Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @CCYNTHIAA welcome to the thread :) you'll find that the simlit community is super helpful and supportive especially this group and the writer's lounge over in the ts4 section :) I'm so happy I found this great environment for writing. Congrats on getting your story started! I'm actually German and live near the dutch border so we're probably not far apart ^^

@gnasling ugh failing the driver's test plums! I wish you all the luck in July :) I was super scared for the test back when I did it. I was lucky that the examiner was super nice and let some things slide. A more strict examiner might not have let me pass :/ I was so nervous! But it's all good now.

@mastressalita wow teachers like this really suck especially for driving. Why do people have to be like that?
  • Options
    CCYNTHIAACCYNTHIAA Posts: 7 New Member
    @CCYNTHIAA : Welcome to the thread! I actually run an index on these forums for Sim stories, the Stories and Legacies Index[/url]. You can go to that thread and on the first post there is a submission form where you can submit your story site to the listing. My index is new-member friendly; it is fine to list your URL on the submission forms without the http or by using * instead of . or something like that, and I'll link it up properly in the main index. ^_^

Thanks for the tip i filled it in!.

to all the rest of you, thankyou for being so amazingly sweet.
    you will find my story in the index soon i guess, i look forward too continue reading your stories, and of course continuing with my own!

so happy i found this place already.
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Just when you think things could not get darker ...

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/06/20/snow-and-prince-redux-13-the-babies/

[img][/img]05-21-16_10-27-14nbspPM_zpswogfqziu.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    gnaslinggnasling Posts: 208 Member
    @Julyvee94 Thank you very much :) it really was annoying. The guy did let some things slide for me as well, but I had two big mistakes that he couldn't overlook. He was pretty fair about a LOT of things - he wasn't unfair at all. Still, it wasn't fun and hopefully it'll go better next time.
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Happy Tuesday, everyone!

So, as if I didn't already have enough to do, I started another story, one that I'd been meaning to get going for the last year. The Founders are a couple who met on a Reality TV dating show. The story is called "Colors of Loving" and will span ten generations. Each generation will have a color featured, such as having it appear in their clothing or having a room in their house done in that color. I suppose it's a sort of modified Rainbowcy (no berries). Also, romance will be a big part of each generation's life. Some will end happily while others might not. Regardless, each generation will experience one great love at some time in their life.

We'll be starting out with Laban and Ileah Ralston (nee Forrester). Click here to go right to the blog. You can easily navigate it by clicking on the tabs at the top.

So, on to chapter 1.

Bride%2B%2526%2BGroom%2B2.jpg
    "Colors of Loving," Chapter 1, We've Only Just Begun

You might want to read Ileah's Bachelorette Challenge first if you want to see how their relationship began. To do that, go to "Ileah Forrester's Bachelorette Challenge"

I'll fill in the form to add this to the stories & Legacies Index. I hope you enjoy it if you decide to have a look. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    ChavisWeek4_zpse3un6qm8.jpg

A month has passed for the Chavis family. Adrianne is Vice Squad in her job. Brenan is CEO in his job. Both are level 2 celebrities. Cris was born last week. They are saving up for a move to a new home. I picked Sunrise Valley for the move. Plans are to move when Cris ages up to child.
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hey guys. Due to my library having a reading thing where for each book you complete, you can fill out a ticket to enter a raffle I've been gone for a while. I've read four books so far (Including Illuminae, which is 599 pages) so that's been sucking up some of my time.
    That and I can't get on my computer (including my tablet) because its so flippin hot in this room I could risk over heating it and since this place is so full I don't have anywhere else to set up AND we can't afford to get another mini AC unit in this tiny room. So...... yeah, everythings pretty good. Seriously. Ever since we've moved my moms blood sugar levels have dropped to normal range, half the time.

