Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do your game generated townies look like

Comments

• Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited March 2016
    Overweight mothers with slim-build fathers with 2 children - all with red hair.. seriously, I have had three such families appear in my game. I go into CAS and give them all makeovers because they look dreadful - one of the mothers had no hair and a cap, with shorts and boots.

Also, old people. One elderly woman that spawned had princess Leia hair.

I try to place a lot of my own sims into the towns though.. especially in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. The premade sims in Windenburg are actually nice (must be that European sense of style :) )
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Hi!
    Please forgive me this silly question..but I don't speak english and I don't understand the word "townie".
    Who are these sims? The NPCs? The ones you find when you go to "manage households" and realize there are new sims that are complete strangers and usually have weird-ish names?
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,714 Member
    Old people or people with a weird fashion sense.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Old people with fedoras and nice looking young adults

Whenever my household has a baby suddenly a ton of single moms with newborn babies come in
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    Mine are nearly always women with a weird fashion sense! They are all white. There is no variety in skin colour at all.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Hi!
    Please forgive me this silly question..but I don't speak english and I don't understand the word "townie".
    Who are these sims? The NPCs? The ones you find when you go to "manage households" and realize there are new sims that are complete strangers and usually have weird-ish names?

Yep, that's exactly what townies are. :) Sims you haven't played or made in CAS basically.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I play a few different saves and in one of them almost all the women townies have the same hairdo; the long one with a tail over one shoulder. It's so confusing!
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    In RL I don't care too much about fashion, but when I'm playing the sims, I suddenly become a professional fashion critic or something. So... pretty much none of my townies look very good. Their outfits are invariably kind of hideous.

In terms of body/face and all that... I think they mostly look pretty average. Some fat, some slim, pretty straightforward average facial structure.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Like they got into a fight with a lawnmower
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    SimmieSims wrote: »
    All my male Sims always wear bright red or pink CC lipstick. I also had a hair download from TSR in the game that comes with an optional bow, and most of my townie females have that bow on their heads, regardless of the hairstyle they come with. :s

Basically, imagine the Rocky Horror Picture Show, only much worse. That sums up my townies.

Sorry if this has been answered but the Sims 4 Studio fixes this. Just go to Tools, Batch Fixes and disallow CC for random. You have to do it every time you add nrw CC but it stops all townies wearing it. It's made mine look a little more normal.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited March 2016
    I've got a mix of body shapes but a lot of the men have none descript features, nothing that really stands out, sometimes I have to get real close just to see their faces. too many white men and nearly all white females. no Asian sims at all, mostly white with a few African American. I think I'll go into edit town and do some remodelling of them. I hadn't thought of that. I usually just delete all the elderly, because I usually get a load of them.
    edit to add. As for clothes I have one man in a lovely blue shirt, most of the rest are in drab browns and blacks. Oh yes and one hunk in a skin tight Tshirt.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    dlyra wrote: »
    I have a LOT of cc so you can imagine what my townies spawn as...

they're always young adult, adult, or elder males that have either a really pale cc skin tone or a really dark one, long colorful cc hair, thin shoulders and wide hips, BIG stomachs without actually being fat, they all seem to be asian but with eyes that are too close together, noses that are too long, no chins (this is more for the women than the men though) and lumialover's papi beard. Don't get me started on their outfits.

I wish we had a LOL, that last bit made me laugh.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sims_zps17b64777.png

To me they look very ugly and I'm constantly deleting or adjusting townies while playing this game. I can't stand their default look. So I prefer to change them.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    I seem to get a random mix. Which I like fine, I don't want my town to only be full of hotties, those are the sims -I- create, lol!
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    My townies normally look awful, but I just found this hunk at a bar in Windenburg. What's up with that? Never had atractive townies before, and now I'm drooling.
    bartender.jpg
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    My townies usually look ugly and plain, but I edit them in CAS, and give them more charm and backstories. It's not something that bothers me at all.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Mine are usually old people dressing like they're still in their early 20's :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AshlieBoomAshlieBoom Posts: 143 Member
    I have a bit of cc in my game....which makes for some, arm, interesting fashion choices when it comes to my townie sims.
    as soon as I have the ability to post images of these people I will because....gracious those people cannot dress!
    Also I do tend to get a lot of larger set ladies or older sims. I like having sims of all sizes though, makes my game more realistic :) The amount of older sims is a tad annoying though because they won't be around for long so I can't do much with them!
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    It is so annoying when I get my sim a maid and when he/she arrives and I go to change their looks (CAS) they won't come back the next day. :/
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    It's pretty much either old men with prominent birthing hips or ya/adult women with one of my maxis-match cc hair and eyebrows that are a completely different color. Brown hair, pink eyebrows - you get the idea. I kind of love them like that, though. They make me laugh so much. I kind of fell in love with my sims' maid because of his birthing hips and adorably prominent nose. I was so sad when he died. :(

2hphd2e.png
    2u5q042.png
    RIP Joseph Galea. I hope you're cleaning toilets in Sim-Heaven.
  • Options
    MelaidhrinMelaidhrin Posts: 35 Member
    After six generations a lot of the townies are starting to look related. In fact they probably are. Disproportionably small noses and vanishing chins. A few even have chipmunk cheeks to go along with their lack of a strong jaw line.

They seem to dress okay, though. :|
    gnome2.png
  • Options
    Hannie wrote: »
    My townies normally look awful, but I just found this hunk at a bar in Windenburg. What's up with that? Never had atractive townies before, and now I'm drooling.
    bartender.jpg

Haha, I saved him into one of my households.
    Also this guy:
    25208499655_124a066804_z.jpg

And I rather like the one to the left in this photo. He was working in one of the shops in Magnolia Promenade and his name is Lionel-something. Not the best photo, but I've only saved him to my library and not played him.
    25036749700_419b38e76f_b.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Sims_zps17b64777.png

To me they look very ugly and I'm constantly deleting or adjusting townies while playing this game. I can't stand their default look. So I prefer to change them.

I don't think they're ugly per se, but I do so dislike the caps. You can't see the Sim's facial expressions properly while playing and the caps often look too big on their heads.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Hmm. I guess for me, the simple answer would be: pears. Meaning the most common, overall body-shape. It seems I have an awful lot of wide-bottomed townies.

I did note that I do have a prevalence of elders among the male population, as some have mentioned. (Females too, to an extent, but I think it's more prevalent with the males.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    SlimerSlimer Posts: 116 Member
    All the men are Asian, all the women have huge pot bellies and wide hips