Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    @rednenemon Thank you!

@thesealofthesims I'm glad you like it. I'm running a little behind today because I got caught up in RL stuff and then wanted to post something to my blog, but those pictures will definitely be with you by tomorrow. I'll put the bathroom door where those two stacked lockers are in the images I posted here, and I may need to change the three-seater couch there into a two-seater, to make room for it.

@everyone Hope you're having a good Sunday (a peaceful Sunday is my idea of one of those!)

I got a 'deleted scene' for The Madness of Mr Goth posted on my blog today. These scenes are ones that don't make it into the story proper, but they come to me as and when, and I post them in a manner akin to the extras you get on a DVD. They're always un-illustrated (although for this one, I've already had someone asking for a screenshot, so I'm just loading that save now - heh!)

In this one, Gunther muses on the fact that neither he nor Valois will ever grow old, and he wonders what he would have looked like if he could age normally. Click the image (or click here) to read :)

delscene.jpg
    Gunther had seen Valois cast many spells before now, but none quite like this one. Usually, Valois was silent, and a wave of one hand or the sharp snap of his fingers sufficed to cast the enchantment. This time, he was murmuring something—words that Gunther couldn’t catch or understand—and his left hand made complicated movements, his fingers twisting and curling almost unnaturally, making Gunther wince. The air shimmered around them both, their reflections in the mirror fading and reappearing several times, limned with a beautiful iridescent sheen.
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    gnaslinggnasling Posts: 208 Member
    @ValoisFulcanelli That library looks like an absolute heavenly place. I have to download it and I don't even know what I need it for but I just do. So jealous of your epic skills! I appreciate there not being stuffpack-stuff in there :3 man, it looks so cool!
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I didn't want to end this Sunday empty-handed, so I stopped sitting on the first chapter of my brand new TS4 (!) story, The Chains of Lyra.

Kind of in the vein of Eight Cicadas, it's science fiction/fantasy meets slice-of-life antics on Earth. Or it will be after Chapter 1. Here is the discussion thread. I'll re-vamp my signature sometime tomorrow for a new banner and links.

---
    6pfucvq.jpg

Chapter 1: Vega and the Diplomat

“For what my word’s worth, no one could have predicted that.”
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @InfraGreen ooh how fun to be in on the beginning of a story!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    edited May 2016
    @gnasling Thank you! I'm glad you like it, and I'm so pleased with how well it came out :)

@everyone Hello, lovely people. Well, that's Monday done and dusted, and I've been making my Tumblr readership (and myself, if I'm honest) cry their eyes out. A while back, I aged up my two rockers - Cal and Ten - to adult, and they turned out amazingly haggard and wonderfully wasted-rocker-seen-some-s**t-in-their-time. To that end, I began devising a darker AU of their main story. A much darker AU in which rocker!Valois didn't live. Over the past couple of days I've been posting the backstory of that turning point on Tumblr, and I've now consolidated it into a single post on my website. There will be more of this, but it's exhausting to write, and also to take and edit all of those specific screenshots, with my beloved boys in such distress.

Please heed the warnings at the top of the page if you decide to read it. You might want a tissue handy, too. This is the beautiful, melancholic music I was listening to on repeat as I wrote and screencapped.

Click the image below (or this link) to read. And, again, please be warned: this is very dark, dealing with accidental overdose and death.

rockerdeath_banner01.jpg

I feel pretty raw after writing this, but I think I did it justice. My red eyes will testify to that :'( And now I'm off to bed. G'night.
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    Well, I just got a rude awakening. Apparently, I had fallen asleep at my desk without me remembering doing so and I just woke up about a half hour ago to the sensation of tumbling out of my desk chair and right onto the hard floor while my imperialistic gray cat that I love so much merely sat there on my bed watching me struggling to stand up (I have really bad knees, even at age twenty-seven. My right leg is crooked and my left side overcompensates it which led to me dislocating my left knee in 2010 and now I am no longer able to run or walk at a relatively quick pace. My doctor said that I will most likely be facing a double knee replacement at a far younger age than normal people would have had to have had it done) and I just could not help but laugh because she is such a spoiled brat which is my fault because she has made it pretty clear that I'm her human and no one else's and I love her so, so much. Anyways, that's how my evening has started. I say evening because when I fell out of my chair, it was only 11:30 at night and I still had not managed to crawl through the grueling night so I can relax in bed the next day with my cats and watch television. It is now five minutes past midnight, but I am wide awake so it's back to simming I go. Oh, but I didn't forget to take pictures of my heiress Strenia! She turned out to be so gorgeous!

Here is Strenia all grown up: YA%20Strenia_zps3yyj6hs5.png

Here is her future husband Sucellos: Sucellos%20Nolan_zps406o69as.png

Strenia is going to be working in the musician sector of jobs while her husband (Well, future husband) stays home and tends to the garden and the children so Strenia can indulge herself with the smooth sounds of a chorus of beautiful instruments that give off an almost otherworldly lullaby that Strenia adds on to with her violin studies.
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited May 2016
    Somehow I managed to get my May Short Story Challenge submission finished before I leave on vacation this week! Huzzah! (Especially since I won't return until the 30th!)

Growing Pains - A transgender man reminisces on his struggle through puberty growing up with gender dysphoria. Written for the May 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "Growth."
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    Wow @FayeShinomori that was quite a tumble ... I chair nap all the time but had best rethink my activities
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    edited May 2016
    @lisabee2: I was so exhausted that I don't even remember sitting down at my desk, and I certain didn't remember falling asleep, but boy did I wake up once I hit the ground! That was NOT a pleasant way to wake up. If it wasn't for this gosh darn insomnia, I could actually get a decent night's sleep instead of going two days and two nights with no sleep and eventually passing out at my desk. It's getting really out of hand these days. I plan on talking to my doctor about it today. I have to have some way of getting sleep. I never feel well rested anymore. I just never have any energy because I barely sleep at all every week.

Edit: It's a boy! Strenia and Sucellos just welcomed their first child into the world, baby Heilyn, a figure in Celtic mythology. Strenia is now pregnant for the second time and she and Sucellos are hoping for a girl, as am I!
    Post edited by FayeShinomori on
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @lisabee2: I get a big adrenaline rush whenever I post new things, especially entirely new stories. We'll see how regularly I get that rush, though....

@FayeShinomori: I've fallen asleep in odd places too, but for other reasons and I hope you get some help. At least you have a gorgeous heir, though! ;)

---

I was originally gonna post four chapters to break Eight Cicadas' hiatus, but after Chapter 63 had trouble forming and would likely require some new screenshots, I decided to cut my contribution short. But Cicadas is back, baby!

fXfZzfH.jpg

They both gave a knowing look to Franco, who nearly choked on the last of his cinnamon bun when they started talking about parties.

5reAWtd.jpg

Bridgeport was a big city, but Franco wasn’t running into much understanding...

LLkb1rb.jpg

They were brought to a small, partitioned room to speak with Annette.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @FayeShinomori OHH I hope the doctor can give you some answers!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Evening guys!

My new story is finally about to start. I most the prologue for it just now! :)

Prologue: Let the Raiding Begin.

This short prologue featured @BBQPenguinWings @CathyTea as "The Werellama of Windenburg", @Rorygilmore34 as well as both her Meatballs.

@Munterbacon excited to be in on the ground floor of a story!! The townies are preposterous LOL (oh and the house is gorgeous)
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    episode 2 of season 2 of murder valley sims is UP!

go read/comment!

https://murdervalleysims.wordpress.com
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited May 2016
    Finally got my latest update for the Adoptionacy challenge up! I've had to contend with a failing hard drive, and I was without a computer for a week while I got that fixed (the tech was able to clone the hard drive and save everything, fortunately). The new update is here, and brings me ever so much closer to getting halfway through this challenge! However, in-game I've had to slow down the adoption part because stupidly, my sim married someone who is not only nurturing and family-orientated, but sneaky :)
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Evening guys!

My new story is finally about to start. I most the prologue for it just now! :)

Prologue: Let the Raiding Begin.

This short prologue featured @BBQPenguinWings @CathyTea as "The Werellama of Windenburg", @Rorygilmore34 as well as both her Meatballs.

Oh, that is absolutely hilarious! I can't wait to see more of the gang's escapades :)
    Hello, lovely people. Happy weekend to you! :)

I've been hard at work in-game, because I wanted to bring you something special. After eight hours of eyeball-drying creation yesterday, it's finally done. Several of you liked my cc-heavy version of this, so I decided to remake it as a cc-free version. And, especially for @mastressalita, I specifically didn't use anything from the three EPs she doesn't have installed - Supernatural, Showtime, and Into the Future. I also didn't use any SP items. (You have no idea how hard it was to make this without using the gorgeous old books and scrolls available in Supernatural, Mastress!) :p

Oh, that is gorgeous :) I am so in awe of anyone who can create buildings that actually look good!

• Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    @Munterbacon I just read Episode 2 and I love the details you put in it! After, "the change" I noticed an eye color difference! It's these little details that I love about your stories! :)
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Hey guys! Sorry for no responses, but I've been a bit busy trying to fix my minecraft game. One mod has been messing up my entire game, and it's such a shame since I really, really wanted that mod in my game. After about a week of trial and error trying to get the mod working, I sadly report that it just would not work in my game. But now, my game is working just fine, and I must admit that I'm pretty happy about that. ^-^

Anyways, my Askew with Montesque update is very, very late, but... I may not be able to update it until next month. *sad face* I apologize to all my AWM readers for this.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Hello cool people! I’m back! I’ve been on vacation. Well, I’m still on vacation, but I’m back in town lol.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    @lisabee2 @MayaRose1138 Glad you liked the start of the story! :D I'm hoping to get back to writing it soonish.

@Rorygilmore34 Thanks! :blush: The eyes were a face-paint so it was quite easy to duplicate Lucas's outfit and give him new eyes, and I really wanted the change to pop :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    Welcome back @Jes2G
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options

Snow and Prince Redux ... The wedding is over and our happy couple are off for a quick honeymoon. This blog features the fanciful Caribbean flavored build of creator Simoniona. You will not want to miss the exquisite underground! She is incredibly talented (there will def be more from her as time goes on).

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/snow-and-prince-redux-4-honeymoon-in-curacao/

[img][/img]02-29-16_3-18-48nbspAM_zpsibujten7.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Welcome back @Jes2G

Thank you!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    @Munterbacon I have a dear simmer friend who just created a STUNNING alien type venue that you might want to check out .. in fact she has 2 that might fit your story .. all done with No CC! Her EA-ID is: Simoniona

https://thesims.com/de_DE/gallery/015DFDFC1E6411E68602B8400C38F23A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=Simoniona&max=50&maxis=false

[img][/img]elke1_zpsc5a61elg.jpg

elke2_zpsumggeksw.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @Jes2G Welcome back! ^-^
    @lisabee2 No offense, but every time I see your dog it makes me laugh and think "OMG, that is so adorable!" Also, those are some gorgeous venues!
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited May 2016
    @lisabee2 Thanks! I think I know how I can use it!! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)