May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does the sims 4 get boring after awhile?

Comments

• Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    edited March 2016
    All sims games depend 50% on imaginations and scenarios/stories the player can make
    If you spice up the game with them then any game will be enjoyable.

My case with TS3 is an exception, because when I start that game and see how ugly the sims are I'm about to throw up. Even with tons and tons of CC I could never make them look decent to my taste. And not to forget also the awful loading times when trying to do something in CAS. That was too horrible. Thank goodness the Sims 4 sims are very beautiful without much effort. The look of the sims gives me lots of motivation to play the game and build my stories.

The sims 4 is absolutely not boring to me. I put over 730 hours playing it. Imagine it, all these hours and we still did not get seasons, university, generations, pets etc... The hours played will most probably double or triple once one of the popular EPs is released.

I agree with you to an extent. TS4 does have some very lovely sims (even without CC) but I've seen some really gorgeous sims over in the TS3 picture thread as well. Sure it does require a moderate amount of time, talent (and CC) to make those sims..but that's besides the point. I'm just saying that both games are capable of producing amazing results. I might not like TS3 non-cc sims but I wouldn't go as far as to say I'd "throw up" from looking at them. :/ I feel you could have worded that a little better. I know how it feels to have my favorite TS game (TS4) be bashed on so I can sympathize with any simmer who considers TS3 game to be their favorite TS game and sees a ..uh... "not very nice comment" in that sentence of yours.

^^ I'm sorry if this reply may offend you.. but that's not my intention! :) We should all try to get along without tearing down each other's favorite games especially since they're all from the same franchise. All of them have issues one way or another. It doesn't stop us from playing and enjoying them though.~
    Post edited by taigoesrawr on
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    The Sims3 is my love <3 I am not into CC (I have in the past though) and play it vanilla. I loved Sims1 and 2 also. They each brought different things to the table. I may have negative/positive comments on Sims4, but I don't bash anyone who likes any of these games as we are all different when it comes to play styles.

Origin says I have put in 1024 hours so far :o I play it, close it, wait, buy, replay, close, well....rinse and repeat.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder <3
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    TS3 still lags on my GTX 980 ti and SSD samsung evo pro -_-

TS2 all the way <3
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    MiKee wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Everyone plays differently so it is impossible to know what is exciting to one person while being a total drag to others. I am only three months into the Sims4 so I am still having a lot of fun with it. If you are tired of the tedium of eating, sleeping, social, bathing, etc. , try the UI mod that helps eliminate some of the tedium and allows your Sims more time to have fun, collect items and pursue careers. I love this mod. I have been using it for a month and have over 130 saves on one group of Sims after installing it. The mod has been a lifesaver. I am also using a mod that reduces the 'grinning dummy' expressions that were becoming annoying. My Sims are much more likeable now.

I have 6 young adult Sims I rotate through. My hope is to have them choose a life partner from within this group. But I am not rushing them into getting married. They have careers but to stop them from just making a ton of money, once they reach a goal of thirty thousand Simoleans in their bank accounts I have them quit their jobs and continue making money in other ways. And there are many ways they can continue to make money.

Purchasing additional traits like the steel bladder also helps relieve the tedium of that need. There is also a mod that lowers the amount of points needed to purchase traits making their needs less important and all consuming. There are some traits I stay away from like the seldom hungry one. Why work your Sim to level ten of the cooking skill if they never want to eat. Right?

I also have a mods folder chock full of CC that keeps me from getting bored with the clothing, furniture and hair options. I like to think of my daily CC hunt as a shopping expedition, looking for just the right things to suit my Sims' varied personalities.

All in all, even though I was sorely disappointed in the base game and didn't play it at all, I have found this has changed dramatically once I made up my mind to embrace it's newness as a completely different style of gameplay. I love the new worlds. Just as I love the worlds from Sims2 and 3. I like the Southern charm of Willow Creek. I love Granite Falls and the items to be collected there. I have Get To Work, Get Together, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Perfect Patio and Movie Stuff.

Each person's choice in how they play the game will affect how it is enjoyed. If all you do is collect things and not take advantage of the fun, new places to party is like playing only a small part of the game. I am working at making my group of 6 Sims best friends and hope to create a specific club for them. This will make their outings more enjoyable for them as they will be doing club activities together and forming strong relationships. Then, when I think it is time, they will marry and have children who, hopefully, will also become best friends and have a club of their own.

