May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 PETITION

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Really - is this ironic or what - some people step into a thread clearly set for us to show we disapprove of this game and why - then you last two step into the thread to disapprove of us. Now who's being PETTY?

Also friendlysimmers - why on earth does anyone have to accept anything we PAY real money for because it bears the Sims series name? Really? Now I have heard everything. Sorry but I stopped being mindless when I was around 2 or 3 I believe. Paying my own money for something that does not live up to the standards of The SIMS series would make me a very foolish girl I think.
    Its been 2 years almost if it not up to your standards why are you still playing? No one is forcing you to buy the game or any other content that has been released for it.If you choose to buy it then you are to blame because if you don't like it why put money into the franchise you aren't satisfied with their content.

Okay. One more response to you and that will be all.

Again. Reading comprehension: Try it sometime. You might actually enjoy it.

Read carefully:
    Also friendlysimmers - why on earth does anyone have to accept anything we PAY real money for because it bears the Sims series name? Really? Now I have heard everything. Sorry but I stopped being mindless when I was around 2 or 3 I believe. Paying my own money for something that does not live up to the standards of The SIMS series would make me a very foolish girl I think.
    @kremesch73 is this forum school? I am not doing reading comprehension on a sims forum. Either you like the game or you don't but no one is forcing any of you to buy anything if you do then its your problem not mine. But complaining won't change the direction of the game. You are also telling people that they are spelling wrong when english isn't there native language. We aren't perfect ok so stop with the school lectures about spelling and reading.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited July 2016
    I wouldn't care for a competitor to S4 either. TGL doesn't even appeal to me in the least, and that's one some players were pushing for us to take a look at around the beginning. Nope. Not for me, but thanks.

I would rather a competitor take a look at the game as a whole, from 1 to 3 (and even some of the strong points to 4 even though there aren't many, but there are some), and create something that blows it all out of the water. It's wishful thinking. I'm aware of that, but it beats trying to nickel and dime me to death for shallow content.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    kwc1994xkwc1994x Posts: 28 New Member
    @pepperjax1230

*facepalm*
  • Options
    kwc1994x wrote: »
    @pepperjax1230

*facepalm*
    We are all entitled to our opinions and seriously that was uncalled for.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Really - is this ironic or what - some people step into a thread clearly set for us to show we disapprove of this game and why - then you last two step into the thread to disapprove of us. Now who's being PETTY?

Its been 2 years almost if it not up to your standards why are you still playing? No one is forcing you to buy the game or any other content that has been released for it.If you choose to buy it then you are to blame because if you don't like it why put money into the franchise you aren't satisfied with their content.

In the beginning I bought on false promises from the Head developer Ryan Vaughns promises that indicated toddlers and more would be coming - okay. I bought the GP seeing they were still delivering some of that promised stuff and many of us waiting from our own wanted missing content did not know we would still be waiting 2 years and still not have it - after all it is BASE game content - you know - not ep content like pets, seasons, etc but base game content.

I am not playing Sims 4 - I am waiting still and playing Sims 3 and even Sims 2 as well when I play the Sims still waiting for Sims 4 to get it's act together. I did end up with other packs - but I did not buy them - my beloved family did back at Christmas, as they were unaware of this Sims dilemma. All they know is for the last 16 plus years buying me Sims stuff for Christmas, birthdays, mother's day, etc was the way to go and make me smile. I will admit that yes I did smile and yes I did thank my family as sweet as possible because I love them and they just want to make me happy. I will not hurt their feelings because Maxis decided to go the way they have with Sims 4. Won't do it! But I am not playing those either. I did try each pack I did have, but it made no difference at all in the game - it was still toddler-less and still culling the plum out of my sims.

Now what else do you want to know about my life's story that will make it acceptable for me to come here and express my dislike for having to even wait 2 years and still nothing. Regardless of who bought me what that comes to about 300 dollars invested in a game I cannot enjoy AT ALL. In my book having a 300 dollar game I cannot play rots!! And yes - I am going to complain.
    That wasn't Ryan who said it it was Grant.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    @pepperjax1230

*facepalm*

I'm not saying anything bad about your opinion(s). You are entitled to them and they are just as valid as mine or anyone else's :smile:

@kremesch73 wasn't referring to your spelling at all or anything of the sort. They were on about you not reading the post fully and understanding what someone had wrote is all. I just don't think you're getting the gist of what @kremesch73 was trying to tell you.

Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have posted what I did. And for that I do apologise. I'm sorry. I guess I'm just frustrated is all and shouldn't take it out on anyone on here. it's not fair to anyone.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I don't get why it matters so much that some people don't like this game. It certainly doesn't bother me that people do like it.

All I'll say though, like someone else said best to just move on to avoid getting the thread closed.

THE THREAD is about disapproval of the game - so if anyone would get it closed it would be your post disapproving of us - don't you think?
    Please reread...I've posted in here several times about my disapproval of the game. I'm referring to others constantly coming in to say our opinions are wrong and we should "accept the game".

