiting for the Adventure career track to show up. Sure is taking it's sweet time.

Kindred bonds with Bailey
    G4LqGne.png

Awkwardly jump ropes........
    frZRnOy.png

and then awkwardly plays basketball.
    TjoUSo0.png
  • Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    Some things we learnt last night:
    Max learnt that playing a game involving two teenage boys punching each other rarely ends well
    ZmqbE8v.jpg
    Sims with the third skin tone look vampiric when they freeze
    kAzN0wR.jpg
    Alice realised that she looks exactly like her mother
    YBvqaFb.jpg
    Kristina learnt that her brothers love her (and also I swear down alien babies are just cuter than human ones)
    6b5u4lu.jpg
    but that wouldn't stop them from tormenting her
    jFksfQw.jpg
    And I myself discovered something new! Has anyone had this happen before?
    Mw4mgvO.jpg
    The girl George went on a date with, Annie, has 10 neat points. George himself also has 10 neat points. They pretty much have identical personalities, which is probably why they like each other so much. Either that or the fact that Annie's grandmother is George's father's cousin. I'm not sure exactly how that makes them related, but I'm seriously running out of sims that aren't related here lol
  • Options
    @bishty I think it's something cousin something removed, there is a site on google somewhere that I've looked up before to explain the removed thing.

@friendlyone20 my sims didn't have their dream job in the paper or on the computer right away either, and I have 3 separate founders in my game, 3 legacies. They had to take a job though because they didn't have any money, so they just took the highest paying job advertised and checked back for their dream one to change to later. I've also thought of that if it were a second or subsequent generation's dream job that was being waited on, they might do like a business in the meantime or take up farming or something like that. The other thing my founder sims were going to do if I didn't like the jobs being offered, is go downtown heaps of times, stay there and drink coffee if need be, til they befriend some townies enough to propose to them to move in, for their money, not love, which in a strict legacy you are allowed to do, as many of them as you like, it's not cheating. Soon after one of my sims got his for now job, he made friends with a bunch of elder townies and moved them in. I got him to move in elders because they don't live for much longer, so by the time he would be ready to marry there would be plenty of room. They can only get part time jobs, which is good because they can stay at home the rest of the time, clean and cook for him, and make the necessary friends he needs for promotions, and one of the old ladies got put to the sewing machine to make his clothes for him. I wasn't totally heartless though, the one's with a life time wish to get a top career, I let them use the renu orb thing to change their aspiration til they got an achievable one, like max out 7 skills, or 20 best friends. Anyway, there's no need to hang out for that dream job for so long and frustratingly, they can do other stuff in the meantime for money and other jobs -- strict legacy rules say that you can.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about just letting Angel start an at home business. I'm going to raise her creativity skill then have her sell paintings.
  • Options
    @bishty
    I remember one of my Sims earning a cleaning point from having a good date but I didn't know it was because two neat Sims were on a date. :)

Here is Day 7 of my Pleasantview:
    Day%20007.1.jpg
    Day%20007.2.jpg
    Day%20007.3.jpg
    Day%20007.4.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @friendlyone20 -Great update!I use a job notice board found on MTS for finding jobs at community lots.
    @bishty -Great update!I've not had any sime fight yet though my townis newly settled.
    @LadysimPlayer8 -Great update!It seems like you enjoy the premade towns.
    I've been testing new CC foods in Sims 2 from MTS.I had them eat one of them for dinner instead of an instant meal drink.
    27595072523_dd8302f853_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    Amelia Ricardo has been trying for a baby with her husband but they haven't been able to the past few times. They're preparing for the next chapter in their life even though it's taking some time!
  • Options
    @TadOlson
    I do enjoy playing all the premade towns - I am thinking of starting to play Strangetown for 7 days too. :)
    My other neighbourhoods include a few legacy families and as much as I enjoy them, after playing a generation I tend to play another neighbourhood for a while and come back to them. I have also 'The Sims' (Sims2 Style) and a PleasantviewB4 where the houses are a little different from those in the premade neighbourhood and the Sims occupying are the previous generation of the families. If a baby is born and is the wrong gender, I just exit without saving and try again! :)
  • Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    edited July 2016
    This is not a new experience for me playing with the sims 2 but it could be for others that don't know this happens. This happened to me a long time ago when the game came out. It still holds a special place in my heart. I was playing a family and someone was aging up. Everyone was in the kicthen and a fire started. Every sims was freaking out except for one. The sim dad "on his own" reached down and picked up the toddler. I remember thinking "oh my gosh what is he doing? I just watched him and after picking up the baby he started running outside put the toddler down by the mailbox and kissed it on the forehead. From that moment on he became my favorite and I was sad when he passed away!!! He was a good sim daddy... Fire sprinkler came with apartment life so don't use it just let the fire go and see if you can get the same result..
    Hope it works for others as it was so sweet to see... :)

graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I made a new family - the Carters.

28088881180_97d4e52edd_o.png

Everyone loves toddlers! (unless you're a TS4 Sim :wink:)

27754872044_6431133843_o.png

28337988956_f70cae61bb_o.png

I'm trying out CC skin and eyes for the first time. So far, loving it!

28337988446_90c70f68aa_o.png

28371550195_dbdab50965_o.png

Doing some grocery shopping.

28337986986_149b4622c7_o.png

That's all for now! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    lisamtown wrote: »
    This is not a new experience for me playing with the sims 2 but it could be for others that don't know this happens. This happened to me a long time ago when the game came out. It still holds a special place in my heart. I was playing a family and someone was aging up. Everyone was in the kicthen and a fire started. Every sims was freaking out except for one. The sim dad "on his own" reached down and picked up the toddler. I remember thinking "oh my gosh what is he doing? I just watched him and after picking up the baby he started running outside put the toddler down by the mailbox and kissed it on the forehead. From that moment on he became my favorite and I was sad when he passed away!!! He was a good sim daddy... Fire sprinkler came with apartment life so don't use it just let the fire go and see if you can get the same result..
    Hope it works for others as it was so sweet to see... :)

the sprinkler came with University, along with the prank to set it off with a lighter, which the cow mascot does all the time
  • Options
    the sprinkler came with University, along with the prank to set it off with a lighter, which the cow mascot does all the time
    If my student Sim has enough influence to have a Sim clean, it is the cow mascot who does the cleaning if they caused it in the first place! :D
    I can't be sure for certain but I feel there is less setting off the sprinklers while my Sims remain in the dorms.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Currently I'm playing Strangetown, I normally do 3 day rotations with each family and right now I'm on the Curious family. Pascal had twin girls named Stella and Star, they are teens now and will be off to college soon. Vidcund got pregnant and gave birth to a son who just turned into a teen. I made a decision to only allow the three brothers to marry if they found their 3 bolt soul mate. Vidcund found his, Lilly do, and recently got engaged. Deciding whether or not to let them have children. Lazlo, rolled romance as his secondary aspiration, so he spends most of his time working and going on dates. Although, he just got abducted and will be introducing another Curious baby into the house! Pics to come soon!!
  • Options
    Loving all the stories guys! Awesome.
  • Options
    willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    Pascal had twin girls named Stella and Star, they are teens now and will be off to college soon.

I named Pascal's daughter Stella, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top