Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @gnasling - Just noticed your signature and a five-generation legacy sounds wonderful! I might have to try it sometime.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @MrsOogieBoogie OMG! Welcome back!!! ^-^
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Okay, now that I have a brief reprieve from this thing we call life (I have two more classes like I said, but hopefully they won't be too bad), I'm going to go through and address some posts. I'd like to say I'm sorry in advance to anyone I miss, but being a week behind, I don't think I could get fully caught up.

February 13

JLBDreamer: I'm not patient enough to really do either, Sims or houses. But I try anyway.

Looks like an interesting story. :)

@ra3rei: Yeah life is life, but. Thanks for the well wishes. I think I have a better understanding of APIs now (that was why I sat in on the class). Not sure about building one myself, but I think I understand them better.

@RebornMonster: Well, they went well, except for the urge to doze off, which I think I did once. Plus, my classmates had no concept of a filter. Just about every word I heard from them started with F. I just don't like it when people add those words constantly to everything they say. By Friday, my patience was being stretched thin, but I think the early morning had something to do with it too. :lol:

You're not alone in not being productive. Sometimes, I just stare at my work and don't add one single thing.

@kittycatcali: I'm sure it's better by now, but ouch burning your thumb. I've burned my fingers before, ironically I did it while making ice cream. I wound up scalding myself with hot butter. So, I can sympathize.

@SilverDaybreak: Cute picture there, but a bit bittersweet for me. Our dog Amy was part Shepherd, so it's hard not to see a bit of her there. But still, cute dog.

@FayeShinomori: I've never really used incense, but I'm sure it smells really good. And good luck on your heiress. Hope Liod turns out just like you want.

@IvoryButterfly: Hope things are doing better for your hubby now. :) Awww, cute pic. Needless to say, I'm a dog person.

@FayeShinomori: *whistles* She does look good.

@SilentWolf101: Yeah, patience is a virtue, but it's not one that comes easy. Kind of on that subject, did your see your friend?

@RebornMonster: Sounds like you had a good time. I haven't been to a Renaissance Festival in years. I miss it, of course, being the fantasy lover I am, that's to be expected.

@swcheppes: Hi there. :) Welcome to the group. I checked out the first chapter of your challenge, and I thought you did a great job making your Sims look like the Disney princesses. Go figure that Gaston would be the Bachelor. :lol: Anyway, welcome to the group.

@RipuAncestor: Good luck juggling your stories. I do it too, with varying degrees of success.

@mastressalita: I know that feeling, a vacation to recover from the vacation. I've been trying to get back into the swing of things myself.

@SilverDaybreak: Nice. Wasn't sure how he'd make the transition from 3 to 4, but I think you pulled off my last patriarch well. :)

@RebornMonster: Sorry to hear that. :( If it's any consolation, I struggle with the same feeling of impending doom. When I had those stomach bugs, I was convinced I had colon cancer instead and I was as good as dead. So, I understand what it's like to have that feeling of doom. I hope things are looking up for you now. :)

@kittycatcali: Sorry to hear your weeks have been bad. I hope they're going better now.

@Julyvee94: I don't know why, but Van Mooch looks to me like a cross between Snidely Whiplash and Dr. Facilier.

@gnasling: Sorry to hear you've been sick. :( Hope you're starting to feel better, and believe me, we understand. Life gets tough, so check in when you can. :)

@SilverDaybreak: Thanks for including Adam. :) It's nice to see him getting some action with my game in mothballs.

@kittycatcali: I like that first banner myself. :)

@CandyCadet: I feel like Europe's The Final Countdown should be playing here. :lol:

@MayaRose1138: Well, glad to see you come back. :) Life gets busy, and boy, do I know it.

@BabyDollAnne: Tiring for one thing. But otherwise I've been good. Welcome back. :)

@MrsOogieBoogie: Hey, nice to see you back. :grin: I've been pretty good lately, although I've had some whacky occurrences the past couple of days. You know when I saw your avy, I thought it was Ichigo from Bleach (hey, I may not be that big of an anime fan anymore, but I do remember a few things).

