Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do your game generated townies look like

Comments

• Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    I wish you can pick the townies that you want to work in certain nightclubs. Some of the townies the game chooses look soooooo out of place.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    I agree with @axel1015. A ton of single mothers and older folks. But my mothers never seem to last long. They tend to disappear for good after a while.

The culling is still a major thing :(
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    onestronglungonestronglung Posts: 12 New Member
    Almost all of my male game generated sims have the Jessie Hair from The Sims Resource. I really hate it and I'm thinking about deleting it completely.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Gross.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I usually get a lot of elders and fat women! Though there's this one young white guy with a massive ginger afro!

I wish the townies would turn up to cafes and hangouts more as it just seems to be extensions of my original sim family that turn up.
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    My towies are not a problem at all!, In the begining they would spawn In the houses and when I realize, I disable that, and then started the makeovers! I just LOVE changing clothes and makeup and hair, using the CAS cheat, to change some unrealistc bodys (or add tattos) and mixing up the genetics with some sims from the gallery, because some sims just look similar, and that adds diversity (at least from the alleatory sims from the game) even turning elders to yought adult, and making they have childrem with the sims from gallery because I don't want to my town be a super-model town! :D ( my point of view, If I wanted to look like my town, I would only let the townies...) And I continue that by ading childrem and making makeovers! (And creating some diferent personalitys!) :D
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Almost all of my male game generated sims have the Jessie Hair from The Sims Resource. I really hate it and I'm thinking about deleting it completely.

Do you have sims4studio. That program allows you to choose if townies spawn with a certain cc or not.
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    I've had some very good looking townies show up in the last few days...but will they stay around? My townies tend to disappear. Maybe they don't like towns without toddlers o:)
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,734 Member
    I have a mix of elder and young adult townies. The elders are diverse and usually look fine, but the young adults have terrible fashion taste.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Children,Teens, YA, Adults, and Elders. I cull my own townies I deem then ones worthy to stay and who has to go.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    onestronglungonestronglung Posts: 12 New Member
    foussi wrote: »

Do you have sims4studio. That program allows you to choose if townies spawn with a certain cc or not.

I deleted it, but thank you!
  • Options
    EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    They are all ugly and unrealistic. I have never seen any real human being that looks anything like them who isn't 'special'. I don't wish to offend but that is the most concise way I can describe EA's randomly spawned townies. I hate the ones with the pear shaped bodies, and ugly mismatched clothes the most. Actually I hate all of the randomly spawned townies. Except the one or two once in a blue moon who look decent enough to not be deleted.
  • Options
    alexis117alexis117 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @foussi said:
    > Since it seems every game has it own "how the townies look like " thingie i am asking how your game generated townies look like.
    > Are they ugly or pretty or do they have fancy or not fancy clothes.
    > Are your townies fat or look like Schwarzenegger.
    >
    > My game produces mostly "normal" looking townies.

sense the vampires Dlc i've been getting very ugly grey sims generated
    i have to keep deleting them i hope EA/Maxis fixes this bug soon
  • Options
    AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    I had a some facial overlays marked for random, so I was getting townies with sharp cheekbones, and their face beat to the gawds. And i was like wow i'm so lucky what cute townies. I didn't realized until i wanted to change an outfit on one of them at their face beneath it looked ENTIRELY different.
    All my townies are ugly, in short.
  • Options
    Oh_MereOh_Mere Posts: 49 Member
    My townies are pretty diverse in appearance. Horrible fashion sense. There are a lot of single moms with a teen and child. A ton of them have Asian names. Like, Asian names are the most common ones for townies in my game. It's a little weird. I'd like more diversity in the names.
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2017
    :joy: I love all these great descriptions!

I can't come up with anything nearly as clever, but I'll just say that a good 80% of what my game spawns is elderly vamps in those tacky leather pants. :grimace: Every 2-3 sim nights, I'm deleting about 5 of them, and you can bet they're wearing those pants. :lol:

When I send my sims out in the day, it starts spawning sims with not only horrible clothing but those very culturally diverse names that don't match their ethnicity at all. I've spent a decent amount of my time redressing, renaming, and even creating my own sims to fill up the world because I can't stand some of what my game spits out. :lol: Then I'll send my sim(s) bowling and it's teen-fest. All these teens with salt and pepper hair (prematurely graying or...?) and pear-shaped bodies. They get deleted pretty quickly, too. :wink:
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've had some terrible ones like many described here. most of those got deleted or made over, if they had something that piqued my interest, like a specific job or a trait combo that made them worth keeping around. or were a butler...

i've also had some really amazing ones, one of whom even became a member of my rotation. i first saw him in short shorts and that halfshirt the fisherman a few pages ago has, just jogging down the street and thought "ok, i need to play that man and find him a boyfriend". so i did. he also owns and manages the italian restaurant in my game. he's a snob and a foodie, which i think work perfectly for that.

also, this is a screenshot i took of another random townie while managing households. i loved this guy, he showed up at all the parties ever and, as the picture shows, totally looked the part. i was actually really sad when he got culled... https://gyazo.com/2a2931c86ff9f5a34afe838ded4bca3b
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    They look like game generated townies. Constantly deleting them or trying to make them look decent.

There should be a tab
    -disallow cc for townies
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited May 2017
    For some reason my game has been spawning multiple townies with the same first and last name. And the same faces.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I do edit most of my townies or just delete the ones that I don't want to deal with.

My game does generate a ton of Japanese names regardless of the look of the townie. I get a mix of hair styles, actually a fair amount of redheaded townies sometimes with Japanese features.

For some reason, my game seems to have an unusual fondness for spamming sims with "mutton chops" as sideburns and extreme bodybuilding muscles. So, there will be a townie with a Japanese name and some Japanese facial features with redheaded mutton chops who is built like the Hulk.

I have left a few Japanese townies in the game, I just like to keep things varied. I do have a fitness trainer at one of the gyms who is Japanese and ripped with mutton chops, but with black hair. He is popular with some of my lady sims like the now divorced Clara Bjergsen. I don't think it is realistic to have more than one or two with mutton chops in my game. Lol.

I've also seen some loud floral pants on a few of my male sims, those always get edited. I have left a few weird, weasely-looking male sims in my game for variety but they don't get dated by my sims. That's another type that gets generated a lot, very thin men with sharp, "weasel" faces sometimes with glasses.

I've also got some mismatched single parents as well. I have started to try to make those single parents and children more consistent (child plausibly resembling the parent, not necessarily exactly but enough) but I don't always pay attention.

Every so often, my game does generate some very good-looking townies, especially as bartenders and massage therapists. A few of those have married into my game. I tend to give a lot of townies tummy tucks which makes most of them look decent. I don't mind some average-looking townies or even a few average-looking sims in my rotation as long as they interest me in some way.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I my game they look great...if you don't care about fashion that is :grimace:
    Face like a supermodel but clothing like a hobo or crazy cat lady.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    christyruinchristyruin Posts: 65 Member
    Before I started over and deleted all my CC, every single NPC townie would have the same horrible skin that I downloaded. It made them all look sickly and pale. They also usually always had the same hairstyle.

I'm being a lot more careful with the CC I download now, lol.
  • Options
    SweetJennSweetJenn Posts: 167 Member
    I didn't know that townies were random for every game. I thought that they were the same for everyone's game.
  • Options
    tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    Most of mine tend to be bigger mothers, a teenager daughter, a child son, and they all look nothing alike and appear to be racially ambiguous. Ever since City Life came out they've all had very ethnic names. At first I was happy for the diversity, but now since every townie sim "appears" to be diverse, no one is.
  • Options
    tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I usually get a lot of elders and fat women! Though there's this one young white guy with a massive ginger afro!

I wish the townies would turn up to cafes and hangouts more as it just seems to be extensions of my original sim family that turn up.

This is the case for me, too. I rarely see townies at community lots. I usually just see them roaming the streets and just see people my sims already know at venues. What's the point of making my own townies if they don't actually show up? I even make clubs for them so they'd be more inclined, but it's rare I ever see them around town.