Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes, Sims 3 had lot of options that Sims 4 cannot even touch it may not have had most of the quirkness that was in Sims 2 (which Sims 4 lacks as well) but I had a lot to do compared to Sims 4. Emotions(when it works), multitask may be good but I did not buy a game for just to see a Sim have a emotion I wanted options where I can create and grow how I wanted the game to. You can't do that in Sims 4 physically because the neighborhoods are static by nature and I call it stunted growth you reach a point and you are stuck. I love the connecting neighborhoods but that within itself is not enough. Dang even Sims 2 had a lot of options and it was a quarter of a block. You can throw a lot of items in a game but throwing no features in is just dull. I rule nothing in Sims 4 because I can't even get close to creating what I want. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    charlisse2011charlisse2011 Posts: 15 Member
    > @momboqueen said:
    > I spend my time between 2 and 3. Four just doesn't hold my attention now.

I love you

Sims3 always !!!

... Still, I'm gonna test Sims4 a bit later tonight but I feel my answer won't change
  • Options
    charlisse2011charlisse2011 Posts: 15 Member
    > @NanoThree said:
    > > @christinebremner said:
    > > Sims 3 is by far my favourite, with Sims 2 not far behind but Sims 4 is like a badly made meal, one taste and you wanna throw it in the bin.
    >
    > This!
    >
    >

I plus to This!
  • Options
    jujuwahjujuwah Posts: 96 Member
    i do enjoy TS4 once in awhile but the sims 3 is way much better and fun it's hard to stop playing TS3 but it's easy to stop playing TS4, however i did not stop playing TS4 when get together was out it's amazing and it made the game more alive but still it's nothing compared to TS3 basically TS3 is a LEGEND
    tumblr_o45xj6Y6ew1tkowr1o3_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Other reasons I dislike TS4 include:
    • Culling of sims (kills the family tree and the social interactions)
    • No Toddlers (newborn to 9 year old in seconds!)
    • No Pools or Dishwashers at launch (and you guys thought that no diving boards was bad)
    • Lack of Open World (makes the game feel extremely restrictive and boring)
    • Lack of Create-A-Style (KILLS building and furnishing, yet still performance issues?)
    • Loading Screens Galore! (Even to get to your nextdoor neighbour's house, even though all the furniture is clearly already loaded up inside)
    • Bad Choices for EPs (Don't add Aliens before toddlers plz.....)
    • STILL no base game Seasons or Pets (I understand that they take a long time to make, but they could've at least developed on TS4 for longer)

Hang on. Need to go stop my hands from shaking and fix my Repetitive Strain Injury.

I find it rather hypocritical
    • Culling: a good thing, Random NPC homeless townies were culled by using Twallan's mod in TS3 because they were a big annoyance
    • Toddler: another big annoyance in TS3, crying all the time everywhere in the world.
    • Pool and Dishwasher are free and include to the TS4 basegame, your argue is a non sense. TS3 didn't get Tattoos, Body hair, Create A creature or Dryer/Washer at the launch.
    • Open buggy and unstable world, endless world loading, endless world saving and Error 12. Your sims were prisoner of an unique world.
    • Create A Style and slow texture loading and overloaded memory
    • Objects Loading galore in TS3, you spend your time to wait about 5min before all the objects are loaded, it's worst if you switch between 8 sims in different places.
    • Bad choices: Let's talk about the annoying mummy and useless simbot, people complained so much they did plumbot.
    • Seasons or Pets ? Seriously you want it without toddler ?
    You do realize a lot of what you say here doesn't make any sense to a lot of simmers? Most open worlds work perfectly fine for me (except for Bridgeport, IP and China; they need help), my game loads in four minutes, saving takes about ten seconds, I never encountered error 12, texture and objects load immediately, I like the mummies (I'll grant you the simbot :s ) and just look at this prisoner:

Zwerver_850_zpsqceftvzx.png

Of course it depends on your computer, but I don't quite get why it's hypocritical to not have the issues you mention and to not find toddlers annoying.

I don't agree with any of his points personally, but I kind of understand where he's coming from by the "prisoner" statement. Sometimes, while playing TS3, it sort of felt like my Sim was trapped and confined to this area, and could never escape. Maybe I would just get bored with the theme of the world, I don't know. I don't really feel that way in TS4, and I'd imagine that's only because I can freely travel amongst any of its worlds with no issue.

