Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm new to posting on the forums but I've been stalking them for months now. I've played Sims 1 through 3 on and off throughout the years. And since the closing of the Sims 2 site and the release of Sims 4, I've been collecting all the Sims 3 discs I can find. I know I'm really late coming into the game at this point. I work at a store where I get a 10% employee discount and I earn points by purchasing groceries and such. My last sp and ep were paid for with points I had saved. B)
    I'm still learning all the aspects of this game, but I think my favorite eps are world adventure and pets. I've always loved anything adventure-y or ancient, and I've always wanted a horse lol. The open world is probably one of the coolest things about this series. But, I think my all time favorite thing to do is build. I can get lost for hours building and designing or remodeling premade Maxis houses. I do use cheats occasionally, mostly build cheats are my favorite.
    I guess the best tip I have is to definitely read threads like the DD and cascade thread and anything related to keeping your game running smoothly. I've learned a lot from the amazing people who still love this game, and I currently have no plans to buy the Sims 4. From what I've read it doesn't really have the freedom that the Sims 3 has ,and of course the price is a factor.

Hello @Odonata68 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums! It is great that you are enjoying purchasing each of the sims 3 packs, and have been able to purchase them through earning points as well as receiving a discount through being an employee. You would enjoy having the packs even more because it refiects all the work that you have done to work towards getting the packs. World Adventure and Pets are great sims 3 eps! It is enjoyable watching our sims riding horses, and unicorns look so special! It is nice having our sims travel to the three different worlds on WA and do the adventures. Each of the worlds are uniquely different and are fun to explore!
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is nice the way that we can bring out design ideas into sims game form. It is exciting seeing our sims living in the homes that we have built and furnished for them!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to being a part of the Sim community. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Odonata68 you're welcome for the gift
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    carson133carson133 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi! I'm new to the forums, and my first Sims game is Sims 4, and I bought it when it first came out, and I love it!
    Recently, I bought Sims 3, and have been playing that, and it's really fun, if a bit laggy!

My favorite EP/SP in Sims 4 currently is Get Together because I feel like it introduces tons of great features, and I love the clubs and outfits!

My favorite thing about the game is Create A Sim! I love challenging myself to make different looking sims, and I can spend hours just making 1 sim!

The only cheat I use usually is bb.moveobjects, just so my houses can look better!

Don't really have any tips, but I'm happy to join the community!
    Origin ID: carson133
  • Options
    Hello @carson133 :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again to you here. It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 4. Get Together is a great EP! The clubs system is a very enjoyable feature of the pack. It is nice having our sims join or create clubs and attend gatherings with other sims. Windenburg is a very nice world for our sims to live in or visit. Creating sims is a very enjoyable part of simming! The new CAS tools in sims 4 are very helpful when creating sims. It is fun creating simversions of our family members , friends and celebrities!
  • Options
    EndUserEndUser Posts: 96 Member
    Greetings, Just wanted to say hello to all you simmers.
    Greetings, Just wanted to say hello to all you simmers.

Ive been lurking on the forums for about 2 months I guess,I read the DD thread and really started working on owning the store.

Ive actually had the sims since 2013 and played a little but initially ignored the store and forums.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?

I have few EP/SPs so I cant rightly say which is my favorite,Im currently playing the base game while I work on owning the store.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

I love manipulating townfolk. Most playthroughs end up with my main sim breaking couples, firing the sims and other assorted mischief.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

I havent played with cheats . Just the overwatch,errortrap and decensor mods.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

hmm,.. well a trick i use when Im first starting is to sell off much of my first house for a little extra cash,trees,walls,railings,etc all get sold as Ill move or redecorate down the road anyways.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

No and that probably wont happen for a long time if ever.
  • Options
    Hello @EndUser :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums! The DD thread is a very helpful thread! I hope that you will soon own the store! I hope that you are able to get good deals for the items that you don't own!
    The tip to sell items in the first home that sims own to get extra cash is helpful information.
  • Options
    ScotsimScotsim Posts: 98 Member
    Hi All

I'm another long time simmer who is quite new to these forums. I haven't tried Sims 4 yet - I thought I'd wait until there were a few more EPs out and more stuff to do in it. I've got a lot of the Sims 3 store and there are just a couple of expansions I don't have - SN & Pets. I've been helped a lot in my quest to own the store by all the great threads about the daily deals and cascades etc. I don't have a lot left to get now.

I'm currently doing a legacy on Legacy Island III which has been great (thanks @Rflong7). I really did want to do it on Union Cove but even my beast of a PC was getting the dreaded Error 12.

Scotsim/caleddon
    Nothing to say for myself... as usual.
  • Options
    Scotsim wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm another long time simmer who is quite new to these forums. I haven't tried Sims 4 yet - I thought I'd wait until there were a few more EPs out and more stuff to do in it. I've got a lot of the Sims 3 store and there are just a couple of expansions I don't have - SN & Pets. I've been helped a lot in my quest to own the store by all the great threads about the daily deals and cascades etc. I don't have a lot left to get now.

I'm currently doing a legacy on Legacy Island III which has been great (thanks @Rflong7). I really did want to do it on Union Cove but even my beast of a PC was getting the dreaded Error 12.

Scotsim/caleddon

Hello @Scotsim :) Welcome to the forums! It is nice to meet you. It is great that you nearly own all the Sims 3 store! I hope that you are able to soon get the remaining items that you need to finish owning the store. The daily deals and other related threads are very helpful! Simmers are very kind to provide the helpful information on the threads. It is great that you are doing a Legacy on Legacy Island lll . It is very nice and enjoyable seeing the new generations of children and watching them growing up in our games.
  • Options
    ScotsimScotsim Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you @rosemow - I decided to join in here as I have some simpoints to gift with now... although my wretched ads have dried up again!
    Nothing to say for myself... as usual.
  • Options
    Scotsim wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow - I decided to join in here as I have some simpoints to gift with now... although my wretched ads have dried up again!

You're welcome :) It is very kind and thougtful of you to gift fellow simmers. I hope that the ads return for you!
  • Options
    audreydollaudreydoll Posts: 111 New Member
    Hi everyone, I am Audrey, nice to meet you all!
    I am not new to the sims, but haven't played and posted here since forever and thought I should try it again :)

My favorite EPs are Supernatural and Seasons. I absolutely love all the vintage/spooky build/buy objects that came with Supernatural and use them all the times in my house. I usually play old families in victorian manors or fairy cottages, so this EP is absolutely wonderful for my needs. I also couldn't imagine playing without Seasons as well. The game is so much prettier in Fall and Winter and I just love all the festivals features! I usually also play with pets (it adds so much to the game as well), generations and Late Night (though almost only for the pianos).

I am currently earning Simspoint and am planning to buy Midnight Hollow as I've always wanted to play in this world. It seems absolutely perfect for my gameplay and would go well with supernatural. Currently debating if I should buy the Golden or normal edition. Any advices/opinions are well appreciated!

I also couldn't get into the Sims 4 unfortunately. I feel like there's not enough content yet for it to be enjoyable.
  • Options
    audreydoll wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am Audrey, nice to meet you all!
    I am not new to the sims, but haven't played and posted here since forever and thought I should try it again :)

My favorite EPs are Supernatural and Seasons. I absolutely love all the vintage/spooky build/buy objects that came with Supernatural and use them all the times in my house. I usually play old families in victorian manors or fairy cottages, so this EP is absolutely wonderful for my needs. I also couldn't imagine playing without Seasons as well. The game is so much prettier in Fall and Winter and I just love all the festivals features! I usually also play with pets (it adds so much to the game as well), generations and Late Night (though almost only for the pianos).

I am currently earning Simspoint and am planning to buy Midnight Hollow as I've always wanted to play in this world. It seems absolutely perfect for my gameplay and would go well with supernatural. Currently debating if I should buy the Golden or normal edition. Any advices/opinions are well appreciated!

I also couldn't get into the Sims 4 unfortunately. I feel like there's not enough content yet for it to be enjoyable.

Hello @audreydoll :) It is nice to meet you. Seasons is a great sims 3 Ep! It is very nice seeing the different types of weather in the game, and having our sims enjoying doing the seasonal activities. The world landscapes for each of the seasons are so very nice! It is nice that the festivals change with every new season. It is fun having our sims visit the festivals and enjoy the various fun activities there!
    It is great that you are planning to purchase Midnight Hollow! If you could earn the points to get the gold edition, it would be great! You could then have the toy shop and toy machine. The Midnight Holow world would suit your game style very well!
    Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    LasireanLasirean Posts: 25 New Member
    Hello Everyone! I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time and decided it was time to introduce myself! My name is Carrie, I have been playing the Sims since it first came out. It's one of those games for that just never gets old! It's crazy how up until recently, I had no idea about the thriving community that goes along with the game! I've become obsessed with watching Lets Plays and scouring the forums. I am really hoping to become a part of this awesome community :)
  • Options
    Lasirean wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time and decided it was time to introduce myself! My name is Carrie, I have been playing the Sims since it first came out. It's one of those games for that just never gets old! It's crazy how up until recently, I had no idea about the thriving community that goes along with the game! I've become obsessed with watching Lets Plays and scouring the forums. I am really hoping to become a part of this awesome community :)

