Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Sorry I haven't commented in a couple of days ladies! I actually just gave birth to my second daughter on Wednesday so I've been pre-occupied! Nice pictures though!

Holy crap! Congrats! Nothing like a big surprise for us! Lol. You deserved a few days off!
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Olivesplum06
    Congratulations on your new baby daughter and I hope she brings you and your family much joy. :)

This is more of Day 4 of my Pleasantview - Promotions and Birthdays! :)
    Interestingly Daniel's clothes did not change from being an adult to an elder when he grew up?
    I was also surprised that Dina went to the party as she was not a friend of Lilith and I did get the message some guests may not show...
    Day%20004.3.jpg
  • Options
    aavemyrskyaavemyrsky Posts: 143 Member
    @Olivesplum06 Oh wow, congratulations! <3__<3

Love all the pictures! o:)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Sorry I haven't commented in a couple of days ladies! I actually just gave birth to my second daughter on Wednesday so I've been pre-occupied! Nice pictures though!

Congrats!!! That's awesome. Hope you find some time for rest.
  • Options
    MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    WOW! I haven't logged on in a while, and I come back to 200 notifications, all on this! Thanks guys! :)
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I just started playing today for the first time and I LOVE it!!! I am still learning to play since I have only played Sims 3 but it is really cool and hopefully the rest of my expansions and stuff packs arrive soon!!
  • Options
    Okay well, I created the thread and I've only participated once or twice.

I've read through all of your posts and LOVE them, I'm excited to jump in!

Now, I don't know how to post pictures, so I'll just need to describe it. I'm about to do some gameplay, and I'll get back soon!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I just started playing today for the first time and I LOVE it!!! I am still learning to play since I have only played Sims 3 but it is really cool and hopefully the rest of my expansions and stuff packs arrive soon!!

glad you're enjoying it, ts2 can really a player in if they let it :smiley:
    Meepleep wrote: »

Now, I don't know how to post pictures, so I'll just need to describe it. I'm about to do some gameplay, and I'll get back soon!

Well I'm terrible at explaining things but the way I do it I take the pictures with the in game camera, go find them in the storytelling folder in the neighborhood they are in, upload them to photobucket then put the img link in the little attach image/file box here. I'm sure someone has a simpler way of doing it but meh I'm used to it.

Yay a new page I can go check on the Jung family...yeah that's Peter's last name heh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options

Posting pictures is pretty easy. You just need a host site like Photobucket to do it. Once you've taken your pictures, make copies of them and put them in their own folder in another place on your computer (I don't know if this is actually required, but it makes it easier so you can re-name the photos from "slke00202llf03202" or whatever the game gives as the "name" of the picture). Then after you've created your Photobucket account, you can upload them there and title them if you want. Then you have a list of options beneath each uploaded picture. Just copy the "IMG" link provided and paste it here. Voila! Uploaded and posted pictures!

@fionaloveserrano

I'm glad you're having fun with the game. I've been playing 2 on and off for about ten years and I've recently installed University (which I bought when it came out, but never installed) and I keep learning all kinds of new things. For example, thanks to people here, I've learned that you can become friends with the nannies, mailmen/women, and maids, and move them in to your house. You can fall in love with a "townie" and have them marry your custom sim, etc. There's so much to do and see in the game.
  • Options

Glad you are enjoying the game! I hope your other packs come soon so you can experience those as well. :)

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear what happens in your game. I won't go into the pictures because other people already have. :)
  • Options
    Okay well before I write down about my gameplay, I'm going to give you guys some background:

So, my first generation ever was with the wealthy family, the DeBateau's, of Belladonna Cove. I had moved Tara off to college to start this legacy off. I had her major in something- I don't remember exactly, but while in college she met a boy named Edward. Edward and Tara got married, and when college ended they both moved back to Belladonna Cove together.

Now, Tara had none of her fathers wealth at the time. Only the regular simoleans they all start with. I moved them into a condo, where Tara got into the political career, and Edward got into the natural science career. (I think that's what it's called?)

So, 4 kids later, Tara and Edward were at the top of their career and had a decent house. Tara brought home about 1,000 simoleans a day as Mayor, and Edward brought home 10,000 simoleans every Wednesday. Plus, I had all of the kids besides the heir working part time jobs besides the heir, since I was really focusing on getting my heir's skills up, and grades.

Due to all of that money, I was able to build a very large house.