Open world or closed, I think the ability to take our Sims to any of the game's worlds to visit or change their home lot is a must.
    Yes, I understand why that may feel 'imprisoned', but the way Sims 3 is designed allows you to escape that prison easily, without needing mods.
    Take Demyan.

Eacuteowyn_033.jpg
    Demyan meets Éowyn, my heir, in Sunlit Tides.

Eacuteowyn_415_zps151eb868.png
    Demyan in Lunar Lakes, where he ended up in an attempt to save Éowyn, who got abducted by aliens.

Eacuteowyn_526ab_zps216823c3.png
    Demyan reunited with Éowyn, collecting his son who stayed with his father in law in Hidden Springs.

Eacuteowyn_527aa_zpseaf2b6ee.jpg
    Demyan and his family arriving in Monte Vista to visit his own father.
    They decide to leave Sunlit Tides and permanently settle in Italy.

Raven_769_zps9576f0e1.png
    Demyan visiting his pregnant granddaughter Raven in Isla Paradiso.

Raven_853_zpsf9ece2e8.png
    Demyan arriving in Midnight Hollow, to save some poor souls who are trapped in a haunted world, among whom the father of Raven's child.

Raven_1018_zps6170ac2f.png
    Demyan in Dragon Valley, gifting his greatgrandson his first wand.

This is the life of one sim in Sims 3, the way I play the game. I just take them anywhere when I feel like it. And yes, I have to save families into the bin to do it and start a new game, but that's very easily done. The only thing I had to remember was to put in a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon in there before putting him in. Sims 3 only is a prison when you want it to be. And I don't. One sim, one story, seven different worlds.

But you do lose progress by saving Sims to the bin (I think the relationships reset too, as you cannot contact Sims from your original, home world) and the process itself isn't at all seamless. It takes too much time, when I think we should be able to just take our Sims anywhere without going through all of those steps, whether it's a closed world or open one.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2016
    Other reasons I dislike TS4 include:
    • Culling of sims (kills the family tree and the social interactions)
    • No Toddlers (newborn to 9 year old in seconds!)
    • No Pools or Dishwashers at launch (and you guys thought that no diving boards was bad)
    • Lack of Open World (makes the game feel extremely restrictive and boring)
    • Lack of Create-A-Style (KILLS building and furnishing, yet still performance issues?)
    • Loading Screens Galore! (Even to get to your nextdoor neighbour's house, even though all the furniture is clearly already loaded up inside)
    • Bad Choices for EPs (Don't add Aliens before toddlers plz.....)
    • STILL no base game Seasons or Pets (I understand that they take a long time to make, but they could've at least developed on TS4 for longer)

Hang on. Need to go stop my hands from shaking and fix my Repetitive Strain Injury.

I find it rather hypocritical
    • Culling: a good thing, Random NPC homeless townies were culled by using Twallan's mod in TS3 because they were a big annoyance
    • Toddler: another big annoyance in TS3, crying all the time everywhere in the world.
    • Pool and Dishwasher are free and include to the TS4 basegame, your argue is a non sense. TS3 didn't get Tattoos, Body hair, Create A creature or Dryer/Washer at the launch.
    • Open buggy and unstable world, endless world loading, endless world saving and Error 12. Your sims were prisoner of an unique world.
    • Create A Style and slow texture loading and overloaded memory
    • Objects Loading galore in TS3, you spend your time to wait about 5min before all the objects are loaded, it's worst if you switch between 8 sims in different places.
    • Bad choices: Let's talk about the annoying mummy and useless simbot, people complained so much they did plumbot.
    • Seasons or Pets ? Seriously you want it without toddler ?
    You do realize a lot of what you say here doesn't make any sense to a lot of simmers? Most open worlds work perfectly fine for me (except for Bridgeport, IP and China; they need help), my game loads in four minutes, saving takes about ten seconds, I never encountered error 12, texture and objects load immediately, I like the mummies (I'll grant you the simbot :s ) and just look at this prisoner:

Zwerver_850_zpsqceftvzx.png

Of course it depends on your computer, but I don't quite get why it's hypocritical to not have the issues you mention and to not find toddlers annoying.

