Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lines of communication are opening up YAY!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Lines are opening? well that may be. But I see this more like a panic mode. Someone told stuff they weren't suppose to tell (that Sims Latam account or whatever) so they decided the only thing they can do now is just spill the beans.

But hey, I might be wrong, and they will finally open up about their stuff.

Seems to me since the patch was always coming next week to end the egg hunt, and along with that comes teasers for new content. Not sure anything changed other than she didn't wait until Monday to post her excited gif. Now everyone knows it's next week! Amazing!

So you think she will post the excited gif Monday? Yes I can see that happening as well.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    *happily waits for the new info on Tuesday*
    I"m assuming they'll do it on both Twitter and the Forums but not sure of the time yet. Glad I'm off Tuesday.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I kind of feel like this decision was unplanned, and made as a result of the unrest of the fans.

If so, good.

That's been happening a lot lately. Toddler discussion gets out of hand and we get a toddler idea thread stickied to the top by a guru. @Orchid13 vents her frustration with retail system and we get a thread about improving retail (though only performance and not new features)

But that's the way it should be. We should have some communication about our issues and have some idea about what's coming.

I'm not expecting much but knowing what's going to be happening the next couple months will be nice.

I'm the queen of complains at this point. Even though I still think the stickied toddler thread was a way to calm down the people in my thread about thinking the team hasn't worked on toddlers (to make us believe they are listening), and they still havent adressed the issue directly. My thread died almost instantly after that and it had like 30 pages. If you think sbout it all toddler threads are in the feedback section including one about EA's silence so idk why the stickied a thread about toddler feedback in general section, it makes no sense and makes me think they have done nothing yet about toddlers

I only know my toddler thread died after that. To me is no use if the sticky feedback threads if they don't listen. By now they shouldn't be asking for advice on what we want in toddlers, they should give the, to us. Its been almost 2 years, if they keep this up we'll have half of the sims 4 cycle with a half baked family play

Ps: I'm just adressing the stickied thread , because they tagged me and the conversation has to do with it. I'm not praising it nor critizing it. If anything im only curious about how this toddler issue is being handled by the whole team and i don't understand why the feedback thing is stickied. By now i thought toddlers were going to be ready, period.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Lines are opening? well that may be. But I see this more like a panic mode. Someone told stuff they weren't suppose to tell (that Sims Latam account or whatever) so they decided the only thing they can do now is just spill the beans.

But hey, I might be wrong, and they will finally open up about their stuff.

Seems to me since the patch was always coming next week to end the egg hunt, and along with that comes teasers for new content. Not sure anything changed other than she didn't wait until Monday to post her excited gif. Now everyone knows it's next week! Amazing!

So you think she will post the excited gif Monday? Yes I can see that happening as well.

Well could be! If she doesn't.. I will muhaha >:)
    My guess is that it's the result of fewer and fewer people actually playing TS4. Since it's tied to Origin, they can easily track that.

This is the result of my communication with all of you and your desires to know what to expect. This isn't something that just happened in a day, it has been in the works and had always been planned to go out on that date :)

It would be nice if the team that works on the game could open the lines of communications though. You've said plenty of times you don't handle that area. I know many people appreciate you coming here, but some of us want direct information about the game and as long as you keep this same policy the problem wont get solved.
    21mbz47.jpg
    edited April 2016
    I wonder if were going to get a trailer for Gamepack 3 even though it's coming in May.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    My guess is that it's the result of fewer and fewer people actually playing TS4. Since it's tied to Origin, they can easily track that.

This is the result of my communication with all of you and your desires to know what to expect. This isn't something that just happened in a day, it has been in the works and had always been planned to go out on that date :)

It would be nice if the team that works on the game could open the lines of communications though. You've said plenty of times you don't handle that area. I know many people appreciate you coming here, but some of us want direct information about the game and as long as you keep this same policy the problem wont get solved.

The thing I really wonder is if they will be opening 'the lines of communication' about important subjects such as toddlers too. I doubt it.

• banana_x_xxbanana_x_xx Posts: 41 Member
    We will be getting information about what is coming in the next couple of months? That is great but what about now...
    edited April 2016

The thing I really wonder is if they will be opening 'the lines of communication' about important subjects such as toddlers too. I doubt it.

