Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    MonasuniverseMonasuniverse Posts: 18 New Member
    So, like I said....
    Hey, y'all! I'm Mona! I've been playing Sims since... I can remember!
  • Options
    -_- why is it only posting the first line?
  • Options
    I'll try posting individually..
  • Options
    I just got Seasons yesterday and am debating on one more to get (after all, it is payday!)... maybe pets? I'm dying for a horse!
  • Options
    Okay, this forum just doesn't like me. It posts like 1/4th of what I wrote. :(
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,627 Member
    Hello @Monasuniverse :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums. It is great that you bought Seasons EP yesterday! It is a great EP to have in your game. It is enjoyable seeing the different types of weather occurring in the game, and it is fun having our sims doing the seasonal activities.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    BoogaraBoogara Posts: 17 Member
    I finally got the Sims 3 starter pack. I wasn't gonna install it on my laptop cause I don't think my laptop has the right stuff to play it right, but I couldn't help it haha. I've order some more eps like pets and seasons but I will have to wait to play them until I someday get a better pc haha.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? Pets will probably end up being a favorite. I love animals and being able to have all the little critters like snakes and such sounds awesome!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? I don't really know. I just like making a sim and going from there and having them marry and have kids and stuff.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I do the testingcheatsenabled true, so that I can keep the sims motives up.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Don't think so.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? No I haven't

I also have a question. I only have late night and high end stuff installed, but my sims can have body hair? I thought you had to have generations to have body hair. I also have memories too.
  • Options
    Boogara wrote: »
    I finally got the Sims 3 starter pack. I wasn't gonna install it on my laptop cause I don't think my laptop has the right stuff to play it right, but I couldn't help it haha. I've order some more eps like pets and seasons but I will have to wait to play them until I someday get a better pc haha.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? Pets will probably end up being a favorite. I love animals and being able to have all the little critters like snakes and such sounds awesome!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? I don't really know. I just like making a sim and going from there and having them marry and have kids and stuff.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I do the testingcheatsenabled true, so that I can keep the sims motives up.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Don't think so.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? No I haven't

I also have a question. I only have late night and high end stuff installed, but my sims can have body hair? I thought you had to have generations to have body hair. I also have memories too.

Hello @Boogara. :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have bought the Sims 3 Starter pack and are enjoying playing the game. I hope that in the future you will be able to get a new computer that will enable you to play the eps that put a heavier demand on the computer to run them in your game.

Your sims can have body hair and you can also have memories in your game. These features were included in a game patch so as all simmers can have them, whatever EP or stuff packs that they own.
    Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    BoogaraBoogara Posts: 17 Member
    Thank you @rosemow. Okay cool, I was thinking that was what it was but wasn't sure.
  • Options
  • Options
    simmy_sanesimmy_sane Posts: 52 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?:

"Get Together" is fantastic with all the clubs. Not a big fan of "Outdoors" because my Sims always seem to have stressful holidays.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?:

No "real life" awful people or incidents. Just Sims living normal lives.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?:

None, that would ruin it for me completely.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?:

Can't think of any now.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?:

Yes, I only play TS4 now. I like the improved interface and options since TS1, aging processes, clubs and how quickly you can build up a career by being in clubs and doing stuff together. Also, you no longer need a certain amount of friends to advance in your career. I'd like it if Sims had their own cars, though, and the game generated more teenagers; I often have romantic Sim teens who just can't find a date.
  • Options
    simmy_sane wrote: »
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?:

"Get Together" is fantastic with all the clubs. Not a big fan of "Outdoors" because my Sims always seem to have stressful holidays.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?:

No "real life" awful people or incidents. Just Sims living normal lives.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?:

None, that would ruin it for me completely.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?:

Can't think of any now.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?:

Yes, I only play TS4 now. I like the improved interface and options since TS1, aging processes, clubs and how quickly you can build up a career by being in clubs and doing stuff together. Also, you no longer need a certain amount of friends to advance in your career. I'd like it if Sims had their own cars, though, and the game generated more teenagers; I often have romantic Sim teens who just can't find a date.

Hello @simmy_sane :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Get Together is a great EP! The clubs are a great feature that the pack has brought to the game. It is enjoyable creating a variety of diiferent types of clubs and having our sims join gatherings and do activities with other sims. Windenburg is a very nice world. It is fun seeing our sims enjoying dancing to the DJ booth music!
  • Options
    simmy_sanesimmy_sane Posts: 52 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > simmy_sane wrote: »
    >
    > 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?:
    >
    > "Get Together" is fantastic with all the clubs. Not a big fan of "Outdoors" because my Sims always seem to have stressful holidays.
    >
    > 2. What is your favorite thing about the game?:
    >
    > No "real life" awful people or incidents. Just Sims living normal lives.
    >
    > 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?:
    >
    > None, that would ruin it for me completely.
    >
    > 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?:
    >
    > Can't think of any now.
    >
    > 5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?:
    >
    > Yes, I only play TS4 now. I like the improved interface and options since TS1, aging processes, clubs and how quickly you can build up a career by being in clubs and doing stuff together. Also, you no longer need a certain amount of friends to advance in your career. I'd like it if Sims had their own cars, though, and the game generated more teenagers; I often have romantic Sim teens who just can't find a date.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @simmy_sane :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > Get Together is a great EP! The clubs are a great feature that the pack has brought to the game. It is enjoyable creating a variety of diiferent types of clubs and having our sims join gatherings and do activities with other sims. Windenburg is a very nice world. It is fun seeing our sims enjoying dancing to the DJ booth music!
    > Happy simming! :)

@rosemow: Thanks! While I'm not yet allowed to create posts, can I just ask if it's possible to get a Sim in a relationship with the Grim Reaper? He or she hangs out at some of my Sims' social gatherings all the time and is, mostly, a romantic Sim. It would be kind of fun to see the GR get married and have kids. :smiley:
  • Options
    simmy_sane wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > simmy_sane wrote: »
    >
    > 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?:
    >
    > "Get Together" is fantastic with all the clubs. Not a big fan of "Outdoors" because my Sims always seem to have stressful holidays.
    >
    > 2. What is your favorite thing about the game?:
    >
    > No "real life" awful people or incidents. Just Sims living normal lives.
    >
    > 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?:
    >
    > None, that would ruin it for me completely.
    >
    > 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?:
    >
    > Can't think of any now.
    >
    > 5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?:
    >
    > Yes, I only play TS4 now. I like the improved interface and options since TS1, aging processes, clubs and how quickly you can build up a career by being in clubs and doing stuff together. Also, you no longer need a certain amount of friends to advance in your career. I'd like it if Sims had their own cars, though, and the game generated more teenagers; I often have romantic Sim teens who just can't find a date.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @simmy_sane :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > Get Together is a great EP! The clubs are a great feature that the pack has brought to the game. It is enjoyable creating a variety of diiferent types of clubs and having our sims join gatherings and do activities with other sims. Windenburg is a very nice world. It is fun seeing our sims enjoying dancing to the DJ booth music!
    > Happy simming! :)

@rosemow: Thanks! While I'm not yet allowed to create posts, can I just ask if it's possible to get a Sim in a relationship with the Grim Reaper? He or she hangs out at some of my Sims' social gatherings all the time and is, mostly, a romantic Sim. It would be kind of fun to see the GR get married and have kids. :smiley:

Hello,
    Your sim can flirt with the Grim Reaper but are unable to do other romance interactions.
  • Options
    JanaTheAnimeNerdJanaTheAnimeNerd Posts: 103 Member
    I am just new to the forums. I have had some experience with other sims games. I do wonder what EP they will make next for TS4? Am I allowed to ask? My favorite thing about Sims is the feeling it gives me, it just in general cheers me up. :)
    "You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong." -Unknown
    "Everything happens for a reason no matter how bad it is." -Unknown
    "Fitting in? Screw that. I am me and I'm proud." -Unknown
  • Options
    I am just new to the forums. I have had some experience with other sims games. I do wonder what EP they will make next for TS4? Am I allowed to ask? My favorite thing about Sims is the feeling it gives me, it just in general cheers me up. :)

Hello @JanaTheAnimeNerd :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " hello" and " happy simming" to you again. :)
    This is a link to a news announcement and video about Sims 4 packs that will be released in Spring and Summer.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884785/a-look-ahead-for-spring-early-summer-2016#latest
  • Options
    JanaTheAnimeNerdJanaTheAnimeNerd Posts: 103 Member
    @rosemow Thanks! I am super greatful for your help. ^-^ Happy simming to you as well. :)
    "You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong." -Unknown
    "Everything happens for a reason no matter how bad it is." -Unknown
    "Fitting in? Screw that. I am me and I'm proud." -Unknown
  • Options
    AsfastrAsfastr Posts: 80 Member
    Hi, everyone! I'm not new to the game, but I'm new to the forum and the store.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    I love the idea of playing with pets, even though I don't use them that often. Generations brought a lot of interactions that I enjoyed too. I like the bars, apartments, and stuff that came with Late Night. Seasons is probably my favourite because I really like things like playing around in the snow, and I visit the festivals all the time. On the other hand, aliens can be a bit annoying. I always have a sim (especially plumbots) that gets abducted 1+ times a week xD

