Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    MrsAllen85 wrote: »
    OMG i wasn't aware of the sims 2 ultimate collection, i cant believe i missed out on it :( i no longer have any disc copies of sims 2 stuff. gutted :(

As others have said, you can still try and get it. Just contact EA and see if you can convince the rep you get and sweet talk them. Use some of the advice given earlier in this thread.
  • Options
    princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    thanks everyone its really cool to see its still being given out to a lot of people unfortunately not all, I went with your advice and started a household of friends who are going to university. its strange to have to keep a track of what your sims are doing so much, ts2 actually feels like a game. with ts4 i could just queue up a few things and then do something or speed up time its nice to have a more fast paced game
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited April 2016
    @MeadowThayerr and @Frogprincess_q The Sims 2 will work on Windows 10, this video shows that you can play The Sims 2, 3, and 4 on Windows 10.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXx59QQoLA

Please note that The Sims doesn't work on Windows 10 due to SafeDisc, The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories aren't affected. Likewise, Windows Vista through 8.1 also can't run The Sims (as well as the CD version of SimCity 4) if an update is installed. You may notice on The Sims 2 part that there are back rectangles under Sims, that's a graphics problem that affect Sims/Pets. I think it could be fixed on because it doesn't happen on my ATI Radeon 5670 card when I installed The Sims 2 UC on my PC.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    The black rectangles are a problem with shadows. I had to actually completely disable shadows to get rid of them, but I recommend running the graphics rules fix to get Sims 2 working well on a modern PC.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Like some here I also have all the disks for Sims 2, I was having a problem one time with one of My expansions, and the EA rep I had asked Me if I wanted UC for free, of course I jumped at the chance, But I did not realize that I had to uninstall everything before that, so it took me awhile to get it all in order, But I am glad I got it when I did, Sorry to hear others are not being so lucky, .
  • Options
    Smidge141Smidge141 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just thought I'd let you guys know I've just managed to get the UC from a customer service online chat. It's true, if you act 'fangirly' ("I love the series so much! I was so disappointed when I found out I missed out on the offer") they sometimes just give you the code.
    They didn't ask me for proof of purchase, no pictures, no codes. They literally said "I'll see what I can do" put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back saying "Good news! I've added Sims 2 UC to your account ready to download."
    So so happy I didn't miss out on this!
    By the way, this was just done 5 minutes ago - 15th April 2016! It's not too late!

I'm so happy haha :D
  • Options
    Smidge141Smidge141 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just thought I'd let you guys know I've just managed to get the UC from a customer service online chat. It's true, if you act 'fangirly' ("I love the series so much! I was so disappointed when I found out I missed out on the offer") they sometimes just give you the code.
    They didn't ask me for proof of purchase, no pictures, no codes. They literally said "I'll see what I can do" put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back saying "Good news! I've added Sims 2 UC to your account ready to download."
    So so happy I didn't miss out on this!
    By the way, this was just done 5 minutes ago - 15th April 2016! It's not too late!

I'm so happy haha :D > @Smidge141 said:
    > Just thought I'd let you guys know I've just managed to get the UC from a customer service online chat. It's true, if you act 'fangirly' ("I love the series so much! I was so disappointed when I found out I missed out on the offer") they sometimes just give you the code.
    > They didn't ask me for proof of purchase, no pictures, no codes. They literally said "I'll see what I can do" put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back saying "Good news! I've added Sims 2 UC to your account ready to download."
    > So so happy I didn't miss out on this!
    > By the way, this was just done 5 minutes ago - 15th April 2016! It's not too late!
    >
    > I'm so happy haha :D

I should add sorry to hear some players aren't having much luck. Just keep trying! You'll find someone who is willing to give you the code! :)
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    edited April 2016
    What worked for me to fix the black rectangles under my sims. Go to settings, graphics and change shadows to medium.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816921/sims-2-uc-simple-fix-for-black-box-under-sim#latest
  • Options
    @Smidge141

Congrats on getting the Sims 2 UC! Happy playing!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I am so pleased most everyone who still wants UC is managing to get hold of it and am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else that is still trying :)
  • Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    It's worth mentioning that even if someone doesn't want the UC right now, they should get it added to their account, in case they want it in the future.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited April 2016
    It's worth mentioning that even if someone doesn't want the UC right now, they should get it added to their account, in case they want it in the future.