So, I moved the founders out to live their rest of their lives out, and after they passed I went back to the legacy house.

Now this is going to sound cruel- but I usually kill of extra kids. I do this because if I just move them out they never age, and I'll be on my 5th generation and have a teen from the first generation stop by. I know if I do this I might as well just have one kid, but I like being able to raise more, and I like to fufill my sims aspiraitons.

Now, so the second generation started. The heir was Duncan, the first born. I had found Duncan a husband, (yes a husband, you can find your sims sexual preference by using a cheat, if you want to know the cheat I'll say it, I cant think of it off the top of my head though.) and I used a cheat to make Duncan pregnant with their biological child.

Duncan's husband reached the top of his career, and Duncan stayed home and took care of the retail store I had opened. The eventually made a LOT of money, and I was able to build a third floor, the house had 4 bathrooms and 5 bedrooms.

So, Duncan and his husband's only child, Dustin took over after Duncan and his husband passed away.

I had their child marry Nikki, and they have three children together. (I only wanted two, but of course twins had to come along.)

Over the time I've made a small part of the first floor a check out area, and about 75% of the second floor a retail store. So I downsized the house to 3 bedrooms 3 bathrooms.

Now onto gameplay!!

I was really confused when I saw a "real estate office" in the retail town. So, I googled about it and found out what you need to do.

You basically purchase other properties and put the deeds up for sale. So I thought that would be a GREAT way to make money.

Nikki is the only one who works, being on the 7th level of the doctors career. Dustin and four other employees usually ran the retail store at home.

So I had Dustin buy the real estate office!

I had already had about three deeds in my inventory because I had purchased little shops in the past but never used them. So, I put them up for sale!

It was about 7 am at the time, and a bunch of people came in, most people left, but two people stayed there ALL DAY LONG staring and thinking about the deeds. After Dustin passing out I decided it was time to go. It was 10 PM, and all's those people did was stare at the deeds!

And, I then taught their twins how to talk.

So that ends gameplay for now- I'm about to go play.

See ya!
  • Options
    snapshot_6459dadc_84755ac3_zpsdlrbno9z.jpg
    Birthdays are always a big deal with this family :) nice that the game is so smooth, I didn't notice when I took the pic but looks like it's Peter's turn to look a little worried. His little girl is growing up already.
    snapshot_6459dadc_24755ba6_zpsvzf4u3gy.jpg
    Here is sweet little Lindi.
    snapshot_6459dadc_44755a19_zpslk8ybcb5.jpg
    Here is Tony celebrating, kind of like he knew I would let him go to college once I saw Lindi as a toddler....no sympathy for Nick he let his homework pile up, he's not college material though that face is funny heh.
    snapshot_6459dadc_24755c6f_zpsp5q92vjp.jpg
    Peter was the first one in to say good bye, Lilith is hoping he'll be okay without her.
    snapshot_6459dadc_24755cc6_zps4g59dax9.jpg
    As he was leaving I noticed Lindi with one of the puppies, how cute.
    snapshot_047563cd_8475688c_zpsrsjmo9vx.jpg
    I was surprised that Mary-sue dropped him off I wasn't sure if she would, my boy cleans up nice huh, he's majoring in Psychology, I had to cheat some money to fix them up with more supplies and a little fun to keep them going heh..
    snapshot_047563cd_64756a10_zpsxmkr6st7.jpg
    He's only partially ignored by the campus ladies, Vyn here might be interested though she had to leave.
    snapshot_047563cd_a4756a9c_zpspdgon6dr.jpg
    At least he's making some friends, Korey(long hair) and Zeeshawn here are good candidates for that he had two out of three skills he needed for his major so he's starting off really well.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Great updates guys! OMG toddler and puppy is just super cuteness! :blush:
  • Options
    OK, well, I can't remember what thread I posted this in, but I was talking about having Susie marry Jason (from next door) after they graduate from college (of course, I have to get them IN to college first, lol). And I was thinking of having them move into the room above the outhouse. Well, I guess it's been a REALLY LONG time since I last played this family because imagine my surprise when I went in and discovered the room above the outhouse gone, and the outhouse gone as well. It's now Dennis' laboratory, and now I remember that this is because I FINALLY took mercy on all of them and moved the bathroom (now multiple) into the house. So, I started thinking about options and thought I could be nice and move them into Susie's nice big room on the third floor which is next to the music room, but then I thought, "Hmm... why be nice?" So, I'm thinking of either having Lauren and Dennis have more kids since only little Debbie is left between the two kids once Susie comes back from college and is a grown up, or maybe I'll move Dennis' laboratory into Susie's room. Then I could turn the laboratory into a two story apartment. I could put the shower upstairs, and there's a half bath downstairs. The kitchen and sitting room could be downstairs, and the bedroom upstairs. The whole thing would be very small, and they'd have to exit the downstairs completely, walk AROUND the building to get to the stairs, and use the outside stairs to reach the bedroom and shower room. And then I started thinking that I'd have to fence off some of the outside to prevent them from going inside the "Big House," because it would be quicker and more convenient to do so, lol. So, once the side area is properly fenced off, it would look like two lots on one. Poor Susie. She came up from such poor beginnings to grow up into luxury, and soon she'll be back in the poor house, lol.
  • Options
    Crazy_SimsLoverCrazy_SimsLover Posts: 30 Member
    I used the matchmaker for both my sims and she gave them both dates which they got engaged to, but then the dates started acting like butts so I am having second thoughts about them. I want to break them up, but it is too much work. The girl who got a mean date has a really hot friend, so maybe if he's free Friday night... B)

