Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 has already sold 5 million copies

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2016
    Simanite wrote: »
    The problem is, seeing that TS4 has sold so many copies (even more already than 2 and 3 in their lifespan apparently) it means that the chances of TS5 being more like TS4 than any of the others is more likely. For us who feel like 4 is missing stuff, this is problematic and worrying. We fear that because the lack of toddlers and family play hasn't left a dint in the games earnings, the developers may think why bother spending money adding them in future iterations if they can make more money adding in as little content as they can get away with.

Where did you read it sold more than Sims 2 and Sims 3 during their entire lifespan? The Sims 3 bases game boasts 10 million sales alone, and Sims 2 did even better, selling 13+ million copies. Sims 4 is no financial failure, but let's not over-state the success.
    I still don't know what the 5M refers to by the way. Is that clear yet?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Who knows what that pin meant. I mean really, why even debate something no one knows as fact. What is true is that TS4 is doing well enough for them to continue to invest and grow the game.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I never said that only young people play the game. And I never said you have to be young to be introduced to a game for the first time. I just said that not aiming at younger gamers at all and keep addressing at the same audience over and over again, for years, is not a smart business move in the long run, if you want to keep the franchise fresh and alive.
    Feel free to disagree :)
    Games should be for all ages. Sims 4 is a game for all ages. The fact that it lacks features that were dear to many gamers or that it doesn't have stunning, amazing, super immersive gameplay is a different thing. And subjective too.
    Actually ditching old customers is more damaging on the business side of things. Sure they can ditch old customers and get new ones, but it will end up costing them more on the long wrong. Just common business knowledge.

Article about acquisition vs. retention cost. http://www.invespcro.com/blog/customer-acquisition-retention/
    "Did you know that it costs five times as much to attract a new customer, than to keep an existing one? The first rule of any business is to retain customers and build a loyal relationship with them, and thereby avoid customer acquisition costs. It’s a well-established fact that 44% of companies have a greater focus on customer acquisition vs. 18% that focus on retention. Also, it’s true that only 40% of companies and 30% of agencies have an equal focus on acquisition and retention."

One thing I can't stand more than anything are false information about how businesses run especially since being in the field myself. Businesses want to retain their customer base. Only reason why the Sims games have become as profitable as they are now because there are customers who have been around at least 10 years still playing the games. It would be a dumb move to ditch those loyal customers. Yes it is good to attract new customers, but if it is at the cost of old customers, then it is financially damaging. So no I don't believe those 5 million sales came just from new customers, but old ones as well. Both are needed.

They sure ditched this "old" customer. I was once their biggest apologist for ts3 (that magnificently sublime and perpetually buggy work of art and constant source of grief).

Me buying everything "sims" has certainly come to a screeching halt... which, this "buy everything lemming behavior" multiplied by several other "old" customers no doubt encouraged the franchise's current state. I am truly sorry for my part.

• Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    For me I don't understand why people have to argue about this. I really can't. Its a game that some people love and some people hate. The fact this thread is 9 pages long and 90% of it is people comparing the game with pretty much the same argument over and over again baffles me.

If the the game has indeed sold 5 million then thats great news for everyone. For those of us who love the game it means we will continue to see content we want out. For those of us who have been disappointed it means there is a better chance for sims 5. And for all of us it means we may see missing features back in the game because there's still funding to friggin do it. I don't see why every thread has to end up with people attacking each-other all the time.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LunaNova wrote: »
    For me I don't understand why people have to argue about this. I really can't. Its a game that some people love and some people hate. The fact this thread is 9 pages long and 90% of it is people comparing the game with pretty much the same argument over and over again baffles me.

If the the game has indeed sold 5 million then thats great news for everyone. For those of us who love the game it means we will continue to see content we want out. For those of us who have been disappointed it means there is a better chance for sims 5. And for all of us it means we may see missing features back in the game because there's still funding to friggin do it. I don't see why every thread has to end up with people attacking each-other all the time.
    Yeah there are a variety of opinions with the Sims 4. Some like it, some don't, some have mixed feelings. If anything the 5 million shows is all those Simmers with the variety of opinions bought the game. Money has no "sides". One person's money spent doesn't matter more than another person's money spent. Because in the end we are community that helps the Sims grow. But yes I agree either way, it will benefit everyone hopefully if EA allows the budget to do so.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    So talk of the forums is about the recent sales figures, and I see some differing opinions about what this means for the game and the future of the series.

Personally I think that it is great that TS4 is selling well and I am not even playing the game but instead I am waiting for future games which may not happen if it was not for positive sales.

I just do not understand the debating however. Why should it matter if the game sales loads? Would that actually effect anyone else's enjoyment over the game? It is easy to say that TS4 might have had a bumpy ride at first but as it appears, there have been some improvements made which a lot of players are happy with. Can these players not actually enjoy the fact that their game is actually slowly becoming popular and will be treated to new content in the future?

It does seem that maybe some players want to see the game fail as maybe that way they will then get the content that they are asking for but myself, I want the series to thrive, be open to new ideas as well as enhance previous features and make them stronger! :smiley:

Weather or not the game is selling a lot or little should effect anyone else's enjoyment of the game and if you don't enjoy TS4, maybe you should be happy that there is now a very good chance of a TS5 coming in a few years which I am also waiting for :smile:

Happy Simming

Peace

Those people who DO want to see the game fail presumably for little more than their own enjoyment / vendetta are probably just annoyed that they've lost a part of their "argument" / justification of acting superior or enlightened.*

Personally I take sales figures with a pinch of salt anyway. I think it's great the game is starting to find its own and it's doing well (Kudos to the development team; I know not everyone is happy with the choices made but I think they really have put out some quality stuff) I know at one point EA was touting that TS4 was the best selling game on Origin but that's really not hard when said Origin library is so limited.

*I don't extend this to everyone; just the section of this community that seems to genuinely get off on rubbing people's faces in the game doing "poorly". Though sadly I do think this news will spur more of the opposite end to basically do the same "lawlz you can all stop complainingz now. This game is the BEST!!111!!ONE the sales prove it." so I guess we're trading one group of obnoxious people for another.

Well said *nods*.
    Some (many) discussions in this forum appear to be focused on the players and their gaming preferences rather than the game itself, and too many times things are taken to that personal, and totally uncalled for, level.
    What exactly do you find 'well said' in that post then, which is totally dedicated to "those people" and "we're trading one group of obnoxious people for another"? In other words: focused on players, not the game itself? Or is it allright to slate people as long as it's not the people you happen to agree with?

I agreed with the bolded part.
    It looks to me like you're misreading it... since I basically said the same thing you're saying to me now x°D
    I clearly wrote: "and totally uncalled for", which means that I condemn slating people for ANY reason whatsoever.
    You read the exact opposite that I wrote, or I just wrote something in an entire different language.
    The bolded part included "I guess we're trading one group of obnoxious people for another". People being obnoxious because they have an opinion about the game (positive or negative). Yes, you did basically say what I said, which was why I was surprised.

The person that wrote that comment was talking about people commenting on other people, not people commenting on the game.
    Which is why I agreed with what they said in the bolded part.
    People here should not comment on other people liking or not the game, but on the game itself. When people here argue over the fact that this game is good or bad, they should always remember to discuss about the game and not about the other player, to not make it personal.
    And well you might disagree with me, but I do really think that those who attack somebody else because of their opinion are pretty plum obnoxious. All opinions should be respected. You can't agree with somebody over the game? Beautiful, it's ok to have different opinions. You attack somebody because they have a different opinion (like it happens over and over again in this forum from both sides)? Not cool at all.
    I don't think I can state this more clearly.
    No..? They were talking about people who (quote)"want to see the game fail presumably for little more than their own enjoyment / vendetta are probably just annoyed that they've lost a part of their "argument" / justification of acting superior or enlightened.(unquote) And people who (in the bolded part, quote) "basically do the same "lawlz you can all stop complainingz now. This game is the BEST!!" (unquote) As far as I can see referred here is to people who have an opinion about the game, not people. The poster has an opinion about those people, they're (quote) "obnoxious" (unquote).

I guess we're interpreting that comment in a very different way. I still believe, from what I've read, that they were talking about the annoying attitude of people, both those loving and those hating the game, to antagonize those who have a different opinion on the game. Which is, to me too, an obnoxious thing to do in a forum - and also, if I'm not mistaken, against its rules? -.
    Anyway, I already stated my opinion on the matter, so... good :smile: nice to know we're not understanding each other :lol:
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options

It's explained by people - in this topic - why Sims 4 doing very well isn't automatically good news. I for one don't need a Sims 5 if it's founded on the conviction of a team that believes they did a great job with Sims 4. Not because I am convinced they didn't, obviously they did for some people like you say. But because if they continue this franchise in this direction, there's no reason for me to look forward to a Sims 5.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    edited June 2016
    wrote:

So in two years, less than half the expected lifecycle of 5 years, and far less time in total since past game releases, Sims 4 at 5 million is no slouch and may very well get past 7.7 million not in another three years, but in as little as one or two. I wouldn't underestimate it.

I hope so. I remember worrying so much when Sims 4 was released because people kept saying it bombed and I love the game, so this is really good news.
  • Options
    So talk of the forums is about the recent sales figures, and I see some differing opinions about what this means for the game and the future of the series.

Personally I think that it is great that TS4 is selling well and I am not even playing the game but instead I am waiting for future games which may not happen if it was not for positive sales.

I just do not understand the debating however. Why should it matter if the game sales loads? Would that actually effect anyone else's enjoyment over the game? It is easy to say that TS4 might have had a bumpy ride at first but as it appears, there have been some improvements made which a lot of players are happy with. Can these players not actually enjoy the fact that their game is actually slowly becoming popular and will be treated to new content in the future?

It does seem that maybe some players want to see the game fail as maybe that way they will then get the content that they are asking for but myself, I want the series to thrive, be open to new ideas as well as enhance previous features and make them stronger! :smiley:

Weather or not the game is selling a lot or little should effect anyone else's enjoyment of the game and if you don't enjoy TS4, maybe you should be happy that there is now a very good chance of a TS5 coming in a few years which I am also waiting for :smile:

Happy Simming

Peace

Those people who DO want to see the game fail presumably for little more than their own enjoyment / vendetta are probably just annoyed that they've lost a part of their "argument" / justification of acting superior or enlightened.*

Personally I take sales figures with a pinch of salt anyway. I think it's great the game is starting to find its own and it's doing well (Kudos to the development team; I know not everyone is happy with the choices made but I think they really have put out some quality stuff) I know at one point EA was touting that TS4 was the best selling game on Origin but that's really not hard when said Origin library is so limited.

*I don't extend this to everyone; just the section of this community that seems to genuinely get off on rubbing people's faces in the game doing "poorly". Though sadly I do think this news will spur more of the opposite end to basically do the same "lawlz you can all stop complainingz now. This game is the BEST!!111!!ONE the sales prove it." so I guess we're trading one group of obnoxious people for another.

Well said *nods*.
    Some (many) discussions in this forum appear to be focused on the players and their gaming preferences rather than the game itself, and too many times things are taken to that personal, and totally uncalled for, level.
    What exactly do you find 'well said' in that post then, which is totally dedicated to "those people" and "we're trading one group of obnoxious people for another"? In other words: focused on players, not the game itself? Or is it allright to slate people as long as it's not the people you happen to agree with?

It looks to me like you're misreading it... since I basically said the same thing you're saying to me now x°D
    I clearly wrote: "and totally uncalled for", which means that I condemn slating people for ANY reason whatsoever.
    You read the exact opposite that I wrote, or I just wrote something in an entire different language.
    The bolded part included "I guess we're trading one group of obnoxious people for another". People being obnoxious because they have an opinion about the game (positive or negative). Yes, you did basically say what I said, which was why I was surprised.

The person that wrote that comment was talking about people commenting on other people, not people commenting on the game.
    People here should not comment on other people liking or not the game, but on the game itself. When people here argue over the fact that this game is good or bad, they should always remember to discuss about the game and not about the other player, to not make it personal.
    And well you might disagree with me, but I do really think that those who attack somebody else because of their opinion are pretty plum obnoxious. All opinions should be respected. You can't agree with somebody over the game? Beautiful, it's ok to have different opinions. You attack somebody because they have a different opinion (like it happens over and over again in this forum from both sides)? Not cool at all.
    No..? They were talking about people who (quote)"want to see the game fail presumably for little more than their own enjoyment / vendetta are probably just annoyed that they've lost a part of their "argument" / justification of acting superior or enlightened.(unquote) And people who (in the bolded part, quote) "basically do the same "lawlz you can all stop complainingz now. This game is the BEST!!" (unquote) As far as I can see referred here is to people who have an opinion about the game, not people. The poster has an opinion about those people, they're (quote) "obnoxious" (unquote).

I guess we're interpreting that comment in a very different way. I still believe, from what I've read, that they were talking about the annoying attitude of people, both those loving and those hating the game, to antagonize those who have a different opinion on the game. Which is, to me too, an obnoxious thing to do in a forum - and also, if I'm not mistaken, against its rules? -.
    Anyway, I already stated my opinion on the matter, so... good :smile: nice to know we're not understanding each other :lol:
    But when you're talking about an annoying attitude of people, you're talking about people yourself aren't you? Not about the game. There is a contradiction there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    It's great to sell 5 millions copies but they should tell us out of those 5 millions buyers, how many actually liked the game and would recommend it for purchase? That would give us more insight you know. If the satisfaction is high then ok you convinced me. Because being a bestseller doesn't necessarily mean it's the best of the best. Just look at Star Wars if you want a recent example. :)
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I never did go by the sales figures or any of that stuff. If I like a game, I buy it and it seems like Sims has been the only games I have played over the 15/16 years. It has been my second life, LOL
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member

Happy Simming

Peace

Well said *nods*.

But when you're talking about an annoying attitude of people, you're talking about people yourself aren't you? Not about the game. There is a contradiction there.

There's no contradiction. When a person's behaviour is to antagonize, criticise others opinion or treat them like 🐸🐸🐸🐸, they get called out.
    I'm all of freedom of opinions, but manners (and forum rules) come first.
    I'm allowed to address the horrible attitude of somebody if I see it happening and, if it's necessary, to report the user, just like I'm not allowed to criticize their personal preferences, their thoughts about the game, their opinions or the person they are.
    This said, I'm out :smile:
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options

But Luna you don't understand that's what EA wants you to believe. They sure will release the features we wish to see but we have NO control of the time frame or how they're gonna release it. EA used to dilute the things. They will add one or two big wishes at the time alongside useless stuff we obviously don't need just to make us feel longing for more. Why? Because this opens the door to more future expansions which means more sales and revenue. We are owned by EA Luna, it's vicious, it's mean but this is what's happening. We get lured and baited that's how i see it. Sorry to be so straightforward but we have to see it for what it is.
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited June 2016
    fullspiral wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »

---

The Sims 2 is also the most goal oriented, as the player needs to complete Aspiration Goals everyday of they suffer.

Yeah, that's what is so annoying about Sims 2. I always cheated to keep their aspiration level up.

I think we all did.

I didn't. I never cheat skills or aspirations and haven't since I started playing sims in 2000

I try not to but when your aspirations are all 4 kids getting into University and they are teenagers, you kinda have to :/

There are times when the goals want you to do something you don't want to do. So I cheat.

I guess I am just different. I have never, from sims 1, played it as a goal, or aspiration type of game. I got sims 1 and thought, cool! I can make an imaginary world with imaginary people. An alternate universe! I can do what I want without restriction of societal barriers, rules, restrictions, etc. I can live where I want, go where I want, do what I want, and live how I want. No matter how I see it, or creatively decide that a story needs to be....

The pop-ups, menus, guidelines, tutorials have never meant a thing to me in the 16 yrs I've been playing.

The worst series for my style was 3.

I also play this way, ignoring many of the goals and things, The worse game for me was the sims 3 so many problems even playing the game. I wonder if the good sales are because you do not need a million dollar (exaggeration) computer to be able to enjoy this iteration of the game?
    Also there are no rabbitholes where you have to wait for the pop-up to come on to tell you what is going on, if you are only playing one sim that was most annoying in sims3.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Thing with if the game did sell that many, I don't want to hear anymore "too expensive" excuses of why features can't be done because they can. I have had enough of the "woe as me" excuses when it comes to developing this iteration of Sims. Gurus can do features that Simmers want. They have the talent and means to now. Only reason preventing them now is if they don't want to, that's all. I want the Sims 4 to have to best future possible, so now to continue to attract both old and new customers should be the goal for Maxis.

I think the game engine stops some of the features that everyone wants. So I do not think that money is the only deterrent nor do I think they do not want to. I think the game has some limits, and at least at this time they are staying within the limits, I n my opinion they went over the limits in TS3 and that is what made the game totally unplayable for some.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I am one of those who is like "Never stop believing", even if its not the same as someone else. I also believe I have NO control over anything that any company has to offer. And no, EA doesn't own me either.

Don't all companies try to lure you in? I wonder how many people buy shoes and put them in the closet after only wearing them once? Or that pair of name brand jeans I had to have that was worn once or twice and hung in the closet? At least I play my Sims game for years and its a lot cheaper in the long run.

Maybe I just view things differently.........I take one day at a time, one step at a time.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @charlotteprice Good points :smile:

The devs really did lure me in once, it was back in 2009 and I saw a picture of two TS3 Sims jogging through an open neighbourhood and I though 'I am so buying that!' :smiley:

So yes, we are all guilty of being pulled in now and then ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    The problem is, seeing that TS4 has sold so many copies (even more already than 2 and 3 in their lifespan apparently) it means that the chances of TS5 being more like TS4 than any of the others is more likely. For us who feel like 4 is missing stuff, this is problematic and worrying. We fear that because the lack of toddlers and family play hasn't left a dint in the games earnings, the developers may think why bother spending money adding them in future iterations if they can make more money adding in as little content as they can get away with.

Not sure this is true they use telemetry (I think that is what it is called) to tell what is being played. Apparently the things that are missing were not played a lot in the other games so they did not have the telemetry that was needed for them to be a priority in this game.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Azarinop2 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that with all the capabilities the engine actually has. They really need to allow an option for people with good computers to have the ability to load each district with its lots loaded and ready to play with a sim walking simply into it. It may not be as good as an open world but atleast it's better than seeing a lot that's loaded and still needing to have it load for the selected lot's sims to be loaded. This is not needed as it's way past TS2 era.

Please Maxis. The loading screens are eating me alive.

They can't do that. I'm hoping they put something in where your sim will continue to do what they were doing (like writing a novel) while you follow another sim off lot.

I mean, seriously, if Sims Freeplay can do it, why can't Sims 4?
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @Simanite wrote: »

Or:

Since the Sims 4 is holding up so well, and they are upgrading visual aspects etc, and the fact they chose an artstyle that doesn't age, perhaps instead of investing money into The Sims 5, they'll continue to add to The Sims 4.

Unlike a year after The Sims 2, where half the developers moved to The Sims 3, with The Sims 2, developers moved onto The Sims 3 about 18 months later, all the current Devs are still working on The Sims 4.

We knew after a year that both The Sims 2, 3 and 4 were coming.

It seems strange to me that EA would invest in adding features like the Unisex CAS, improved lighting, and upgrading the graphics of Sims and Objects (objects have better appearance, especially circular objects), instead of just giving people more reason to buy a Sims 5. Perhaps they just want to make Freeplay and 4 the "go to game" for more than just 4 years (5 years at a push).

So perhaps those kind of things are coming, since the base game has an audience that keeps on growing.