The options within this game continue to grow as each new expansion and game pack comes along. But I am picky about what I buy and always wait to purchase it until I see a few reviews. If it doesn't appeal to me I pass on it. Open-ended gameplay doesn't appeal to everyone. The little challenges are a nice way to step away from your normal style of gameplay and try something new. The devs have put a little something for just about everyone into the game. I hope they continue with the game packs. The game packs like Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day appeal to different people for different reasons. I happen to enjoy what each has to offer.

My best advice to those of you who have become bored is to step back from the way you are playing the game and try something new. And that doesn't mean a new expansion or game pack. We've all made a Sim that resembles someone we dislike in real life, and have made their lives miserable. That is always fun when I am bored. :wink:

I don't think you and I have been playing the same TS4.

I haven't seen any open-ended gameplay. That's actually what I want and the type of game that lets my creativity spill out. I got that from the previous games, but not this one. Personalities are meaningless, traits do nothing, emotions are bipolar. The things that could have added value to the game were half-plummed and pointless to the longevity of the game. Running a shop doesn't work properly if you aren't playing that family. Some random townie takes over. Instead of running a successful hospital, we get to do redundant tasks forever. There is no crime or burglars for our fake detectives to pursue. The clubs start random meetings whenever and wherever they want. And on top of all this, there is still nothing to do and nothing challenging about the game. I don't want to imagine things happening. I want to see reactions to situations. I want my sims to have their own desires that may not coincide with mine. There is so much that this game doesn't do. I don't want to spend all of my time partying. I like to play with a mixture of sims who have all different types of personalities. A whole town full of inhabitants. But in this game, every single sim acts exactly like every other sim. Every single reaction to the world around them is always 100% the same. It's annoying, redundant, and boring.

Of course she is playing the same ts4 but experience differently.
    Ironically Most thing you described about sims 4 is what I feel about ts3.
    I respect your opinon but I hope you respect other players opinon.

Op asked how to enjoy game without boredom and she gave her advice. She didnt give you advice. It was her advice to OP , so you dont need to be agaisnt to her. I still understand you dont like the game, but her comments are to OP who wanted advice.

It is just game, not "this game is superior to that so I am better person than them" theory.

Just because you dont like this game, others should feel the same thing with you.

There is a contradictio in terminis in your post. Because you tell one simmer to respect the opinion of someone who likes the game you like, but at the same time it apparently is hard to accept this game just is boring to many, no matter what we do. Because there are some basics missing (and all @Mstybl95 is doing, is pointing out those missing basics). @Paigeisin5 wasn't just adressing the OP by the way, they were adressing 'those of you who have become bored'.

By the way, I've never made a Sim that resembles someone I dislike in real life, and made their life miserable ("we've all"). I do get irritated by some people irl, but there just wouldn't be any fun in that for me. I prefer to forget about them when they're not around (and when I play Sims they're never around). There is nobody in my life I'm that frustrated about and if there were I wouldn't allow them on my Sims cloud. There is a generalizing tone in Paigeisin5's post that triggers objecting. Which doesn't mean it can't be helpful for others.

I have also never created a sim of a person I don't like and ruined their life. People who say stuff like that creep me the heck out!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    All sims games depend 50% on imaginations and scenarios/stories the player can make

My case with TS3 is an exception, because when I start that game and see how ugly the sims are I'm about to throw up. Even with tons and tons of CC I could never make them look decent to my taste. And not to forget also the awful loading times when trying to do something in CAS. That was too horrible. Thank goodness the Sims 4 sims are very beautiful without much effort. The look of the sims gives me lots of motivation to play the game and build my stories.

The sims 4 is absolutely not boring to me. I put over 730 hours playing it. Imagine it, all these hours and we still did not get seasons, university, generations, pets etc... The hours played will most probably double or triple once one of the popular EPs is released.

I agree with you to an extent. TS4 does have some very lovely sims (even without CC) but I've seen some really gorgeous sims over in the TS3 picture thread as well. Sure it does require a moderate amount of time, talent (and CC) to make those sims..but that's besides the point. I'm just saying that both games are capable of producing amazing results. I might not like TS3 non-cc sims but I wouldn't go as far as to say I'd "throw up" from looking at them. :/ I feel you could have worded that a little better for the more sensitive folks around here. I know how it feels to have my favorite TS game (TS4) be bashed on so I can sympathize with any simmer who considers TS3 game to be their favorite TS game and sees a ..uh... "not very nice comment" in that sentence of yours.

^^ I'm sorry if this reply may offend you.. but that's not my intention! :) We should all try to get along without tearing down each other's favorite games especially since they're all from the same franchise. All of them have issues one way or another. It doesn't stop us from playing and enjoying them though.~

Actually, you are not allowed to call people sensitive either....that is one of the reasons we lost our lol and disagree buttons :( Shame we all can't just get along....sings Disney tunes....

@halimali1980 Gosh, just a few months ago you were attacking Sims4 left and right on threads re the culling and getting attacked for your comments. You would think that would make you a bit more circumspect about your own comments. I don't like the appearance of sims4 sims at all WITHOUT CC. That doesn't exactly make me want to throw up, maybe cry a little since I really was very disappointed in the art style of Sims4. I see some sims3 sims that make me want to fix them...but, it doesn't take that long to fix them in CAS+ if you take the time. You cant fix the shiny, plastic, cartoon look in Sim4 that I and others see without CC as that is the way they are designed. :( Go look at the townie makeover thread somewhere in the Sims3 forums and tell me what you see. Some of the sims that @cravenlesat and others posted just needed a different hairstyle, adjust the smile or eyes or even no tweak. That doesn't take hours and hours. I am not the most creative person in these forums, but, I think I've made some really awesome Sims at times without CC and with CC. It is not the look of the Sims that causes the game to be boring for me. It is the game play or lack there of, over the top emotions and multi tasking that does not work, closed worlds, lack of creative tools in the game, general bugs and glitches that continue to plague the series.

@Paigeisin5 Nope, can't say I've ever made a sim of someone I dislike and put them in my game. I like my game time to be enjoyable and that does not sound fun. Gaming is an escape from the day to day pressures for me, not a revenge fest. If the game play is not available in the game for me to enjoy and play MY WAY then it is boring for me. I don't want to play the game YOUR WAY, or RF's WAY. I want to RULE MY GAME. Sorry, not shouting, just emphasizing. :) Until I can play the game my way I will withhold all my gaming funds from EA/Maxis. It is a drop in the bucket to them and they apparently don't care. It is important to me though. I'm finding other fun games to play that don't bore me. :)
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    LMAO @Mstybl95 I am not great at making Sims, but I love them when I am done!

Thanks for the laugh, glad I wasn't taking a sip of my coffee atm!

*hugs*
  • Options

I disagree with your imagination sentiment. I use the sims simulation engine to play a game. Of course, it is also a creative tool, but I don't imagine anything that doesn't happen in the game itself (or modded in). Which just proves that we all play differently. We all use the game for different reasons and no one way to play is the right way.

I've played TS1-TS3 for marathon play sessions. Shoot, at one point in my life, I had to remind myself to live, too. Never got bored of the games. As a matter of fact, I can still go play TS2 and TS3 for hours and still want to play the next day. I usually turn on TS4 and turn it off within 15-30 minutes. This game is just lacking too much in the logics department for me. Because I'm a player who simulations are important to. I rely on the game making logical decisions, even in the background, to keep my interest. I mean...that's what a simulation is supposed to do. Make you believe you are part of the world. Having random sims walking around my tiny neighborhoods is unbelievable, it's annoying. Having children at nightclubs during school hours is unbelievable. When I go to a lot and my sims are missing school and work because the game can't even place them in the right places and keep track of their schedule, it's unbelievable!
  • Options
    @bekkasan Seriously? xD ah...well..I guess I'll go edit my post then. :* Thanks for informing me.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @bekkasan Seriously? xD ah...well..I guess I'll go edit my post then. :* Thanks for informing me.
    Thumbs up for that post in general by the way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

I have also never created a sim of a person I don't like and ruined their life. People who say stuff like that creep me the heck out!

I have...
    tumblr_mchlpg7nD11qgelpbo1_500.gif

I had a horrible boss once. Almost every day she would make some one cry. I would wake up in the morning literally sick because I had to go to work. But I needed the money, and jobs were not easy to find. Well, the non-flipping-burger kind of jobs were not easy to find. This was a pretty good office job that I couldn't afford to lose.

So I made her as a Sim. After particularly bad days, I would drown her. Or burn her. Or starve her. This was back in TS1 days, so removing the ladder was pretty much the go-to murder method. They days I drown her, I could feel better and go on with my day. The days I didn't I felt depressed, upset that I had to go to work the next day.

I had always heard the expression 'a weight off your shoulders', but the day she announced she was leaving the company was the first time I experienced the feeling for myself. I ended up staying with the company - very happily - for another four years. (My husband got a very good paying job 900 miles away, so we ended up moving.)

I suppose it is actually kinda creepy, but psychologically, it was the only way I had to deal with the situation I was in. I don't know how it might have turned out if I didn't have a safe outlet for my despair.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    thesailorscoutthesailorscout Posts: 61 Member
    My playstyle (with both sims3 and sims4) is pretty similar to some of y'all's. I play obsessively for about a month and then I get 'bored' of the game. For me, though, I think it's just my personality. I kind of drain my creativity after focusing on one thing for a while. Just me though.