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I usually only use cheats when I have to fix a bug or I want to play a specific scenario. I have a huge amount of mods, though.
  • Options
    Asfastr wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! I'm not new to the game, but I'm new to the forum and the store.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    I love the idea of playing with pets, even though I don't use them that often. Generations brought a lot of interactions that I enjoyed too. I like the bars, apartments, and stuff that came with Late Night. Seasons is probably my favourite because I really like things like playing around in the snow, and I visit the festivals all the time. On the other hand, aliens can be a bit annoying. I always have a sim (especially plumbots) that gets abducted 1+ times a week xD

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I usually only use cheats when I have to fix a bug or I want to play a specific scenario. I have a huge amount of mods, though.

Hello @Asfastr :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! The eps that you have posted about are great sims 3 eps to have in our games! Seasons brought many enjoyable features to the game. It is nice seeing the different types of weather, and having our sims doing different activities depending on the season. The changing types of seasonal festivals are fun for our sims to enjoy visiting.
  • Options
    AsfastrAsfastr Posts: 80 Member
    Indeed :) It's also nice that you can customize which season you want and how long you want them to last. No winter in Lucky Palms, tons of snow in Moonlight Falls.
    Happy simming to you too! :smile:
  • Options
    mochachina1mochachina1 Posts: 34 Member
    Hello guys, I also am not new to the sims, but am new to posting on the forums. It is difficult to say which EP is my favorite, the top 4 would probably be Seasons, University, Pets, and Generations since I use them all the time. SP favorites are probably Outdoor Living, Master Suite, and Diesel stuff, since I use those most often. I am very pleased to meet you all and happy simming.
  • Options
    Hello guys, I also am not new to the sims, but am new to posting on the forums. It is difficult to say which EP is my favorite, the top 4 would probably be Seasons, University, Pets, and Generations since I use them all the time. SP favorites are probably Outdoor Living, Master Suite, and Diesel stuff, since I use those most often. I am very pleased to meet you all and happy simming.

Hello @mochachina1 :) Welcome to the forums! It is nice to meet you too. The eps and stuff packs that are your favourite ones are all very great packs to have in our games! They add very nice CAS and build /buy mode items to our games, as well as adding many enjoyable features and activities for our sims to do or places to visit or live in.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm new to posting on the forums but I've been stalking them for months now. I've played Sims 1 through 3 on and off throughout the years. And since the closing of the Sims 2 site and the release of Sims 4, I've been collecting all the Sims 3 discs I can find. I know I'm really late coming into the game at this point. I work at a store where I get a 10% employee discount and I earn points by purchasing groceries and such. My last sp and ep were paid for with points I had saved. B)
    I'm still learning all the aspects of this game, but I think my favorite eps are world adventure and pets. I've always loved anything adventure-y or ancient, and I've always wanted a horse lol. The open world is probably one of the coolest things about this series. But, I think my all time favorite thing to do is build. I can get lost for hours building and designing or remodeling premade Maxis houses. I do use cheats occasionally, mostly build cheats are my favorite.
    I guess the best tip I have is to definitely read threads like the DD and cascade thread and anything related to keeping your game running smoothly. I've learned a lot from the amazing people who still love this game, and I currently have no plans to buy the Sims 4. From what I've read it doesn't really have the freedom that the Sims 3 has ,and of course the price is a factor.
    <3 And finally, I would like to give a big Thank You!!!! to @MvdP1989 , @scillakees and @angeljess26 for the wonderful gifts from my wish list!! I just got here and I'm already receiving presents! <3 (I know there's a thank you board but I don't think I can post a new thread yet.)
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I don't mean to double post but the bottom of my last post got cut off. There must be a character limit for new members. Anyway, what got cut off was a big Thank You!!!! to @angeljess26, @MvdP1989 and @scillakees for the wonderful gifts from my wish list. <3 I just got here and I'm already receiving presents! <3 (I know there's a thank you board but I don't think I can start new threads yet)