And @everybody, hope all is going well. :)
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    week 1 photos for the wu household is almost taken. getting ready to play Friday week 1. my new cat is going to the vet tomorrow to be fixed and rabied. i plan on using her as a emotional support cat. getting a 2nd mri done the 29th of this month. then my surgery next month
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi @Everyone,

Hope that you've all had a good Tuesday.

@MrsOogieBoogie : Great to see you and thanks for the welcome back. I returned to the forums back in November after a three year absence due to health reasons and joined CathyTea's thread Writer's Lounge at first as I was nervous about returning here after being gone so long. I was inspired to return after seeing Cathy's dedication to her thread through the ups and downs. I'm happy to be back and as I've made many new friends. Thank you for being among those who kept the thread going during my absence. Was wondering if you had a Sims 4 self that I can add to the many Simself friends I have in my game for cameo and special guest fun in my games as well as for when I visit Simself households, so that I can get to know you through your Sims and you can see what they are doing. It's a lot of fun. If you don't have a Simself, I could make you one, if you like.

@RebornMonster: Thanks for popping by as I've missed you and hope that things are going well for you. Hope that you can read tonight's update for Abigail as your Sim, Lucas makes an appearance.

@msbeckycat: Hope that everything goes well for your furbaby tomorrow at the vet. Nice to see you pop in and was wondering if you have a Sims4 self that I could add to my game as I hope to eventually have my Simming friends take over the townie's in my game.

Here are the special guests for Abigail's update include: @eXokamikaze and Ninjapig, @Simslover163, @SummerFalls, @OJenn, @kittycatcali (S Neko), @RebornMonster (Lucas), and @Munterbacon.

https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/2016/02/23/scis-scientists-generation-1-scientist-of-solitude-5/

Have a great night!

Silver
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Smiles for everyone, just because. And hugs.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Hey guys! So, I've got plans to upload at least one more short story to my site before adding a chapter to one of my major stories. My plan for the next major story update is to post another chapter for AWM. :) Then another for Pets Rescue. :3 Don't ask me when those will get uploaded, as it depends on my schedule. I finally applied for another job, and I'm just waiting for a call from the place...
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Hey everyone! Thought I would pop by and say hello :blush:

Those that frequent the Writers' Lounge know about Tails of ninjapig & the Foodie Five, and have probably already found themselves in ninjapig's world with a character profile of your own! You're all welcome to check out the blog, which at the moment is just quick tours throughout my completely altered and themed towns, and character profiles - Pages on the sidebar can take you straight to each town or the profiles.

What I'm doing is putting peoples simselves (and some characters, if simselves aren't really your thing) into the save that can act as heroes and villains. At some point, these simselves/characters are going to star in an episode, and it's all going to be rather silly. Shenanigans will be had! :D

If you're interested in joining in, tag me, and let me know if you have a preference for good or evil, or somewhere in between (anti-hero) and I'll make it so!

Anywho... That's it from me tonight. I'll be sure to share the story in here when it gets started in the next week or so.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!!

F.I.S.H. IS BACK!!! :D Rejoice! Season 2 begins next Friday, March 4! Until then, check out what River and Melody have been up to. Enjoy!!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/whats-going-river-melody/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    edited February 2016
    @ra3rei LOL Yessss I've returned with gifts! I'm so happy to be back writing more for TIDL! I've really missed it!

@SilentWolf101 Thank you! Good to see you again! <3

@thesealofthesims Hey there! Nice to see you, as well ^_^ Awww, you thought it was Ichigo? Haha Yeah, I can kind of see it with his red hair and brown eyes. I love Bleach so much haha I've watched the entire anime series maybe 4 times all together. It's definitely one of my favorites. Maybe I made Rudy (my avy) look like Ichigo subconsciously O_O LOL

