Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do your game generated townies look like

Comments

• Options
    turmalina007turmalina007 Posts: 118 Member
    It depends,but I usually get quite a lot of good looking townies. Just the other day I was playing my game and I saw this pizza lady and my reaction was: WOW who is this sim! Then I adden her to the family and try to find super good looking sim for her.
  • Options
    ValkyrieFarrowValkyrieFarrow Posts: 111 Member
    Most of my townies are looking good, with terrible fashion sense... I love styling them though.
    The Confrontation of an Imperfect Valkyrie
    Mariah_Carey_H_A_T_E_U_zpsljuktbmp.gif
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I'm okay with my game generated townies.
    I'd love to see sims with different appearances appear in my game.
    But this one just blew my mind with his fashion taste!
    He loves fishing right before my sims' house. Lol
    oZNMFeW.jpg
    g0PtpDM.jpg
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    It's pretty much either old men with prominent birthing hips or ya/adult women with one of my maxis-match cc hair and eyebrows that are a completely different color. Brown hair, pink eyebrows - you get the idea. I kind of love them like that, though. They make me laugh so much. I kind of fell in love with my sims' maid because of his birthing hips and adorably prominent nose. I was so sad when he died. :(

2hphd2e.png
    2u5q042.png
    RIP Joseph Galea. I hope you're cleaning toilets in Sim-Heaven.

He looks like pear .
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Mostly pretty average, but there are some really pretty/cool-looking ones as well, but many of the men look a bit too similar - very narrow eyes, sometimes I tweak the townies a little to make my world more diverse in terms of looks. (A lot of them make... very questionable fashion choices, just like many other reported. Like the time a sim from my main family got invited to his generated townie-mother's birthday party and she wore clown shoes) Oh, and the townies in my game really love hats. Especially cowboy hats.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    greenmorekgreenmorek Posts: 63 Member
    Mine always look fairly normal looking to be honest. I haven't seen any clowns or star wars characters!
    nOw9z6f.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The game generates the same faces over and over even in a 'new' game, just changes the clothes or the body size. Maybe a name change now and then. But I would bet we all have the same townies since I get them in every new game I start. Then when they die out the game just regenerates them again with even worse outfits.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    At first, my game kept giving me families of a single mom, teen and kid of all different ethnic backgrounds. I kept deleting them in household management. Now the game gives me single people. Which is what I wanted. So I'm wondering if I somehow trained the game to do what I want.
  • Options
    imhappy wrote: »
    At first, my game kept giving me families of a single mom, teen and kid of all different ethnic backgrounds. I kept deleting them in household management. Now the game gives me single people. Which is what I wanted. So I'm wondering if I somehow trained the game to do what I want.

No, they patched the game a few months ago to change the single mom family to start generating families with two parents, but the single Sim has always happened in my game until they die then I get the single mom with the teen daughter and son child. About five per game. But the main staple has always been a single Sim household for parties.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    katniss9katniss9 Posts: 106 Member
    I have a lot of cc, so the townies are usually a colorful mess
    KSMMNm59.jpg
  • Options
    RumancekRumancek Posts: 558 Member
    I don't have any recent pics but my townies are usually really weirdly colored like midnight black or neon green with purple hair and red beards it's a MESS.
    That an uppercase i at the end of my name, not an L! Do not @ me with the L.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    After another check, I'm still getting single sims and single moms galore :neutral:
    mAhRyp8.png
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    This is a prime example of townies in my game:

townieaubreybefore.png

Short black hair, pale skin, small eyes, large midsection, ugly hat that just doesn't fit and very unflattering clothes for the body type (not to mention hideous color choices)... she has it all.

