Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll Result from Sims VIP of the best Sims game in the series

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Tweakwien wrote: »
    Hi scorbre, May I ask what's not ture?
    I just checked right now and from 1,16 2016 to today ts4 got almost 100,000 viewers when ts3 got less then 10,000 viewers.
    Oh not that, just that people that enjoy the Sims 2 and 3 stopped playing the Sims 4. I still enjoy it sometimes. I don't doubt your figures and found it insightful you pulled it up. It could have been a misunderstanding on my part. I haven't stopped playing any of the Sims games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Omg @Scobre what mod is that?!?! I need!
    This mod, I tried flavor 2 and wasn't able to put out the fire, so might be safer to try flavor 1: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569221 It is one of the patches I wasn't happy about was fires being nerfed, so I was happy to find that mod. The fire just got out of control with having a NPC. XD The sprinklers didn't even put it out.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Saying a game will last four years is talk because if I remember EA/Maxis said they was solidly behind SimCity and how long was the support for that game? Not too long. Another thing, things change over time. However, if by chance Sims 4 does last that long I hope to see features and not content that will make Sims 4 better because they was the same company that developed Sims 3 and also the reason for so much doubt. If Maxis was not involved with Sims 3 they would not have as much flak as they do now.
    But Sims 4 is no where near as bad as simcity and also they gave up a couple months after release and it's been a year with no reason to believe maxis would be cutting Sims 4 anytime soon since sales have been consistently good with more positive reviews with every new release.

As much as I loathe Sims 4 for what it isn't, it's clear it's done much better than has Sim City.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I have to admit that looks very much like a Sims 1 fire. Well done.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    I used to like SimsVIP for news but then they started sucking up to EA for freebies. I've even seen comments of them defending bugs.

When the interview with RF was released the staff were praising it saying they agreed with everything, and were aggressively combating the criticism in the comments section.

I hate singling people out, but I read one of the SimsVIP author's twitter and it WAS ALL PRAISE! This is insane. People like the game but do they have to be so aggressive? If I was a member of a site that bashed TS4 *cough* This ite for instance. *cough* I wouldn't spend all my comments moaning and groaning about the game, I would be respectful and point out things in the game I like (retail, CAS, SPs, etc.).

People tend not to bite the hand that feeds them.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Thank you. It was a fiery save and a blast to play.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Thank you. It was a fiery save and a blast to play.

LOVE that mod but forgot to download it, thanks for reminding me! Used It all the time in sims 3.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options

LOVE that mod but forgot to download it, thanks for reminding me! Used It all the time in sims 3.
    Your welcome. Have fun with it.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Tweakwien wrote: »
    well. it is not only mts site case even.
    On youtube things are almost similiar.
    If there are new 20 ts4's video is uploaded there are one or two ts3 videos are uploaded.

I think the newest game will always take the first spot in the number of Youtube videos uploaded.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I love how they vote The Sims 4 and then complain how bad it is, IMO I think people who voted for TS4 are either new-comers or either just vote The Sims 4 since they see the majority did. To be honest this is UNBELIEVABLE and if anything it is obviously The Sims 2 or 3.

Because if anyone likes the sims 4 they have to be new or riding the bandwagon?

You just can't wrap your head around the fact sims 4 is selling well and people actually enjoy it can you?
    I could easily tell you the same you are telling @Wulfsimmer "you just can't wrap your head around the fact that people don't like TS4 and it's a total flop".
    TS4 is obviously not selling as well as the other three games and not everyone likes it.

I'm not the one who's being RUDE going around sayimg the game is a flop whether you like it or not. I actually respect some people dislike it but according to wulfsimmer they don't care if you like it or not.

You just can't wrap your head around the fact sims 4 is selling well and people actually enjoy it can you?
    Define "respect"
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    I love how they vote The Sims 4 and then complain how bad it is, IMO I think people who voted for TS4 are either new-comers or either just vote The Sims 4 since they see the majority did. To be honest this is UNBELIEVABLE and if anything it is obviously The Sims 2 or 3.

Because if anyone likes the sims 4 they have to be new or riding the bandwagon?

K whatever you want to believe, I never said anything about sales and even if it did sell good (which it didn't) SALES DON'T MATTER! Game is a flop wether you like it or not

The game is NOT a flop. Just because you think so and like to attack anyone who even somewhat enjoys the game.

It is very rude of you to say that whether someone likes a game or not it's a flop because YOU said so.

It is not rude to say if a game is a flop, if someone hated on a game I like I wouldn't say he is rude because he gave his opinion, unlike someone.....

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

How can you just ignore the post above you and state that it is obviously Sims 2 or Sims 3. The poll is asking for your FAVORITE! How are you going to tell someone they are wrong about what they consider their favorite version.

Because The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 was better? At least for most of us

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Guys please stop attacking me on every opinion I make, for real. Each time I say I hate the game everyone should say I am trying to start a fight or I am a troll blah blah blah. Really, what is your problem? Just say it so I can know what is the thing bugging you about me hating The Sims 4, it is like something such a big deal of why I hate a game GOSH STOP ACTING LIKE KIDS!

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,033 Member

How can you just ignore the post above you and state that it is obviously Sims 2 or Sims 3. The poll is asking for your FAVORITE! How are you going to tell someone they are wrong about what they consider their favorite version.

And again. Favorite does not always equal better. I think you're purposely being dense. At least I hope so. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016

And again. Favorite does not always equal better. I think you're purposely being dense. At least I hope so. :)

I am talking about in general, The Sims 3 or 2 would be most voted but since Sims VIP community is baised and would vote for the latest game it doesn't mean it is better =)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

I am talking about in general, The Sims 3 or 2 would be most voted but since Sims VIP community is baised and would vote for the latest game it doesn't mean it is better =)

The question is not about best or better.
    The question clearly asks about the "Favorite" game.
    There is a big difference between those. Since you said the Sims VIP is a biased community then you should've expected TS4 to be the winner. I don't see any problem here, no matter which game was voted more.

I think whoever voted has voted genuinely and what they voted is really their favorite game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

There is a big difference between those. Since you said the Sims VIP is a biased community then you should've expected TS4 to be the winner. I don't see any problem here, no matter which game was voted more.

I think whoever voted has voted genuinely and what they voted is really their favorite game.

I don't care what the question said, when I commented I said how on earth The Sims 4 won because when someone says something is his/her favourite it means this thing is better/best no? So to me The Sims 3 or 2 should have won. Also who said I have a problem with the poll? I was just shocked

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I like SimsVip. It's like a breath of fresh air to read comments from people who actually enjoy the game and share what's happening in thier game. I also like the news and tutorials. Alexis puts a lot of work into that and I appreciate it.

I thought so too until I saw their staff members flame, harass and threaten to ban those who disliked the game.

Totally agree. It is one place if you express how you really feel - you will get reminded it is better to say nothing at all if you can't say something positive. So I don't even attempt to post there - just read the news and now ignore the comments period as I find them tainted - seriously.

Heh, now the forums are DEFINTELY NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL! :trollface:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

I don't care what the question said, when I commented I said how on earth The Sims 4 won because when someone says something is his/her favourite it means this thing is better/best no? So to me The Sims 3 or 2 should have won. Also who said I have a problem with the poll? I was just shocked

I don't think Best and favorite are the same thing.
    For example when I say The Shinning is my favorite movie it does not mean it is the best movie! Right? It can be favorite of mine due to many reasons, like nostalgia etc but definitely that does not necessarily mean it is the best movie.
    I did not say you have problem with the poll. I said I don't mind the results of the poll because it is about the favorite not the best.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2016

For example when I say The Shinning is my favorite movie it does not mean it is the best movie! Right? It can be favorite of mine due to many reasons, like nostalgia etc but definitely that does not necessarily mean it is the best movie.
    I did not say you have problem with the poll. I said I don't mind the results of the poll because it is about the favorite not the best.

But The Sims 4 isn't old for nostalgia, memories or anything right? So it is probably their favourite because to them it is the best
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

But The Sims 4 isn't old for nostalgie, memories or anything right? So it is probably their favourite because to them it is the best

The nostalgia example I gave was for the movie.
    There could be many reasons why TS4 is the favorite of someone. Someone can say it is his favorite because he can make the best looking sims, someone can say it is his favorite because of the graphics, someone else might say it is his favorite because it is the newest sims game. Others could be a combination of all this.

The reasons are different for every person. It could be more than one reason. When you say something is your favorite you have many reasons for it. I don't think the reasons has to do with "best"

When you say Honda is your favorite car maker it does not mean they are the best.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2016
    If something is your favorite then in your own mind it does mean it is better. Favorite to the individual means better or it wouldn't be favored. Think on it. It's a hidden subconscious thing, but if you favor something then to you it's better for some reason even if you don't realize what that reason is, or admit it. I presume the most answers (I have read) is because TS4 doesn't crash. That has been the number one answer on here most of the time. If a person posts what is in their mind first then that is their answer in reality. So, most people here first say they like TS4 'better' because it doesn't crash. Perhaps that is the reason people on this poll favored it more...because it doesn't crash. Not taking into account most people don't have a rig good enough for TS3 to start with in 2009.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If something is your favorite then in your own mind it does mean it is better. Favorite to the individual means better or it wouldn't be favored. Think on it. It's a hidden subconscious thing, but if you favor something then to you it's better for some reason even if you don't realize what that reason is, or admit it. I presume the most answers (I have read) is because TS4 doesn't crash. That has been the number one answer on here most of the time. If a person posts what is in their mind first then that is their answer in reality. So, most people here first say they like TS4 'better' because it doesn't crash. Perhaps that is the reason people on this poll favored it more...because it doesn't crash. Not taking into account most people don't have a rig good enough for TS3 to start with in 2009.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTOOD ME! Thank you my friend

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,033 Member
    edited January 2016
    I think Mercedes makes the best cars but since it's out of my price range my favorite is Toyota.

ETA: The Sims 4 is my favorite but I think the Sims 2 is the best. To date.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTOOD ME! Thank you my friend

You are welcome and I concur.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.