Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Tragic Clown is just an outfit.

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Sigzy05 That 5 minute video just brought back 5 years of memories for me!

The voices, the sound of the doorbell and the newspaper girl whistling!

That, my friends is The Sims at it's finest! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I see where that susspicion can come from. I do hope it's an NPC though. Never played TS1 and am curious to see whta the clown will do. I would be happy if they brought the social bunny back too tbh.
  • Options
    I see where that susspicion can come from. I do hope it's an NPC though. Never played TS1 and am curious to see whta the clown will do. I would be happy if they brought the social bunny back too tbh.

To be honest the Social Bunny had very little on the tragic clown. Not as annoying maybe but they never made a sound. It was said though, that if you had more than one at a time they could I teract with each other although I never saw that myself.

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 Well, social bunny helped me a lot back in TS2, as many of my sims stayed home and maxed their skills, this their social needs dropped extremely often. I know social bunny and tragic clown are not related. I just would like if they bring Social bunny NPC back too.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @king_of_simcity7 Well, social bunny helped me a lot back in TS2, as many of my sims stayed home and maxed their skills, this their social needs dropped extremely often. I know social bunny and tragic clown are not related. I just would like if they bring Social bunny NPC back too.

Maybe they could spice the social bunny up a bit?

How about have a social bunny and a tragic clown on the lot at the same time? The two could end up fighting, and most Sims will only see the clown.

Could make for some interesting gameplay! B)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7
    I would actually love to see that happen. :hushed:
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Be very afraid, >:) He never lets up.

Truth. I actually hated Tragic Clown with a passion but well my opinion on him is not everyone's....some may absolutely love the game play he brings. I will do my best to avoid him though...just like I would absolutely refuse to buy that painting of him whatever the cause will be to bring him on I will not be doing.

Agree. I prefer it to be player initiated rather than just having him appear at any time out of the blue.

He doesn't appear at "anytime". Assuming it is like The Sims 1 your sim has to be sad and you need to have the painting. I don't think that counts as ANYTIME or OUT OF THE BLUE!
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Let's see, there are half a dozen TS1 Sims that have never made it back in later games:

The cake dancers, Chip (Male) Bunny (Female) El-Viss (He looked like Elvis) The pink gorilla and another Tragic Clow

Then there was the Maitre D from Hot Date and the saxophone player from Unleashed

The 'entertainers from Vacation named Marky Sharkey (Dressed as a shark on the beach lots) Betti Yeti (Dressed as a Yeti on the winter lots) and Archie Archer (Dressed as Robin Hood on the forest lots)

Drew Carey and The Mime from House party along with two 'Crashers' who would join in with the party but you couldn't interact with them and they will clog your toilet

Mrs Crumplebottom as The Prude. Although the name has been carried over, there was a bug which prevented her from appearing on lots in Hot Date. She would hit your Sims with her hand bag if they performed romantic interactions in front of her.

Also back to the tragic clown there was the clown catchers as well and probably a lot more that I forgot about :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Be very afraid, >:) He never lets up.

Truth. I actually hated Tragic Clown with a passion but well my opinion on him is not everyone's....some may absolutely love the game play he brings. I will do my best to avoid him though...just like I would absolutely refuse to buy that painting of him whatever the cause will be to bring him on I will not be doing.

Agree. I prefer it to be player initiated rather than just having him appear at any time out of the blue.

He doesn't appear at "anytime". Assuming it is like The Sims 1 your sim has to be sad and you need to have the painting. I don't think that counts as ANYTIME or OUT OF THE BLUE!

By having to have the painting, that is what I consider player initiated because it would be MY choice to have that painting and make it happen. Otherwise, my sad sims won't see him or have him around.

• Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    I hope for tragic clown, not just the outfit.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I need tragic clown...there is no &'s if's or buts! LOL! my sims must suffer! >:)
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    So, what are you all making of the Tragic Clown now that he is in your games and is spawned by viewing the picure that came with the previous patch?
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Alistu wrote: »
    So, what are you all making of the Tragic Clown now that he is in your games and is spawned by viewing the picure that came with the previous patch?

I was not too keen on the idea of the Tragic Clown making all my sims sad, but I know I have to deal with him/her, so I made a backstory I can live with! He/She is now the artist who painted the Tragic Clown. The Tragic Clown is also his/hers artist persona. He/she is a perfomance artist who lives and breathes his/her art 24/7 :D
  • Options
    tiagomoucho3tiagomoucho3 Posts: 123 Member
    edited April 2016
    Well Tragic Clown is a NPC after all. The thing I don't like is that the clown when spawned is a random Sim... it should be just one at all times (like the one in Sims 1) :disappointed:
  • Options
    I agree. I was most disappointed that it wasn't THE Tragic Clown that appears. That and the fact that some of the assets are still broken.
  • Options
    IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    At first I thought this thread was about thinking that the Tragic Clown himself was just an outfit. A sentient, make your sims sad, outfit.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Why would it be anything BUT a costume/make-up change?
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited April 2016
    Does it only appear when the Sim stares at the painting? I placed the painting, then I made several of my Sims very unhappy, no tragic clown. I took at happy Sim had him view the painting and the tragic clown showed up.

They do seemed to have toned him way down from the original. I would love Mrs Crumplebottom to come back, but somehow I don't think she'd be the purse carrying bulley she is meant to be :smile:
  • Options
    tiagomoucho3tiagomoucho3 Posts: 123 Member
    @Chimark mine only appeared when the sim stared at the paiting several times
  • Options
    The first time I had a Sim look at the painting a Tragic Clown appeared and vanished immediately. I got my Sim to look at the picture again straight away and the clown that appeared hasn't left yet.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Alistu wrote: »
    The first time I had a Sim look at the painting a Tragic Clown appeared and vanished immediately. I got my Sim to look at the picture again straight away and the clown that appeared hasn't left yet.

Hello.
    If you are finding it hard to get the tragic clown to leave your home, try having your sims travel to another lot and back again, and see that helps him to leave.
  • Options
    Thanks. I wasn't having trouble getting him to leave yet as a full day hasn't passed yet since he arrived. I was just meaning that he didn't vanish like the first time. Useful to know though if I can't get him to go.