And now my avatar disappeared.
    You're too late.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Hi there everybody,I've been distracted with browser bugs with Firefox and had to take the time to find out why it was happening and get it fixed.I was gettinga blank pages opening up as homepages and new tab pages or getting the browser dumping extensions and plug-ins.Other bugs were the constant forced session restores each time you restarted the browser and the bugs with pages taking too long to load or malfunctioning on loading because the user's control over cookie permissions was removed.I noticed this started becoming an issue with version 40 and later versions just kept making things worse.I've gone back to 39 and my browser is working like it should.Pages load a lot faster and It's a lot safer without losing adblockers to one of the bugs.
    I've got a new chapter out HERE for Glen Harbor.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    After nearly two weeks of being bedridden due to some unknown malady making me so sick, I finally went to the doctor and he suspects I may have mono or some type of throat infection, but I am slowly starting to feel better. But boy, I have been up all night because last night we got hit by a violent thunderstorm and the weather radio in my room woke me up telling me we were under a tornado warning so I ran downstairs, grabbed the bare necessities, and ran down to the basement and the moment my parents and I got down there, the tornado siren went off and I was scared out of my mind and on the radar, a tornado had just touched down in my area and was coming straight towards my subdivision full-force and I was praying my heart out as hard as I could and then the storm just stopped. My house didn't get any damage that I know of and my car is still here so I think we made it out with just in the nick of time. Ever since then, I've been unable to get back to sleep so I'm sitting here at my desk sipping my coffee while playing Sims, which has just gotten crazy because the last time that I played, Chinoe and Freyr had just welcomed triplets into their family, three daughters they named Pallantia, Eos, and Nokomis. They're still infants and Chinoe is pregnant again so the triplets will be aging up here soon just in time to make room for the new baby. Those triplets are driving poor Chinoe insane. She has gotten very little sleep because of how often the triplets need something. Hopefully, her next baby won't be as demanding ha ha.
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    howdy! i'm holland, and currently i am playing through a challenge i wrote myself which can be found linked in the legacy compilation thread! my main sim is a child sim named Hope Mullen, and she is a really soft spoken and sweet hearted girl. i've played plenty of challenges and found that i didn't like the main focus being on achieving a set amount of money or an aspiration, so i made the focus on building and furnishing the home and playing strictly a child sim! i plan to post a thread following her story the moment i am officially a member!
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    After nearly two weeks of being bedridden due to some unknown malady making me so sick, I finally went to the doctor and he suspects I may have mono or some type of throat infection, but I am slowly starting to feel better. But boy, I have been up all night because last night we got hit by a violent thunderstorm and the weather radio in my room woke me up telling me we were under a tornado warning so I ran downstairs, grabbed the bare necessities, and ran down to the basement and the moment my parents and I got down there, the tornado siren went off and I was scared out of my mind and on the radar, a tornado had just touched down in my area and was coming straight towards my subdivision full-force and I was praying my heart out as hard as I could and then the storm just stopped. My house didn't get any damage that I know of and my car is still here so I think we made it out with just in the nick of time. Ever since then, I've been unable to get back to sleep so I'm sitting here at my desk sipping my coffee while playing Sims, which has just gotten crazy because the last time that I played, Chinoe and Freyr had just welcomed triplets into their family, three daughters they named Pallantia, Eos, and Nokomis. They're still infants and Chinoe is pregnant again so the triplets will be aging up here soon just in time to make room for the new baby. Those triplets are driving poor Chinoe insane. She has gotten very little sleep because of how often the triplets need something. Hopefully, her next baby won't be as demanding ha ha.

Wow! What a tale! Glad you’re feeling better, and thank God the tornado missed your house! Yay for simming today. B)
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    @FayeShinomori - You've certainly been through the wringer with your illness. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. OMG on the storm though! We had one here last night as well. The tornado siren went off and I was so scared we were going to get it. A tornado touched down where we are exactly a year ago last night, so what a way to "celebrate" that anniversary. I'm with you on the praying part. I was scared out of my wits. We don't have a basement so if things were to get really bad, we'd have to go into our smaller bathroom. It would be tight quarters with 3 fully grown humans and 3 dogs, but thankfully, we haven't had to do that. Last year when the tornado touched down, our house and car were okay but a few blocks over, there was a lot of damage. We were very fortunate.

@TadOlson - Ouch on the browser bugs. It can be so frustrating when things aren't running correctly or efficiently. I'm glad you were able to find a fix, even if it means reverting back to something previous. I had that problem when I tried to take advantage of a Free Windows 10 upgrade. I run on a Mac but am able to boot up in Windows to play Sims. :) Anyway, my Apple mouse and keyboard worked fine on Windows 7 but Windows 10 wouldn't recognize them. I didn't want to have to swap out the keyboard and mouse every time I booted up in Windows, so I just went back to 7. Hey, it works great and I'm happy. :)

@EmmaBarbie - Oh man! Sounds like the gremlins are really out to get you lately. Boo on the AC and dang on the Avatar. Hopefully the heat will let up so you can play and do what you like in the room everything is in.