I second that. I suspect it's only going to get harder with time.

edited for typo
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hm.. after trawling through some draws and boxes, I've found nearly all of my Sims 2 discs.. some I forgot I even owned, like Family Fun Stuff and Glamour Life Stuff. Also OFB, University, Pets, Seasons, H&M Stuff, Nightlife, IKEA Home.. the one disc I seem to be missing is, of course. TS2 Base Game - even though I have the original case for it and the code. Grr.
  • Options
    @aaronjc123

If you read back through this thread I think you will find that some players have still been offered UC without owning the base game and by sending pics proof to CS of all the expansion packs and any receipts they still own so I should still try it if I were you, good luck UC is really worth having :)
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I'm so glad I got TS2 Ultimate Collection! It didn't work the first time I tried. Of course I was also trying to get a new code for my TS3 Late Night EP at the time. I was told they didn't support The Sims 2 repeatedly.

I just got talking with someone and I told them I was trying to register my Sims 2 Double Deluxe game but the code kept coming in invalid. The rep over Live Chat told me the game wasn't supported anymore but not to worry and to just give her my code to check it out. I gave her the code and she asked would the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection do instead and I had it in less than a minute and even got a 15% off discount for Origin.

I'm so glad it didn't take thirty some tries like I read it took one person on another site. :relieved:

It's a head scratcher though. I don't get why some reps won't do it and some will. EA has a history of confusing me though...
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    @ApparentlyAwesome

Well done enjoy your new to you series :)
  • Options
    mini2806mini2806 Posts: 1 New Member
    Thought I would just share my experience here. I just got The Sims 2 UC yesterday, after a third tried. I did not owned anyone of the Sims 2 game, but I've heard quite a number of people getting The Sims 2 UC even they never owned the game so I thought I'll give it a try. Without luck, the first time I ask the rep just told me the promotion has ended so no way. Second time I told the rep I used to owned The Sims 2 but I've lost it during a move. I kept on blabbering about how much I love The Sims series and I got a complete collection of all The Sims 3 EPs & SPs and also The Sims 4 too, and I wish to complete my collection for The Sims Series. He told me that they can still give out the code now even the promotion has ended but only to those who have game code, at last he gave me a 15% Origin discount voucher instead. I think not everyone is lucky enough to meet a nice rep who give you game code even you do not owned the game so I purchased a The Sims 2 Fun with Pets collection (Just unbelievable I can still get a brand new physical copy of The Sims 2 game because all the retailer shop around has stopped selling The Sims 2 nowadays, I think I just brought the last piece of The Sims 2 from that retailer). Once the game arrived I soon began my third time asking for The Sims 2 UC, and this time the rep is a super duper nice person! I just ask him is the promotion still available now because I missed it when it was running, I did not told him I got The Sims 2 game code. He just ask my Origin email and then after a while told me that he added the game to my library already. Never ask for any proof. My The Sims 2 Fun with Pets collection wasted. :'(

PS: Please forgive my broken english.
  • Options
    Congrats on getting the Sims UC! If you have a Gamestop in your area, you could always resell it to them. Or you could try putting it up on Ebay or Amazon or something. It won't be wasted then. Or, keep it in case something happens to the UC. Maybe some day you can get a physical working copy of the base Sims2 game. Then you can use them together. Just some ideas.
  • Options
    @mini2806

Well done, I am pleased players still keep letting us know they are still being given UC as it provides hope for others, enjoy your series...

@SataiDelennn

I have an idea for you too, get UC :):)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @mini2806

Well done, I am pleased players still keep letting us know they are still being given UC as it provides hope for others, enjoy your series...

@SataiDelennn

I have an idea for you too, get UC :):)

:P lol
  • Options
    AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    @Simasaurus09 : Another successful download of "Sims 2: The Ultimate Collection" story here!

I have the entire collection on disk, but a few months ago my computer told me the games were corrupted and deleted everything. I tried to reinstall the games, but I was told the codes provided with the games were invalid. I tried to download the Digital Edition from Origins and that was corrupt as well.

So, I contacted EA Support and told the representative (a fellow named Rex) what was going on. He saw the Digital Edition in the My Games section of my Origins account and pushed the Ultimate Collection to my computer. I have not gotten a chance to play it yet (stupid graduate homework) but I will be opening it up and building a new world later tonight. I will let you know if there are any problems.

Also, THANK YOU EA SUPPORT REP REX!
  • Options
    AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    OH!!! I almost forgot! If you try to get in touch with the EA Support guys via Live Chat DO NOT use Google Chrome. You have to use Internet Explorer in order to open up a chat.
  • Options
    princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    Alorxico wrote: »
    OH!!! I almost forgot! If you try to get in touch with the EA Support guys via Live Chat DO NOT use Google Chrome. You have to use Internet Explorer in order to open up a chat.

I did it worked fine?
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • Options
    zcamp106zcamp106 Posts: 1 New Member
    They are still giving out The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in 2016. An EA rep just gave it to me, it took less than 10 min. Yayyy
    I brought The sims 2 from a thrift store for $5 and gave them the code from that.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    @Alorxico Happy to hear it :)

Chrome is fine btw... I use it myself. Not sure why you had problems. You might need to clean up your browser.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/