Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll Result from Sims VIP of the best Sims game in the series

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited January 2016
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Saying a game will last four years is talk because if I remember EA/Maxis said they was solidly behind SimCity and how long was the support for that game? Not too long. Another thing, things change over time. However, if by chance Sims 4 does last that long I hope to see features and not content that will make Sims 4 better because they was the same company that developed Sims 3 and also the reason for so much doubt. If Maxis was not involved with Sims 3 they would not have as much flak as they do now.
    But Sims 4 is no where near as bad as simcity and also they gave up a couple months after release and it's been a year with no reason to believe maxis would be cutting Sims 4 anytime soon since sales have been consistently good with more positive reviews with every new release.
    No, you are correct Sims 4 is not as bad as SimCity but what I was pointing out what was said by EA/Maxis in regard to SimCity and as said things change over time meaning the original thought was four years but times change as well as one mind. Today Sims 4 may be well thought of but that is not promised tomorrow. I myself wish to see Sims 4 improve not just with content but real good features as well. However looking back at SimCity EA/Maxis could have improved on that project by standing behind it for SimCity was another popular series and also the oldest series/franchise and what EA/Maxis did to that series shown some people how well EA/Maxis stand behind their products. Also, they tried to smack down Sims 3 a product they made and what makes one think they will not smack this one down when all is said and done and it is not like a third party built Sims 3. A company gets better support from it's customers when they stand behind their product even if it is not doing so well using Activision/Blizzard for example When D3 debuted it caught a lot of flack and looked like doomsday for D3, Activision stood behind their product and made changes that was possible and now D3 is back on track and still growing and that made Activision very happy. Sims 4 IMHO has a lot of controversies but it still can reach whatever potential if it has the right mixture and IMHO it does not and it will be just okay in it's current state. IMHO if Sims 5 does debut it may not carry on all of Sims 4 attributes and Sims 4 does have some good attributes and also some bad ones as well, it will carry attributes from each version and EA/Maxis will not make the same mistakes. All of the games in the Sims series has special meaning to me.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I love how they vote The Sims 4 and then complain how bad it is, IMO I think people who voted for TS4 are either new-comers or either just vote The Sims 4 since they see the majority did. To be honest this is UNBELIEVABLE and if anything it is obviously The Sims 2 or 3.

Because if anyone likes the sims 4 they have to be new or riding the bandwagon?

You just can't wrap your head around the fact sims 4 is selling well and people actually enjoy it can you?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I love how they vote The Sims 4 and then complain how bad it is, IMO I think people who voted for TS4 are either new-comers or either just vote The Sims 4 since they see the majority did. To be honest this is UNBELIEVABLE and if anything it is obviously The Sims 2 or 3.

You just can't wrap your head around the fact sims 4 is selling well and people actually enjoy it can you?

Some people like it and others don't and I don't think it matters if they are new or longtime players....but the supposition that it's selling well is both subjective and speculative.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member

K whatever you want to believe, I never said anything about sales and even if it did sell good (which it didn't) SALES DON'T MATTER! Game is a flop wether you like it or not
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,447 Member

Some people like it and others don't and I don't think it matters if they are new or longtime players....but the supposition that it's selling well is both subjective and speculative.

Why don't you think that it is selling well? Germany is the second biggest market for TS and I am almost every week in one of the big electro markets here that publish Top 10 charts for PC games. Since September 2014 the base game has not left the Top 10 for one single week. Currently the base game is #2 and Get Together #3. Even GTA V and Fallout can only dream of such longevity. Maybe TS4 is not quite a success like TS1 or 2, but it is obviously still the bestselling PC game.

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member

Why don't you think that it is selling well? Germany is the second biggest market for TS and I am almost every week in one of the big electro markets here that publish Top 10 charts for PC games. Since September 2014 the base game has not left the Top 10 for one single week. Currently the base game is #2 and Get Together #3. Even GTA V and Fallout can only dream of such longevity. Maybe TS4 is not quite a success like TS1 or 2, but it is obviously still the bestselling PC game.

During Sims 3 times I wished the game wont sell good so that EA stops investing in it more and start a new one, but that did not happen. It was a wish that did not come true. The game continued its life cycle normally.

Now there are players who don't like TS4 and wish the same thing, but again I think the game will continue its life cycle normally.

I'm glad to hear that TS4 has been in the Top 10 all the time in Germany. I hope this gives EA more encouragement to push the envelope further so the game will get better and gain more fans, new or old time ones who did not like it initially.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2016

Germany is also their biggest market for those players who love to build. EA has said so in an article somewhere concerning this series (particularly TS3 and TS4). So, it may be it's a big seller there because of the builders guild they have for this game. I think a lot of that online activity isn't people playing but sharing what they build and or uploading Sims. There are new players who can't build and don't want to build and the gallery is the best place for them to find houses they want. I think the gallery is a hit, I'm just not sure the actual game is a hit. I think when you ask people what is it they like about TS4 the best it is always CAS and Build Mode the numbers are rare to say 'gameplay'. To me build mode and CAS are not considered 'playing' just creating. So, I think the creative side of TS4 in building and CAS tugging and pulling is a bigger hit than actual gameplay. ETA: I'm not surprised if GT sold better than the base game or the GTW because after a year and four months I wouldn't be surprised if people aren't sick of the same three towns by now. Of course they would jump on a new 'world'. If nothing else.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I could easily tell you the same you are telling @Wulfsimmer "you just can't wrap your head around the fact that people don't like TS4 and it's a total flop".
    TS4 is obviously not selling as well as the other three games and not everyone likes it.

I'm not the one who's being RUDE going around sayimg the game is a flop whether you like it or not. I actually respect some people dislike it but according to wulfsimmer they don't care if you like it or not.
  • Options

K whatever you want to believe, I never said anything about sales and even if it did sell good (which it didn't) SALES DON'T MATTER! Game is a flop wether you like it or not

The game is NOT a flop. Just because you think so and like to attack anyone who even somewhat enjoys the game.

It is very rude of you to say that whether someone likes a game or not it's a flop because YOU said so.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I could easily tell you the same you are telling @Wulfsimmer "you just can't wrap your head around the fact that people don't like TS4 and it's a total flop".
    TS4 is obviously not selling as well as the other three games and not everyone likes it.

I'm not the one who's being RUDE going around sayimg the game is a flop whether you like it or not. I actually respect some people dislike it but according to wulfsimmer they don't care if you like it or not.

A flop is in the eye of the beholder. To me it's severely lacking but not quite a flop, since I spent the last year playing it. lol However, I would guess it's not as rich as TS3 or TS2 was. TS3's rich bank account was mainly due to milking Simmers in the TS3 store (which they took that money and applied to TitanFall instead of TS4) but I think TS4's bank account may be a little above TSM's and why you are still getting some content but it seems slim pickings over the last year. By this time in TS3 there were zillion of things to buy and download. So, that tells me this game either hoards the money (*if it is making as much) and or they aren't making enough to do anything spectacular with it. Either way, it means tiny budget and tiny ideas.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Where in my post did I say it was/wasn't selling well?

What I said was that the number of copies sold was both speculative (which means guessing rather than fact) and subjective (which means an opinion rather than a fact). EA/Maxis hasn't released sales figures for the game.

We can look at sites and see what various retail outlets have sold but that doesn't include the number of copies sold through Origin, how many copies have been returned or how many have been uninstalled with no plans for future additional purchases. So while some sites can release the amount of copies they might have sold no one but EA/Maxis knows the actual number.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    A flop is different in business. Say I project I am going to make $10,000 (lol EA makes billions) and I then realize before hand that number is going to be much lower. I go in and juggle my projection to say I'm going to make $5,000 (something that is done everyday to make companies look better) then I make $8,000. I can then say without out right lying my sales were 'strong' because Joe Public didn't know I didn't make the $10,000 I had originally projected and would have made the investors rip me to shreds. See, flop isn't a business term. lol
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    The results show that The Sims 4 is the most favorite game in the series followed by Sims 3 then Sims 2 and last is Sims 1.
    What do you think?

poll.png

simsvip.com/2016/01/18/site-news-poll-results-new-poll-january-18th-2016/

Lol, that doesn't say anything, the amount of people who go on that site are going to be partial to Sims 4 because its a CURRENT sims site. People who don't like Sims 4 aren't really going to visit that site as much for obvious reasons, therefore it makes sense that most of the people who are taking the poll are sims 4 fans. Its like asking people on a puppy website if they like puppies, they will say yes because if they didn't they wouldn't be on that site.

This poll honestly doesn't say much of anything other than that the people who frequent SimsVIP are mostly Sims 4 fans, which makes sense since its a Sims 4 page (since thats the current game).
  • Options
    Schantal wrote: »
    The results show that The Sims 4 is the most favorite game in the series followed by Sims 3 then Sims 2 and last is Sims 1.
    What do you think?

poll.png

simsvip.com/2016/01/18/site-news-poll-results-new-poll-january-18th-2016/

Lol, that doesn't say anything, the amount of people who go on that site are going to be partial to Sims 4 because its a CURRENT sims site. People who don't like Sims 4 aren't really going to visit that site as much for obvious reasons, therefore it makes sense that most of the people who are taking the poll are sims 4 fans. Its like asking people on a puppy website if they like puppies, they will say yes because if they didn't they wouldn't be on that site.

This poll honestly doesn't say much of anything other than that the people who frequent SimsVIP are mostly Sims 4 fans, which makes sense since its a Sims 4 page (since thats the current game).

What is more telling is out of 20,000 it couldn't get half the vote, just barely got almost close to half the vote. That says more than anything to me. A site for TS4 about TS4, and people who play TS4 hang there. And TS4 got less than half the vote.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Things would be so much simpler (and this isn't aimed at any one particular person, and admittedly I still have my moments) if we could all accept that there are people with a differing view point to our own, as in some people hate it and some people love it (like marmite) and stopped debating it and trying to convince others that their view point is wrong. It isn't that hard to do.

When all is said and done, it is a poll done for page filler on a fan site for The Sims 4. They asked favourite, not best. It's a no brainer as to what's going to be voted people's favourites.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Arletta wrote: »
    Things would be so much simpler (and this isn't aimed at any one particular person, and admittedly I still have my moments) if we could all accept that there are people with a differing view point to our own, as in some people hate it and some people love it (like marmite) and stopped debating it and trying to convince others that their view point is wrong. It isn't that hard to do.

When all is said and done, it is a poll done for page filler on a fan site for The Sims 4. They asked favourite, not best. It's a no brainer as to what's going to be voted people's favourites.

Then why bother with a poll like that? Why not do a poll about what's your favorite EP idea? Or what was your favorite Sim in which game? Those would seem more fun than for a TS4 site to ask those who are TS4 players who truly love it what their favorite game is. That's sort of like cheerleading don't you think? What's your favorite team, cheerleaders?!! "Bears!!" lol ETA: Pep rally...mascot come out ask 'Cheerleaders who is your favorite team?' Let's hear it!!! Bears!!! ROFL
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I think that because the gallery was added in, people were much more inclined to begin creating since it's much easier and more streamlined to share things. I can imagine that that's why the player count can be higher.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I think that because the gallery was added in, people were much more inclined to begin creating since it's much easier and more streamlined to share things. I can imagine that that's why the player count can be higher.

I think so, too. It's much easier just to upload to the gallery from within the game and not even save to the library because it will do that automatically. It's much simpler than opening TS3's launcher if you bypassed the launcher to start up the game to play or start building. It's just one click as you finish the house in TS4.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    The order of the poll goes from 4 to 1. It's clear that people are voting for the franchise freshest on their mind. No conspiracy theories needed. Simsvip is a fan site dedicated to getting the latest information on the Sims games. When the Sims 3 was out it posted the information on that. No disrespect but I'm not really sure where the "biased theory" comes into it?

Me? I love the sims 4 but I voted for Sims 2, just for the impact it had to me. In comparison to the Sims game which had 7/8 EPS there was still no competition in my eyes. Sims 2 was bigger and better and there was no looking back. With The Sims 3 and 4 it was still easy to retroactively look back and prefer it's predecessor....
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,233 Member

How can you just ignore the post above you and state that it is obviously Sims 2 or Sims 3. The poll is asking for your FAVORITE! How are you going to tell someone they are wrong about what they consider their favorite version.
  • Options
    chickenow wrote: »
    The order of the poll goes from 4 to 1. It's clear that people are voting for the franchise freshest on their mind. No conspiracy theories needed. Simsvip is a fan site dedicated to getting the latest information on the Sims games. When the Sims 3 was out it posted the information on that. No disrespect but I'm not really sure where the "biased theory" comes into it?

Me? I love the sims 4 but I voted for Sims 2, just for the impact it had to me. In comparison to the Sims game which had 7/8 EPS there was still no competition in my eyes. Sims 2 was bigger and better and there was no looking back. With The Sims 3 and 4 it was still easy to retroactively look back and prefer it's predecessor....

I think some do believe it's not reported with the good and the bad. I don't know, I don't visit that site. I do know other sites may comment on what was not included and why it should have and why it's important. This one just seems to be an big ad extension of EA. But maybe it's not.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited January 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »

Then why bother with a poll like that? Why not do a poll about what's your favorite EP idea? Or what was your favorite Sim in which game? Those would seem more fun than for a TS4 site to ask those who are TS4 players who truly love it what their favorite game is. That's sort of like cheerleading don't you think? What's your favorite team, cheerleaders?!! "Bears!!" lol ETA: Pep rally...mascot come out ask 'Cheerleaders who is your favorite team?' Let's hear it!!! Bears!!! ROFL

They do a poll every month or so. They've done polls based on favourite EP idea, which EP you want in the future, how many stars you'd rate the base game (and various packs) and a lot more besides. There's only so many questions you can ask, based on the latest game series. I don't anything more nefarious was meant.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,233 Member
    I like SimsVip. It's like a breath of fresh air to read comments from people who actually enjoy the game and share what's happening in thier game. I also like the news and tutorials. Alexis puts a lot of work into that and I appreciate it.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

They do a poll every month or so. They've done polls based on favourite EP idea, which EP you want in the future, how many stars you'd rate the base game (and various packs) and a lot more besides. There's only so many questions you can ask, based on the latest game series. I don't anything more nefarious was meant.
    And how many of those polls reached this forum?
    5JZ57S6.png