Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does the sims 4 get boring after awhile?

I got sims 4 get to work and sims 4 for Christmas and so I was playing for awhile and then I stopped. The only thing that was fun about this game was the houses and challenges I realized all that I was doing was taking sim then marring of that sim reproducing and that was it. After that it got boring each time again and again. So I was wondering I have been watching Koffe a simer on you tube and she does all these challenges so I tried to do them on my own but it just gets boring after awhile or I end up killing my sims. Does anyone know and good challenges?

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I got sims 4 get to work and sims 4 for Christmas and so I was playing for awhile and then I stopped. The only thing that was fun about this game was the houses and challenges I realized all that I was doing was taking sim then marring of that sim reproducing and that was it. After that it got boring each time again and again. So I was wondering I have been watching Koffe a simer on you tube and she does all these challenges so I tried to do them on my own but it just gets boring after awhile or I end up killing my sims. Does anyone know and good challenges?

Try the asylum challenge playing TS2. That's a lot of fun.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • IlliyeaIlliyea Posts: 41 Member
    Theres a whole list of creative challenges to complete in the creative section. When traditional game play gets stale try one of those. It incorporates a new spin and you can do several at a time to avoid getting bored of one.
    Completed Challenges:
    Living off the Land, Tiny Living, Tudors Challenge, 100 baby Challenge
    Challenges in Progress:
    Parentcy Challenge, Royal Family Legacy
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    You have to spend money to have fun.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think the problems with this game are:

1- The sims themselves

Sims, all of them, they behave all the same way. There is nothing special about that sim or that other sim or the other sim that lives far away in another neighborhood from your sim. They are all the same, no matter what forced story you put yourself down the throat to make the game more...."entertaining". There is a huge behaviour issue and I'm sure it's connected to the irrelevant traits or just the way they made sim's personalities or perhaps to the social interactions themselves.

2-Whims

Whims don't work, they just don't work. They are like a...cheaper if not lame washed version of wants and fears or even wishes, with very little variety and many times they aren't even related to what is happening in a sim's life.

3-Too many goals

There are too many goals in this game, from party events, to career events, to aspirations etc. They need to be cleaned up. I'd say remove goals from parties and careers entirely. For parties make a system like in TS1, TS2 and TS3 where the game would recognize based on sims's needs/mood etc if the party was good or not. For careers just tag objects and/or interactions that are good and bad for work and give the player somnething basic like "you can do this and this, now do what you want", the unlockable interactions could still be unlocked the higher you go in the careers, ofc, but you don't have goals telling you what to do.

4-Lack of family play

This one...I'm guessing we all know.

Yes for 1 and Yes for 2! I completely ignore whims. As far as #3, the problem for me is that they don't get promoted fast enough. Cassandra Goth is on level 4 of her career, but has maxed out on piano and violin and has level 8 for guitar. However, I'm not bored yet.
  • Marti_SternMarti_Stern Posts: 153 Member
    I always get bored of the game, no matter what iteration it is. But that's normal, I play for a few hours and then get bored. Then either I come back after some hours, maybe the next day or I don't play the game for months. It's the cycle for me, and it happens with every Sims game.
  • DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    I rarely get bored, I just get sleepy and pause and fall asleep lol. But I usually just start changing up their style and I downloaded tons of cc and the designer flowerchambers poses and start taking cute pics in cute outfits. But I know a lot of people rent into cc and mods here. I can always find something to do though. But that's just me.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I honestly think a main issue is no open world, or at least open neighborhood sections. While the Sims 4 sims have the ability to multi-tsk well, we as players do not. Coming from TS3, you could send one sim to a bar to make friends then instantly take another friend to a park to go pick flowers and another could be throwing a party at home or on another lot. That allowed for so much game play and multiple stimuli that when you switch over to TS4, there's nothing really for you to do like that, you can't send one sim somewhere they need to be (like when "work out at the gym" whim comes up ) while controlling another sim on another lot. I like playing with large families in TS3 and that was a huge part of my gameplay and TS4, it's just not possible so when you only can focus on one sim or a few at a time while ignoring the needs of other sims, things can get kind of stale.

I'm responding to the bolded part of what you said. ^^ (or at least what I think you're talking about?.. anyways)

Actually, you can control sims in your household on different lots.

You can send Sim A to go workout at the gym (just use "travel" on the phone) and when they arrive there have them start their workout routine.

While they're doing that you can go back to Sim B who's (perhaps..) currently at the park playing chess. Just click on the (corner?) of the sim's portrait and you'll get options to either bring them to the current lot (which would be where Sim A is) or switch control to Sim B.

Sure you can't oversee both at once like in TS3. You have to go through loading screens..but that's besides the point I think.

