Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lines of communication are opening up YAY!

167891012...Next

Comments

• MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    Well 3 more days and we will see if they truly are going to open up on what to expect. I understand the assumptions being made by some here that it will be more vague information or very little information but in 3 days we will know.

I hope that this is a sign of change and until the 19th I am going to just be happy about it and hope that i'm not wrong.

Well I hope we get more then vague info Tuesday.

I'm doing my best not to get my hopes up.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2016
    See, this is the problem. They might let us know stuff earlier of time, like Tuesday, but I sincerely doubt it'll ever be anything more than that. Toddlers are what's in my head right now, but they're not going to tell people what their 'vision' is, if toddlers/seasons/pets/university* will ever return etc. Therefore, the lines of communication aren't opening. There's just a bigger gap in the ajar door to see what's coming.

For our part, there's two options:

1) You accept that there's never going to be full disclosure.

2) You walk away.

Not saying that that will always be true but it is right now. This is all from various bits of information released since the leak.

*or whatever you're wanting to return, delete as applicable.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    @Scobre
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah so far the Sims 4 communication has been like this, full of disappointment.
    172eb14cc4705fcaceffda80fbefbaa8.jpg

Lol Haha! I so agree to this. The reveal so little so close to release date. I have to say that's the worst possible marketing known to man. Another game I was interested in called "Roller Tycoon World" had information released for months and when it was decided to be delayed for another couple of months they at least had the nerve to say why and what there plans were. A couple months in advance. But the Sims 4 they tip toe the information...uhh...about as much as a turn off as watching someone clip their toe nails.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Scobre
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah so far the Sims 4 communication has been like this, full of disappointment.
    172eb14cc4705fcaceffda80fbefbaa8.jpg

Lol Haha! I so agree to this. The reveal so little so close to release date. I have to say that's the worst possible marketing known to man. Another game I was interested in called "Roller Tycoon World" had information released for months and when it was decided to be delayed for another couple of months they at least had the nerve to say why and what there plans were. A couple months in advance. But the Sims 4 they tip toe the information...uhh...about as much as a turn off as watching someone clip their toe nails.
    Oh man that reminds me of a Father Ted episode. Toe nail clipping fly through the window. XD But yeah I love the rollercoaster tycoon series too. It just seems odd and it is starting to turn off many of their customers using this strategy. I do hope it changes a bit like what SimGuruDrake said. I heard Planet Coaster is supposed to be a better game though than RCTW. I'm still curious if competition will come for the Sims too. It seems like it is a competitive time for games lately. Anything can happen. I just think the Sims 4 deserves not to let customers down anymore. It's not a bad game. Features shouldn't be held at risk. It should get the best future possible. I'm tired of the excuses. It deserves to be better and communication needs to be better. I want the best possible future for the Sims 4. I want the Sims to remain a monopoly not just become like every other RPG mainstream game out there. I want aging and creativity expanded for the game. It's the Sims' forte is life simulation. So I hope to see it happen. I got disappointed with the Sims 3 already. I don't want the Sims 4 to repeat the same mistakes the Sims 3 set. That iteration already alienated customers. I'm sad yet another iteration is doing that again. Something needs to change to appeal to customers again. I want the Sims to feel like Sims again.

I might be asking too much, but I know with trying to leave the Sims before, I can't leave forever. I end up running into people who used to work on the game in one way or another. It will always be apart of me and I'll always be a loyal customer in one way or another. I just don't like having my brand loyalty treated like garbage just for the sake of short term profits. I want to invest in the Sims long term knowing it still will be there years to come. I guess I need to know there is that Maxis and customer business relationship still no matter what iteration we are in. I want to be able to trust Maxis, but with how communications has been so far and with what occurred with SimCity, it saddens me I don't anymore. It is true Maxis owes me nothing, but shouldn't customer retention matter to them? Don't they want their customers to come back? Or are we just pieces of trash that can easily be disposed of to them? It just doesn't make sense to me anymore especially after going to school for accounting. You don't just throw away long term profits like that. I don't know if it is because I've changed and grown up but it is like I want the Sims to feel fun again. I want to feel like I can fail at the game and still have fun. I want to see the series progress and the creativity of what I can do in the game progress. I want it to grow not be held back due to spec limitations. Honestly I don't know if I'm frustrated or disappointed anymore. I just know that Maxis is capable of doing much better than this. I believe in them. I just hope they can pull it off.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    There has to be an announcement on GP3 as I think it s 2 weeks away.
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    I wonder how long will the lines of communication will remain open, before being closed down.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    I wonder how long will the lines of communication will remain open, before being closed down.

Probably when a lot of questions are asked that there won't be answers for.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    @crockatail Two days after release. With minimum information prior! Hey as long as we keep getting them hashtags! I prefer hash-browns though
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    @crockatail Two days after release. With minimum information prior! Hey as long as we keep getting them hashtags! I prefer hash-browns though
    At least hash-browns you can eat, hashtags you can not! ;)