Hello @Lasirean :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you have been Simming since the release of sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time Simming, creating households , building homes and playing the sims in your game! It is enjoyable watching Simming YouTube videos! We can learn many helpful tips about playing the game by watching the videos.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads and enjoy posting about your Simming experiences!
  • Options
    AriesVePirasAriesVePiras Posts: 104 Member
    Hello, <3 my name is Ranee. First time posting here. Been playing The Sims, in most of its forms, since the beginning. I love the Sims, I even used to play The Sims Social on facebook, and dearly miss it. I tried a demo of Sims 4, but I honestly didn't find it that engaging, maybe because it was only the demo, I don't know. My fave expansion for The Sims 3 is Supernatural, and I'm currently gathering simpoints to purchase Midnight Hollow, it sounds perfect. I've collected most of the Gothique pieces/sets... :)
    My ads have dried up for the day I guess, but I'm gonna keep trying, lol. I'm very happy to be part of this forum board, thanks for having me!
  • Options
    AriesVePirasAriesVePiras Posts: 104 Member
    I don't know what happened to my full post. Anyways, I've been around for about 2 years on the forum, but first time posting. I love everything The Sims, have from the beginning, even the facebook game, which I miss alot. The Sims 4 demo didn't really draw me into the game, but I'm still checking into buying a copy. Currently I'm saving up Simspoints for Midnight Hollow Gold Edition, its going to be a long road, but worth it I think. Thanks for having me here!
  • Options

I don't know what happened to my full post. Anyways, I've been around for about 2 years on the forum, but first time posting. I love everything The Sims, have from the beginning, even the facebook game, which I miss alot. The Sims 4 demo didn't really draw me into the game, but I'm still checking into buying a copy. Currently I'm saving up Simspoints for Midnight Hollow Gold Edition, its going to be a long road, but worth it I think. Thanks for having me here!

Hello @AriesVePiras :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the posting on the forums! It is nice that you have been enjoying Simming simce the original sims 1 was released. Simming is fun! I hope that you will soon have the required points needed to be able to buy Midnight Hollow gold edition. You will enjoy having your sims live in the MH world when you are able to purchase it, as well as enjoying using the items that come with the world.
  • Options
    Angel_NorthAngel_North Posts: 65 Member
    My favorite EP are Generations because I absolutely love playing with the full range of baby thru adult and the world adventures because I have so much fun going on the scavenger hunts thru the tombs and new places. My favorite mod is NRAAS portrait panel because when I do baby challenges it gets so crazy hectic when you have 20 babies in the house. lol
    rM9I0vYaxyLKm4VsZ1Mg8FQL1CPq6MQmG46iB1tCy89VLdTgHPAtia2Dg7e-2De_SepOHzEaYbu-jZ3ZPcevvfAT6jYIc3WnKO0-xOWBvufkiFsmK6lj9pymhWw71dEIET3sPn1pyjs6N38IvmBMdKAEIN3YE5PStBvUJXahotgYHnk8Uu3SUCSJOmm1D_EK14hbOu9cf_tnFz0udrCq1ke3rteYwsue5KeJ5fi15iEYS3KoDL1tFiJ5mGlPpzjtHjxxR6yIpeMr0G5HDqhoazF9dD7I_9y-u4ejtawz6n1UEL0rvWyIyGmfdcDb6wfOBVm1sOa4Nt1PNxRXc_3I4mQcfgk_ukOXgGefLb8LSNQWVpj1X9XHjl2svIrLb0Sl1t6CDWgGAhwC5of2BYBpEiJHOFQEfpeOI8R3txnHLAGqw6PMGpZ11MQrbMbJFnoF3HILC8ZEkGErj0eX3EaFiOlgzaGgJ2FyzNPWMFFBGqVrofzlpmzNorME4NKeen2ems5vRA8X6IGS7_7OJ9v6P7HW1Rcl0tB3PNii9aR6kVuccVRG38hwos_ORUCyuoUlkVaXaVibyhGEJdHcg1Tvqp4SWkqZGes=w1275-h717-no
  • Options
    Angel_NorthAngel_North Posts: 65 Member
    I love sims three because the amount of extra content really enriches the game play. I did by sims 4 as well however and I love that two. Sims 4 has a ways to go to reach the content level of sims 3 but there are some really amazing benefits to playing sims 4 and it has plenty of room to grow. I love how much more life like my sims feel and interact. I wasn't in love with the load screens to begin with but having gotten used to them I realize, it doesn't take that much longer than "driving" took in sims 3, you just don't get to watch so it feels more like waiting. When I play sims three and I am active and moving around town I can spend half of my sim day just getting from place to place. I think both are great. Strangely, sometimes it feels like playing two different games. I decide which one to play that day based on what I am looking for in my game play at that time. Sorry to ramble. Short story...I love them both. :smiley:
    rM9I0vYaxyLKm4VsZ1Mg8FQL1CPq6MQmG46iB1tCy89VLdTgHPAtia2Dg7e-2De_SepOHzEaYbu-jZ3ZPcevvfAT6jYIc3WnKO0-xOWBvufkiFsmK6lj9pymhWw71dEIET3sPn1pyjs6N38IvmBMdKAEIN3YE5PStBvUJXahotgYHnk8Uu3SUCSJOmm1D_EK14hbOu9cf_tnFz0udrCq1ke3rteYwsue5KeJ5fi15iEYS3KoDL1tFiJ5mGlPpzjtHjxxR6yIpeMr0G5HDqhoazF9dD7I_9y-u4ejtawz6n1UEL0rvWyIyGmfdcDb6wfOBVm1sOa4Nt1PNxRXc_3I4mQcfgk_ukOXgGefLb8LSNQWVpj1X9XHjl2svIrLb0Sl1t6CDWgGAhwC5of2BYBpEiJHOFQEfpeOI8R3txnHLAGqw6PMGpZ11MQrbMbJFnoF3HILC8ZEkGErj0eX3EaFiOlgzaGgJ2FyzNPWMFFBGqVrofzlpmzNorME4NKeen2ems5vRA8X6IGS7_7OJ9v6P7HW1Rcl0tB3PNii9aR6kVuccVRG38hwos_ORUCyuoUlkVaXaVibyhGEJdHcg1Tvqp4SWkqZGes=w1275-h717-no
  • Options
    My favorite EP are Generations because I absolutely love playing with the full range of baby thru adult and the world adventures because I have so much fun going on the scavenger hunts thru the tombs and new places. My favorite mod is NRAAS portrait panel because when I do baby challenges it gets so crazy hectic when you have 20 babies in the house. lol

