The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does the sims 4 get boring after awhile?

1313233343537...Next

Comments

• ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    because it simply is not, was not made right from the start. They rushed through the game to release it and that was a big mistake. I have loved the sims since the very start but i too find it so bland lately..i even got parenthood last week to add some new and fun features to my game and it didn't even matter, i returned it the very next day. womp.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Doctor_VikterDoctor_Vikter Posts: 247 Member
    I agree with Ambrown.

I get super bored with Sims 4 95% of the time I'm playing so I either do little challenges or decide to make some CC/build stuff or take screenshots and edit them. I just never know what really else to do with the game, especially because the Sims don't really interact all that much like the previous games? I had to get a mod to make more interactions happen for Pete's sake.
    That could be me but I really don't find Sims 4 to be as "chaotic" as the other games, especially 1 and 2.

I created a club that a few of my evil/mean Sims are in to spice things up but that tends to get boring as well after a bit so I try and figure out something new to do. So far making a family has been keeping me busy in the game.
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    ||Steam || Origin: Z0mbie_Cakez ||Art Blog ||
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    v12creator wrote: »
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    I think Sims 4 gets boring because there's less to do; it's harder to explore the world (IMO) than Sims 3 was. I miss being able to send your sim out to the whole world, letting them have their own car and drive places. I really miss World Adventures and the complete open-world quest concept it had.

You mean the quest concept that lacked any replay value since it was the exact kind of single-sim per save gameplay that Thesims3 had so much ? Just play thesimsMedieval and you can see how that can get old really fast, Thesims is not meant to be an MMORPG. I honestly can live without that kind of concept.

I agree that there is less to do, but that is related to how many packs we haver right now, not exactly how the world structure works, aside from the fact it is smaller, because most of action and Thesims3 still happened inside lots and the outside was pretty much a table of collectibles, it did not change much if you think about it, it does lack a space for new lots however and that is why there is a petition for CAW on the forum.

There is also the request for cars, albeit if they are implemented it probably would not be like Thesims3 (Not much of a lost since they lacked door animation and just went from point A to B and that was it).

We just got a relationship boost event in The Sims 4. Does a single player game that has cheats really need this? The Sims 4 heavily uses MMORPG concepts.

World Adverntures was my second favourite The Sims 3 EP after Late Night because it was so different to any of the other EPs with regards to its worlds and gameplay.

Every new save I played I sent a sim on holiday and streadily, over time, they would complete all of the tombs. So I don't agree with you that World Adventures had no replay value. I miss it and am disapointed we probably will not get anything remotely like it in The Sims 4.

With regards to The Sims Medieval, I think it did not catch on, because players wanted it to basically be The Sims 3 in medieval times. What we got was a quest based game that was only tenuously a sims game, that was very restrictive.

World Adventures was one EP that had some tombs in it but also offered other traditional sims gameplay. Nothing about it was remotely MMORPG. Vast swathes of The Sims 4's content is very MMORPG-like.

I'd argue that The Sims 4's emotion system is incredibly like an RPG because, at the end of the day, the game treats emotions as a means to gaining a buff, something to be manipulated. It is a buff system and it feels artificial and it takes you away from the moment. Sims should feel emotions as a consequence of the actions of themselves and other sims. They should not be so easily manipulated by plum things like taking a shower. At the moment it is checklist gameplay.

WA was also one of my favorite packs. If I felt like playing with a puzzle I'd explore tombs but more often than not the WA cities were my vacation destinations. As patches and packs came along I would turn my WA cities into actual vacation spots. I would use the world editor to make changes, then add lots, pools, night clubs or anything else that would be a fun spot. I had a real dog of a Sim husband who would go off to France with his girl friend while he left his wife at home. Sometimes Agnes would travel to forget and find true love. Sometimes one of my Sims would be visiting and fall into an International spy plot or the search for stolen artifacts. I don't think I ever ran out of WA replays.

Funny you say that because I thought world adventures was the worst expansion ever next to Showtime. The only destination I enjoyed was Egypt, the rest were blah. If they do a WA styled EP/GP I hope there's more to do.

We need more in depth interactions, fleshed out traits, consequences, and unpredictability to put life into the game. At least with the Pets expansion the animals not being controllable gives us a dose of unpredictability hopefully.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2017
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    One simple thing I've always thought they could do is add pop-up events, kind of like the ones that happen when you're at work, but more everyday life related. Like, "Junior has been bullying one of his classmates at school. How will you handle it?" And then have some consequence.

Anyone who has ever played Crusader Kings 2 will understand.
    I don't ever recall getting a popup event about Junior bullying his classmates at school in CK2.

My bad.

"Someone has accused Junior of being the Antichrist. Will you murder him on papal orders or send assassins after the pope?"

That could work.
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    S4 has become a drag for me simply because it lacks a terrain tool. I'd rather build than play. I loved S2 and the challenges of building on a slope, picking your lot size, et al. I'm not excited about pets...and we have 3 dogs we dearly love in r/l. Back in S2 I befriended a stray dog who waltzed into the house whenever he felt like it then tore of the sofa when he thought he was ignored lol That ended that!! I never befriended a stray - or had a pet - in S2. :/
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    Generally speaking, successors to popular franchises are supposed to give players more than the last iteration, not less.

I completely agree, it's inevitable that games in a series will be compared that is why they must make each installment better and innovative.
    It lacks basic features that we had in previous games~ I'm still convinced that toddlers were only patched in because 1) everyone complained about them not being there and 2) EA is greedy and wanted to sell them to us as an EP (which they did, btw).

Yeah I think they originally took toddlers out because they wanted to make it an expansion for more money. They originally didn't even have pools in the sims 4 base game until people complained and they added it in lol.

@lauravonawesome
  • meme009meme009 Posts: 46 Member
    For me, the game is both annoying and frustrating to play, I have only the base game and unlikely to buy anything else because to me the foundation is flawed. I find the Sims do not autonomously perform appropriate actions at appropriate times, and talk too much, and if they fail to take care of their own needs appropriately, it gets even worse when it comes to taking care of toddlers and babies. I pretty much use mods for some of the annoyances like the napping, but sometimes, mods don't work like intended like the one for faster speed,as with it the game lags terribly, however without it the game is too slow, and gets boring and then there is chance/opportunity cards for work/school which is repetitious and make playing tedious. And looking at how things are going, it appears, it will be a while before major issues are sorted out in the game, if at all.

I actually got fed up and reinstalled the game vanilla, no mods, no patches. I had pre-ordered the game on disc in 2014 and it was clear that the game was not finished, as you cannot fish or eat fruits. I did get nagged to install the update otherwise the 'game will not work' but I removed the firewall rules for Sims 4 and used the disc and was able to play without updating!

However I experienced zero lag, but the game was super, super slow even on speed 4. However I found the game play more enjoyable to a point, as the Sims could actually 'hear' a crying baby, that is in the same room as them, and if they are sleeping they wake up, and take care of it appropriately, whether their needs are low or not, unlike in this current iteration where Sims with low needs, do every baby interaction but feed the baby!, you can also teleport a Sim that's sleeping or sitting, the Sims autonomously performed mean interactions, and so on. Having said this, there were bugs of course, like the deformed baby, and of course no toddlers, nannies and the constant napping even at night was insane, But after a while I had to uninstall the game as the game speed was wayyy too slow and no mods worked so it got boring.