I guess I like ruining my sims lives lol.
  • Options
    I used the matchmaker for both my sims and she gave them both dates which they got engaged to, but then the dates started acting like butts so I am having second thoughts about them. I want to break them up, but it is too much work. The girl who got a mean date has a really hot friend, so maybe if he's free Friday night... B)

I guess I like ruining my sims lives lol.

Hahahaha! I don't exactly like ruining their lives, but I am up for a challenge this game, so that's why I guess I want to put some obstacles in Susie's way when she's an adult. Kind of like, "Nanananana! There's a nice big house next door and your HUGE room with an en-suite you got as a teen, and here you and your husband are, stuck in this two room apartment that you have to go OUTSIDE and UPSTAIRS to even reach the second room!" lol

Good luck with the dating! That's always tough in real life, so I can imagine it being tough in-game, lol.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I finally got my UC up and running. I made a Jude Law lookalike, close enough. He's in Desiderata Valley, started on a 5x6 lot, with not much spare, so he went to community lots a lot to eat at the barbeques and fish in the ponds and meet old people to befriend and move in. He's got 4 elders living with him now, for their money. One will die in a day or two, he'll get an inheritance probably. They all got part time jobs and clean his house and cook the meals and make the friends he needs for his promotions. One was the hostess with the Asian hairdo from one of the downtown restaurants, two old men who have the same ponytail, I think they might both be socialites, and another old lady with the last name McCarthy. I don't remember her being in her own house anywhere, but she brought the most money, 20k. Soon he'll have enough funds to make his house look half decent and then get a wife. I've got my eye on the downtownie girl with blonde hair, cap and glasses for him. I remember she's not too bad. He has 3 bolts of chemistry for her.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    @JULES1111 I love that pic, babies hugging babies.
    @SataiDelennn that's how it works, work hard to get the sims up and going and knock them down again..or maybe I'm just evil with sims I don't like lol.
    @Crazy_SimsLover lol, sometimes it's a little too amusing ruining their lives.
    So I wasn't in the mood for university but I played for a little bit.
    snapshot_047563cd_0477b657_zpsl6zu5exm.jpg
    Tony was supposed to be doing his homework but clearly he was too distracted by..Meredith I think her name is.
    snapshot_047563cd_2477b6ac_zpsqvxfkkic.jpg
    I let him talk to her and they became friends pretty quickly, move over Vyn Meredith has won over my boy.
    snapshot_047563cd_0477b7b3_zpsown2gzwa.jpg
    Now he was already worn out from a late class but I always cheat their moods because ts2 sims are so over sensitive and I didn't send him here to be lazy, homework done it was time for his term paper.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @JULES1111 I love that pic, babies hugging babies.
    @SataiDelennn that's how it works, work hard to get the sims up and going and knock them down again..or maybe I'm just evil with sims I don't like lol.
    @Crazy_SimsLover lol, sometimes it's a little too amusing ruining their lives.
    So I wasn't in the mood for university but I played for a little bit.
    snapshot_047563cd_0477b657_zpsl6zu5exm.jpg
    Tony was supposed to be doing his homework but clearly he was too distracted by..Meredith I think her name is.
    snapshot_047563cd_2477b6ac_zpsqvxfkkic.jpg
    I let him talk to her and they became friends pretty quickly, move over Vyn Meredith has won over my boy.
    snapshot_047563cd_0477b7b3_zpsown2gzwa.jpg
    Now he was already worn out from a late class but I always cheat their moods because ts2 sims are so over sensitive and I didn't send him here to be lazy, homework done it was time for his term paper.

