Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    I'm currently trying to do this but for some reason the live chat never works for me... It loads forever telling me to wait for it to connect me to someone :( I'm going to keep trying but I was wondering how long it took everyone else? I feel like it will never connect
  • Options
    AsfastrAsfastr Posts: 80 Member
    edited May 2016
    @dafadolly I connected in under five minutes. Maybe a different browser will help?
    They do say that it can take much longer than that, though. How long have you tried to wait?
  • Options
    SimmerManuel213SimmerManuel213 Posts: 8 New Member
    Happy to know, A friendly EA advisor gave me Sims 2 along with all stuff packs and expansion packs (Ultimate Collection) (I can't send a picture due to me being a low level) I am so happy!
  • Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    Congrats!
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Congrats! Happy Gaming!
  • Options
    Asfastr wrote: »
    @dafadolly I connected in under five minutes. Maybe a different browser will help?
    They do say that it can take much longer than that, though. How long have you tried to wait?

I've gone and resumed it multiple times. I'd say the longest I've waited was probably 3-4 hours? It always said the it was an under 5 minute wait when I went to resume it. I feel like maybe the way I titled the issue or whatever is why nobody has connected with me yet. But I don't know how it works :(

Can anyone let me know how they titled their issue and what they listed it under? I might try opening up a new one to see if that changes anything. I titled mine "Would like to get Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" exactly I dunno if that affects it at all but I would appreciate other peoples opinions!
  • Options
    > @SataiDelennn said:
    > Congrats! Happy Gaming!

> @SleepycatDSL said:
    > Congrats!

Thank you!
  • Options
    > @dafadolly said:
    > Asfastr wrote: »
    >
    > @dafadolly I connected in under five minutes. Maybe a different browser will help?
    > They do say that it can take much longer than that, though. How long have you tried to wait?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've gone and resumed it multiple times. I'd say the longest I've waited was probably 3-4 hours? It always said the it was an under 5 minute wait when I went to resume it. I feel like maybe the way I titled the issue or whatever is why nobody has connected with me yet. But I don't know how it works :(
    >
    > Can anyone let me know how they titled their issue and what they listed it under? I might try opening up a new one to see if that changes anything. I titled mine "Would like to get Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" exactly I dunno if that affects it at all but I would appreciate other peoples opinions!

This could be a glitch with EA's system Have you restarted your computer, Restarted Internet router And made a new case?

If the problem persists then something is bad with your internet or EA

I hope this helped!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Well done everyone who managed to get their hands on UC :)

@dafadolly

I use Firefox and can never connect to live chat as it does the same as you outline Ie: waiting to connect, however when I use Internet explorer I have always got through and hardly ever have to wait so maybe try that instead if you can..

I think its better to contact EA support directly to try and get UC as it will depend on which CS rep you speak to and how amiable they are to your request so I doubt if sending an e-mail or similar to CS to ask for it would work as technically UC is supposed to be unavailable now. Read back through this thread so you have an idea of how other players managed to get it.. Good Luck and come back and let us all know if you were successful :)
  • Options
    > @SPARKY1922 said:
    > Well done everyone who managed to get their hands on UC :)
    >
    > @dafadolly
    >
    > I use Firefox and can never connect to live chat as it does the same as you outline Ie: waiting to connect, however when I use Internet explorer I have always got through and hardly ever have to wait so maybe try that instead if you can..
    >
    > I think its better to contact EA support directly to try and get UC as it will depend on which CS rep you speak to and how amiable they are to your request so I doubt if sending an e-mail or similar to CS to ask for it would work as technically UC is supposed to be unavailable now. Read back through this thread so you have an idea of how other players managed to get it.. Good Luck and come back and let us all know if you were successful :)

Weird... mostly i used firefox to live chat chrome works too
  • Options
    @SimmerManuel213

It is weird as I know players can get through from many different browsers however as it took me a while to realize it was Firefox that was the problem for me and I wasted a lot of time before thinking to try another browser which then worked getting through to EA CS, so I mention it in the hope it may be able to help other players if they are experiencing similar problems :)

• Options
    > @SPARKY1922 said:
    > @SimmerManuel213
    >
    > It is weird as I know players can get through from many different browsers however as it took me a while to realize it was Firefox that was the problem for me and I wasted a lot of time before thinking to try another browser which then worked getting through to EA CS, so I mention it in the hope it may be able to help other players if they are experiencing similar problems :)