@SilverDaybreak Ohh, I see. Well, it's really good to see you back again and I'm glad you're better in health enough to return! It was such a lovely little surprise to see you back in this thread! ^_^ Aww, and it's not trouble at all. I've been in this thread for so, so long that I'd hate to see it not as lively like I've always known it to be, so you're very welcome <3 Ohh! And I do have a SimSelf, but I think I should really remake her, and when I do, I'll put her up in the gallery and let you add her to your game! That's so exciting ^_^ TS4 has been giving me problems, though.. When I go in game, only a very select few actions work and nothing else. My Sims can only do a few interactions with another Sim, but for everything else, they don't move or do really anything, so I've been turned off (yet again) from playing it. I've seen a LOT of other people with this problem, yet no solution has worked yet for my game.. U_U Luckily though, there's no problem with the CAS, so I can redo my simself for you no problem haha

I hope everyone is having a nice Wednesday! I hate how it was, like.. 50+ degrees yesterday here and today, it's snowing really hard and it's like a freakin' blizzard outside -_-
  • Options
    PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    It's not about money.

Inheritance: Chapter 5, Part 2

"Really,"

screenshot-210.jpg
  • Options
    ShymamiiShymamii Posts: 309 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    @gnasling - Just noticed your signature and a five-generation legacy sounds wonderful! I might have to try it sometime.

I agree. That does sound good I think that's what I'm gonna do with my Current legacy challenge I'm still on Gen 2.
    But for now I'm having fun with my Sims 3 ALL IN ONE Series The story that is unraveling is truly amazing and its all because of the actual sims haha. If u wanna check it out its on my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qTXQDc4-OE

P.S @gnasling I feel that way often enough, its like it becomes overwhelming and not interesting....but coming on here and meeting so many wonderfully nice and caring ppl is all that I need. This community has shown me soo much love and support I could never thank it enough :smiley:
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    Generation 10 has just begun, headed by Liod's firstborn grandson Nzambi and his new wife Mboya! Mboya is now pregnant with their first child and I can't wait to see how he or she turns out!

Here is Nzambi: Nzambi%20Nolan_zpssmkwkv8y.png

And here is Mboya: Mboya%20Nolan_zpsqr49g5zq.png

Nzambi and Mboya's names come from the gods that are worshiped by the Bantu people of Africa, a little bit of change of pace from my usual use of Hindu gods and goddesses or Norse gods and goddesses that I use from time to time. Thought I'd use something a bit more original this time around!
  • Options
    Here are the shout outs for tonight's update from Texan Trails:

@MrsOogieBoogie: I look forward to having your Simself in my game. Will probably put you in the same household as @gnasling. Is your gallery ID the same as here?

@MayaRose1138 : Sorry that you haven't been feeling well, lately. Hope that you're feeling better soon.

@CandyCadet: Nice to see you pop in and was wondering if you had a Sims 4 self made that I could add to my game with the others for more Simself fun?

@PmlTry: Hello and it's great to see you stop by and hope that things are well. Would love to add your Simself to my game, too if you have one and the same goes for @MayaRose1138 .

@Simslover163 with Shadow, @Miki, @Summer Falls, @Carewren123, @Sabreene, and @RebornMonster (Lucas Simian)

https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/2016/02/24/texan-trails-generation-one-texan-spy-6/

Hope you have a great night!

Silver
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Hi all! <3

@FayeShinomori Heyy Fayyyee! I haven't talked to you in forever, too! How've you been? I really like how Nzambi looks! He's a cutie! ^_^ And I've always been a fan of the names you choose, it's all so unique hehe

@SilverDaybreak Yes, my name in the gallery is the same, MrsOogieBoogie, although I haven't added her to the gallery yet because I've been meaning to ask: do you play with CC? Because I've recently redid my SimSelf for the purpose of letting you have her in your game, but she's mostly made up of the CC I have >_< I hope you play with some? Because if you do, I can give you the links to the stuff I used so that you can download it all (which isn't much, to be honest) and then she'll look just like me! Without CC, I can't even make my SimSelf possible LOL It's just.. SO not like me XD

This is her with her CC I used. She has CC hair, skin, eyes, eyebrows, lip makeup and freckles.
    tumblr_o330f90cSp1s9my79o2_540.png
  • Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    @everyone HELLO *HUGS*

Well, this has been a long long two weeks, yes, it's now almost over for my hubby. his stitches come out tomorrow hopefully *crosses fingers*

I've worked a little bit on my 3rd chapter, but I've not had much time either with being so busy, and tired... so very tired.

I hope that @everyone is well too. I'll keep you updated tomorrow.
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Evening folks!

Just added a character profile to my upcoming story. The characters featured are @pronterus and @SilentWolf101

The Sanguinary Squatters :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    @MrsOogieBoogie : I do prefer to keep CC to a minimum and rarely use it but don't mind it in hair. If your Simself doesn't download with something I will try to get her hair as close as possible with what I have.

@Munterbacon : Will check out the new profiles, tomorrow.

@IvoryButterfly: Hugs and glad you could stop by.

@FayeShinomori: Your Sims are lovely as always.

• Options
    @SilverDaybreak Ohh okay. Well, if you're open to being convinced (LOL) I've noticed that CC for TS4 does barely anything compared to what it does to TS3?? hahaha like, in my game, I have A LOT of CC for it and TS4 barely even blinks an eye to it.. But, of course, everyone has their own limitations to their own games and I very much respect that! Honestly, I don't think I'm comfortable giving out my SimSelf any less than what I have made her as. To me, it just wouldn't be the same and it's not really even worth it to give her out if she doesn't look exactly like me and how I've made her. Idk why, but I'm finicky like that.. >_< It's completely no offense to anyone that does or doesn't prefer or want CC in their game, everyone has their own preferences and what not, but if you wanted to use her, I'd ask that you DO make her look as she is portrayed by me, myself.. I hope you understand? I'd really love to see her in other people's games, I'm very open to sharing my Sims in TS4 more than I am for TS3, but I AM still the perfectionist at heart in the end and would want her to be portrayed as she is. :)<3
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Hey y'all!

Devan realizes the benefit (and annoyance) of having children. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/who-needs-a-dishwasher-when-you-have-kids/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    @MrsOogieBoogie : I will use the CC that comes with her as I do have some CC wall/floor coverings in my game that works fine and just installed the Master Controller last night and so far it works alright. So I will use her as you have made her.

I have been making a directory for Simselves on one of my blogs, Silvers Simself Scroll. Plan to create a separate category for those who use CC as these Sims can only be found using the in game Gallery with CC checked.

I have noticed that CC and modes so far do cause a lot less problems than in Sims 3, so will allow CC in Sims 4 but keep my Sims 3 games CC free.

Thanks for letting me use her.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @SilverDaybreak Awesome, no problem at all! I'll message you soon with all the links to her CC and I'll put her up in the gallery soon, too. Thanks for being so understanding! ^_^ I'm excited to see her in your game whenever you get around to featuring her!
    Post edited by MrsOogieBoogie on
  • Options
    gnaslinggnasling Posts: 208 Member
    edited February 2016
    @OJenn Thanks for noticing :D I'm afraid I'm lazy/my life is a mess at the moment, so Haven't changed my signature in ages. There's a rewritten version of the same legacy (still planning 5 gens) that I still update. Sadly, the other one I've put to rest. The new one's here if you like :) (Ishouldreallychangemysignaturealready).

@thesealofthesims Thanks a lot :)<3 I'm much better - it only really lasted two days, thankfully :) always nice to be able to come here and be all self-pitying about everything that's messed up.

EDIT: Forgot to add the link to the blog (d'oh) and I changed my signature!
    Post edited by gnasling on
  • Options
    ShymamiiShymamii Posts: 309 Member
    I'm gonna check it out now ^_^ @gnasling
  • Options
    DerubelleDerubelle Posts: 638 Member
    Hey hey heeeey!

What have we here..hmm... but if it isn't a new chapter of Life is for the Living ! (very much long due..but oh well better later than never :D )

Enjoy! <3

25142421852_3702c96406_b.jpg