Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Tragic Clown is just an outfit.

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Wait is this a patch or part of the pack?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Possibly part of tomorrows patch.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Possibly part of tomorrows patch.

Tragic indeed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I really hope to see him in the patch tomorrow. That would be so cool!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    I don't think every sim will have the opportunity to be generated a tragic clown. It will probably have the right name, since he is not any random clown. I did notice that the tragic clown in the restaurant teaser had a beard around his mouth, which might mean he was randomly generated. Or maybe it's an outfit that you can get somehow. Like the bear suit npc, that made you tense, the lady sitting next to the clown was crying, so maybe the npc has the effect of making surrounding sims sad.

That wasn't actually a beard around his mouth. It's part of the makeup. All of the parts for Sonny the Tragic Clown are already in the game. They came in the previous patch. They're just hidden. There are three different face paints for him this time around as well as a female version.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited April 2016
    Deleted.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Deleted.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    There is already a picture of the tragic clown available in game. I have it hanging in my sims house.

That isn't the point tho.

The Sims (1)'s original clown, he's name is Sunny btw, he appears when you put the painting in your house AND your sims are in a bad mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I_wWdposQc

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    There is already a picture of the tragic clown available in game. I have it hanging in my sims house.

The Sims (1)'s original clown, he's name is Sunny btw, he appears when you put the painting in your house AND your sims are in a bad mood.

Sorry, I was just reading through the thread and saw this post:
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I would very much like to see the Tragic Clown return, so this makes me happy. I will be even more pleased if you need the picture to summon him so he's just not running amok on the streets, lol.

hence, there is already a picture of him available in game.
  • Options

Sorry, I was just reading through the thread and saw this post:
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I would very much like to see the Tragic Clown return, so this makes me happy. I will be even more pleased if you need the picture to summon him so he's just not running amok on the streets, lol.

hence, there is already a picture of him available in game.

I never said there wasn't....like......
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    I want both.
  • Options
    I want both.

Both what? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I want both.

The npc and his outfit.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I want both.

The npc and his outfit.

Hum...no. I don't want his outfit available for all. It makes him less especial.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Well... I'm inspired to build an Asylum
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Now I'm confused. In Magnolia Promenade there's an unplayed sim walking around in a clown suit and clown make up, so I figured they were the Tragic Clown. I always avoided them because I didn't want to trigger something bad. They are usually from an unplayed household. What is that about?

I believe those clowns only show up if you have the special versions of the base game with the added party types. Sims can come dressed as clowns to Incognito Costume Parties. The game will also randomly choose a currently unplayed Sim to dress as one who will randomly wander around town. They sort of become NPC clowns only with no special interactions. The clown costume doesn't take up any of their outfit slots.
  • Options
    Alistu wrote: »
    Now I'm confused. In Magnolia Promenade there's an unplayed sim walking around in a clown suit and clown make up, so I figured they were the Tragic Clown. I always avoided them because I didn't want to trigger something bad. They are usually from an unplayed household. What is that about?

I believe those clowns only show up if you have the special versions of the base game with the added party types. Sims can come dressed as clowns to Incognito Costume Parties. The game will also randomly choose a currently unplayed Sim to dress as one who will randomly wander around town. They sort of become NPC clowns only with no special interactions. The clown costume doesn't take up any of their outfit slots.

The Digital Deluxe version includes a clown costume. But it's different from the Tragic Clown's costume.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Yup, that's the one. I got the Collector's Edition which came with them as well.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of the tragic clown personally, so I hope it's just an outfit, but I doubt that will be the case.

I'm with this.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,633 Member
    Let's all expect the worst which is it being a costume and then bam, suddenly it's an NPC and we'll be like: "Whooaaaaa!" It's genius.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I wonder if tragic clown's girlfriend will also be added as an npc. She was a clown also and also made sims sad.
  • Options
    He had a girlfriend? I've NEVER come across that before and Google isn't helping either. Got any info?
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I wonder if tragic clown's girlfriend will also be added as an npc. She was a clown also and also made sims sad.

The mod unlocked clothes, hair and makeup for both male and female sims, so I'm asuming there will be both a male and a female clown:
    http://simsvip.com/2016/02/28/community-modder-unlocks-hidden-tragic-clown-clothing/
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    :D

Yeah that's saying something for sure! <3
    Now I'm looking forward to the patch.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Alistu wrote: »

I just pulled some old screens to look for pictures of the clowns walking around MP and I see what you mean. Yeah, it's different. Been a long time since my sims visited MP and I forgot how they were dressed.
    Thank you.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.