Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    Hello @emsterissocool :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy Simming! " again. The sims 3 Supernatural EP brought great different types of sims into the game! The fairies are very nice, and it is great that each of the different types of supernatural sims brought with them their own features, interactions and characteristics.
    I am sorry that you lost your sims 4 folder when you switched computers :(
    You may like to install MC Command Center mod in your game. It resembles some of the sims 3 mods. It contains many features/functions.
    MC Command Center
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here
    Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    marildmmarildm Posts: 49 Member
    2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

My favorite thing is that I can be who I want, create the sim your way :)
  • Options
    marildm wrote: »

My favorite thing is that I can be who I want, create the sim your way :)

Hello @marildm :) It is nice that we can create a variety of different sims and enjoy smiling with them when they are happy, or empathise with them when they are sad. As they do activities in the game, we share with them as they are doing it.
  • Options
    emsterissocoolemsterissocool Posts: 20 New Member
    @rosemow Thanks a bunch for that link, I'll check it out right now!
  • Options
    autumndivonaautumndivona Posts: 68 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?

Supernatural, because I love supernatural living in general. "Makin' Magic" was my favorite EP back with the original Sims. The vampires and fairies have been fun to play with, too.

Being a goddess. Mwahahaha! But, seriously, hitting certain goals/earning achievements, and playing some of the challenges available. I'm a huge fan of the asylum challenge.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

No mods, no cheats unless I'm having a serious problem (like zombies spawning in my fenced-in garden - shame on them!).

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

Not that I can think of.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

I did not and do not plan to any time soon. It'll be like D&D 4th Edition for me - thanks, but no thanks. I'll wait for them to fix everything that was messed up by going to something like "Sims Next." ;)
    ~writer/author, genealogist, and Sim tormentor~
  • Options
    Hello @autumndivona :) I have posted to you on the other " hello" thread, but just wanted to say " happy Simming! " to you again :)
    I hope that you are having a very nice weekend!
  • Options
    autumndivonaautumndivona Posts: 68 Member
    Aw, thank you very much, @rosemow - you are a very gracious and welcoming member. :)
    ~writer/author, genealogist, and Sim tormentor~
  • Options
    Stye26Stye26 Posts: 2 New Member
    Heya!
    I have been a lurker for a while, but it would be nice to actually present myself and get to know you guys since it's a nice community in there. :)
    I've started playing the Sims a good while ago in France, I think it was the original Sims, and had an on-off relationship with the different versions since I like jumping from games to games. I went back to Sims 3 couple of month ago when I saw the EP on sale on Steam, went into the CC-rabbit hole and finally got my hands on Sims 4 for the anniversary. TS is a good way for me to stay away from actual shops, and don't feel ashamed to spent 5 hours straight playing it in my pyjamas on weekends. Other than that, I'm a Frenchie living in Ireland for a long long time now, and I aim to be as good as a cook as my Sim.

To answer the questions!
    Sims 3 Pets, you don't top cats and dogs. Because of the customization options, the pets' personalities and so on, since I can't have pets IRL at the moment, it was nice to pretend I have a genius corgi. This said, I've never gotten all EP (money-reasons) but it is the one that got me having most fun, with University coming close-second. I'm hoping to get my hands on the Get Together, but I'm waiting on the next paycheck :D

Beside the addictiveness, the endless customization and the CC-community. I miss a lot of the Sims 3 custom option in Sims 4, but I love the house build that became so much easier. I do love how to EP brings so much in terms of activity and options available. It is a nice break from other types of games for me.

Motherlode only. Haven't touched the other ones yet, I have never looked much into it.

Always save your game file in another folder, especially for CC-addicts like me. I've lost several on-going families because of it, especially on Sims 3.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yup, thanks to the anniversary discount! I love the fact it's easier to build and customize houses for noobs like me, I love CC but I am no creator (I don't have the patience). I just discovers the community library and it is awesome. I enjoy the different moodlets, paints and emotional aura. Plus the faster loading time. The switch from TS3 to TS4 was rough, but I don't regret it.

The less fun stuff: god I miss the color wheel and patterns for item and build mode, I fell like it is more restrictive in terms for creativity. I am not a fan of the mini-cities and having to jump from town to town for activities, but I am eagerly awaiting for the other big expansions since I miss the University/Pets EP.

That's it! :)
  • Options
    Hello @Stye26 :) It is nice to meet you. Sims 3 Pets EP is a great pack! It is fun having dogs, cats and horses as a part of our sims households. The unicorns are very special to see in the game as well.
    There are many talented cc makers in the Simming community! It is very kind and thoughtful of them to create cc/mods and share them with fellow simmers so that we can all enjoy using the cc in our games. It is fun looking at diferent sites and seeing the new cc that has been created!
    The new building tools in sims 4 are very helpful to use when building homes. The roofing tool and other bulld mode tolls allows us to express our creativity in a variety of new ways. It is also enjoyable downloading homes that simmers have uploaded to the gallery.
  • Options
    Stye26Stye26 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey @rosemow, thanks for the warm welcome, it's nice to see this :)
    I agree about the CC community, I came across so many talent creators on TSR and Tumblr, maybe one day I'll kick myself in the backside and try something. But I'll carry on discovering TS4 first. Have a nice day o/
  • Options
    Amberjet6Amberjet6 Posts: 58 Member
    Hi all, I'm mostly a lurker here (was much more active on the Sims 3 forum for whatever reason) and I am looking to becoming more active. I am builder at heart, I upload a few creations on the gallery, under the name ambrjet, and I upload speed builds and let's play to youtube. I really want to get into sharing my creations in the creative corner and just interacting and connecting with other simmers! So hello to all my fellow simmers and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.
    Check out my YouTube channel, ambrjet
    Origin ID: ambrjet
    Follow me on Twitter

