Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lines of communication are opening up YAY!

Comments

• Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    Not to be pessimistic, but they'll close back up. Don't go in expecting that now everything is going to be an open book with EA...because it never is and never will be. Like drake said, this has been planned and isn't a result of community backlash...I wouldn't be surprised if they told us there is a restaurant pack coming and then stopped talking to us for weeks. Guys don't get your hopes up. :/
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    Not to be pessimistic, but they'll close back up. Don't go in expecting that now everything is going to be an open book with EA...because it never is and never will be. Like drake said, this has been planned and isn't a result of community backlash...I wouldn't be surprised if they told us there is a restaurant pack coming and then stopped talking to us for weeks. Guys don't get your hopes up. :/
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »

I have faith in @SimGuruDrake
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    My guess is that it's the result of fewer and fewer people actually playing TS4. Since it's tied to Origin, they can easily track that.

This is the result of my communication with all of you and your desires to know what to expect. This isn't something that just happened in a day, it has been in the works and had always been planned to go out on that date :)

It would be nice if the team that works on the game could open the lines of communications though. You've said plenty of times you don't handle that area. I know many people appreciate you coming here, but some of us want direct information about the game and as long as you keep this same policy the problem wont get solved.

The thing I really wonder is if they will be opening 'the lines of communication' about important subjects such as toddlers too. I doubt it.

I don't even agree with the statement in the first place. I don't think SimGuruDrake is "opening the lines" of communication. She is doing the same thing all gurus have been doing on Twitter, but in the forums. We never get real information. They announce a SP a week before selling it, announce GPs two weeks before selling them. I won't even mention EPs , because they seem to have the most unorganized team working on them. It gets delayed, it has a thousand bugs, trailers are misguiding (GTW) , they don't seem to be about popular demand (GT was a risk) , we've had 2 expansion packs and only one included a decent world. I'm sorry but in GTW you can totally tell the game wasnt executed properly.

SPs are pretty good though. I feel like they have a good team working on them, but SPs can't, well, shouldn't be the game's strong suit.

I honestly don't have a clue who played a role in the announcement of an announcement of an announcement for future content to be announced in coming months (lol) we will, of course, pay for, and are just so entitled to have received.

But I do think strongly agree they need to clean up the huge mess of leaving fans in the dark for so long. Giving us clutter in the form of stuff packs with an extra animation dubbed as "gameplay" is not an excuse to just leave us hanging for more, real content and gameplay with actual depth.

To EA & Co. : Don't shove a DLC window in my face by inserting, without my permission, a literal shiny button (that does not go away until I click) in my UI unless you have some quality DLC to offer me, and some decent organization for future releases

It's a good thing Get Together came out 4 months ago! Best public reception of a pack since the Sims 2 days! :D
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well as I pointed out to one of the gurus on twitter, most of the latest big games are increasingly entering dialog with players and sharing roadmaps and dev diaries with them. It appears to engender more brand loyalty.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »

They said stuff for the next several months but I hope we do get some pics.
  • Options
    I hope one of the things that is mentioned is cars.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    My guess is that it's the result of fewer and fewer people actually playing TS4. Since it's tied to Origin, they can easily track that.

This is the result of my communication with all of you and your desires to know what to expect. This isn't something that just happened in a day, it has been in the works and had always been planned to go out on that date :)

Congratulations on breaking the circle of silence that has reduced some to tears.

*bowes down*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    @SimGuruDrake thank you so much for the information I can't wait to hear about it on the 19th.
    16770389265_e3daa02c9e_o3.gif?w=681&h=383
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I guess the Gurus got some new dance moves for their next announcement. :3
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @SimGuruDrake thank you for the communication, something to look forward to :) hopefully you don't make announcements to early in don't finish work until 6pm UK time ;)
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Do you have something like a button that will fast forward the time?
    If you do please give it to me!!! :wink:
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    MonkinonkMonkinonk Posts: 120 Member
    Thank you so much @SimGuruDrake!! I'm so SO glad that you guys are opening up some communication and thank you for helping address that whole fiasco yesterday.