Maybe one of the reasons EA had the 5 year plan was because the games sold the majority in the first year and the audience stopped expanding. The Sims 4 grew two thirds in its second year, and may grow another half in its third.

They may not need a new game to expand the audience anymore. They may just continue to grow the audience of 4.

Sims 2 is still MUCH better than 4, even with "half of the developers" and I'm sure half the funds. How sad.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sims 4 actually has a long way to go - technically as in the first 10 years of the sims - on Feb.3rd 2010 EA celebrated the Sims selling 125 million -

here is just one of many announcement of this feat -

http://venturebeat.com/2010/02/03/the-sims-celebrates-125-million-games-sold-across-10-years/

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    @charlotteprice Sure they lure out. Every company do but not as EA does. When you buy a nice pair of shoes, you do it willingly. Nobody forces you to buy them. You bought them because you wanted them.

However what EA does is to FORCE you to buy their expansions and packs. Why do you think the base game was stripped of everything people loved and get used to see? Because they know that as we want them so much, we will buy without thinking. Let's talk about the dishwasher. It was available on the base game since Sims 1 so obviously it would be logical to find it on the Sims 4 basegame as well right? Instead you could ONLY get it by buying the kitchen stuff pack, an useless one except for the dishwasher. As people wants the dishwasher they have no choice but to buy the pack. That logic works for every single one thing. The dishwasher is just one example among many other. The Jacuzzi is another example. Just open your eyes.

Like I said, I won't invest a dime on that game because it will never end. If that's what the future sims game will look like, TS3 will be my last one.
    11ay6ix.jpg

• Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

---

The Sims 2 is also the most goal oriented, as the player needs to complete Aspiration Goals everyday of they suffer.

Yeah, that's what is so annoying about Sims 2. I always cheated to keep their aspiration level up.

I think we all did.

I didn't. I never cheat skills or aspirations and haven't since I started playing sims in 2000

I try not to but when your aspirations are all 4 kids getting into University and they are teenagers, you kinda have to :/

There are times when the goals want you to do something you don't want to do. So I cheat.

I guess I am just different. I have never, from sims 1, played it as a goal, or aspiration type of game. I got sims 1 and thought, cool! I can make an imaginary world with imaginary people. An alternate universe! I can do what I want without restriction of societal barriers, rules, restrictions, etc. I can live where I want, go where I want, do what I want, and live how I want. No matter how I see it, or creatively decide that a story needs to be....

The pop-ups, menus, guidelines, tutorials have never meant a thing to me in the 16 yrs I've been playing.

The worst series for my style was 3.

I also play this way, ignoring many of the goals and things, The worse game for me was the sims 3 so many problems even playing the game. I wonder if the good sales are because you do not need a million dollar (exaggeration) computer to be able to enjoy this iteration of the game?
    Also there are no rabbitholes where you have to wait for the pop-up to come on to tell you what is going on, if you are only playing one sim that was most annoying in sims3.
    Sims 4 doesn't have rabbitholes? When was that patched in? And I play one sim in 3, who hardly ever enters a rabbithole. Because the game is stuffed with open venues and he doesn't have a job (and that's Bridgeport, the third EP). He does a lot of mixing drinks but I can perfectly witness him doing that.
    I had to buy a new computer by the way to be able to play Sims 4 ;) My previous computer (which could manage Sims 3 on highest settings, all packages and Store content included) would shut off every time I'd enter CAS.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    @amyedwards1986 - You might want to find a different example. Dishwashers were patched in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    TS4 will have selled more at release due to it's growth in reputation over the years compared to TS1. Nobody knew what it was going to lack at launch.

Would be cool to see how many of those players would actually sell their game of TS4. I know I would have at launch for its price. You can't just downgrade a video game's capabilties and boundaries. You literallu have you to imagine in this game even now what you want to happen. I love the sims and how they act but now how they react and their personalities are null.

Very restricting, very funny atleast. I'm in the middle with it however it's definatly not my favourite Sims game probably at the bottom of my list right now. And as it's been two years, it's been two years and hasn't wowed anyone as much as what the previous games did in the same time length since release.

Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif