Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    norhanenorhane Posts: 32 Member
    hiii am so happy I joined the forum :)
    I had the sims 3 base game only, as soon as I decide to buy any EP/SP the sims 4 was out so I bought it instead :D
    I loved the gameplay of TS3 more than TS4, and am willing get an ep for TS3 soon, but the CAS of TS4 is amazing, I spend a lot of time making sims
    I use cheats, such as motherlode (of course) also moveobjects and cas.fulleditmode
    what I like about the game the most is the fact to able to create lives, making stories and such things
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,627 Member
    Hello @norhane :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    The sims 4 CAS tools are very enjoyable to use as we are creating our sims! It is fun creating sims and choosing what outfits that they will wear for the different categories of clothing. Then it is enjoyable having them in our games and watching them live and progress through their sims life! The moo cheat is very helpful! It helps us to express our creativity in a variety of creative ways.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    jlbeahmjlbeahm Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi! New to the forum, but long time Sims addict lol

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?

I loved all of the expansion packs - but I really enjoyed having beaches, so i'd go with Island Paradise. I know we kind of have beaches in Windenburg, but hope eventually they will add more of a beach life to the game :)

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

Building, building & more building! Building a house or community lot in the sims is so relaxing for me.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

-Moveobjects on
    -showhiddenobjects
    -Motherlode

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

Not that I can think of...

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

Yes. I love the detail in TS4 - from Create a Sim to Build Mode. My least favorite - I wish they would bring back create a style. I LOVED having so many options. I feel we don't have enough options now. A lot of things don't really go well together - so then builds just start to look the same. Still love the game though! Just wish we really had the create a style back!
  • Options
    KenzReKenzRe Posts: 68 Member
    Trying to become member so I can begin doing competitions again.(I lost my account password and don't remember the email associated with it)

What I really want back in the Sims is Toddlers and CAS. CAS made things look so much better, and although I hate the game play of Sims 4. ( I find it to be very boring and I can't play the game for more than an hour at a time.) It does better graphics for the sims. They do look more realistic.
  • Options
    Hello @jlbeahm :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simmng" to you again :)
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is enjoyable designing homes and venues then bringing our build ideas into sims game form! The cheats that you have posted are very helpful when doing our builds. They help us to express our creativity in a variety of ways as we have fun building. The roofing tool in sims 4 is great!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    KenzRe wrote: »
    Trying to become member so I can begin doing competitions again.(I lost my account password and don't remember the email associated with it)

What I really want back in the Sims is Toddlers and CAS. CAS made things look so much better, and although I hate the game play of Sims 4. ( I find it to be very boring and I can't play the game for more than an hour at a time.) It does better graphics for the sims. They do look more realistic.

Hello @Kenzre :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " hello" to you again :)
    I hope that you will soon become a full member and can then post pictures and links for contests.
    Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures or links, but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and paste the image address link here, but break the image code link up, such as putting h.tt.p.
    Simmers on the contest threads can then put the codes back together and post the pictures for you.
  • Options
    jlbeahmjlbeahm Posts: 13 New Member
    @rosemow Thanks for the warm welcome! The roofing tool is pretty cool. I can't wait to become a member so I can share my builds!
  • Options
    jlbeahm wrote: »
    @rosemow Thanks for the warm welcome! The roofing tool is pretty cool. I can't wait to become a member so I can share my builds!

You're welcome :) I will look forward to seeing pictures of your builds!
  • Options
    darlynmommy2jddarlynmommy2jd Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! I have been playing the Sims 3 for few years off and on. Until recently I was still playing Sims 2 since I had so many expansion and stuff packs. This year I have been finally getting new stuff for my Sims 3 game and am playing daily! So far my favorite expansion pack is World Adventures. I have Showtime & Late Night too but World Adventures is so much fun! I love traveling to new places because I get tired of the regular townies! :) I will admit it, I play with cheats! Sometimes I don't but its rare! Outside of the obvious money cheats, I use the MoveObjects cheat A LOT!!! My sims get stuck or refuse to move so I move them or delete a NPC. Mean I know! :) Plus I always move relationships up manually because I'm impatient! LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Hi! I have been playing the Sims 3 for few years off and on. Until recently I was still playing Sims 2 since I had so many expansion and stuff packs. This year I have been finally getting new stuff for my Sims 3 game and am playing daily! So far my favorite expansion pack is World Adventures. I have Showtime & Late Night too but World Adventures is so much fun! I love traveling to new places because I get tired of the regular townies! :) I will admit it, I play with cheats! Sometimes I don't but its rare! Outside of the obvious money cheats, I use the MoveObjects cheat A LOT!!! My sims get stuck or refuse to move so I move them or delete a NPC. Mean I know! :) Plus I always move relationships up manually because I'm impatient! LOL

Hello @darlynmommy2jd :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! World adventures is a great sims 3 Ep! It is enjoyable having our sims travel to the worlds and go on the various adventures! The landscapes of each of the three worlds are very different, and it is enjoyable seeing the diferrent types of housing and buildings there.
    Cheats are very helpful in the game! They help us when game issues occur, as well as helping our sims buy and furnish homes that they can't afford. Moo helps us to express our creativity in our builds.
  • Options
    LoveGirlLoveGirl Posts: 38 Member
    Hello, everyone! I'm a long time Sim player (since the first game) and have been playing TS3 since it's release. I just recently discovered this forum and I'm so happy to have found it. I love the Ambitions EP because it opened up a lot of careers and self-employment! University is a really fun one too and I hope to get Island Paradise & World Adventures soon! I do use cheats-- I always have my needs set to static via testingCheats. I can't help it. :blush: I want my Sim to sit on the couch and read a book to learn their cooking skills without having to get up to do a million things! I also use moveobjects to decorate and very rarely the movie maker cheat for picture purposes. I absolutely love decorating houses and building-- though I'm not that great at laying out houses. I always make the rooms way too big! I have not purchased TS4 and don't intend to for a while. I'm quite content with TS3 and I haven't even gotten half of what I'm able to! Anyway, I'm looking very forward to meeting all of you!
    LoveGirl89 in TS3 Store
  • Options
    LoveGirl wrote: »
    Hello, everyone! I'm a long time Sim player (since the first game) and have been playing TS3 since it's release. I just recently discovered this forum and I'm so happy to have found it. I love the Ambitions EP because it opened up a lot of careers and self-employment! University is a really fun one too and I hope to get Island Paradise & World Adventures soon! I do use cheats-- I always have my needs set to static via testingCheats. I can't help it. :blush: I want my Sim to sit on the couch and read a book to learn their cooking skills without having to get up to do a million things! I also use moveobjects to decorate and very rarely the movie maker cheat for picture purposes. I absolutely love decorating houses and building-- though I'm not that great at laying out houses. I always make the rooms way too big! I have not purchased TS4 and don't intend to for a while. I'm quite content with TS3 and I haven't even gotten half of what I'm able to! Anyway, I'm looking very forward to meeting all of you!

Hello @LoveGirl :) It is nice to meet you too . Welcome to the forums! It is nice that you have been playing the sims since the original sins 1. Ambitions is a great sims 3 Ep! Having our sims being self employed is great, and having the EP allows us to have our sims pursue a variety of different type of jobs. It is enjoyable going with our sims to university and seeing them study to achieve their degree, as well as taking part in uni activities whilst at the uni world. It is exciting seeing them graduate! Cheats are very helpful to use in our game! Furnishing our homes and venues is a fun and enjoyable part of simming! It is great that we can furnish to suit a variety of styles and themes.
  • Options
    GryffindorkGryffindork Posts: 17 Member
    Hi guys! I just posted in the main introduction thread before I found this one... so I'll re-introduce myself here! My name is Sam. I'm a recently-graduated English major who loves cats, writing, sports, and Harry Potter. Oh, and I'm also addicted to The Sims 3. Here are my Q&A's:

I'm a big fan of Seasons and Generations, but my all-time favourite is World Adventures (dat scenery).

I love the storytelling aspect. Letting your sims run wild on Free Will is a good way to break through writer's block, but it's nice to be able to direct the flow of events as well.

I mainly play a legacy challenge, which means no cheats. But I do use testingcheatsenabled, moveobjects, and hideheadlineeffects when necessary. I also play with some mods to keep everything in order because my save file is so big!