I don't even agree with the statement in the first place. I don't think SimGuruDrake is "opening the lines" of communication. She is doing the same thing all gurus have been doing on Twitter, but in the forums. We never get real information. They announce a SP a week before selling it, announce GPs two weeks before selling them. I won't even mention EPs , because they seem to have the most unorganized team working on them. It gets delayed, it has a thousand bugs, trailers are misguiding (GTW) , they don't seem to be about popular demand (GT was a risk) , we've had 2 expansion packs and only one included a decent world. I'm sorry but in GTW you can totally tell the game wasnt executed properly.

SPs are pretty good though. I feel like they have a good team working on them, but SPs can't, well, shouldn't be the game's strong suit.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    I wonder if were going to get a trailer for Gamepack 3 even though it's coming in May.

We might find ourselves living in one if we continue to wait for product alerts.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

I don't even agree with the statement in the first place. I don't think SimGuruDrake is "opening the lines" of communication. She is doing the same thing all gurus have been doing on Twitter, but in the forums. We never get real information. They announce a SP a week before selling it, announce GPs two weeks before selling them. I won't even mention EPs , because they seem to have the most unorganized team working on them. It gets delayed, it has a thousand bugs, trailers are misguiding (GTW) , they don't seem to be about popular demand (GT was a risk) , we've had 2 expansion packs and only one included a decent world. I'm sorry but in GTW you can totally tell the game wasnt executed properly.

SPs are pretty good though. I feel like they have a good team working on them, but SPs can't, well, shouldn't be the game's strong suit.

Agree.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    This is way better than keeping silent. Even if it takes month for new content to come, it's nice to know what it might be :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I miss those pack inserts too. I loved getting those about the next pack and holding it in my grubby, little hands and thinking about all the possibilities of ways to play based on the pictures or words on the card. Whenever I would put down the game from playing that new pack, I would study the insert about the next pack.
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    This is way better than keeping silent. Even if it takes month for new content to come, it's nice to know what it might be :)

Well I still hope Gamepack 3 isn't much futher away. I can deal with maybe Early May but I don't want to wait much longer then that.

On another note since were getting content info next week it would be good if we could get the new Gamepack Forum so we can talk about whatever GP Theme is revealed.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I miss those pack inserts too. I loved getting those about the next pack and holding it in my grubby, little hands and thinking about all the possibilities of ways to play based on the pictures or words on the card. Whenever I would put down the game from playing that new pack, I would study the insert about the next pack.
    I loved those too. It got me super excited as well holding them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    Shades302 wrote: »
    I hope we get a new supernatural type sim in the next upcoming what ever it is. ^^
    i really hope so too!
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    BOY wrote: »
    I hope we get a new supernatural type sim in the next upcoming what ever it is. ^^
    i really hope so too!

Yeah, I really would love to see vampires, for sims 3 vampires were the first supernatural sim type we got, and I miss them. XD
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If they posted a picture of something that will come in whatever pack is going to be released, I would probably save it to my desktop so I could see it and ponder the possibilities.
  • Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If they posted a picture of something that will come in whatever pack is going to be released, I would probably save it to my desktop so I could see it and ponder the possibilities.

Or you could use one of the custom content tools and create new objects and loading screens with it, then hope that the conflicting references don't cause corruption of your neighborhood once the official package is released! I'd call it The Sims 4: Go to Next Update.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2016

I honestly don't have a clue who played a role in the announcement of an announcement of an announcement for future content to be announced in coming months (lol) we will, of course, pay for, and are just so entitled to have received.

But I do think strongly agree they need to clean up the huge mess of leaving fans in the dark for so long. Giving us clutter in the form of stuff packs with an extra animation dubbed as "gameplay" is not an excuse to just leave us hanging for more, real content and gameplay with actual depth.

To EA & Co. : Don't shove a DLC window in my face by inserting, without my permission, a literal shiny button (that does not go away until I click) in my UI unless you have some quality DLC to offer me, and some decent organization for future releases.
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    Yeah, I really would love to see vampires, for sims 3 vampires were the first supernatural sim type we got, and I miss them. XD
    lol, i was just in CAS a few minutes ago making a "vampire"/sim i want to be a vampire when possible, and the sim in my avatar is another future vamp. i miss them too! like, a lot.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    BOY wrote: »
    lol, i was just in CAS a few minutes ago making a "vampire"/sim i want to be a vampire when possible, and the sim in my avatar is another future vamp. i miss them too! like, a lot.

I loved them in Sims 2 in Sims 3 they were a bit of a let down though. I'd love to see some new features as well so they can be expanded upon a bit maybe the ability of mind control.
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    29bo8j9.gif
    This calls for celebration!! We finally get some of what we've been wanting.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member

Fantastic! :D thank you! Looking forward to hearing what's in store...