Oh Okay - I am very sorry then I misread that. Apologize profusely.

ETA I added an eta to that post to try and correct my mistake. I did not want to remove it as it was quoted already - so I did not create issues by doing that in the thread. Again sorry. I totally hate it when I misspeak about something and see a post differently than it was intended. So sorry.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    @pepperjax1230

*facepalm*

I'm not saying anything bad about your opinion(s). You are entitled to them and they are just as valid as mine or anyone else's :smile:

@kremesch73 wasn't referring to your spelling at all or anything of the sort. They were on about you not reading the post fully and understanding what someone had wrote is all. I just don't think you're getting the gist of what @kremesch73 was trying to tell you.

Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have posted what I did. And for that I do apologise. I'm sorry. I guess I'm just frustrated is all and shouldn't take it out on anyone on here. it's not fair to anyone.
    Its ok and I didn't read the entire post.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I don't get why it matters so much that some people don't like this game. It certainly doesn't bother me that people do like it.

All I'll say though, like someone else said best to just move on to avoid getting the thread closed.

THE THREAD is about disapproval of the game - so if anyone would get it closed it would be your post disapproving of us - don't you think?
    Please reread...I've posted in here several times about my disapproval of the game. I'm referring to others constantly coming in to say our opinions are wrong and we should "accept the game".

Oh Okay - I am very sorry then I misread that. Apologize profusely.
    No worries :)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    In the end you either:
    like the game. Which is fine. Or don't like the game. Which is also fine.

People can voice their complaints... or they can voice their love for the game. Both are fine.

Everyone should be able to express their opinions of the game and they should all be respected. I personally am disappointed with the game - and it frustrates me. And I read that some other people do love the game and they say why they love it. I don't agree with them. But it's fine that they enjoy the game when I don't. I'm happy that they have fun playing and they should enjoy the game to their hearts content :smile:
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg I have to admit I didn't really read all 9 pages of this post and I didn't mean to imply you couldn't express your opinion about disliking the game no matter how you got the game if you were gifted it or bought it you have the right to express your dislike for the game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

In the beginning I bought on false promises from the Head developer Ryan Vaughns promises that indicated toddlers and more would be coming - okay. I bought the GP seeing they were still delivering some of that promised stuff and many of us waiting from our own wanted missing content did not know we would still be waiting 2 years and still not have it - after all it is BASE game content - you know - not ep content like pets, seasons, etc but base game content.

I am not playing Sims 4 - I am waiting still and playing Sims 3 and even Sims 2 as well when I play the Sims still waiting for Sims 4 to get it's act together. I did end up with other packs - but I did not buy them - my beloved family did back at Christmas, as they were unaware of this Sims dilemma. All they know is for the last 16 plus years buying me Sims stuff for Christmas, birthdays, mother's day, etc was the way to go and make me smile. I will admit that yes I did smile and yes I did thank my family as sweet as possible because I love them and they just want to make me happy. I will not hurt their feelings because Maxis decided to go the way they have with Sims 4. Won't do it! But I am not playing those either. I did try each pack I did have, but it made no difference at all in the game - it was still toddler-less and still culling the plum out of my sims.

Now what else do you want to know about my life's story that will make it acceptable for me to come here and express my dislike for having to even wait 2 years and still nothing. Regardless of who bought me what that comes to about 300 dollars invested in a game I cannot enjoy AT ALL. In my book having a 300 dollar game I cannot play rots!! And yes - I am going to complain.

No Ryan said it during the live 2 Q & A they ran on Twitch TV after it leaked out that Toddlers and cars were not going to be in the game (before the Gamescom). Grant never promised us anything - but Grant said in an interview or two during E3 2014 that all life stages and cars would be in the game. He was not the one on the first LIVE Twitch broadcast trying to quiet the masses of us that were cancelling pre-orders in large numbers. That was Ryan - then head DEV of the Sims 4. I know I sat through both of those Q and A's. It was also during one of those that Graham was also there and explained in depth why the toddlers did not make it into the game - and said it was a time issue. That they simply ran out of time. Incidentally both of those Q &A were no longer available for re-playing since a few weeks after the game came out - conveniently.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

From Ryan's blog

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/neighborhoods-weird-moments-and-more

"I know that this quick blog can’t possibly answer all of your questions about TS4, but I hope it fills in some of the areas you’ve been wondering about. You can see we’ve made some key decisions to focus on new aspects of the game – things like our all new Sims, vibrant neighborhoods, and powerful creative tools - just a to name a few. And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won’t be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come. The future of The Sims 4 is bright!"
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I think it's a good time to refer to the etiquette rules instead of getting into a pointless to and fro. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817951/read-this-general-discussion-etiquette-updated#latest

Basically if you want people to respect your love of the game and your place here it's your responsibility to offer the same to others no matter their opinion. It's not up to other customers to tell people they shouldn't be here or giving feedback whatever that consists of. If that's what you want perhaps petition EA to ask them to stop allowing any and all criticism.

Thank you @PHOEBESMOM601 that's the one too. I think we've learnt now next time round to try to save what's said for future reference after the amount that suddenly became unavailable.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,270 Member
    Just to remind everyone they are sims 4 players (including new ones ) that are upset with this game also.Its not just a bunch of old fans, there new fans that have issues with the game as well.The reason we criticize, its not to bash on the game . We want the game to improve, and eveolve to be fun for everyone . And be complete in all areas.
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg I have to admit I didn't really read all 9 pages of this post and I didn't mean to imply you couldn't express your opinion about disliking the game no matter how you got the game if you were gifted it or bought it you have the right to express your dislike for the game.

Thank you.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    z0mg_z0mbiez0mg_z0mbie Posts: 84 Member
    Just to remind everyone they are sims 4 players (including new ones ) that are upset with this game also.Its not just a bunch of old fans, there new fans that have issues with the game as well.The reason we criticize, its not to bash on the game . We want the game to improve, and eveolve to be fun for everyone . And be complete in all areas.

i'm new i am kinda upset that we dont have open world in the 4 game. but again i don't have any eps right now just the base game.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I think it's a good time to refer to the etiquette rules instead of getting into a pointless to and fro. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817951/read-this-general-discussion-etiquette-updated#latest

Basically if you want people to respect your love of the game and your place here it's your responsibility to offer the same to others no matter their opinion. It's not up to other customers to tell people they shouldn't be here or giving feedback whatever that consists of. If that's what you want perhaps petition EA to ask them to stop allowing any and all criticism.

Thank you @PHOEBESMOM601 that's the one too. I think we've learnt now next time round to try to save what's said for future reference after the amount that suddenly became unavailable.

I know - I tried so many times to get into those Twitch Q & A's we had with the devs where it showed these "promises" and where they talked about bringing the missing to the game in the second one in patches and such - but conveniently they are still blocked by EA and "no longer available". Sort of hard anyway to copy those - I think you can only link to them - not sure though - I just know I did not think to save them until it was too late. I did not know we would need to "PROVE" it was promised before another head there stated it was planned. So confusing and no wonder we feel duped at times over this whole thing. It should not still be an issue for 2 LONG years now - as I recall that was late July and early August.... Ironically the ones after the game release when they were further talking about the coming free patches of missing things - now those are still available - of course those don't mention specifics but the first 3 patches - but I know even when we viewed those, many of us talked about it - concerned there was no mention of the toddlers or cars then - so all we knew is they would surely be coming in the next batch. Boy were we gullible.... LOL.

(No disrespect intended with that - by the way).

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    From Ryan's blog

"I know that this quick blog can’t possibly answer all of your questions about TS4, but I hope it fills in some of the areas you’ve been wondering about. You can see we’ve made some key decisions to focus on new aspects of the game – things like our all new Sims, vibrant neighborhoods, and powerful creative tools - just a to name a few. And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won’t be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come. The future of The Sims 4 is bright!"
    this makes me so furious :confounded:

two years later & the additions to this game piece by piece have removed the remains of my gameplay completely
    which was already trunkated since launch

"vibrant neighborhoods" & "potential"
    can't hear it anymore :confounded:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    From Ryan's blog

Thank you, PhoebesMom601. This quote from Ryan is... is... I hardly know what to say now, with the hindsight of almost two whole years. I've heard of puffery in advertising but this takes the cake. "... capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come..." REALLY?

OK, then: toddlers, open world, no Origin requirement, no loading screens, Create-a-Style... want us to go on? Oh, wait, I get it now -- he said "years" and didn't say how many years. Ten? Twenty? I see what you did there, EA.
  • Options
    MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    edited August 2016
    1. Sims don't have real relationships. Death, cheating and being mean alters relationship bars but doesn't affect how sims treat each or solicits appropriate reactions based on relationship status and the strength of such. Standard happy interactions between sims is default despite having enemy status.
    2. Traits do not make sims truly unique. Every sim with the same emotional state is essentially the same sim. Emotional states override traits easily rather than intermingle for unique opportunities.
    3. Limited customisation outside CAS especially terrain wise and neighbourhood wise.
    4. Careers and professions lack depth. Hardly anything unique between various career/professional levels.
    5. Teens/YA/A life stages are hard to differentiate physically and behavioural wise. It affects choices leading to the purpose one may want to assign a stranger in their story.
    6. Constant seating rearrangement breaks emersion.
    7. list goal orientated social events and professions =/= sand box play.
    8. Bassinet babies need deeper meaningful gameplay
    9. Outside spousal relationships, families do not have many interactions to engage in. Enough detail hasn't been added in to make teens and adult stages that much unique from each other.
    10. Culling, relationship culling and limited maps limit story telling.
    11. No toddlers but with limited family interactions....
    12. Slow Expansions pack releases. If it's lifespan is going to be similar to 2 and 3, at this rate TS4 won't be as meaty as it's predecessors.
    Post edited by Maddanna on