You can have Sim A work out at the gym, Sim B play chess at the park, and Sim C throw a party while Sim A and B are not present. The only difference is you have to go through loading screens when switching control to a different sim.

<< I hope what I said made sense and if you already knew this then I apologize. XD haha.

• mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think the problems with this game are:

1- The sims themselves

Sims, all of them, they behave all the same way. There is nothing special about that sim or that other sim or the other sim that lives far away in another neighborhood from your sim. They are all the same, no matter what forced story you put yourself down the throat to make the game more...."entertaining". There is a huge behaviour issue and I'm sure it's connected to the irrelevant traits or just the way they made sim's personalities or perhaps to the social interactions themselves.

2-Whims

Whims don't work, they just don't work. They are like a...cheaper if not lame washed version of wants and fears or even wishes, with very little variety and many times they aren't even related to what is happening in a sim's life.

3-Too many goals

There are too many goals in this game, from party events, to career events, to aspirations etc. They need to be cleaned up. I'd say remove goals from parties and careers entirely. For parties make a system like in TS1, TS2 and TS3 where the game would recognize based on sims's needs/mood etc if the party was good or not. For careers just tag objects and/or interactions that are good and bad for work and give the player somnething basic like "you can do this and this, now do what you want", the unlockable interactions could still be unlocked the higher you go in the careers, ofc, but you don't have goals telling you what to do.

4-Lack of family play

This one...I'm guessing we all know.

Basically this.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It doesn't.

Honestly, personal experience varies. The game gets boring for some people, and not for others. The reasons for that are going to vary too. Some people just get bored of anything after a while (which is perfectly okay); some people are engaged by different things from other people.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    To me The Sims 3 got so boring the second day itself, not to forget how I was shocked the first day of how ugly and similar the sims looked.

Sims 4 is keeping me entertained. I think after Get Together my like for the game has increased. A good expansion is able to do it. Unfortunately all the nice elements that I hoped would make the sims 3 better made them worse. For example, I love pets but I was so disappointed to see that we had to control them!! Another example was the apartments, I thought that once we get apartments things would get better but apartments in Sims 3 were a big big joke. The celebrity thing I thought it would add some nice game play but it turned out to be another version of the epidemic flu from TS2!

It is all a matter of preference. To me TS4 is way more entertaining than TS3.
    I just hope this year we get better EPs

Same for me too. I enjoyed Sims 3 while it lasted, but I was ready to move on. The apartments in 3 were non existent and the celebrity system was a joke. Your sims could be doing nothing and they gain celebrity status. It was more of an annoyance, all it did was make a group of paparazzi show up on your lawn and spread false rumors. Sims 4 keeps me entertained (along with the other 10 games I play, but Sims 4 is one of the primaries) and Get Together adds so much for gameplay, and was really well implemented.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm trying to recall if I've ever gotten bored with TS3 but honestly I can't for the life of me. I remember just playing for hours and hours. I do remember PEPS happening fairly often because content was usually announced ahead of time. (I'll leave that last part alone) but with TS4 you honestly just have to make your own fun and get even more creative. Like just the other day one in one of my many saves I had this one family and the kids invited their friends over for a sleepover. They all watched movies on the projector screen in the backyard and just had a campfire and slept in the tents. Then the mom made breakfast since it was a weekend and then the friends all went home after that.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    It doesn't.

Honestly, personal experience varies. The game gets boring for some people, and not for others. The reasons for that are going to vary too. Some people just get bored of anything after a while (which is perfectly okay); some people are engaged by different things from other people.

I've been playing most of the entire day and can't believe how the time has passed. Right now I'm running a retail shop, a wedding boutique, and am so exhausted it feels as if I've been running my own real life shop, lol. I've discovered that employees are totally useless so I'm adding two sims to the household to help me run the shop. That way I'll be able to control them. Thank goodness I'm off again tomorrow. :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2016
    I liked TS3 apartments. :lol:
    I never liked groups in TS2 and don't see how having a bunch of followers would make the game better for me... so, I have no use for GT.

There's still a long way to go with TS4 game, I'll wait and see how it ends up and just use the base game if I want. :)

*I always used the codes in TS2 to control the pets and in TS3 we didn't'' have to, they took good care of themselves. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I liked TS3 apartments. :lol:
    I never liked groups in TS2 and don't see how having a bunch of followers would make the game better for me... so, I have no use for GT.

There's still a long way to go with TS4 game, I'll wait and see how it ends up and just use the base game if I want. :)

*I always used the codes in TS2 to control the pets and in TS3 we didn't'' have to, they took good care of themselves. :)

Not sure what you mean by that. I have only one group so far and it is composed of family members that live in separate households. Makes it easy to get them all together for family fun and outings.