Seems weird that some browsers work well on some computers
  • Options
    @sparky1922 Sorry if this is a dumb question but what do you mean by CS and UC? I don't know what they stand for :(

I'm using chrome but I will try it on another browser. I'm pretty sure microsoft edge (if that's what it's called) is the only other browser on my computer because it came with windows.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I contacted EA and told them about my weird windows explorer glitch that happened when I tried to reinstall sims 2 and they offered my the UC just like that. I questioned how it differed from the disc version, after the problems the disc version cause me, but the rep didn't really tell my anything other than that they had added it to my library. I have it but I'm terrified it'll mess up my computer like the disc version did if I download it. :'(:(
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    I just conducted a live chat with EA again and explained my concerns; the rep told me the differences between the disc version and the download version and it really helped put my mind at rest. Plus they gave me a 15% discount on my next purchase!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I know some people have encountered problems trying to get this, but in my experiences the people at EA are so nice and friendly and knowledgeable; I got disconnected out of 1 live chat and the advisor emailed me saying sorry for the inconvenience (it wasn't their fault) and that they hoped I have a nice day. I hope they have a nice day too. The people at EA really are brilliant and I don't think they get the credit they deserve.
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    dafadolly wrote: »
    @sparky1922 Sorry if this is a dumb question but what do you mean by CS and UC? I don't know what they stand for :(

I'm using chrome but I will try it on another browser. I'm pretty sure microsoft edge (if that's what it's called) is the only other browser on my computer because it came with windows.

Just making sure, but you know you can download IE 11 if you want and try that instead of Edge? I know people who use Windows 10 and because Edge doesn't support Java, they downloaded IE11 so that they could play Java games and do other things on the Net which require Java. Anyway, it's another option if you find Edge doesn't work, or you just don't want to use Edge.
  • Options
    IzanaminokamiIzanaminokami Posts: 14 New Member
    I can't get a live chat ,I've tried numerous times but all I get is an error box.
  • Options
    > @BabySquare said:
    > I contacted EA and told them about my weird windows explorer glitch that happened when I tried to reinstall sims 2 and they offered my the UC just like that. I questioned how it differed from the disc version, after the problems the disc version cause me, but the rep didn't really tell my anything other than that they had added it to my library. I have it but I'm terrified it'll mess up my computer like the disc version did if I download it. :'( :(

If the sims 2 is in your origin library it should be completely safe from yout pc having problems with it. If the installation is good make sure tl make FREQUENT back ups of your save data to avoid losing your progress don't forget to save it on a USB
  • Options
    > @SimmerManuel213 said:
    >
    > If the sims 2 is in your origin library it should be completely safe from yout pc having problems with it. If the installation is good make sure tl make FREQUENT back ups of your save data to avoid losing your progress don't forget to save it on a USB

Edit: tl is suppost to be to* And if your computer has problems Contact Microsoft
  • Options
    @dafadolly

Apologies I only just saw your question.

CS customers services and UC is the Sims 2 Ultimate collection, I was lazy I should have typed in full sorry :)
  • Options
    @BabySquare

As @SimmerManuel213 points out you should not experience any PC problems using the digital version of UC and I am pleased you managed to have your concerns answered by EA despite 2 technically being unsupported.
    I have found customer service reps will still answer some questions re the series even though they are not really supposed to and I also agree for the most part EA have always been helpful and courteous in my experience as well.

@Izanaminokami

Have you tried using various browsers to get through? It appears a few players are experiencing these sorts of problems and there is further information on the following link to try:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Can-t-connect-to-EA-live-chat/m-p/5067115#M186367
  • Options
    @BabySquare

As @SimmerManuel213 points out you should not experience any PC problems using the digital version of UC and I am pleased you managed to have your concerns answered by EA despite 2 technically being unsupported.
    I have found customer service reps will still answer some questions re the series even though they are not really supposed to and I also agree for the most part EA have always been helpful and courteous in my experience as well.

@Izanaminokami

Have you tried using various browsers to get through? It appears a few players are experiencing these sorts of problems and there is further information on the following link to try:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Can-t-connect-to-EA-live-chat/m-p/5067115#M186367
  • Options
    Is it just me or am I helping a lot lately?
  • Options
    IzanaminokamiIzanaminokami Posts: 14 New Member
    I've only tried google chrome,the only other browser I have is internet explorer.