Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What To Do When Bored In The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If I'm bored of live mode and how no building to do I tend to go off and do something else.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    When I get bored I play a single sim or a couple of sims and create them in a way I don't formally do. I'll use cloths,hair styles and body types that I don't like that much and use them anyways- then I work a career or life aspiration that I never really have completed or rarely do. I always find I get more attached to these sims because they are so different than what I normally make. Or if I'm super bored I kill all my sims, shut down my computer and go outside ha!
  • Options
    Darth_Awesome12Darth_Awesome12 Posts: 16 Member
    Personally, i have been getting bored with TS4 and I honestly am DESPERATE for something new.
    Do you have any EPs or GPs? City living will keep you entertained I promise!
    Sick of everyone getting old and dying off? Create some new, fresh people to add into your town! Maybe if your at the point where the goth family dies off, recreate bella and mortimer?
    I am running a random generations/lehacy challenge where I try to keep myself intrested and keep playing for as long as possible. :)
    Try and recreate your simself!
    Download CC :love:
    And browse through the gallery!
    Or if everythung on this list seems SO BORRING, :unamused:
    Take a break. Ahhh! :sunglasses:
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I usually take a look at mods, challenges, try to find something to sparkle my creativity. But sometimes it's hard, I haven't played at all this month. I even want to, when I can't play I get all sorts of ideas. But when I get home, I'm too lazy to turn the pc on and open the game, so now what haha I'm on hold for new content too I guess.
  • Options
    Doom_Aggedon21Doom_Aggedon21 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @AlannahGreen said:
    > I am getting a bit bored with the game so it would be great to have some suggestions on what other things I can do in the game to make it entertaining. Challenges aren't really working and making awesome families isn't either. Not hating on the game, I sometimes just don't know what to do

Make the hunger games with different characters from different tv series/movies I like doing that... Sometimes I get bored so I make a new family
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Drive a car really fast
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    edited July 2017
    Personally, I:
    By intent I mean, - this time I got unkind, stubborn, dependable(INTENT) for the first link and
    Family-Oriented, Loves Outdoors, Mean, Clumsy, Materialistic, Art Lover (I use a trait mod to make it so they can have more)

For me, this translates as a rich, mean loner grandfather that despite his horrible and stingy nature, does care for his children and thus that would be the character. The INTENT(unkind,stubborn,dependable) result translates for me as him being reluctant to hand over his fortune and continuing to be independent/a hard worker likely tending to his elaborate garden or fishing/some other outdoors hobby and being mischievous/mean to his grandkids at times.

His ghost would definitely be a hassle.
    I would then likely do the same for the other characters - aforementioned grandkids and his children/their parents. Perhaps one of them really is after his fortune and up to no good. I use the first generator and not just the second because it allows me to branch out from the restrictive sims traits and interpret them in a different way.

Anyway, after I do all of that (possibly with use of other generators as well to make it crazier, one of which is combined with my own creation), I usually just let my imagination carry me away to CC/pack and storyland. That's if I still want to play The Sims, but I'm lost. Alternatively, I just do something else.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I don't know if this has been said already, but it is what I am doing: create a sim that lives in a trailer. :) I made a sim living in a trailer in highshool that is failing, and skips school a lot and parties. It is so fun!
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    you should go do something else for awhile even sims get bored doing one thing all the time
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    For quite a few weeks I have been kept occupied by re-doing every world from scratch! I thought I would get bored of it by now, but I am still having fun.

I have downloaded some of the Lots (and edited to my own taste) but I have also built many of them myself. I have now completed the largest portion of the worlds - I need to finish 4 homes in Newcrest, then do San Myshuno and the vampire world. Then I am going to create heaps of sims and families to fill some of the houses.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,619 Member
    I confess! If I get bored while playing, I save the game, and squish it and then read my emails for a bit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BurritossBurritoss Posts: 6 New Member
    Try making a new world i do that all the time! lol :D
  • Options
    BurritossBurritoss Posts: 6 New Member
    i also take a break...watch tv ,play a different game,listen to music stuff like that
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Same thing I do when I am bored with anything, give it up until or unless I become interested again. Eh, no big deal for me...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I switch over to different games, or read, or TV/Movie binge.
    Then go back to Sims.
    (But, I have been amazed by how many things I have been finding lately, in real life, for furniture and stuff, that are in Sims 4...) :*

• Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited August 2017
    I go through crazy spurts of being totally obsessed with wanting to do everything in The Sims 4 to not opening the game for months on end. I suggest doing crazy challenges, for example The 100 Baby Challenge which lasts a long amount of time. Also giving townies or friends makeovers is pretty fun.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited August 2017
    When I get bored in TS4 I go play another game or go spin some yarn or crochet or walk the dogs or play with the ferrets or do house work or... Well here's the thing when I get bored "playing with" life, I go live life lol
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    When I get bored I watch the world burn. The Sims world that is.
    I break up marriages, download celeb look-a-like sims that impregnate all the sim ladies, come up with epic storylines, create a simblr to record the story on, look up some new interesting mods to download and if all else fails, I take a break from it.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    In a sims 4 funk! I got toddler stuff and parenthood yesterday since the game has been feeling rather dry to me, so I was excited for new items, interactions, etc. I played for a day and then today returned parenthood :neutral: I really really reallllly want to love this game, I have always loved the sims franchise, but even with the stuff packs, game packs, expansion backs the game feel so....empty. I can't quite put my finger on it, it's just lacking in I don't know what. I have MCC command center, I use dlc and mods and it's just meh.
    I don't want to stop playing but I can't keep playing either.
    Any ideas/challenges to spruce up my game play?
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I found the black widow challenge fun! And yeah that's always happens to me too unfortunately :/
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    ambrown wrote: »
    In a sims 4 funk! I got toddler stuff and parenthood yesterday since the game has been feeling rather dry to me, so I was excited for new items, interactions, etc. I played for a day and then today returned parenthood :neutral: I really really reallllly want to love this game, I have always loved the sims franchise, but even with the stuff packs, game packs, expansion backs the game feel so....empty. I can't quite put my finger on it, it's just lacking in I don't know what. I have MCC command center, I use dlc and mods and it's just meh.
    I actually feel the same, this game just doesn't do it for me like the previous ones did...

If I do play I spend most of the time in CAS cause it's the part of the game I like most, but other stuff... Not so much.

I just can't stay interested for long... I can still play TS1 and TS2 for HOURS, but I don't know why it's not the case with TS4...

P.S
    The mods here REALLY don't want this forum to have any thread that somewhat questions their decisions in TS4, huh? I noticed you wrote this as it's own thread and they moved it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2017
    When I don't know what to do or just plain bored with The Sims 4, I usually go on to play another game. :#

I'll either play another game or do something non-game related (write, read, etc.). If I want to do something Sims related but don't feel like playing any of my current saves (or if I'm holding off on playing while I'm waiting for impending new content) I'll work on building and remodeling; I'll download houses from the Gallery to evaluate and see what works and what doesn't to improve my own building skills, or I'll remodel/redesign houses so I can add second floors and/or basements if necessary for my own game play. I don't reupload the remodeled houses because that would be unfair to the original creator (the only exception is with Maxis-created venues like the base game houses where I added basements); I only use them in my own game play.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    naomeh wrote: »
    Personally, I:
    By intent I mean, - this time I got unkind, stubborn, dependable(INTENT) for the first link and
    Family-Oriented, Loves Outdoors, Mean, Clumsy, Materialistic, Art Lover (I use a trait mod to make it so they can have more)

For me, this translates as a rich, mean loner grandfather that despite his horrible and stingy nature, does care for his children and thus that would be the character. The INTENT(unkind,stubborn,dependable) result translates for me as him being reluctant to hand over his fortune and continuing to be independent/a hard worker likely tending to his elaborate garden or fishing/some other outdoors hobby and being mischievous/mean to his grandkids at times.

His ghost would definitely be a hassle.
    I would then likely do the same for the other characters - aforementioned grandkids and his children/their parents. Perhaps one of them really is after his fortune and up to no good. I use the first generator and not just the second because it allows me to branch out from the restrictive sims traits and interpret them in a different way.

Anyway, after I do all of that (possibly with use of other generators as well to make it crazier, one of which is combined with my own creation), I usually just let my imagination carry me away to CC/pack and storyland. That's if I still want to play The Sims, but I'm lost. Alternatively, I just do something else.

Oooh -- I just saved that first link to my Writing folder; I've got a novel in mind but I need some good exercises to break through assorted blocks. B)
  • Options
    FaybelFaybel Posts: 53 Member
    Usually I come away from the game for awhile and immerse myself in something else, usually another roleplaying style game. Then I'll come back all refreshed and ready to start a new family. I'm kinda itching to get back into it right now, but I don't wanna tire myself out and be bored again by the time pets is released, so I've kinda challenged myself to not play until November. It's.. gonna be hard :/
  • Options
    ambrown wrote: »

I've found a lot more life in my game with MCCC.

Example: my current "family play" save. One family is your basic everyday family: Dad, Mom (met through the Wishing Well so maybe not totally "normal") and 3 kids (child and boy/girl twin toddlers). The other family, well, it's "complicated". Summer Holiday had twins (Emory and Cameron) with Gavin Richards, then she married Gunther Munch. Then my Sim, Cassidy Purdue, met Gunther at the Romance Festival and they started a relationship, and she ended up pregnant with Gunther's baby. Summer and Gunther had a fight and she divorced him -- she sent Cameron to live with his father Gavin and his new wife Ulrike (nee Faust), while Gunther grabbed Emory before she could send him to Child Services (aka get deleted) and the two of them moved in with Cassidy and her son Jaxon. The household is now Emory, Jaxon, Cassidy and Gunther's daughter Michaela, plus the two adults. And since Emory was a Clingy toddler, he has some remaining issues that flare up now and then, but with Parenthood I can have him write in his journal to resolve those conflicts.

My other current save is a lot less conflict for now. I have a single Sim who is a scientist who is also studying to be a vampire hunter. Right now she's mainly grinding out the vampire lore skill and mixology so she'll be able to make the vampiric cure potion; she's also got a small garden with plasma fruit, garlic and wolfbane in her side yard. I'll probably have her quit the Science career once she makes the SimRay and then she can focus more on the vampire hunting;
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top