Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi everyone! I'm here to drop off a double update of my legacy today :blush:

uXX55pL.jpg

UYrFZLw.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Nory_05 wrote: »
    Hi Guys!

How are you? :)
    I've gone missing, i know... Lot of changes in the past couple of month. I moved house, broke up with my boyfriend after five years. So really just have been trying to find myself and haven't been playing too much. In all fairness i found it depressing that even my sims have better love life than me... :D

But, i think i'm back, and finally managed to squeeze out a new chapter for my story as well.

For those of you who have been following Ben and Kate... You can find the new update here: https://simtowntales.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/chapter-thirteen-2/

Nory, your screenshot is gorgeous--the composition, layout, color, Sims--really amazing work.

All the best to you. It's so tough to go through a big break-up and have so many changes in your life. Hope you're gentle with yourself as you go through all the growth we experience in transition times. Much love to you!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I have a day off from both jobs finally! It's been almost three weeks!

Wordpress informed me that I have reached 100 posts today.

This chapter Hailey thinks about the trouble she caused, and the girls take her to the spa.

Girl's Day

Yay, Miss P! How awesome for a full day off! And congrats on 100 posts! I'm looking forward to reading your chapter during my afternoon break today--I think I have maybe two or three chapters of yours to read!

I have a recent posts link on the index page now for returning readers to see what they may have missed. :)
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    I have a Legacy question! When playing Pinstar's rules, how many times can your Sim drink the potion of youth? Is it once?

@Rorygilmore34 I broke the rules towards the end but, yes, only once. This includes either essence of life from the cowplant or a youth potion. You can collect them, of course, and they count as points. :)

Thank you so much @Meggles for your help! I'm playing the, "I'm a Lover Challenge" and there isn't a rule for the potion so I thought I would ask the pros on the Pinstar one. :)
  • Options
    Hi, guys! Just wanted to remind you that in Book Club today, we're talking about @Maladi777 's exciting Heffner Legacy, and the awesome @Rinellie is the Coffee Hour host! You can join the fun here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/843372/book-club-heffner-legacy#latest

I've got a busy morning, so I won't be by until later, but swing on over and join the chat!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    @Simslover163 What are your thoughts if Mason took the Potion of Youth? There isn't a rule for it in the Challenge I'm playing. I'm thinking of letting him take it.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited March 2016
    Good Morning @everyone,

Hope that you're all having a great Friday. Before getting into today's update news, I'd like to let you all know that Sims and Friends has just reached 900 pages! That leaves a 100 to go before reaching the 1000 page milestone and I hope that you all can come visit and help that become a reality.

Now for some more baby announcements:

@SummerFalls: Apparently you (Joel) have/has married an alien by the name of Dakota Fox who just gave birth to a sweet baby girl by the name of Cindy.

https://silversnewlywedsimfriends.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/summer-falls/

@lisabee2: Your daughter, Cherie also lives in the SummerFalls household with her husband @Pronterus (Carlo De Leon) and together they had their firstborn son, Dion. I shared the update to your Facebook page but you can also click on the link above to meet your new grandson.

@Simslover163: Is now a father to a handsome baby boy by the name of Jesse who was born to his lovely wife Ayrissa Simmer.

https://silversnewlywedsimfriends.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/patrick-ayrissa-simmer/

@BabyDollAnne: Your Simself Anne Dyball recently married @kittycatcali's Sim S Neko (from her Simself household) and together you recently welcomed your firstborn Marvin into this big wide Sim world.

https://silversnewlywedsimfriends.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/s-anne-neko/

@kittycatcali: What does the 'S' in Neko's name stand for and which Sim in your Simself household is you? Cali has also given birth in my game to a precious baby girl by the name of Norah and she is married to a man by the name of Ronan Palmer.

https://silversnewlywedsimfriends.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/ronan-cali-palmer/

@whitewaveldc : Your Simself Jennifer Campbell married a local Sim by the name of Kian Chu and they are now happy parents to triplets Ace, Emely and Edwin.

https://silversnewlywedsimfriends.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/kian-jennifer-chu/

@KitDragonFlight whose Simself married @zbern12's Sim, Kevin Brown, recently gave birth to twins, Dean & Halle.

https://silversnewlywedsimfriends.wordpress.com/category/kitdragonflight/

Wedding Announcements:

@Rinellie : Your Simself Brittany Marer just married townie, Brayden Walden

@friendsfan367 : Welcome to my Celtic Heritage legacy as your simself Tamara Padgett has married generation 6 heir, Barrett Sim

@MrsOogieBoogie's Simself Jenna has married a local doctor by the name of Alton Atkinson

Expecting Mothers:

@Derubelle and Shaun Fancey are expecting their second child.

That's all for now and I'll be back later with an update from Quincy Lim of Hawaiian Roots.

Note: @anyone: If you've been reading my older posts and the slideshow is missing that's because I just realized that when one (like myself) deletes an album on Imgur, then the pictures will no longer show in the update. Once again, I learned the hard way not to delete the albums and their photos from there. At least your Simself albums are safe as I've only deleted albums to my older updates.

yeah tara is married. thats exciting and depressing. exciting because i lost track of her in the last story so im happy for her and depressed because that means her love life is better than mine.
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @Simslover163 What are your thoughts if Mason took the Potion of Youth? There isn't a rule for it in the Challenge I'm playing. I'm thinking of letting him take it.

That's what I was thinking too! Give it a go @Rorygilmore34!

I want him to be around so that Charlotte and Mason can be a golden couple once Charlotte reaches her senior years! There could be a possibility that he can still be around to see his grandchildren! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    Hey everyone! How are your days? :3

Hi, Anne! Love your new avi! How are you? Is it spring yet where you live?

It should be but it's so darn cold! Is it the same in America? x
  • Options
    moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    @SilverDaybreak Aww my new babs is so cute!
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    I was just having an okay day until my walk home - and now it's awesome. There's an adorable, fuzzy, yellow duckling at the pond! It was just a waddling after it's mom and cheeping. If that doesn't put you in a good mood, nothing will!
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    Hi guys.

Well I'm busy with family issues again this week but I thought I'd share a few pics of my Build Newcrest file I just shared on Tumblr.

tumblr_o3j1g8p4g61vn7ylco1_1280.png
    tumblr_o3j1g8p4g61vn7ylco2_540.png
    tumblr_o3j1g8p4g61vn7ylco4_1280.png

The first pic is my founder Hanna Minton.

The second pic is when I sent her to Granite Falls to meet some Sims. If you haven’t done this challenge before you aren’t allowed to leave Newcrest and go anywhere except Granite Falls and Magnolia shops so this is the only way I could think for her to make friends and meet a mate.

The next pic is Hanna’s best friend Lane. He was a pure accident random roll but his look was just so quirky I saved him and put him in the game and I’m glad I did. He’s over constantly and since Hanna is social he filled a need to make her happy while she was all alone in Newcrest.

If you want to see more random pics as I set up and play my files before the actual stories get published follow my Tumblr:

http://dreamingsimsblog.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited March 2016
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Well I'm busy with family issues again this week but I thought I'd share a few pics of my Build Newcrest file I just shared on Tumblr.

The second pic is when I sent her to Granite Falls to meet some Sims. If you haven’t done this challenge before you aren’t allowed to leave Newcrest and go anywhere except Granite Falls and Magnolia shops so this is the only way I could think for her to make friends and meet a mate.

The next pic is Hanna’s best friend Lane. He was a pure accident random roll but his look was just so quirky I saved him and put him in the game and I’m glad I did. He’s over constantly and since Hanna is social he filled a need to make her happy while she was all alone in Newcrest.

If you want to see more random pics as I set up and play my files before the actual stories get published follow my Tumblr:

I'll follow you! It'll be from my personal account but I have a simblr, too! :)

Edit: and I was going to say, you're more adventurous than I am! My BN founder just found a mate from who walked by the lot, haha!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @JLBDreamer I believe he is an EA premade :) They show up on random rolls sometimes. I forgot his name though...
  • Options
    i have a longer reading list than i do time. more reading to do but less time to do it. im supposed to pick a recipe to make by monday but coffee beat food again so all thats doing is making me hungry.
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @JLBDreamer I believe he is an EA premade :) They show up on random rolls sometimes. I forgot his name though...

He has a name? I thought it was just in cas, so you have to give them traits/asperations names yourself?
    If he has a name I wanna know where to find it in cas! *curious snorts* :D
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    Hi guys.

I'll follow you! It'll be from my personal account but I have a simblr, too! :)

Edit: and I was going to say, you're more adventurous than I am! My BN founder just found a mate from who walked by the lot, haha!

my favorite founder spouse was colins wife nyla. shes braver than me. i never would stand outside a guys house til he talks to me.
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hello, folks!
    I'm just dropping my newest update here.

Chapter 2.22: All About Love

What are you up to today? :smile:
  • Options
    Hello, folks!

i was looking at recipes. but that made me hungry so i came here.
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
  • Options
    agggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh so many updates to read.
  • Options
    Hello, folks!

since im behind i read chapter 1 insted. i really thought i read it already but i hadn't.
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hello, folks!

Haha, that's my favourite thing to do when it's late - I look at the recipes, get hungry and go to bed frustrated and sad because there's nothing in my fridge worth eating :lol:
  • Options
    Hello, folks!

Haha, that's my favourite thing to do when it's late - I look at the recipes, get hungry and go to bed frustrated and sad because there's nothing in my fridge worth eating :lol:

next should be intresting. im supposed to cook so i have leftovers but i hate leftovers unless their moms so they probably will go to Brian.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! How are your days? :3

Hi, Anne! Love your new avi! How are you? Is it spring yet where you live?

It should be but it's so darn cold! Is it the same in America? x

Depends on where! We've had super warm weather for the past three weeks! Feels like it should be late April around here lately!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top