The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @lisabee2 Hello, and welcome! *hugs* Based off of your comment, I'm kind of considering creating a "how to" for the forums so that new members can easily use the forums...
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @SilentWolf101 that would be AWESOME
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    @SilentWolf101 that would be AWESOME
    ^-^ I'm currently working on a very brief intro to the forums for you with a little help from Silver. :)

EDIT: And... Sent. If you'd like, I could also do one explaining WordPress? Because a little birdie told me that you were new to that as well. :)
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi ok I don't really post updates on this thread but I'm on the last few so I'll be doing that :p
    http://thesims3bard.weebly.com/blog/arc-5-scene-4-go-slowly
    7wEJFdZ.png

If you haven't caught up yet nor started the story, see it all here in this table of contents :innocent:
    http://thesims3bard.weebly.com

@thesealofthesims Right? I actually made a new schedule and on one particular day, I'm there from 8 in the morning till 10 at night :weary: I still gotta write a whole page before I go back there tomorrow :p

@SilverDaybreak Sorry but I don't have one. Nor have I ever made one in any Sims game.. Hm I think I need to change that
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @SilentWolf101 OH THAT WOULD BE AWESOME .. I have been a simmer since the first (got The sims 2 months after it's release) and have played ever since. Many of my FB readers have urged me to put my tales into a blog. It is a WHOLE new ball game for me. The forums have long baffled me but Wordpress is like Greek. I am lost. I have managed one blog post but am afraid to go any farther (I do not know where to go to go farther LOL) This is where I am .. BIG start LOL smh ... (it would not let me post a link)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi @Everyone,

@lisabee2 : Hello again and welcome to the thread and I hope that you'll enjoy your stay with us and have fun chatting with fellow Simmers while making new friends.

@CandyCadet: That's fine, please let me know when you do have a Simself or I could make one for you based on your photo. Then you can join all the fun.

I come bearing gifts of more updates from SilverWithFriends page. First we have one from Lucas & @Sabreene Ainsworth as they are now proud parents of twin boys, expertly delivered by Dr Jes2G.

https://silversnewlywedsimfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/lucas-sabreene-ainsworth/

Here is another from the home of Cade & Terry (FB Simming friend) Rector who recently moved to Desert Oasis (formerly Oasis Springs of my 2nd game save) who recently welcomed a baby girl into the world with help from Dr. Dyllan Machin, son of @IvoryButterfly in Aussie Accents. Dyllan also moved to New England (Windenburg) when he was hired by the Chief of Staff at the Sim Elsewhere Hospital.

https://silversnewlywedsimfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/cade-terry-rector/

The last birth announcements for now goes out to @thesealofthesims' Evan & @Rorygilmore34 as well as to @Penguinwa101 & @swcheppes on the births of their first children.

https://silversnewlywedsimfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/home-of-the-penguin/

https://silversnewlywedsimfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/home-of-the-penguin/

Post edited by SilverDaybreak on
  • Options
    kittycatcalikittycatcali Posts: 449 Member
    @SilentWolf101 *Hugs* I'm actually pretty good for the first time in a while. :)
    2m44pk0.jpg
    Lost Legacy / Prompted

"When it comes to the torment and the people who inflicted it, we've all got an elephant's memory."
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    Hey all! Sorry I've been so MIA but this last chapter was an emotional one for me and I've just been a little withdrawn. That and I've been trying to get all my other stories up-to-date. I told myself I'd never do intersecting stories again, yet here I am, writing 4 of them!

Let's see. The latest chapter is Chapter 15: Don't Say a Word

24690854064_53d3b3c3a2_b.jpg
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Well, now I can transition back into the daily routine.

@Munterbacon: Well, nice to see some new faces here in the group. Your story sounds pretty cool too. If I can ever get down to Sim reading, I might just have to check it out.

@MrsOogieBoogie: Bleach was my first, last, and only proper anime series (my family doesn't really approve of anime in general, so I had to give it up), but from the first moment Ichigo met Rukia, I was thinking, those two should become a couple. They fight enough for it. :lol: Maybe so. I also wanted to tell you that I watched a few official UFC fights, although all the good ones are out of my reach, especially the recent Bisping vs. Silva fight. I would have loved to have seen that one. But I digress.

@FayeShinomori: 10 generations. And I thought five was hard enough. Once again, your Sims look really great. They're going to have gorgeous kids.

@MrsOogieBoogie: Your Sim looks nice too.

@IvoryButterfly: Well, since it's been a few days, I hope everything went all right. Glad to hear your hubby at least got his stiches out. Busy and tired, sounds like my life.

@gnasling: Glad to hear it. :) Yeah, it's nice to have a place to vent. I know in my house, it's usually, "suck it up and deal with it" so self-pity doesn't fly too far. But sometimes, you just need to let it out.

@SilentWolf101: Sorry to hear you lost your save. :( I hope you can get back to the place you were soon. If that happened to me, I don't know if I could start from scratch again.

@SilverDaybreak: I have to laugh a bit since I had Adam married in my game too. I know it's two separate games, but I just couldn't help but thinking I have my first case of Sim bigamy. Well, with my game messing up, it's nice to see one of my Daniels family living on.

@Shymamii: That is just too cool, making your own world. I see you put a lot into that. Very cool. :grin:

@ValoisFulcanelli: I haven't updated one of my stories in two years, so I think five months is no time at all.

@lisabee2: Welcome. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. :)

@CandyCadet: 8 to 10?! Yeesh, I'd need to be on a coffee IV drip for that.

@SilverDaybreak: So Adam's a father now...twice. :lol:

@Blythelyre: Well, welcome back. :)
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Hi Guys,

Still not well but thought I'd pop in to say that I'm still around and hopefully will be right soon.

Waves@everyone
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    Evening guys!

My new story is finally about to start. I most the prologue for it just now! :)

Prologue: Let the Raiding Begin.

This short prologue featured @BBQPenguinWings @CathyTea as "The Werellama of Windenburg", @Rorygilmore34 as well as both her Meatballs.

I'm SO excited to see that this story is starting! :)@Munterbacon
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Hey everyone!

Sorry for being so MIA, for anyone that hasn't seen over on my Stories and Legacies Index thread, I've been down with Strep Throat and thus have been pretty blech and waaaaaaaaaaay behind on... everything.

But I do want to say, OMG @MrsOogieBoogie is back! I'd posted maybe two months ago saying I missed seeing you around here hoping that might pop you out of the woodwork but hey, later is better than never! Glad to see you around again! *hugs*

And without further ado, since I worked like a crazy Mastress to get this done at the last minute and now my stuffy head is screaming and I just want to retreat back to my bed, here is my submission for the Short Story Challenges thread this month, at the very last minute, as seems to be my usual M.O.

For the Love of Furbabies - Bridgette Lee fondly remembers growing up with her cat Tabby, and the love between owner and pet as she is faced with a difficult decision. Written for the February 2016 Short Story Challenges theme “A Different Kind of Love.”
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    @MrsOogieBoogie: Thank you! Yeah, Willow is a gorgeous little girl but she's a feisty one. She's always picking fights, but she seems to have a soft spot for my cat Finn who is nothing but a big old gentle giant with a heart of gold. He never wants to harm anyone. He just loves being everyone's friend, and Willow pretty much leaves him alone and sometimes she'll try to play with him but he's so terrified of her that he thinks he's about to be beat up instead lol! He's this big huge seventeen pound cat and Willow only barely weighs seven pounds, so it's laughable when she goes after Finn and he goes running for the hills lol.
    @InfraGreen: I have nine cats, so my house is really crazy. We take in strays off the streets and make them part of our family and two of the older cats, Libby and Finneas, have been adopted from my local animal shelter when they were kittens and they are both very protective of me and I call them my guardian cats because they're always there when I desperately need a friend. They're two of my most well-behaved cats, too.
    @thesealofthesims: Thank you! Their children have indeed turned out to be beautiful. They have four daughters now, Mbongwe, Pandora, Cassandra, and now little infant Nu'umea!

Here are Nzambi and Mboya's oldest three daughters. You'll probably have to click on the link to their pictures since the forum never lets me post the pictures I want it to or in the quantity I want it to lol.
    Mbongwe: http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/Faye_Shinomori/Mbongwe Nolan_zpsq7i2goex.png
    Pandora: http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/Faye_Shinomori/Pandora Nolan_zpspwlvjoww.png
    Cassandra: http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/Faye_Shinomori/Cassandra Nolan_zpsjztqvxzr.png
  • Options
    @lisabee2 *hugs* Ah, yes, wordpress can be a little difficult. And now, I'm off to create that thread full of help. :)
    @kittycatcali That's good. :)
    @thesealofthesims *hugs* Thank you.
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    @MrsOogieBoogie, Glad to see you back, hope to be around more soon. Hope you are doing well :)

@mastressalita, Hi, how are you?

@SilentWolf101, Hi I hope you are doing ok?
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    @Lckygrl1975 Hey, I'm doing alright. *hugs* Sorry, I thought I included you in my last post. :( I'm sorry you're still not feeling better.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/879663/helpful-guides-to-the-forums-and-to-wordpress?new=1

Here is for all of you new-comers!

EDIT: The entire guide is now complete! Members and experienced WordPress users, let me know if I've missed anything! ^-^
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    @thesealofthesims why thank you!! I can breathe a little now.

Is anyone writing a legacy story? Not necessarily a challenge but just a story that has spanned more than one generation of the same family? I'd hoped to do 10 gens but I think I'm going to switch it up after this next one (gen 5) and allow myself to write about other Sims - still blood related but not necessarily the heir.

Has anyone else deviated to that extent? And if so, does it feel better without that restriction?

Mind you, I've already removed all the other restrictions lol
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Blythelyre : I've actually never been interested in writing a legacy... precisely because of the whole "rules" of having "direct genetic descendants" and things like that. I enjoy playing non-traditional families / things out of the heteronormative norms when it comes to couples, and the fact you couldn't adopt and do other things because of the whole "direct descent" issue just made legacies feel kinda meh for my own play style (I still read them, though!) So if I ever did play (or write) a legacy, I'd really have to do it "outside of the norms". Otherwise I'd just get too bored with it, I think!

@Lckygrl1975 : Still feeling a little worse for the wear, but I'm getting by somehow. Looks like you've been sick too... T_T We can be sick buddies! *hugs and hopes you get well soon*
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    @Munterbacon: Well, nice to see some new faces here in the group. Your story sounds pretty cool too. If I can ever get down to Sim reading, I might just have to check it out.

Hello @thesealofthesims ! :) Yeah I normally hangout in the Writers' Lounge, but I thought I would join this thread too, seems like a cool place to kick it! B)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    Dandylion240Dandylion240 Posts: 279 Member
    Blythelyre wrote: »
    @thesealofthesims why thank you!! I can breathe a little now.

Is anyone writing a legacy story? Not necessarily a challenge but just a story that has spanned more than one generation of the same family? I'd hoped to do 10 gens but I think I'm going to switch it up after this next one (gen 5) and allow myself to write about other Sims - still blood related but not necessarily the heir.

Has anyone else deviated to that extent? And if so, does it feel better without that restriction?

Mind you, I've already removed all the other restrictions lol

Hi it's been forever since I've made a comment in this forum. Saw your post and thought why not comment.

I follow no particular set of rules for either of my legacies. I just don't seem to be able to follow rules and soon ditched them for free form lol. For NSOL I created a blog just so I could write about other family members. So I have the main blog just for the heir and a side blog for other stories about other family members. It does take longer for me to finish a generation but I feel better about what I'm writing when I'm not stuck with just one character and I love all my Bennett babies.

So I don't see why you can't write about whomever you want in your legacy. I quite enjoyed reading about all three of the Gen 3 kids and am quite partial to Tony and through him his daughters. Your writing is fantastic and if you choose to write about more than just the heir it's just more to fall in love with. :)

So that's my two cents worth!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Devan and Leliana can't agree on what to name the next child. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/whats-in-a-name/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Well, I know there's not too many hockey fans around here so I'm not expecting my sentiments to be shared, but I'm hoping for some good results with tonight's game. They said that the Capitals/Blackhawks game on Sunday was a Stanley Cup final preview, and I sure hope not, since the Caps lost. But right now, I'd hate to see them lose against Pittsburg tonight. All the while I was thinking, "Lexi, where are you?" Lexi is the name of my pro on NHL 12 and the lead scorer. :tongue:

But if they lose, I can always retreat into my fantasy hockey with NHL 12. :lol: Also kind of funny, when I got NHL Legacy for Christmas, I decided to see who would draft my player, and I got picked up by the Red Wings. If it had been Pittsburg or New York, I would have started over.

Anyway, on to the comments.

@Lckygrl1975: Well, I hope you get well soon. :)

@mastressalita: Sounds like me in general. No matter how much I sleep, I seem to wake up tired. Of course, I'm a night-owl so that explains it. But I digress. I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so bad lately. Hope it's getting better. :)

@FayeShinomori: Well, I could pull up two out of three on this computer, Pandora and Cassandra. They're going to make great looking teens and adults, that's for sure. Just kind of on a side note, thinking of the name Cassandra, I almost expected her to have purple hair. Reason for this is I have a Fire Emblem story with an OC named Cassandra who has purple hair. I guess years of working on that story causes some association.

@SilentWolf101: Yeah, it's no fun losing everything or even thinking you did. When I tried to patch once, I almost lost everything. If it weren't for my external hard drive, I would have so I can certainly sympathize.

@Blythelyre: I guess you could consider my Sims fan fic a legacy story, since it tells about my current patriarch, Adam Daniels, experiencing the birth of his child. I mean I don't plan on having covering more after that, but I guess you could say it's a legacy in the most basic sense. Of course, I don't post screenshots, so that might disqualify my story as well.

@Munterbacon: It really is, even if your updates are sporadic. Not saying yours are, but I'm one of those that can't push stuff out like clockwork, but I still feel welcome here.
  • Options
    @Dandylion240 *hugs* Welcome back to this thread!!! ^-^
    @thesealofthesims While I'm not quite into hockey, I think I might share your feelings with the "If XXXXX drafted my player, I'd start over" or something... XD *hugs* I'm glad that you didn't lose everything, though! It would totally suck to lose everything...