• Options
    Amberjet6 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm mostly a lurker here (was much more active on the Sims 3 forum for whatever reason) and I am looking to becoming more active. I am builder at heart, I upload a few creations on the gallery, under the name ambrjet, and I upload speed builds and let's play to youtube. I really want to get into sharing my creations in the creative corner and just interacting and connecting with other simmers! So hello to all my fellow simmers and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Hello @Amberjet6 :) It is great that you have started posting on this forum. I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum sections and enjoy sharing your creations in creative corner! I will look forward to seeing pictures of your creations! Buiding is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a very special way of expressing our creativity, and it is fun seeing our sims living in the homes that we have built for them or visiting venues that we have designed for the sims world. It is great that you produce simming videos! Simmers would enjoy watching them and gain helpful tips on building.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you! I can't wait until I am able to share pictures of the creations that I always put so much love, time and effort into. Building has always been my favorite part of The Sims, since way back in the days of 1 and 2 (Sims 2 was when I really got into building, but I dabbled a bit in Sims 1 :wink: ). I definitely hope to bring some people over to my youtube channel (youtube.com/c/ambrjet if anyone is interested) and help that grow as well!
    Follow me on Twitter

• Options
    yay! thanks!
    Follow me on Twitter

• Options
    WndrBrnShpWndrBrnShp Posts: 10 New Member
    1. My favorite EP is World Adventures because I like traveling and learning world specific skills like martial arts.

2. Favorite bit is building. I also enjoy playing a sim to a lifetime wish.

3. Moo, testing cheats, unlock outfits, show hidden objects, the occasional motherlode when I'm trying to level up a skill or build an addition and I don't want to wait for their salary.

4. n/a

5. I love how fast it is. I wish for terrain leveling though as I enjoy creating small mounds, also some lots are a true flat and I wish I could just flatten those.
  • Options
    Hello @WndrBrnShp :) I have posted on the other thread but just wanted to say " hello" and happy simming again :) World Adventures is a great sims 3 Ep! It is enjoyable having our sims traveling to the different worlds and take part in the adventures! The landscape of the three worlds are very different . It is enjoyable also building homes and venues that reflect the worlds too.
  • Options
    WndrBrnShpWndrBrnShp Posts: 10 New Member
    @rosemow I like collecting each world's objects and stashing them around my lot. Typically the nectar goes in the basement, martial art equipment in the courtyard, and the snake charming basket in the living room.
  • Options
    OmpabopOmpabop Posts: 168 Member
    I love the active careers, and I always buy the jobs expansions. My laptop isn't very powerful and I've had issues earlier with lagging when I've installed too many expansions. The jobs is a must, though.

I love to build skills and collect stuff, and I love how The Sims lets me create my own universe and tell stories through the game.

I need the moveobjects cheat for building, and I like to marry NPCs but I need to change them a bit in CAS.

The ultimate trick is to use Carl's Sims guide. Also: save up for the never tired-trait.

I guess this is sort of an old question, so I'll mention some of my favourite upgrades in the game: basements and the family tree! I don't care too much about my sims desperately wanting a swimming pool, though.
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    hello
    1.i love the sims 3 latenight alot from the citylife to skycrapers i love it <3
    2.i really like the concept of playing with virtual peoples life and its all up to your choice!! making a big family,roomates, or even a whole series with vioces like a roleplay!!
    3.i really play with these 3alot!! 1(testingcheatsenabled true) 2(moveobjects on) 3(constrainfloorelevation false/true)
    4.not really
    5.i own ts4 on origin with 2sp its good and nice but the sims 3 just have something that makes everyone who played it more that a 100hours cannot just get enought of it!! :D
  • Options
    I love the active careers, and I always buy the jobs expansions. My laptop isn't very powerful and I've had issues earlier with lagging when I've installed too many expansions. The jobs is a must, though.

I love to build skills and collect stuff, and I love how The Sims lets me create my own universe and tell stories through the game.

I need the moveobjects cheat for building, and I like to marry NPCs but I need to change them a bit in CAS.

The ultimate trick is to use Carl's Sims guide. Also: save up for the never tired-trait.

I guess this is sort of an old question, so I'll mention some of my favourite upgrades in the game: basements and the family tree! I don't care too much about my sims desperately wanting a swimming pool, though.

Hello @Ompabop1234 :) I have already posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simmming" and hello again :)
    The Carl's sims 3 and 4 sites are very helpful for playing the game! They help us to understand about the different activities and features in the game, and are very helpful to read when we have game issues.
    Basements are great to have in the game! It is enjoyable designing and furnishing them, to suit the needs and interests of the sims family who live in the home. It is great to sometimes use them as a party room in the build.
  • Options
    OmpabopOmpabop Posts: 168 Member
    Hello again @rosemow :)
  • Options
    adamzaid wrote: »
    hello
    1.i love the sims 3 latenight alot from the citylife to skycrapers i love it <3
    2.i really like the concept of playing with virtual peoples life and its all up to your choice!! making a big family,roomates, or even a whole series with vioces like a roleplay!!
    3.i really play with these 3alot!! 1(testingcheatsenabled true) 2(moveobjects on) 3(constrainfloorelevation false/true)
    4.not really
    5.i own ts4 on origin with 2sp its good and nice but the sims 3 just have something that makes everyone who played it more that a 100hours cannot just get enought of it!! :D

Hello @adamzaid :) Sims 3 Late night is a great EP! Bridgeport is a very nice city themed world for our sims to enjoy living in. The different types of venues that came with the EP are enjoyable for our sims to visit these venues, and it is also fun designing builds that are these lot types.
    The cheats that you use are very helpful in the game! They help us to express our creativity when building homes and venues.