Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll Result from Sims VIP of the best Sims game in the series

Comments

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited January 2016
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    this is really weird when the second most voted is sim 3 and not sims 2 since a big majority of the users here say which the sims 2 was the best sim game ever

You're confusing vocal minority for big majority :D

you can proof??? source please???

You should be the one who provides us with proof :D Can you even find 100 unique users on this forum who claim TS2 is the best Sims game ever? That doesn't even account the that 100 users nowhere constitute a majority on this forum.

You only get the impression that most people think TS2 is the best game because the same dozens or so people are posting over and over again. They are the definition of a vocal minority.
    after read some of your posts well i don't know i'm wasting time with you cya.

Translation: I can't prove anything so I give up ;)

translation i don't waste time with childsh peoples which just want to be reported for provoking.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    this is really weird when the second most voted is sim 3 and not sims 2 since a big majority of the users here say which the sims 2 was the best sim game ever

You should be the one who provides us with proof :D Can you even find 100 unique users on this forum who claim TS2 is the best Sims game ever? That doesn't even account the that 100 users nowhere constitute a majority on this forum.

You only get the impression that most people think TS2 is the best game because the same dozens or so people are posting over and over again. They are the definition of a vocal minority.

translation i don't waste time with childsh peoples which just want to be reported for provoking.

You are calling me "childsh peoples" and apparently I'm the one who needs to be reported? :D
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Well, one thing is clear: A majority (of those in the SLOP) think Sims 4 is not the best in the series, at 52% who feel it's not, vs 47% who feel it is, with <1% voting for Pat Buchanan (lets call them Sims 1 ers).
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Well, one thing is clear: A majority (of those in the SLOP) think Sims 4 is not the best in the series, at 52% who feel it's not, vs 47% who feel it is, with <1% voting for Pat Buchanan (lets call them Sims 1 ers).

Finally someone else added up the numbers. :p
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited January 2016

Doing that doesn't make Sims 4 less the "winner" in the (completely unscientific) poll, though. You can do that for all of them, and they all come out at less than 50% of the total.

Still doesn't matter. I don't understand why a one-question poll on a website is being discussed as if it's meaningful, as if any one-question poll on any website could have some kind of validity. It's as meaningless as your horoscope or a quiz that tells you which of the Beatles you are. And that would be true no matter what website it was posted on, and no matter which game came out "on top."
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

even with that I still don't believe on polls from dubious sites like that.
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    But Sims 2 bashing is less popular.

I bash TS2 all the time :p The game doesn't hold a candle to TS4 if you ask me.
    I wasn't asking you. Nobody was.

I don't need anyone to ask me first to say anything :D

Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited January 2016

even with that I still don't believe on polls from dubious sites like that.

Don't believe any poll that isn't backed up by demographic questions to make the answer statistically meaningful. All single-question, opt-in polls are meaningless. Fun, for sure! But that's about it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

..Are you kidding me? Seriously?
  • Options

Doing that doesn't make Sims 4 less the "winner" in the (completely unscientific) poll, though. You can do that for all of them, and they all come out at less than 50% of the total.

Still doesn't matter. I don't understand why a one-question poll on a website is being discussed as if it's meaningful, as if any one-question poll on any website could have some kind of validity. It's as meaningless as your horoscope or a quiz that tells you which of the Beatles you are. And that would be true no matter what website it was posted on, and no matter which game came out "on top."

My reply about adding up the numbers was really supposed to be taken with a grain of salt. Just the way these polls, statistics and other numbers that get thrown around here all the time. None of these polls,pro/con/or I don't care, could really be described as accurately portraying much of anything.

The people who like the game will rush to post pro TS4 polls and people who aren't so fond of it will do the opposite and publish statistics for their favorites. All the while they will be standing across from each other with their tongues stuck out going nanny-nanny-nanny.

Even when you get into the top selling games of all time it depends on what sites you go to. One site can list Minecraft as number one, another can list Sims 1...........a third might be Myst. This is the Internet you can find a number to prove any point you want to prove.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    But Sims 2 bashing is less popular.

I bash TS2 all the time :p The game doesn't hold a candle to TS4 if you ask me.
    I wasn't asking you. Nobody was.

I don't need anyone to ask me first to say anything :D

Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should.