Now to just sit tight until next week x)
    tE7NLOj.png
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I don't want to spoil my message with any criticism this time as I just came to say:

Thanks for your patience and for being so active lately on the forums addressing our concerns @SimGuruDrake
    I am very grateful for your efforts and now we are seeing the results :)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I'm just glad for it, whatever the reason behind it. Many of us have been asking for it. One of my favorite things about buying a new EP back in the day was that there would be an insert announcing the next EP. It always gave us lots to look forward to.

Exactly! Getting the insert was almost as much fun as getting the EP. I could get excited for the next pack while I was installing the new one. The forums then were filled with players happily chatting about what was coming. I miss that.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I kind of feel like this decision was unplanned, and made as a result of the unrest of the fans.

If so, good.

That's been happening a lot lately. Toddler discussion gets out of hand and we get a toddler idea thread stickied to the top by a guru. @Orchid13 vents her frustration with retail system and we get a thread about improving retail (though only performance and not new features)

But that's the way it should be. We should have some communication about our issues and have some idea about what's coming.

I'm not expecting much but knowing what's going to be happening the next couple months will be nice.

I don't need to have a schedule for everything that's planned, but it would be nice to know what's coming next and to have a few general answers. The huge question for me is "Will toddlers ever be added?" Having a list of content coming -- whether it's for the next month or the next year -- isn't going to make me happy unless the toddler question is finally answered once and for all.

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well this is a start.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrake

Can you say whether or not one of those features shown will be from the April Patch next week?
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Finally!!!! EA! I WAS AT WORK when i read this news and i started freaking out.Giggling ssmiling and trying so hard to contain how FREAKING excited i was... you literallly made my night and i cannot wait until you guys can share this news with us.

I am so stoked that you guys are going to be sharing months of content and not just one thing.

Eeeee. :smile: !!!!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I assume @SimGuruDrake, this is to squash the constant posts about getting an announcement every week? lol Just kidding, but even I would get tired of being tagged and being asked the same question every week for two months. I hope the gurus can explain an object or whatever they may be working on and it won't become 'we are working on something new' well yeah, we expect they are anyway..what we want to know is 'what'. :#
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am really glad they will be talking about what is coming up for the next couple of months. It's a big help for those of us that are poorer to be able to try to budget and decide on which content we can either afford, or prioritize for our game.

So thank you for communication and I hope you stick to advance notice on things.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,553 Member
    i am keeping my fingers cross that they also annouce the return of workable washers and dryers in the sims4 in other word the option to do laundry
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    That's a good point Fullspiral, I'm a budgeter and a planner too. Stuff packs are ok because they're not super-expensive, but for things like game and expansion packs I have to budget for them in advance. So the earlier I hear about them, the easier it is to make sure I have the money ready. I like to plan ahead as well. Some players are happy to drop what they're doing to explore the new content, but I like to work new content into my existing gameplay and plan ahead. So if I know I'm getting gardening content I'll leave the gardening families out of my rotation until we get the pack, for example. Or if I knew we were getting restaurants I could plan where I would add them in each world and start advance building.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    That's a good point Fullspiral, I'm a budgeter and a planner too. Stuff packs are ok because they're not super-expensive, but for things like game and expansion packs I have to budget for them in advance. So the earlier I hear about them, the easier it is to make sure I have the money ready. I like to plan ahead as well. Some players are happy to drop what they're doing to explore the new content, but I like to work new content into my existing gameplay and plan ahead. So if I know I'm getting gardening content I'll leave the gardening families out of my rotation until we get the pack, for example. Or if I knew we were getting restaurants I could plan where I would add them in each world and start advance building.

Agreed. Of course, I want everything for the game! lol, but if I know when it's coming or what is coming, I can figure out whether it's a priority for my very tight entertainment budget.

I also agree that I like to plan out my game the way you do too. I already have my diner/restaurant owner to full skills and he already runs his bakery/deli so his own restaurant is his natural progression. I have a family set up for markets if we get those....etc. (we need home business though!)