I must just be plain out evil then, because I'm planning to do this to two Sims I really like (Susie, and her boyfriend Jason, or depending on which house I'm playing at the time, vice-versa) lol.

I'm not sure how University works as I've installed it, but I haven't yet played it. I've only been using the content from the pack so far. However, if University homework is like regular neighborhood school homework, I sometimes will let two days go if the kid in question is having a REALLY tough time and I try to work on their mood and such, but then when they're "ready," I do make them sit down and do all their homework so it doesn't pile up.

Hahaha! I AM mean! I was just thinking about one of my community lots, an arcade lot, and I thought about turning Susie's old room into an arcade room complete with a pool table, lol. I could even stick the laboratory into a corner of the room, too. Her current room is HUGE. Yeah, I'm just mean, lol.
  • Options
    lol, I let him slack off in school once in a while but now time to get serious as we came to college without scholarships so he must work work work barely time for friends, Meredith is just special. Yeah when she comes back she'll be thrilled then you can have her sleep outside or something hehe.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92
    I have my child and teen Sims do their homework every school night with Friday's homework any time over the weekend! :)
    If the Sim's fun is low, turn on the TV and constantly change the channel and the fun will fill quickly or ask their parents to help with homework as fun deteriorates much less.
    Your Sim at college, apart from attending class, can do lots of group research in the dorms and the more in the group, the more the class performance will fill. Also if the Sim befriends their tutors, the class performance will fill and least likely to go on academic probation. :)
    Should your Sim befriends 3 students with blazers (Secret Society members) and joins the Secret Society, your Sim could hack grades... ;)
  • Options
    I know I've taken a few sims to college, they are either loners because they're busy or they only have time for one friend..and no sleep I don't even know why I gave him a bed lol. I think I had one sim in the secret society but now I'm not sure if that was me or a let's player....hmmm
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92
    If my Sims attend college, they tend to make their lifelong friends with a lot of them becoming a Big Man/Woman on Campus! :)
    I appreciate you have been playing Sims2 for years but hope you don't mind a few suggestions?
    In my opinion, all student Sims should spend a couple of semesters in a dorm. In the dorm, the Sim can meet and make friends with dorm mates over a game of chess, watching TV together or join in doing group research. The dorms have plenty of stereos to encourage dancing/smustle dancing and your Sim should end up happy and more sociable.
    In a dorm, there is usually at least one member of the Secret Society - sometimes two or three depending on the size of the dorm - so aim to befriend them first but it is your call.
    If your Sim moves into Landgrabb Dorm, avoid cleaning up dirty plates left on the table in the outside area (that are not cleaned up by the Canteen Cook). This will encourage your Sim to use tables in the main canteen area to eat and chat with dorm mates - but do request your Sim to clean up those outside dishes later! :)
    To allow your Sim a good night's sleep (which I could do with myself after watching the live referendum results come in throughout the night!), lock their dorm room door. :)
    As stated in my other post if your Sim attends class, befriends the tutors and does a couple of assignments, they should avoid academic probation. If your Sim does write the term paper, the class performance will definitely fill! :)
    If your Sim visits the Community Lots on Campus, they can build skills whilst having lots of fun too e.g. Student Lounge. Also if you use time to your advantage, have your Sim visit a Community Lot on Campus before class begins so that they will go to class whilst on the Community Lot. When the Sim returns home, they will have to attend class again - so class performance will fill. :)
  • Options
    yeah his performance is almost to the top after doing his assignment and finishing his term paper I don't usually have him clean up anything but the so far no one has taken anything outside yet. He's in a dorm in SSU, I'm just not letting him socialize too much while starting out, while everyone else sleeps I want him working on getting the most out of his academics he was always a perfect student school was no issue for him. Once he's a senior he'll spread his wings and decide on roommates after college :smiley:
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92
    What is your Sim's Aspiration and Lifetime Want?
    I have probably been playing quite a few knowledge student Sims lately that building skills is fairly easy once they have the eureka moment! :)
    If you are focusing on building skills for your Sim, why not set the weather to autumn/fall for all seasons?
    I think they learn skills 25% quicker but don't quote me on the percentage! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top