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Wow, all these tornado stories are scary. O_O I'm rather fortunate in that southern Idaho is pretty free of natural disasters. We get high winds on occassion, and since our summers are hot and dry, this season is natural forest fire season, the air will get smokey down here in they valley but it isn't ever dangerous. Earthquakes is the most likely thing to occur, but hasn't since... the 80s? I've never had to experience an earthquake, tornado, or hurricane and feel rather thankful for that!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @FayeShinomori I'm glad you're feeling better and I'm also glad the tornado didn't hit you. I hope it didn't do too much damage elsewhere either.

Also @mastressalita I was just thinking that wow, these tornado stories are pretty intimidating. I'm very lucky in that my home country has... well, basically nothing. No notable earthquakes, no chance for serious hurricanes and not a trace of volcanoes or anything. I guess our nature kills slowly and silently. With the snow and the occasionally treacherous ice and all.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Also hey, everyone. In case someone has been waiting for an update to The Fey of Life, then here it finally is! This took pretty long to get out. Mostly because I've had some problems with getting this story together and I've been struggling with the same old angst about how this story should be killed with fire, but that's normal for me and I feel that way about all of my stories at some point. That's just the sign for me to 1) take some distance from it and 2) make it better. So I hope I've got my act together here now. And I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 20: Return
    qLielKQ.jpg

Decisions are hard to make, but at least Lynn and Rem have a chance to return home. But getting back home is just an invitation for things to get more complicated.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    @mastressalita - You are very fortunate for sure. The midwest is notorious for having violent storms during this time of year. As to earthquakes, believe it or not, we had a very, very mild one about...oh...8 years ago? It happened in the middle of the night. I'm a bit of an insomniac at times, so I was wide awake and lying on the couch with an audiobook. All of a sudden, I felt the couch move under me and our big clock started to rattle where it stood (we have a grandmother's clock in the living room). I heard trashcans outside rattling and falling over. After a few seconds, it stopped. Very strange. I asked my husband if he felt it. He was sound asleep and it didn't wake him, but he noticed the trashcans on their sides in the morning.
  • Options
    xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    Season 2, episode 5 of MURDER VALLEY is UP!

go read/comment!

https://murdervalleysims.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Good morning everyone! Yes, that night was incredibly frightening. It's never good when the our weather radios go off and then downstairs my mom was watching the weather to see how dangerous this storm will truly be, and my dad was looking on his weather app, the app announced that my subdivision was right in the path of the storm and then the weather man said from the TV that we have to get to the basement now, and by the grace of God alone, we were spared. So far, I haven't seen very much damage at all in my area, but I've only seen rare bits and pieces of the other homes that are set far back and are very expensive, so they could have gotten some damage and I just didn't see it since I never go down that way. Thankfully, today is quite calm weather-wise and we can finally breathe a big sigh of relief knowing that God had listened to our prayers and helped us. I was worried about my godmother though. She was home alone all this week because her husband decided to go hike in Alaska, leaving my godmother to have to withstand the powerful storms all on her own. I hope that she managed to get away from the worst of the storm and let the rest head our way. I don't know. All I know is that I am ready to play Sims and watch over the triplets who are now Children so it's homework time for them now!
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Wow all these tornado and disaster stories are seriously intimidating. I am so grateful that I never experienced something like this... Germany has floods sometimes and maybe big storms that cause damage but no earthquakes or tornadoes, thankfully. Thinking of all you peeps who are in something like this this week. Hope you're all okay *hugs*
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I'm with @Julyvee94. Massachusetts is pretty much free of earthquakes and tornadoes (barring the 1953 Worcester Tornado) and hurricanes and whatnot. Some might say that the snow is a trade-off, but I'd rather snow than tornadoes.

Good wishes to those braving extreme weather too. <3

---

j5zoVw8.jpg

Chapter 2: Peers, Perhaps

"Not all hybrids are created equally, Bear."
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Well, I live just at the tail end of Tornado Alley and my state's weather never makes sense, but at least this time they were right; that storm was not something to be messed with. The fact that it just weakened and died out just before it got to us is almost like a miracle in Heaven for us. We were about to go face-to-face with a tornado and I just prayed as hard as I could and thankfully my prayers were answered. Since we live at the tail end of Tornado Alley, tornadoes are always a possible threat during summer and with how scorching hot it's been lately, it was just like a potion being mixed up to throw a tornado at us lol.

In Sim news, Chione and Freyr have welcomed their fourth and final child, a fourth daughter they named Nidaba. She's still an Infant, so I don't have pictures of her yet, but here are her three big sisters:

Here is the eldest of the triplets, Pallantia: Pallantia%20Nolan_zpsfo6adqec.png

Here is the middle twin, Nokomis: Nokomis%20Nolan_zpszdthyjaw.png

And here is the youngest of the triplets, Eos: Eos%20Nolan_zpsv5ry3q3w.png

And now since it's been over two days since I last slept, I'd better to try to get some rest which is pretty much impossible for me lol.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @FayeShinomori: The girls are pretty
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Hey all.