After having to watch her jog past my Sims' house every day, I had one of them befriend her so they could give her a makeover in the walk-in closet. I think she does look quite decent now. :)

Workout attire
    townieaubreyafter1.png

Everyday outfit
    townieaubreyafter2.png

• Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    Mine are usually very diverse and hideous. They dress really bad though a lot of the time, it's most likely all the cc clothes I have but man they do not put outfits together well.
  • Options
    @Obscurus, love the everyday outfit post-makeover! :)
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I put a lot of CC hair/clothing/shoes and mine look great. I added created TS2/TS3 sims though.
  • Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    Mine are always
    -Pear Shaped
    -Asian or Racially ambiguous skin tone
    -Generic faces
    -Poorly dressed
    -Single mom with kids
    -or Elders dressed like a YA

Can anyone explain why this is such an epidemic? What is wrong with the coding (if that is what is causing it) that makes the same sims generate? And why hasn't EA fixed it? Is it difficult to fix?

I would just really love more variety. It is really annoying not having more options in townie variety for my young sims to date. I end up having to create a sim for my sim to be interested in.
  • Options
    Lightfield wrote: »
    @Obscurus, love the everyday outfit post-makeover! :)

Why thank you. :)

I chose autumn theme for her based on her new hair color, and wanted her outfits to reflect someone who is kind, easily approachable and a bit motherly. It's wonderful and so rewarding to bring out the best features in each Sim, especially if their face and body type are not considered beautiful by Hollywood stardards. ^_^
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Obscurus wrote: »
    This is a prime example of townies in my game:

townieaubreybefore.png

Short black hair, pale skin, small eyes, large midsection, ugly hat that just doesn't fit and very unflattering clothes for the body type (not to mention hideous color choices)... she has it all.

After having to watch her jog past my Sims' house every day, I had one of them befriend her so they could give her a makeover in the walk-in closet. I think she does look quite decent now. :)

Workout attire
    townieaubreyafter1.png

Everyday outfit
    townieaubreyafter2.png

See, I knew we had the same townies. lol And most my males have the wide hip thing and tiny shoulders. I remember a thread a year ago griping about it and I still get them.
  • Options
    @AmyCarolyn ,

I'm afraid not everything is fixable. Sure, many of those things certainly could be tuned, like the "random" generator getting stuck on pear bodytype and black hair and certain face template, for instance.

But the generic faces are due to the fact that computer programs are not as good as us humans in creating something that looks awesome yet natural in terms of facial features, proportions and symmetry. Same goes for creating stylish outfits. Even if the programmers flag the clothes and colors so that the game has some instructions which pants, shirts and shoes it should combine, its choices end up looking unnatural most of the time.
  • Options
    est1956est1956 Posts: 46 Member
    A mess. They look a mess. No, but seriously, most of them have the thinnest, sharpest-looking lips. I like my Sims with full lips. If my Sim marries or has kids with a townie, I always give them plastic surgery.
    subscribe to my sims youtube pls i'm poor ~ ryan the dreamer
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    est1956 wrote: »
    A mess. They look a mess. No, but seriously, most of them have the thinnest, sharpest-looking lips. I like my Sims with full lips. If my Sim marries or has kids with a townie, I always give them plastic surgery.

Same. A lot of my male sims have thin lips and narrow eyes - nothing wrong with that but they ALL look like that. And whats with the random hats....those hats!!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Obscurus wrote: »
    Why thank you. :)

I chose autumn theme for her based on her new hair color, and wanted her outfits to reflect someone who is kind, easily approachable and a bit motherly. It's wonderful and so rewarding to bring out the best features in each Sim, especially if their face and body type are not considered beautiful by Hollywood stardards. ^_^

Great choices! :) You succeeded in making her look just that, and I fully agree with your last sentence. She sure is beautiful, even though Hollywood probably wouldn't agree. :p
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Is this thread still a thing? i wanted to,add that townies are a hot mess in my game especially after breeding with one another. Its scary. I wonder if there's a way to fix it. Either way when I get a. Chance I'm gonna have to go through,and fix them all. Le sigh
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    I agree with @axel1015. A ton of single mothers and older folks. But my mothers never seem to last long. They tend to disappear for good after a while.