Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this confirm my suspicions that toddlers are coming?

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I am not interested in 'mobile games'

If they want to make a mobile Sims game then they can say goodbye to me

It doesn't need to be one or the other and that's what frustrates me most about EA. They jump on trends and try to force players into their latest vision of those trends (which is why SC2013 was such a disaster!).

There is capacity for both mobile and PC. Actually I'm pretty sure that they could split the sims pc into a low range computer series and a high range one too so people could buy into what sorted their setup and commitment to the game anyway.

The fact that there is still a Sims PC game and a Sims mobile game in active development suggests to me that Maxis believes there are markets for both. I see no reason from looking at current game-industry stats to think that this won't continue.

I agree, but I worry about the cross platform thing and how that will affect the specs of the game. Seeing the app for TS4 is what bothers me. I'd be all for cross platform if I knew it wouldn't affect the PC version in lowering them.

Totally agree. I love anything that brings Sims to more people if it's still a great game for me :)

Totally. Me too, all the way. Having different sims games for the different platforms shouldn't limit the other games. I'm pretty sure the concept of the sims would sell well across all of them independently anyway. It's just a really good concept.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016

They already have mobile Sims games - they have mobile Free Play and The Sims 3 mobiles. Free Play does well - but not so much Sims 3 mobile so why would they even think a Sims 4 or Sims 5 would be better via mobiles. How could people even see a difference in Sims 3 Mobile which has already been out for a while now for both Android and ITunes (Apple) devices. I think it is sort of silly to address mobile the same way they do PC or even console versions - which by the way a few devs have already said so far they have not even considered Sims 4 console. Even the Sims 2 and 3 console versions were minor compared to the Sims 2 and Sims 3 pc packs. So I don't think Sims games do very well at all outside of the pc versions and has been proven over the last 4-10 years of them trying. I think where they only have the Sims 3 and I believe just one ep so far on mobile - it is in its infancy - and of course Sims 3 open world works much better for apps than a closed world - plus Sims Free Play - like it or not - does do well and makes lots of money. I don't see them looking to add yet another Sims game on top of those two any time soon. Also people who comment on the Sims 3 mobile seem to have all played Sims 3 pc prior and they do not seem the least impressed and state the pc version is tons better.

So going mobile to me sounds a bit far-fetched with all they have in that basket right now. Besides what could they offer in a Sims 4 or 5 mobile that wouldn't be in the Sims 3? I mean Sims 3 has everything you could possibly add to the game and as I stated they are already on the market and in production - the hard parts figured out more or less - why even consider yet another.

Also Sims games on console has never done anywhere as well as pc, even EA acknowledges that, and is the very reason there are not console versions of all the eps and other stuff for the console versions of Sims 2 and 3. Add to that fact here heading into 2 years for Sims 4 pc, they still are not even considering expanding to a Sims 4 console or so they say. Even ea suits recognize the fact that Sims games do best on pc - it has been stated time and again to stock holders and those who attend various conference calls. I think the only way that would happen at this rate is if Sims 4 failed and Maxis has time to see that doesn't happen if they are really hearing us that buy the pc Sims games.

So do I think they are working on toddlers - well if they aren't they aren't listening to what the majority of people who invest in the Sims are saying. The ball is fully in their court.

http://www.ea.com/the-sims-3-mobile

http://www.ea.com/the-sims-3-android

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-sims-3/id317904170?mt=8

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    KuffiKuffi Posts: 170 Member

They've men making mobile games in the first place.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Kuffi wrote: »

Huh?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Kuffi wrote: »

Huh?

I think they meant EA was already making mobile games. (Sims 3 mobile, Freeplay, etc.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited March 2016
    I honestly think this patch is bringing us a major game feature - be it cars, or toddlers. I say this because the free updates have been small and in between lately, they've had a good amount of time "between the cracks" if you will, to finish toddlers. I do believe they were "started" but scrapped before the game launched.

I think the Sims 4 team would likely want to just DROP THEM on us then "tell us they're coming" because they don't want the hysterics and the hoopla. I think they want us to enjoy what's coming afterwards because we're not still complaining about BG features. I think cars will follow suit there after. Yes, there are EP themes everyone's gonna want and maybe some random other little features, but in terms of BIG features the two left they haven't incorporated are toddlers and cars. I thought cars would be a great GP - however - with the "food service" tease in that tweet a few weeks back, I don't expect it. Could possibly be part of EP3 which would be great.

Edit to add that I won't be surprised if they release some sort of screenshot today associated with this patch :)
  • Options
    crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    well, 4 months later... nothing... let the "why did u ressurect an old thread" begin.
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Oh I remember the bottle and the bear thing again. Oh my.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    well, 4 months later... nothing... let the "why did u ressurect an old thread" begin.

Heyyyy we can get it any time just not now lol.

• Options
    crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    @Keyenpeydee oh yea, the teddy and the bottle, 2 "hints" in dine out. lots of hints in different dlc's like that wall sticker in get to work, in the description it says ages 6-12, hinting preteens, oh well, i guess they like putting in easter eggs!
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • Options
    CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    bear bottle ninja dine out ceo toddlers generations decal no yes maybe hype train 69 like twitter ts4 best game 2018

There, I summarized all past and future posts, You can thank me later :)
    I'm back!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    The way I see it, the only way to know that Toddlers are coming is an official announcement, otherwise, I'll take this with a grain of salt, liking a Tweet doesn't exactly confirm anything xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    The way I see it, the only way to know that Toddlers are coming is an official announcement, otherwise, I'll take this with a grain of salt, liking a Tweet doesn't exactly confirm anything xD

Would you confirm to us what does the bottle do in chef station and "missing bear' in Dine Out?

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »

Would you confirm to us what does the bottle do in chef station and "missing bear' in Dine Out?

It could be entirely for aesthetics. Those badges on the vest don't all seem to be relevant to 'Dine Out' do they?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.