Then when should I? :D

Should I ask for your permission first every time I want to post a comment here? :#
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options

..Are you kidding me? Seriously?

could be best just ignore it, when you have peoples like that the best to do is just ignore and just talk with peoples actually are worth to talk or discuss.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited January 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Every online website poll of this sort is biased by self-selection: who sees the poll, and who chooses to answer it. Unless a survey has been conducted with statistically valid methods, including matching for demographic info, it's just a game. This one says "People who happened across this poll and chose to answer it answered it like this." A poll here would say the same thing. Neither tells us anything about the opinions of all Sims game owners. (That would be complicated to develop a survey for - do you survey only people who have played all four games? Do you find that info out and then report multiple sets of results? Do you correct for demographics of game owners? Do you even have that info to correct for?)

That's why I said the proof is in the pudding and in all fairness TS3's base game out sold everybody even my beloved TS2 base game, in it's first week. So, popularity is in the money not the polling.

Hold up, no it didn't. The Sims 2 has sold 6 million on PC. The Sims 3 sold 3 million in the first 3 months, but considerably dropped after the feedback from gamers regarding performance, and it slumped. In total, The Sims 3 has sold 10 million on all platforms as of 2014. EA wouldn't give a PC only number, and so it's hard to know. But the Sims 2 sold 13 million on all platforms as of 2014, so it's safe to say the Sims 2 is the biggest seller, not 3.

Everyone acts like the Sims 3 was bigger than The Sims 1 and 2, but it really wasn't. It had very short lived success because of the feedback. I remember when the Sims 3 leaked and everyone called it a BETA because they assumed based on performance, and yet when the final came out, it was the exact same version number and played exactly the same, and thats where it became a mess.

I haven't read through this topic in a couple of days BUT saying the Sims 3 had a very short lived success is rather (as in A LOT) inaccurate. A company doesn't make ELEVEN expansion packs and NINE stuff packs and a store literally CRAMMED WITH A MYRIAD of objects and an additional TWELVE worlds for a release that was a "short lived success". Simcity '13 was a "short lived success", in fact the perfect definition of one, while the Sims 3 was a huge success and continued the tradition of multiple releases over five years.
    Post edited by Renamed2002180839 on
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    So much drama over a plum poll :lol:

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    The people who like the game will rush to post pro TS4 polls and people who aren't so fond of it will do the opposite and publish statistics for their favorites. All the while they will be standing across from each other with their tongues stuck out going nanny-nanny-nanny.

Actually, most of the people who like the Sims 4 who've posted in this thread have been pretty quick to point out how meaningless this poll actually is. It's the people who hate the game and have been ragging all over Sims VIP that are making this poll a waaaaay bigger deal than it really is. I think it's because these boards are so amazingly inbred and myopic that the people who hate this game and post 1000's of posts about it to the affirmation of their clique of friends here tend to think they represent the majority of players. When something presents a view counter to that the scrambling begins...
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Actually, most of the people who like the Sims 4 who've posted in this thread have been pretty quick to point out how meaningless this poll actually is. It's the people who hate the game and have been ragging all over Sims VIP that are making this poll a waaaaay bigger deal than it really is. I think it's because these boards are so amazingly inbred and myopic that the people who hate this game and post 1000's of posts about it to the affirmation of their clique of friends here tend to think they represent the majority of players. When something presents a view counter to that the scrambling begins...

Uh, no.

We obviously have not been reading the same thread. I've seen posts praising SimsVIP and bragging about the poll results.

Why are you stereotyping all of us?

There's no clique here, it's quite rude of you to make that accusation. We're not an exclusive group of people, we are individuals who are discussing this long time franchise and why we think it needs to be improved.

And no, when someone with a different viewpoint INSULTS us, that's when the scrambling begins. I've lost count of how many times I've been insulted for expressing my view in the game.
  • Options

I agree the point of meaningless of the poll, normally I prefer to follow more truthworth sites or even oficial posts before jump and take then serious as they where supposed to be if not was for a bad source.
  • Options

Actually I was making a generalization of the forum and what has been/will be happening here.

Since I don't "hate" the game but am merely very disappointed and want my play style recognized which group do I fit? The myopic or the inbred?
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    I'm surprised some unofficial poll has garnered this much of a response/discussion.

Mirroring what many have been saying for a while in this thread, this poll doesn't mean much. Shoot, I rarely think any poll means much considering most polls only take the opinion of a certain sample size and not the entire group of people it affects. This poll is no different, but then, I highly doubt this poll was really meant to be taken this seriously.
  • Options

Actually I was making a generalization of the forum and what has been/will be happening here.

Since I don't "hate" the game but am merely very disappointed and want my play style recognized which group do I fit? The myopic or the inbred?

Same. I wanna know too. I hate it when people are like "If you hate the game why are you here?"

I'm here because I like the CAS and I'm a longtime fan of the series.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member

Honey, it's none of these "sides." It's more like narcissistic peeps are posting for or against this poll because they have to be right all the time. I posted here because I pointed out that just because someone loves TS4 does not make it right to belittle or bash others. And that it goes on unnoticed. Oh, yea and I posted something related to the topic at hand. You have a lot of attitudes and narcissism going on in TS4 section and it comes from certain posters a lot of the time. Anyways, this isn't a serious poll to fume over, and it's not including most/all the simmers in the world; just a small percentage voting for which game is the best to them.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    Simsfan9911Simsfan9911 Posts: 155 Member
    Im actually quite surprised by the result, i wouldn't have said the sims 4 would be first. Not that that is a bad thing.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Every online website poll of this sort is biased by self-selection: who sees the poll, and who chooses to answer it. Unless a survey has been conducted with statistically valid methods, including matching for demographic info, it's just a game. This one says "People who happened across this poll and chose to answer it answered it like this." A poll here would say the same thing. Neither tells us anything about the opinions of all Sims game owners. (That would be complicated to develop a survey for - do you survey only people who have played all four games? Do you find that info out and then report multiple sets of results? Do you correct for demographics of game owners? Do you even have that info to correct for?)

That's why I said the proof is in the pudding and in all fairness TS3's base game out sold everybody even my beloved TS2 base game, in it's first week. So, popularity is in the money not the polling.

Hold up, no it didn't. The Sims 2 has sold 6 million on PC. The Sims 3 sold 3 million in the first 3 months, but considerably dropped after the feedback from gamers regarding performance, and it slumped. In total, The Sims 3 has sold 10 million on all platforms as of 2014. EA wouldn't give a PC only number, and so it's hard to know. But the Sims 2 sold 13 million on all platforms as of 2014, so it's safe to say the Sims 2 is the biggest seller, not 3.

Everyone acts like the Sims 3 was bigger than The Sims 1 and 2, but it really wasn't. It had very short lived success because of the feedback. I remember when the Sims 3 leaked and everyone called it a BETA because they assumed based on performance, and yet when the final came out, it was the exact same version number and played exactly the same, and thats where it became a mess.

Thank you Jack! It is amazing to me how these Sims 3 players keep trying to change history and are oblivious to facts.
    Cinebar is not a 'these Sims 3 players'. She's a passionate defender of Sims 1 and 2. You seem to be quite oblivious to this fact though, even when it was mentioned before when you were attacking 'the Sims 3 player'.

I was referring to all the Sims 3 players who keep trying to claim that Sims 3 outsold the others, i.e the example being the person Jack was responding to. You get rather bothered when someone is critical of Sims 3, so you are in no position to point fingers at me.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If something is your favorite then in your own mind it does mean it is better. Favorite to the individual means better or it wouldn't be favored. Think on it. It's a hidden subconscious thing, but if you favor something then to you it's better for some reason even if you don't realize what that reason is, or admit it. I presume the most answers (I have read) is because TS4 doesn't crash. That has been the number one answer on here most of the time. If a person posts what is in their mind first then that is their answer in reality. So, most people here first say they like TS4 'better' because it doesn't crash. Perhaps that is the reason people on this poll favored it more...because it doesn't crash. Not taking into account most people don't have a rig good enough for TS3 to start with in 2009.
    I don't quite agree with this. Sims 3 is my personal favourite Sims game, but that doesn't mean I think it's the best Sims game in general. I've seen too many people declare Sims 2 - in a very convincing way - is their favourite game, to claim that. Both games have a different approach and therefore some will prefer 2 and others will prefer 3. But no, calling a game your favourite definitely doesn't mean you think it's the best in general. Not for me.

At last week can agree on something.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Wow! Look at all the rudeness in this thread! I'm going to stay out of it. Bye bye!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif