Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Tragic Clown is just an outfit.

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
I do not know why, but I'm feeling the Tragic Clown is actually just an outfit, not a real NPC. Someone is feeling the same?
tenor.gif
Post edited by celipoesias on

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,864 Member
    I'm actually feeling the opposite. I think it'll be an NPC.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Yeah I'm going to expect it to be a costume .. that way if its something more i'll be surprised
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited April 2016
    What if it were an outfit that would let you set up your own tragic clown AKA they'd become the NPC. Eheheh...I know a few sims I'd like to stick in that outfit. Then again, do I want Nancy Landgraab more annoying than she is now in my save. :anguished:
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

I think it will be too, otherwise I don't think they would have brought it back. I mean, we already had clown outfits in the game, so why bother adding more?
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I think it is too.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options

I think it will be too, otherwise I don't think they would have brought it back. I mean, we already had clown outfits in the game, so why bother adding more?

:Plus, the reason the bear was a costume I think had more to do with real (real digital anyways) bear animations and interactions. Tragic Clown is a humanoid character so the animations and interactions could be the same. It's really just a costume with a set non playable personality....not difficult compared to a bear being all...bearish.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'm not a big fan of the tragic clown personally, so I hope it's just an outfit, but I doubt that will be the case.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I don't think every sim will have the opportunity to be generated a tragic clown. It will probably have the right name, since he is not any random clown. I did notice that the tragic clown in the restaurant teaser had a beard around his mouth, which might mean he was randomly generated. Or maybe it's an outfit that you can get somehow. Like the bear suit npc, that made you tense, the lady sitting next to the clown was crying, so maybe the npc has the effect of making surrounding sims sad.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    If it's anything like the 1st one you will have to own the painting for him to appear.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of the tragic clown personally, so I hope it's just an outfit, but I doubt that will be the case.

Well assuming it is an NPC, let's hope it works the same as it did in TS1 where you need the painting for him to show up. That way, if he is patched in them we don't necessarily have to have him show up in our game.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Be very afraid, >:) He never lets up.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Truth. I actually hated Tragic Clown with a passion but well my opinion on him is not everyone's....some may absolutely love the game play he brings. I will do my best to avoid him though...just like I would absolutely refuse to buy that painting of him whatever the cause will be to bring him on I will not be doing.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    either way, any Tragic Clown that spawns in my game will be sentenced to death.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Truth. I actually hated Tragic Clown with a passion but well my opinion on him is not everyone's....some may absolutely love the game play he brings. I will do my best to avoid him though...just like I would absolutely refuse to buy that painting of him whatever the cause will be to bring him on I will not be doing.

Agree. I prefer it to be player initiated rather than just having him appear at any time out of the blue.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I might think that too, if we hadn't gotten his picture first. Why give us the picture and only a costume for the Tragic Clown? No, I think he's coming and I have one sim that's always sad and may never be rid of the clown.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited April 2016
    Title should maybe say "speculation"? I don't think we know anything that isn't in the teeny video yet, do we? (Not a big deal, but I only clicked on this to find out when and where that was announced.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Could be worse you could get the Mimes at your parties, or Bandit the raccoon every night to wake up your Sims... >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    I never played the original Sims, so I have no clue about ye olde Tragic Clown. If they add it, I may get a chance, no?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited April 2016

LOL I hated the Tragic Clown to but I hated the Obsessed Fan more for some reason. I never could get rid of him.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

LOL I hated the Tragic Clown to but I hated the Obsessed Fan more for some reason. I never could get rid of him.

I didn't like OF either, but to me TC was ...The. Worst. Nonetheless...those who love him (or love to hate him) will be thrilled he's coming back!
  • Options
    I doubt he would be as bad as the real one @GalacticGal. The original shows up at your Sims house if they can't meet their motives or are unhappy. Only if you have the painting, and he cries and whales and constantly wakes up your Sims. Until you are able to raise their motives and make them happy. But it only gets worse as your Sim is coded to try to comfort him, and it won't work, so their motives and happiness is horrible (which will kill them in about four hours) and if you didn't know just to sell the cheap painting he would leave then you run around trying to help your Sim but nothing works. lol But if he comes back I feel in this game he will just make Sims tense. And they won't die from sad or tense if you can turn your head to a decorative object. It's sort of never going to be as good as the old days is it?
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited April 2016

I think so too, but I'm hoping it's just an outfit :P If it is an NPC, I hope it is connected to the painting... I hope it will not appear every time a sim is sad :S
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    Well, not until @Cinebar, they infuse Sims2 with Sims4' wonderful CAS and Build mode. So, I agree.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    But TC only comes if you have his painting, the OF was booger to get rid of.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I didn't like OF either, but to me TC was ...The. Worst. Nonetheless...those who love him (or love to hate him) will be thrilled he's coming back!
    Though when Sims 3 came out and gave us those stupid Imaginary Friend Dolls I think out of everything we have had I hated those the most. LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641