I don't think I know anything that the rest of you don't already know.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I did buy it! But I've probably played it for a total of 2 hours. It's just so... limited right now, it feels like a step back after playing TS3 with all its expansions. But I bet I'll get into it eventually.
  • Options
    Hello @Gryffindork :) I have posted to you in the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simmng " again :)
    World Adventures is a great sims 3 expansion pack! The landscapes of each of the worlds are very nice and are very different from one another and the rest of the game worlds. It is fun having our sims going on adventures in the worlds!
    Moo is a very helpful cheat! It helps us to express our creativity in a variety of different ways! Cheats are helpful to use when issues arrive in our game.
    I hope that you have a very nice weekend! :)
  • Options
    LadyLuxLadyLux Posts: 34 Member
    Hey! New member here. Just popping by to say hello. I'm Lux. I love to write, game, and dote on my kitty cats.

Open for Business for sure! I'm a sucker for strategy and time management kind of games, and this is the closest the Sims gets to that. I love the unstructured nature of the Sims, but I also really enjoy challenges and goals and... yeah. I'm a dork.

I suppose it's like barbies for grown-ups. Or, almost-grown ups ;). I have never tired of make believe, my methods have just changed.

Nah. I have a couple of (vanity) CC downloaded though.

Nope!

• Options
    LadyLuxLadyLux Posts: 34 Member
    Oh oops! Posted a bit prematurely there (sorry!)
    I love the Sims 4 actually. Like many others I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of toddlers (I shan't give up hope). I'd also LOVE a University EP and a proper teenage stage.
  • Options
    Hello @LadyLux :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Doing challenges is a very enjoyable and fun part of Simming! It helps us to play the game in different ways to how we normally play the game. It is nice that you are enjoying playing Sims 4. The new CAS tools are great to use when we are creating sims! The sims 4 eps, game and stuff packs add great features, activities and build/buy mode and CAS items to our games.
    Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    Hi everyone, semi new member here. (I just haven't had the time to post). o:)
  • Options
    Jaysims wrote: »
    Hi everyone, semi new member here. (I just haven't had the time to post). o:)

Hello @Jaysims :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that you have started posting on the forums. I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, learn new helpful information about the game and enjoy posting about your simmimg experiences.
  • Options
    _Abigaill__Abigaill_ Posts: 72 Member
    Hi! My name is Abigail, as you can see <3

My favorite would have to be Generations.

I like the variety of actions and how I can play it over and over again.

No, not really, but with buy/build mode I live to use moveobjects on.

Nopeee.

Yes I did! I like the fact that you can multitask but I think that there could be more CAS items and build/buy stuff.
    Wishlist
    Top 5
  • Options
    _Abigaill_ wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Abigail, as you can see

Hello @_Abigaill_ :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers and enjoy posting posts!
  • Options
    zero2nonezero2none Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I'm Hope, and I've been playing The Sims for a while now, but have never really posted on the forums before :)

I bought pretty much all the EPs for TS3, and my favourite tends to alternate between Supernatural and Pets, mostly because I adored being able to ride horses, and I'm a total nerd when it comes to magic-y fantasy type things :p My favourite EP for TS4 is definitely Get To Work, although I don't think it's anywhere near as good as any of the TS3 ones.

I love creating stories for my sims, and putting them in new and interesting situations :)

Sometimes I use money and needs cheats, occassionally object-unlocky cheats, but I generally prefer to play the game cheat free. I also use resetobject/sim when the game gets stuck, but that doesn't really count :p

I did, and I love the new moodlets system, but the lack of content is frustrating >:[
  • Options
    Hello @zero2none :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Pets is a great sims 3 Ep! It is nice having horses, dogs and cats as part of the households of our sims. Unicorns are very special and pretty animals in the game!
    The new careers that came with Get to Work are very enjoyable and fun! It is nice joining our sims whilst they are working at their career lot venue and watching them doing their work tasks. It great that our sims can open and run retail stores selling a wide variety of items.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads and posting posts!
    Happy simmng! :)
  • Options
    MonasuniverseMonasuniverse Posts: 18 New Member
    Hey, y'all! I'm Mona! I've been playing Sims since... I can remember!
  • Options
    MonasuniverseMonasuniverse Posts: 18 New Member
    OMG! I wrote so much and it didn't post!