I don't agree with any of his points personally, but I kind of understand where he's coming from by the "prisoner" statement. Sometimes, while playing TS3, it sort of felt like my Sim was trapped and confined to this area, and could never escape. Maybe I would just get bored with the theme of the world, I don't know. I don't really feel that way in TS4, and I'd imagine that's only because I can freely travel amongst any of its worlds with no issue.

Open world or closed, I think the ability to take our Sims to any of the game's worlds to visit or change their home lot is a must.
    Yes, I understand why that may feel 'imprisoned', but the way Sims 3 is designed allows you to escape that prison easily, without needing mods.
    Take Demyan.

Eacuteowyn_033.jpg
    Demyan meets Éowyn, my heir, in Sunlit Tides.

Eacuteowyn_415_zps151eb868.png
    Demyan in Lunar Lakes, where he ended up in an attempt to save Éowyn, who got abducted by aliens.

Eacuteowyn_526ab_zps216823c3.png
    Demyan reunited with Éowyn, collecting his son who stayed with his father in law in Hidden Springs.

Eacuteowyn_527aa_zpseaf2b6ee.jpg
    Demyan and his family arriving in Monte Vista to visit his own father.
    They decide to leave Sunlit Tides and permanently settle in Italy.

Raven_769_zps9576f0e1.png
    Demyan visiting his pregnant granddaughter Raven in Isla Paradiso.

Raven_853_zpsf9ece2e8.png
    Demyan arriving in Midnight Hollow, to save some poor souls who are trapped in a haunted world, among whom the father of Raven's child.

Raven_1018_zps6170ac2f.png
    Demyan in Dragon Valley, gifting his greatgrandson his first wand.

This is the life of one sim in Sims 3, the way I play the game. I just take them anywhere when I feel like it. And yes, I have to save families into the bin to do it and start a new game, but that's very easily done. The only thing I had to remember was to put in a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon in there before putting him in. Sims 3 only is a prison when you want it to be. And I don't. One sim, one story, seven different worlds.

But you do lose progress by saving Sims to the bin (I think the relationships reset too, as you cannot contact Sims from your original, home world) and the process itself isn't at all seamless. It takes too much time, when I think we should be able to just take our Sims anywhere without going through all of those steps, whether it's a closed world or open one.
    No, they don't lose any progress. Even the ghosts on the graveyards don't, which is why I could use a dead ancestor of my sim once to catch a deathfish for him. And you can put 8 sims in one household, they all stay related. So I always put the 8 most important ones in one house and save them (and all the graves of their ancestors in their inventory). Important friends and families are also put into the new world. And they make a lot of new friends, which I happen to like. Lunar Lakes I even filled with aliens. That sure was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I'm never in a hurry when I live my fantasy in this game, so I just don't mind taking those steps. Actually that's part of the fun. Preparing. Which doesn't mean I wouldn't love Sims 3 worlds to be connected, but I can also see how that perhaps is very complicated and maybe would cause a lot of problems. You really can't compare it to the connected Sims 4 neighborhoods. On the other hand, like @GaiaHypothesis showed, there is a mod available to travel between worlds, so it is possible.

My only point was that no, Sims 3 doesn't play like a prison. When you play one family (and I have since May 2010), you're not condemned to playing in the one world you chose when you started. My family started in Sunset Valley, then moved to Riverview, then Hidden Springs, then Sunlit Tides, then Monte Vista, then Isla Paradiso and now they live in Dragon Valley. I'm leaving out the little trips they did - like Lunar Lakes and Midnight Hollow - and also the adventures some of them had in the WA worlds and Oasis Landing. Some prison ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member

Yeah, as @JoAnne65 stated, I use the Traveler Mod to keep all those things intact. IF like you say something is that important to you, and the game doesn't provide such services then you are able to use a VERY easy mod. So for me it goes like this (In game), use sim phone and click on "travel service", choose destination as well as who is coming (not all sims need to come along) and length of stay, GO! Then you get one long loading screen (or less long depending on the world and population) TADA!

And before anyone says "Well I shouldn't HAVE to use a mod to do XY." Perhaps not, BUT if you want to tailor your game in the way you want to play which is outside of the realm that the company wants you to play... then you head for mods. Just as I did with TS4 for a bevy of things, some that are completely un-fixable at this moment in time.

So IMO my issue with TS4 is that there are issues that do not have "easy fixes" for those that want to tailor the game. The game in itself is just not that customizable. That's not to say its a terrible game! I played it for a good solid while and then.. just drifted away for lack of customization and lack of Open World. I hope that they can fix the CAS to allow for more optimal customization of the sims (opacity, colour ramps for hair/skin/eyes), as well as better world customization (no backdrops, or choice of backdrops, no fake neighborhoods etc). However its my understanding at this point having even Open Neighborhood is wishful thinking. Sadly, this is pretty game-breaking to me. There are no mods out there for me, YET, to fix these issues. Where there is basically a mod for everything that I don't like about TS3. Maybe in the future... maybe.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Yeah, as @JoAnne65 stated, I use the Traveler Mod to keep all those things intact. IF like you say something is that important to you, and the game doesn't provide such services then you are able to use a VERY easy mod. So for me it goes like this (In game), use sim phone and click on "travel service", choose destination as well as who is coming (not all sims need to come along) and length of stay, GO! Then you get one long loading screen (or less long depending on the world and population) TADA!

And before anyone says "Well I shouldn't HAVE to use a mod to do XY." Perhaps not, BUT if you want to tailor your game in the way you want to play which is outside of the realm that the company wants you to play... then you head for mods. Just as I did with TS4 for a bevy of things, some that are completely un-fixable at this moment in time.

So IMO my issue with TS4 is that there are issues that do not have "easy fixes" for those that want to tailor the game. The game in itself is just not that customizable. That's not to say its a terrible game! I played it for a good solid while and then.. just drifted away for lack of customization and lack of Open World. I hope that they can fix the CAS to allow for more optimal customization of the sims (opacity, colour ramps for hair/skin/eyes), as well as better world customization (no backdrops, or choice of backdrops, no fake neighborhoods etc). However its my understanding at this point having even Open Neighborhood is wishful thinking. Sadly, this is pretty game-breaking to me. There are no mods out there for me, YET, to fix these issues. Where there is basically a mod for everything that I don't like about TS3. Maybe in the future... maybe.
    I'd like to highlight (bold) that sentence, cause that's exactly the quintessens I think. Sims 3 is designed to just play in one world at the time (and being able to travel to four), so you could say that is limiting in a way. But there are two quite simple ways to tackle those limits, with and without mods. I'm really curious by the way what will be possible in Sims 4, I hope they'll add a lot of different neighborhoods to it in the future. I prefer worlds myself, being able to play complete adventures (which imo is easier when you have a lot of room and also landscape you can play in, and freedom to change the worlds a bit; when I put aliens in Lunar Lakes, I don't want to bump into them in Sunlit Tides or Monte Vista for instance, unless I invite them over). But on the other hand the possibility to be able to travel everywhere you want to in one game is - without a doubt - a promising improvement.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Ridgehand2015Ridgehand2015 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @jusMeh said:
    > friendlysimmers wrote: »
    >
    > wrong sims 4 is better than sims3 witch is outdated since the sims4 came out
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wrong - Sims 3 is better than Sims 4 which is outdated due to major features gone totally backwards. :)

+This
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    > @jusMeh said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wrong - Sims 3 is better than Sims 4 which is outdated due to major features gone totally backwards. :)

+This

Thanks! <3
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    > @jusMeh said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

+This

HaHa totally agree!

The sims 3 is outdated yet it as more features than the sims 4!

None the sims 3 wins in this argument.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    TheSimsMasterTheSimsMaster Posts: 20 New Member
    I agree with you, to be honest, The Sims 4 was a joke! I expected much more from it. The only way you can make it fun is if you buy lots of expansion and stuff packs.
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    edited April 2016
    for me sims 3 is still better than sims 4 i never played sims 4.
    Post edited by roman2886 on
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    I could make a list of things that are better in TS3, but I’ll just post a picture...

LAwofSx.png
    I use a lighting mod made by Buhudain.
    And it isn’t constituted from fake backdrops.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    Voeille wrote: »
    I could make a list of things that are better in TS3, but I’ll just post a picture...

LAwofSx.png
    I use a lighting mod made by Buhudain.
    And it isn’t constituted from fake backdrops.

The fake backdrops in TS4 made me pretty upset when I first play. I felt like I was being tricked.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    If it stated that Sims 1 or 2 are better than Sims 4 I would have surely agreed, but not with Sims 3. It was a bugged game, that crashed so many times that many players could not enjoy it. Yes, an open world is fun, but it's not really fun when your game crashes every 20 minutes. The base game was okay, but missed a lot, so EPs added to it (which every Sim game does and which will be the case for Sims 4) however they made the game even more unstable. I mean, it took me like 4 tries before the game would even start. I liked Sims 3, but honestly it frustrated me too much. I am glad developers went back to Sims 2 and 1. Of course things are still missing and I won't deny that, but through patches, EPs, GPs and a little bit through SPs I am sure Sims 4 has great potential. I am excited to see what will come :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    If it stated that Sims 1 or 2 are better than Sims 4 I would have surely agreed, but not with Sims 3. It was a bugged game, that crashed so many times that many players could not enjoy it. Yes, an open world is fun, but it's not really fun when your game crashes every 20 minutes. The base game was okay, but missed a lot, so EPs added to it (which every Sim game does and which will be the case for Sims 4) however they made the game even more unstable. I mean, it took me like 4 tries before the game would even start. I liked Sims 3, but honestly it frustrated me too much. I am glad developers went back to Sims 2 and 1. Of course things are still missing and I won't deny that, but through patches, EPs, GPs and a little bit through SPs I am sure Sims 4 has great potential. I am excited to see what will come :smile:
    I'm sorry Sims 3 did that for you and I understand a game that crashes all the time is no fun. But I think people stating they love Sims 3 just don't have that problem. I know I don't, fortunately. And never have (I'm playing the game on its third computer now).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I like the ease of building in Sims 4 but sure do wish the game was more beefed out instead of reinventing stuff all over. Sims 4 has potential but I do like playing Sims 3 when I feel I am missing something in S4. I just hope they wow us with the next EP.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I hate Sims 1 because they never aged. I hate sims 2 because they only aged by house not by the entire neighborhood. I like TS3 for all the content it has but its still boring when you have everything. I love TS4 because it has been fun and kept my interest. But its not to say it doesn't have flaws. Like I would have preferred that they would have just focused on open careers or the business aspect of the first EP instead of putting it all together. The second EP I like but I get tired of all the texts and since I don't really use the club system its not really what I expected it would be. I like that it focuses on hanging out with friends though. But now I want a nightlife EP so I can have more options to take my sims to. The SP I could have done without I mostly got them for the hair then anything and the GP are a fun addition because they are just 1 theme.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    me i much prefer the sims4 and the fact thT I Cn fully turn off aging and have my game like the sims1 with non aging sims for me the sims2 and sims3 are outdated since when i move on to a new game i barely touch the old games in the series
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    me i much prefer the sims4 and the fact thT I Cn fully turn off aging and have my game like the sims1 with non aging sims for me the sims2 and sims3 are outdated since when i move on to a new game i barely touch the old games in the series

The fact that TS1, 2 and 3 were released earlier doesn’t make them less fun to play, at least to me, I don’t think they’re outdated, even 1. Yes, they’re older, but actually much better than 4 with respect to most things, in my opinion.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes Sims 3 might be outdated so it's amazing how such an old game is infinitely more playable, more fun, more involving than this current "modern" version
  • Options
    JinsiJinsi Posts: 40 Member
    I liked Sims 3 played it for 6 years, but it's just not playable now.. tried to reinstall it a while back and the freezes and crashed upset me, I love Sims 4 didn't get it till a year after release was on sale at that time.. been playing off and on.
    Party time now and always
    04-17-16_12-21-49nbspAM_zpsjmsysdgz.png
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I will put it this way, If they were to give me Sims 1, 2, 3 for free, I would take them for sure, if they offered me Sims 4 for free, I would just have to laugh, that is how I feel about it, at this point in time.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top