Hello @Angel_North :) It is nice to meet you. Generations and World Adventures are great Sims 3 eps! The builld/buy mode items that came with Generations are great! It is enjoyable having our sims visit the three WA worlds and go on adventures! The landscape and types of ventures of each of them are very different and are very nice for our sims to see and experience the diferent types of worlds. It is very nice for our sims to make new friends with sims from the worlds.
  • Options
    Nora_675Nora_675 Posts: 65 Member
    Hi I'm Nóra,

I'm an old member coming back again with a new account as my old email was hacked. I never got involed with welcome threads before so thought I'd come and introduce myself this time around.

My favourite EP? That's a tricky one, there's probably 3. I love World Adventures as it's great to jet off to a new location when your normal town gets a bit dull. I also love supernatural and generations as I feel they add some really neat features that liven up simmy interactions.

I love the open world of the sims 3, I think I was must some deep seated dislike of loading screens!

I play with ALOT of mods. I really couldn't be without NRaas Master Controller or Debugenabler. It sounds daft but I also love Nona's superhamper as form some reason my sims seem to have a really hard time staying on task when it comes to doing laundry!

I do have one trick which has been a revelation and could be useful to other builders out there. Nraas Debugenabler allows you to pretty much set the height off the floor you can place an object. Brilliantly useful when it comes to decorating buildings.

I haven't bought the sims 4. I might wait for the sims 5.

Anyway it's great the be back.
    Nóra xx
  • Options
    Nora_675 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Nóra,

I'm an old member coming back again with a new account as my old email was hacked. I never got involed with welcome threads before so thought I'd come and introduce myself this time around.

My favourite EP? That's a tricky one, there's probably 3. I love World Adventures as it's great to jet off to a new location when your normal town gets a bit dull. I also love supernatural and generations as I feel they add some really neat features that liven up simmy interactions.

I love the open world of the sims 3, I think I was must some deep seated dislike of loading screens!

I play with ALOT of mods. I really couldn't be without NRaas Master Controller or Debugenabler. It sounds daft but I also love Nona's superhamper as form some reason my sims seem to have a really hard time staying on task when it comes to doing laundry!

I do have one trick which has been a revelation and could be useful to other builders out there. Nraas Debugenabler allows you to pretty much set the height off the floor you can place an object. Brilliantly useful when it comes to decorating buildings.

I haven't bought the sims 4. I might wait for the sims 5.

Anyway it's great the be back.
    Nóra xx

Hello @Nora_675 :) I have posted to you on the other thread, but just wanted to say " happy simmng" again to you. :)
    World Adventures, Generations and Supernatural eps add enjoyable and fun features, furnishing items and worlds to the game! It is enjoyable having our sims go on adventuring vacations to the other worlds!
    Your tip about using the Nraas Debugenabler is very helpful!
    Happy Simming and welcome back! :)
  • Options
    Lutti88Lutti88 Posts: 10 New Member
    I have already introduced myself in another thread. In addition, I would say that my favorite EP is The Sims 4, for a visual reason. I find the cartoon-style of the textures very pleasant. The gallery is also a great thing, it eases the sharing of lots.

Hi @Nora675 ! I also like the open world of the Sims 3 but I couldn't resist to get the Sims 4. The loading screens don't bother me, that's because I spend a lot of time on building mode :p It also reminds me the Sims 2, the first EP I have played!