Luckily for me, I'm in my sims obsessive phase right now! Enough to finally sign in and post on the forums instead of just silently lurking. Haha.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,560 Member
    me i clearly do not find the sims4 boring its very fun to play
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    sdangelo78sdangelo78 Posts: 75 Member
    I miss the way the sims 3 sims reacted. I think if anything improved the game play for me it would be that. Sims 4 I pick up and put down all the time but never really feel invested.

The sims 3 I loved and could get lost in.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

But my case with Sims 4 is an exception in that respect as well, in almost exactly the same way as you, because I basically very much dislike the sims in the game. They all look very fake and over the top to me and not beautiful at all. They feel like puppets, not humans. I in fact constantly delete and adjust passers-by because I can't stand their looks. And somehow I completely fail to feel their emotions. They all have this similar appearance and the only thing I like about them is the way they look in CAS with normal faces or when I make them completely cartoony. On top of that I'm not into the art style at all, it looks too candy land and plastic to me. Sims 3 art style often takes my breath away. I constantly feel like taking screenshots (and do), in Sims 4 never (except for the facial expressions of my own sims in the game). There is a lot to be improved where it comes to graphics in Sims 3 and the appearance of the sims (the default ones, I strongly disagree with your opinion about what you can achieve when you take the effort to get to know how the sliders work and CC definitely can improve them). So what is your point really. Sims 3 can't be enjoyable for you and Sims 4 can't be for others. Your whole post contradicts with what you say in the first paragraph (I hope you're not imagining your opinion is factual). Your only point here is that you like Sims 4 and that's great. And that you dislike Sims 3 and that's great too.

Wait... You are telling me Sims 4 sims all look the same but Sims 3 sims are unique?
    What is the unique about these? The pudding face?
    2hq71n6.jpg

And these four sims look identical?
    create-a-sim-blog-asset.jpg

I strongly disagree. You can say you prefer Sims 3 art style, look, worlds, game play etc, but one thing is not Sims 3 sims and that is unique. The randomizer gives you the most horrible looking sims. All with piggish face syndrome

vfjdk8.jpg

dw95v.jpg

mh9jie.jpg

6sctpz.jpg

Anybody who has Sims 3 can try the randomizer and see. The townies are the most ugly townies. Even more than TS2.

Fortunately Sims 4 doesn't suffer from this and I find the randomizer and the game generated sims to be excellent in 90% of the time.

Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I agree with a previous poster in that it's too easy. The goals they have are so repetitive and basic, it's easy to get bored. They need more complex goals and challenges. This "Growfruit challenge" is basically grow a plant to Perfect status and the Easter eggs are everywhere and require. Neither of these things require you to do anything different in the game. Where is the "challenge" in that?

My favorite addition to the game has been the wishing well and Get to Work. The careers that actually required thought. The scientist career is fun because of the Serums, SimRay, Cloning machine.

I play, get bored and stop, repeat... The thing that keeps things interesting are the player created challenges. Look into those or try coming up with your own. I have been working on a BucketList challenge, trying to get 10 million in 1 household, a repopulate the earth challenge that's been fun. I even had this deadbeat dad challenge (variation of the 100 baby challenge) where my deadbeat dad went around humping everything in site to try and get to 100 babies. Only got to about 34 before I got bored with it but it was fun in the beginning. He couldn't show his face in public without a disgruntled baby mama showing up and causing drama.

The good and bad thing about this game is it really is what you make it.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member

I agree with you to an extent. TS4 does have some very lovely sims (even without CC) but I've seen some really gorgeous sims over in the TS3 picture thread as well. Sure it does require a moderate amount of time, talent (and CC) to make those sims..but that's besides the point. I'm just saying that both games are capable of producing amazing results. I might not like TS3 non-cc sims but I wouldn't go as far as to say I'd "throw up" from looking at them. :/ I feel you could have worded that a little better. I know how it feels to have my favorite TS game (TS4) be bashed on so I can sympathize with any simmer who considers TS3 game to be their favorite TS game and sees a ..uh... "not very nice comment" in that sentence of yours.

No don't worry. It does not offend me.
    What I am trying to say here in Sims 3 all you will find very ugly townies roaming in the town and you have to take lots of time in fixing every one of them. It was impossible. And by the time you fixed them all some will move out and others will move in. Hardly there is any control there.

How the Sims 3 sims looked was one of the main reasons why I could never get into The Sims 3. Even with ton of CC I was still not satisfied.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Piperbird wrote: »

I have...
    tumblr_mchlpg7nD11qgelpbo1_500.gif

I had a horrible boss once. Almost every day she would make some one cry. I would wake up in the morning literally sick because I had to go to work. But I needed the money, and jobs were not easy to find. Well, the non-flipping-burger kind of jobs were not easy to find. This was a pretty good office job that I couldn't afford to lose.

So I made her as a Sim. After particularly bad days, I would drown her. Or burn her. Or starve her. This was back in TS1 days, so removing the ladder was pretty much the go-to murder method. They days I drown her, I could feel better and go on with my day. The days I didn't I felt depressed, upset that I had to go to work the next day.

I had always heard the expression 'a weight off your shoulders', but the day she announced she was leaving the company was the first time I experienced the feeling for myself. I ended up staying with the company - very happily - for another four years. (My husband got a very good paying job 900 miles away, so we ended up moving.)

I suppose it is actually kinda creepy, but psychologically, it was the only way I had to deal with the situation I was in. I don't know how it might have turned out if I didn't have a safe outlet for my despair.

Sorry that you had to deal with someone like that and am glad you were able to overcome it.

I still find it a bit creepy, but that is just my personal opinion. We all deal with things in our own ways. I think of my sims too much as real people and cannot get behind the concept of murdering them. I tried once in TS2 to kill off an unwanted kid, but after hearing the screams from the pool, I got cold feet. Kept her alive and never did that again.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited March 2016
    It's all just personal taste. There's nothing objective about any of this. Some people like one thing, other people like another. There's no reasoning about taste. No matter how much I explain how awesome my favorite contemporary painter this week is, it's not going to change your preference for Monet. You'll still find my big blocks of colour boring, and I'll still be bored by Monet. And that's okay. I don't get why we spend so much time trying to argue taste in this forum.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's all just personal taste. There's nothing objective about any of this. Some people like one thing, other people like another. There's no reasoning about taste. No matter how much I explain how awesome my favorite contemporary painter this week is, it's not going to change your preference for Monet. You'll still find my big blocks of colour boring, and I'll still be bored by Monet. And that's okay. I don't get why we spend so much time trying to argue taste in this forum.

Here's why :p

[img]http://cdn.🐸🐸🐸🐸/instances/48990764.jpg[/img]

LMAO, lol, I think that might be a picture of me there, lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    @halimali1980, Sims 4 sims don't always look good either and I need cc for sims 3 and sims 4. I'm capable of making good looking in both games. I get annoyed by how hideous the townies are in sims 3 too but I think about killing them all and replacing the towns with my sims or ones I downloaded instead. Many sims in sims 4 are decent looking but that's all it has going for it because the gameplay is repetitive...
  • Options

No don't worry. It does not offend me.
    What I am trying to say here in Sims 3 all you will find very ugly townies roaming in the town and you have to take lots of time in fixing every one of them. It was impossible. And by the time you fixed them all some will move out and others will move in. Hardly there is any control there.

How the Sims 3 sims looked was one of the main reasons why I could never get into The Sims 3. Even with ton of CC I was still not satisfied.

Ah, yes... well.. I mean, you may see it that way but other folks don't. There's no point in arguing that they're ugly because there's always going to be someone that disagree's and finds them to be appealing. It's just like @luthienrising said. It's a matter of taste. Trying to get a person who dislikes TS4 art style to like it (or TS4 person to like TS3 style) is like trying to get a hardcore rocker to suddenly start jamming to pop music. Not going to happen.

I didn't like what @Piperbird said but I'm not gonna uh.. "Bark up their tree" just because I disagree with them and they may disagree with me. We live in a world where everyone's tastes differ from our own and we just have to learn to deal with that. Sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching to you but...I just don't want you to make yourself look like a unreasonable self righteous person. ^^''
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I find many faults with TS4's Sims, too. Like they all have those lines coming out from their mouth which I can't stand. When they talk in certain lighting (any time not outdoors) the have that little bright line at their teeth but it's not their teeth showing but a highlight on their lip. Like the outline of the Sim in the game. Or they have their faces smushed up like a little head on a big body. (Their jawline is always too short on a the premade CAS Sims). They lose the shape of their nose while in the game, you can give them a very prominent nose in CAS but as soon as they get in the game you will not see that if it's not overly exaggerated, and sometimes not even then.

The game generates the same Sims over and over just by a different name. Their profile (if noticed in CAS) is always very flat and I have to pull those out just like I did in TS3 (AKA pancake face). I have many gripes about TS4 Sims as I do TS3 or TS2 Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.