Well, where to start. In the plus column, I've been sleeping a bit better since I last posted, except on nights when I go a little crazy on the games. But I don't do it that often. Yesterday, I created a new holiday for myself - Hedgehog Day. See, yesterday in '91 Sonic the Hedgehog made his big debut in the gaming world. So to observe, every game I played was a Sonic game.

In the minus column, my newly developed hypochondria has finally gotten to me. I've become a preemptive gluten-free eater. I don't know if I have any problems with it, but I don't know that I don't either. So, much to the annoyance of family, I swore off gluten. I can just imagine the first step, if hypochondriacs had a self-help program, would be to admit they don't have a problem. :tongue: I also still can't get over my writer's blah. Maybe it's the heat around here, since we've been 90 and up lately and it sure seems to sap my strength. Or maybe it's the fact that I can't seem to write at home. I'm so used to Amy, our last dog, coming to get me for anything at all and killing my inspiration, and now that she's gone, well I guess I keep looking for her to be right there behind me looking at me with those big brown eyes. But I digress, you don't want to hear all the bummers.

And now, for some replies that are quite overdue.

@Julyvee94: I never got to keep a journal growing up, but that sounds cool. Well, nothing wrong with having a lot of notebooks. How else will one keep notes? :lol:

@msbeckycat: I take it that's Sims 4, or do Sims 3 Sims have breakdowns too?

@Julyvee94: Well, you could always eat your words. :lol: Sorry, that's a lousy joke.

@hellohannah2: What do you think Appaloosa Plains is close to? Just asking for my story's sake, since that's where my Daniels family now resides. They used to live in Sunset Valley, but I like to rotate worlds, just to keep things from getting too big.

@SilentWolf101: Well, I hope all is well by now. Sorry to hear you've been having issues. :(

@ValoisFulcanelli: *waves* I never thought of doing that before. Good luck with the game within a game. :) Nice pictures too, but you always do such nice pictures.

@sweetnightingale: It's been a little crazy around here too, so you're not alone. Glad you could get some downtime.

@CCYNTHIAA: Welcome to the group. :)

@gnasling: I can't say I blame you. I'd be nervous about getting my driver's license too. I'll admit I don't have one yet, and I'm almost 30. Well, with insurance and all, it didn't seem to make much sense until I could afford it. But I get by. Anyway, hope July is your month to hit the road. :)

@sweetnightingale: I've done that too, start other projects when I have enough. You should see my document queue on FF. :tongue:

@EmmaBarbie: I hope you don't have someone like Brick Heck in your neighborhood, and I hope you watch or at least know about The Middle. But I wish you luck on that raffle.

@FayeShinomori: Holy cow! That would scare the living daylights out of me. I mean, we had something like that not too long ago, where it looked really bad. Like you, I prayed my heart out, and nothing happened to us. Still, it sure looked bad. I'd say you have good reason for not being able to sleep now. I'm glad you made it through the storm okay. As someone who lives right in the heart of Tornado Alley, I can say summer sucks.

@TheoriesOfHappiness: Hi, Holland, welcome to the group. It's always nice to see new people here. Me, I'm in the middle of a rewrite of one of my Sims stories, but hopefully, I'll have it ready for the group sooner rather than later, knock on wood. :tongue:

@mastressalita: Me, I'd probably have to move to Alaska or somewhere it's cold. I'm glad Idaho is pretty safe. Missouri isn't so hot, believe me.

@FayeShinomori: And once again, your Sims are gorgeous. I hope they grow up the same way. :)
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    @TheoriesOfHappiness: Hi, Holland, welcome to the group. It's always nice to see new people here. Me, I'm in the middle of a rewrite of one of my Sims stories, but hopefully, I'll have it ready for the group sooner rather than later, knock on wood. :tongue:

i've been rolling around trying to read through as many stories as i can since i don't have much to do (i have a leg injury) so i hope i can read yours when it's prepared! i started off writing as hope but recently i've turned my focus to a legacy challenge attempt (since i got semi-tired of playing hope as i'm not that big a fan of the child sims).
  • Options
    Hey you all! Well, this one was out quickly, at least. The next chapter to The Fey of Life!

Chapter 21: Recoil
    97LEf2B.jpg

The quiet streets of the too-early morning felt far too long now when one was running away from a clearly murderous criminal.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories: