Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lines of communication are opening up YAY!

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Sweet and thank you @SimGuruDrake
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Well I don't care about the 'whys' I'm just glad we're getting some info.

I agree

And in all fairness about a month or so ago @SimGuruDrake had asked up what type of communication or information we were hoping to get. I believe this is a result of her work on that.

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Is anyone else tearing up? Lets just hope its something we have actually been asking for ! The inner child in me is ready to play house with my sims again!
  • Options
    @rudy8292 this was something they had asked us about like a month ago, it has nothing to do with todays mess.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Lines are opening? well that may be. But I see this more like a panic mode. Someone told stuff they weren't suppose to tell (that Sims Latam account or whatever) so they decided the only thing they can do now is just spill the beans.

But hey, I might be wrong, and they will finally open up about their stuff.

It's better than nothing. Who cares how why we're getting the info as long as we get the info.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I kind of feel like this decision was unplanned, and made as a result of the unrest of the fans.

If so, good.

Hopefully EA are letting them speak. I mean, the fact employees are scared of being fired from EA (EA are the ones who do the marketing for FB pages etc) for teasing content is just insane.

I hope so too.

While I don't blame EA for games turning out the way they are, I do definitely blame them for their management. Sometimes, it seems they are doing too little. Other times, it seems they are too much (for instance, with this situation right now).
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited April 2016
    No, it's not panic mode, SimGuruDrake *just* said a page back that this is not because of the "leak" today and she's actually been working on this for a while.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    @rudy8292 this was something they had asked us about like a month ago, it has nothing to do with todays mess.

Well, if that is the case, it's great. I hope it won't be a one time thing though, and I hope we will see updates on work in progress more frequently.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited April 2016
    Lines are opening? well that may be. But I see this more like a panic mode. Someone told stuff they weren't suppose to tell (that Sims Latam account or whatever) so they decided the only thing they can do now is just spill the beans.

Seems to me since the patch was always coming next week to end the egg hunt, and along with that comes teasers for new content. Not sure anything changed other than she didn't wait until Monday to post her excited gif. Now everyone knows it's next week! Amazing!
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Just in time for my next pay check. Excellent!
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I hope we get a new supernatural type sim in the next upcoming what ever it is. ^^
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    Just in time for my next pay check. Excellent!

Right? Haha, I get paid Friday.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Shades302 wrote: »
    I hope we get a new supernatural type sim in the next upcoming what ever it is. ^^

what will you do if there is no new super natural annouce in the upcoming news? i weould not mind those if i could have an optiuon to fully turn off all supernatural lifestates not aliens i wenbt those in game but ghost and the rest i went to be able to turn those off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

Seems to me since the patch was always coming next week to end the egg hunt, and along with that comes teasers for new content. Not sure anything changed other than she didn't wait until Monday to post her excited gif. Now everyone knows it's next week! Amazing!

This is what is different:
    Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.

Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

I read that as on the 19th we will know what will be coming for the next couple of months.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited April 2016
    That's all well and good, but four months ago is not now. And EA tracks statistics quite religiously, so I still bet this decision is based on stats and not "player unrest" on this forum.

You can log in anytime and see the player stats. They are fine. They peaked with GT's release and have been good ever since. You have access to this info, even if you don't have TS4, by downloading the demo.

They released an infographic recently and the game had really good play stats.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I hope "talking about" means we'll actually get some details...maybe will finally learn the theme of the next GP, and we could still get it in the last week of April/first week of May
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Finally EA is going to give us something we have been asking for! Comminication of what to expect!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884212/no-plans-for-toddlers-or-pets-says-the-sims-latam#latest
    Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.

Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

I am stoked about this and I am stoked about having something to be stoked about!

Yeessss!!!!!!!

Woooottttt!!!!

I can hardly wait though I wonder if this is content thru patches.
  • Options
    My guess is that it's the result of fewer and fewer people actually playing TS4. Since it's tied to Origin, they can easily track that.

This is the result of my communication with all of you and your desires to know what to expect. This isn't something that just happened in a day, it has been in the works and had always been planned to go out on that date :)

Thanks for this SG Drake. We really appreciate it.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I hope "talking about" means we'll actually get some details...maybe will finally learn the theme of the next GP, and we could still get it in the last week of April/first week of May

Probably. Even if it's "Game Pack being announced on _____" at least it's something/
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yay! Finally. Can't wait for next week to come sooner!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

This is what is different:

I read that as on the 19th we will know what will be coming for the next couple of months.

But she did say they had planned to release this teaser for a while.
    My guess is that it's the result of fewer and fewer people actually playing TS4. Since it's tied to Origin, they can easily track that.

This is the result of my communication with all of you and your desires to know what to expect. This isn't something that just happened in a day, it has been in the works and had always been planned to go out on that date :)

• Options
    I'm hoping we'll find out about Gamepack 3,Ep 3 and what's to come in Stuffpack 7 and more.
  • Options
    The Spa Day Teaser was released on a Tuesday if you rememeber.
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    I feel nauseous.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain