Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What To Do When Bored In The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    When I'm bored I go on a bus ride and look at building usually houses, and think I wonder if I can make that in sims?? I get good ideas from seeing other peoples houses in real life.
    But a sure way to get you back in the game is to have a break away from it.
    When I'm out and about I see people and think, wow they would make a great looking sim, or a different looking sim, something different then have in my game.
    You can't make yourself like the game more by just playing it, your mind will go to jelly or jello.
    Try some fresh air and a good long walk or bus ride.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I usually take a break, or I don't play any games at all on my pc, but when i'm bored with the Sims 4 itself I normally make a new character and I try to read all the messages and explore the tiny features that I haven't discovered yet. That normally helps. :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Stop playing, there is only so much I can do to keep myself entertained with the game.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Fleurkween wrote: »
    Go outside.

7DVRbo9_zpsyehmzmnv.jpg

Isn't that the old Windows desktop background? Besides, weird things happen to people when they go outside.

screen-shot-2013-01-23-at-3-59-55-pm.png?w=551&h=309
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Doing anything you'll reach mental saturation point sooner or later - trying to drag it out will only make it worse. I find the best thing is to go and do something else for a while.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    OP, I get bored everyday in this game when I load it up. But I go do other things, like a movie of my interest or read or play a different game which may include TS2 and TS3 most of the time. However, those things inspire me to come back to TS4 and see if I can play those same characters in my other games and see what happens to them in this version. I also build themes to towns etc. This comes from me playing other games of fantasy and etc. Or watching some old show and then see if I can create those characters in this game. It helps to draw your inspiration from every where for building and creating Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2016
    And some of us can't play that "Go outside Game" no matter how badly we wish we could - because real life exists in the real world and unlike sims, some of us - through issues not of our own making have become like Twilight vampires and can only go outside on dark, cloudy overcast days when it is neither too hot or too cool - seemingly a very narrow window for many of us. For over 5 years I was housebound - and even now even though I finally have been able to develop a few immunities so I can go outside of my house - I am still under the gun if the sun is shining and temperatures are below 66 or higher than 77. I have a very narrow window - and really is it worth playing that game at all anyway - for some of us? Yes there are tons of things I dream about wanting to do - something as simple as attending the faery festival - when I know in reality - it ain't gonna happen - not for me. Nope. In reality I know life is too unpredictable outside the safety of my controlled environment and the sun - which I once practically worshiped, as I used to be a very outdoorsy kind of girl - and then I met a monster called CLL and even though I won the battle - the monster took away my life as I knew it. Must be nice to think - I will go to the beach today or a hike to the top of Mount Washington and visit the weather station - or maybe I will go for a nice long ride on horseback and have a picnic by one of the many lovely waterfalls we have here in the White Mountains. Yeah - I can think it all I like. Wish it even - but it doesn't mean it can happen. I deceive myself.

For some of us, even though we fought a long scary battle and supposedly won - we are still defeated and live life vicariously through a life simulation game - which frankly this version of the game stinks just about as badly as my real life. You have to remember one thing - lots and lots of those 7 billion players in your Outside game also play the game of real life - but on a very unequal palette. Just because you are healthy and capable to fully enjoy Outside with no adverse effects - some of the 7 billion are lucky to even see the outside once or twice a year. Instead we dream about it. We remember how it is to be YOU and all the many things we once enjoyed - without a second thought or care.

Some people - unmeaningly can be more cruel than they realize - as they think every one is just like them. I see the world go about its merry way every day - cars carrying people - all going somewhere. Me, well then I go back to my pc and try to enjoy life through a game....

Remember that, if you remember nothing else. Also remember - once some of us were just like YOU, and now we are not. Some of us - life is the game or we would have no life at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Fleurkween wrote: »
    Go outside.

7DVRbo9_zpsyehmzmnv.jpg

Isn't that the old Windows desktop background? Besides, weird things happen to people when they go outside.

screen-shot-2013-01-23-at-3-59-55-pm.png?w=551&h=309
    Nah that only happens if you are from LINDA, stalk the Doctor and he comes too late to save your body.
    On the other hand... I propably would stalk 10 and 12 :sweat_smile:
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Well I just uninstall it and install something else less boring to play!

I will install it again if something new interests me.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    Not play. lol. ;)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I haven't played TS4 much myself lately. I usually go on a CC downloading spree, make a nice sim, then once I get in the game I just get bored and quit. I've tried challenges and such, but those don't last long either cause I find it too lacking in other areas. Most I ever do in it now is a single sim with a retail store.

I've gone back to playing TS3 for now as far as Sims games go. Using Nraas in combination with fixed worlds have eliminated nearly all lag, even in Isla Paradiso. When I'm not playing that though I like to play my other games that aren't boring, like Fallout :p
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    FlyingDarkWingFlyingDarkWing Posts: 111 Member
    Well for me I play my console games and maybe watch video's on YouTube as well read Fanfiction, and play sims 3 2 and just make sims 4 a side play when I feel like it.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited April 2016
    When I'm out of ideas for TS4, I either go on a horror killing spree in my sim towns or I play The Witcher series or DA: Inquisition.

If you don't want to play a different game, I suggest creating a save of horror. Pick your favorite genre (survival, horror, apocalyptic, etc) and remodel your town to fit that setting. Make some crazy sims (or download like-minded ones from the Gallery) to populate your town. Delete all the pre-mades! Unless you have a specific favorite... for instance I always leave the Goths, but everyone else gets roasted. lol Craft your main character (be sure to give them unfavorable traits) and attempt to survive in your new landscape with a tent, an ice chest, campfire, and a woodworking table. Everything you eat you have to harvest from around town and roast it on the fire. You can build only what the woodworking table allows you to build. Get a cowplant through fishing too, it makes things more interesting when the neighbors also get eaten. LOL
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    MegastephMegasteph Posts: 58 Member
    You could try to create known celebrities and live their life in the game and add a little bit of dramas and tragedy here and there XD. To be honest if you have two monitors i would play the game and watch something on the side.
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    I've been getting bored of the sims 4 for a while, so I re-installed the sims 3 and started playing that.

If you don't own it you can get it pretty cheap. It is a nice break from ts4 and when I gain interest in the sims 4 again the game will be waiting for me, :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    When I'm bored I go on a bus ride and look at building usually houses, and think I wonder if I can make that in sims?? I get good ideas from seeing other peoples houses in real life.
    But a sure way to get you back in the game is to have a break away from it.
    When I'm out and about I see people and think, wow they would make a great looking sim, or a different looking sim, something different then have in my game.
    You can't make yourself like the game more by just playing it, your mind will go to jelly or jello.
    Try some fresh air and a good long walk or bus ride.

I too get a lot of my inspiration from my surroundings. Right now I'm working on filling Newcrest with shops so when I'm out and about I'm always on the lookout for cute names for my shops or ideas for new shops.
  • Options
    JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    Usually when I get bored with my game it's because my Sim has too many skills or aspirations completed. I usually just create another Sim and start again.
  • Options
    Quess_is_BakedQuess_is_Baked Posts: 129 Member
    Play something else. I mean it's only so much that can be done in Sims 4 right now. Take a break, go outside, read a book, turn on the PS4. If you have an xbox one, shame on you. Lol.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    @Writin_Reg , had to do a search for CLL. So sorry to hear of your struggles.
  • Options
    FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    edited April 2016
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    And some of us can't play that "Go outside Game" no matter how badly we wish we could - because real life exists in the real world and unlike sims, some of us - through issues not of our own making have become like Twilight vampires and can only go outside on dark, cloudy overcast days when it is neither too hot or too cool - seemingly a very narrow window for many of us. For over 5 years I was housebound - and even now even though I finally have been able to develop a few immunities so I can go outside of my house - I am still under the gun if the sun is shining and temperatures are below 66 or higher than 77. I have a very narrow window - and really is it worth playing that game at all anyway - for some of us? Yes there are tons of things I dream about wanting to do - something as simple as attending the faery festival - when I know in reality - it ain't gonna happen - not for me. Nope. In reality I know life is too unpredictable outside the safety of my controlled environment and the sun - which I once practically worshiped, as I used to be a very outdoorsy kind of girl - and then I met a monster called CLL and even though I won the battle - the monster took away my life as I knew it. Must be nice to think - I will go to the beach today or a hike to the top of Mount Washington and visit the weather station - or maybe I will go for a nice long ride on horseback and have a picnic by one of the many lovely waterfalls we have here in the White Mountains. Yeah - I can think it all I like. Wish it even - but it doesn't mean it can happen. I deceive myself.

For some of us, even though we fought a long scary battle and supposedly won - we are still defeated and live life vicariously through a life simulation game - which frankly this version of the game stinks just about as badly as my real life. You have to remember one thing - lots and lots of those 7 billion players in your Outside game also play the game of real life - but on a very unequal palette. Just because you are healthy and capable to fully enjoy Outside with no adverse effects - some of the 7 billion are lucky to even see the outside once or twice a year. Instead we dream about it. We remember how it is to be YOU and all the many things we once enjoyed - without a second thought or care.

Some people - unmeaningly can be more cruel than they realize - as they think every one is just like them. I see the world go about its merry way every day - cars carrying people - all going somewhere. Me, well then I go back to my pc and try to enjoy life through a game....

Remember that, if you remember nothing else. Also remember - once some of us were just like YOU, and now we are not. Some of us - life is the game or we would have no life at all.

I'm sorry. The post was not directed towards you in any way, but I understand how it could be taken as ignorant.
    Thank you for the informative post, you have opened my eyes in some form.
    Best wishes.

\cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
  • Options
    gabriellere42gabriellere42 Posts: 2 New Member
    i have gotten super bored in the sims 4 i have started to download mods and i want to make my own custom content on TSR but sense i have a mac i can't any suggestions to make it a lot more fun i love the sims 4 and just want something else to do. i wish you could play with friends.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Ditch TS4 & play the other games:
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I recreate sims from previous sims games that I enjoyed playing. Oasis Springs is now Strangeville, Willow Creek is now Pleasantview.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    I play Splatoon or Smash Bros. or Plants Vs. Zombies 2. I still play the other three Sims games too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    Play Sims 3. The last REAL Sims version you will ever see.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top