Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll Result from Sims VIP of the best Sims game in the series

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think Mercedes makes the best cars but since it's out of my price range my favorite is Toyota.

Then this would show those who didn't get into TS3 (such as me, not all that much) at the time couldn't afford a rig that could play it where it didn't cause me some problems (but not many in my case) where I could see what else was in the game if I was dealing with problems. To me TS4 is on that same level right now. I have a good rig, good enough for TS4 however, it's bugs out weigh it's worth. And I would assume those who ran out and got TS3 may have experienced error 12 and all sorts of things then some lack luster Sim AI, and that was enough for them to despise it. Because they never got to experience how it was improved with Generations (but shouldn't have needed Generations to start with) and why they may think TS3 was the worst. It also has some fine attributes but can't be found out if a person can't play since they can't afford a better rig to find out. TS3 was never meant for laptops.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Arletta wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Things would be so much simpler (and this isn't aimed at any one particular person, and admittedly I still have my moments) if we could all accept that there are people with a differing view point to our own, as in some people hate it and some people love it (like marmite) and stopped debating it and trying to convince others that their view point is wrong. It isn't that hard to do.

When all is said and done, it is a poll done for page filler on a fan site for The Sims 4. They asked favourite, not best. It's a no brainer as to what's going to be voted people's favourites.

Then why bother with a poll like that? Why not do a poll about what's your favorite EP idea? Or what was your favorite Sim in which game? Those would seem more fun than for a TS4 site to ask those who are TS4 players who truly love it what their favorite game is. That's sort of like cheerleading don't you think? What's your favorite team, cheerleaders?!! "Bears!!" lol ETA: Pep rally...mascot come out ask 'Cheerleaders who is your favorite team?' Let's hear it!!! Bears!!! ROFL

They do a poll every month or so. They've done polls based on favourite EP idea, which EP you want in the future, how many stars you'd rate the base game (and various packs) and a lot more besides. There's only so many questions you can ask, based on the latest game series. I don't anything more nefarious was meant.
    And how many of those polls reached this forum?

Does it matter? It wouldn't be any less a self-selected group of people, and probably not even a much larger one (they post their poll links on Twitter, which typically reaches more people than any single-product web forum will, simply because of the nature of the medium). And in any case, no single-question web poll is accurate; that's not statistically possible. They're just for fun. They don't matter.
    It matters in terms of giving this particular poll a sense of significance. When it stays on the site where it was posted, it's 'just another SimsVIP poll'. When the other polls would also be shared here, it would also be 'just another SimsVIP poll'. But when you drag this one particular poll to the general Sims forums and leave the others there, it's not 'just another poll' anymore. Like I say, you give it a - false - sense of objective significance.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Mendota wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Every online website poll of this sort is biased by self-selection: who sees the poll, and who chooses to answer it. Unless a survey has been conducted with statistically valid methods, including matching for demographic info, it's just a game. This one says "People who happened across this poll and chose to answer it answered it like this." A poll here would say the same thing. Neither tells us anything about the opinions of all Sims game owners. (That would be complicated to develop a survey for - do you survey only people who have played all four games? Do you find that info out and then report multiple sets of results? Do you correct for demographics of game owners? Do you even have that info to correct for?)

That's why I said the proof is in the pudding and in all fairness TS3's base game out sold everybody even my beloved TS2 base game, in it's first week. So, popularity is in the money not the polling.

Hold up, no it didn't. The Sims 2 has sold 6 million on PC. The Sims 3 sold 3 million in the first 3 months, but considerably dropped after the feedback from gamers regarding performance, and it slumped. In total, The Sims 3 has sold 10 million on all platforms as of 2014. EA wouldn't give a PC only number, and so it's hard to know. But the Sims 2 sold 13 million on all platforms as of 2014, so it's safe to say the Sims 2 is the biggest seller, not 3.

Everyone acts like the Sims 3 was bigger than The Sims 1 and 2, but it really wasn't. It had very short lived success because of the feedback. I remember when the Sims 3 leaked and everyone called it a BETA because they assumed based on performance, and yet when the final came out, it was the exact same version number and played exactly the same, and thats where it became a mess.

Thank you Jack! It is amazing to me how these Sims 3 players keep trying to change history and are oblivious to facts.
    Cinebar is not a 'these Sims 3 players'. She's a passionate defender of Sims 1 and 2. You seem to be quite oblivious to this fact though, even when it was mentioned before when you were attacking 'the Sims 3 player'.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Things would be so much simpler (and this isn't aimed at any one particular person, and admittedly I still have my moments) if we could all accept that there are people with a differing view point to our own, as in some people hate it and some people love it (like marmite) and stopped debating it and trying to convince others that their view point is wrong. It isn't that hard to do.

When all is said and done, it is a poll done for page filler on a fan site for The Sims 4. They asked favourite, not best. It's a no brainer as to what's going to be voted people's favourites.

Then why bother with a poll like that? Why not do a poll about what's your favorite EP idea? Or what was your favorite Sim in which game? Those would seem more fun than for a TS4 site to ask those who are TS4 players who truly love it what their favorite game is. That's sort of like cheerleading don't you think? What's your favorite team, cheerleaders?!! "Bears!!" lol ETA: Pep rally...mascot come out ask 'Cheerleaders who is your favorite team?' Let's hear it!!! Bears!!! ROFL

They do a poll every month or so. They've done polls based on favourite EP idea, which EP you want in the future, how many stars you'd rate the base game (and various packs) and a lot more besides. There's only so many questions you can ask, based on the latest game series. I don't anything more nefarious was meant.
    And how many of those polls reached this forum?

Does it matter? It wouldn't be any less a self-selected group of people, and probably not even a much larger one (they post their poll links on Twitter, which typically reaches more people than any single-product web forum will, simply because of the nature of the medium). And in any case, no single-question web poll is accurate; that's not statistically possible. They're just for fun. They don't matter.
    It matters in terms of giving this particular poll a sense of significance. When it stays on the site where it was posted, it's 'just another SimsVIP poll'. When the other polls would also be shared here, it would also be 'just another SimsVIP poll'. But when you drag this one particular poll to the general Sims forums and leave the others there, it's not 'just another poll' anymore. Like I say, you give it a - false - sense of objective significance.

Yep....when outside polls get dragged here to the forum it's usually because someone wants to validate their opinion.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    If something is your favorite then in your own mind it does mean it is better. Favorite to the individual means better or it wouldn't be favored. Think on it. It's a hidden subconscious thing, but if you favor something then to you it's better for some reason even if you don't realize what that reason is, or admit it. I presume the most answers (I have read) is because TS4 doesn't crash. That has been the number one answer on here most of the time. If a person posts what is in their mind first then that is their answer in reality. So, most people here first say they like TS4 'better' because it doesn't crash. Perhaps that is the reason people on this poll favored it more...because it doesn't crash. Not taking into account most people don't have a rig good enough for TS3 to start with in 2009.
    I don't quite agree with this. Sims 3 is my personal favourite Sims game, but that doesn't mean I think it's the best Sims game in general. I've seen too many people declare Sims 2 - in a very convincing way - is their favourite game, to claim that. Both games have a different approach and therefore some will prefer 2 and others will prefer 3. But no, calling a game your favourite definitely doesn't mean you think it's the best in general. Not for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,033 Member
    Every online website poll of this sort is biased by self-selection: who sees the poll, and who chooses to answer it. Unless a survey has been conducted with statistically valid methods, including matching for demographic info, it's just a game. This one says "People who happened across this poll and chose to answer it answered it like this." A poll here would say the same thing. Neither tells us anything about the opinions of all Sims game owners. (That would be complicated to develop a survey for - do you survey only people who have played all four games? Do you find that info out and then report multiple sets of results? Do you correct for demographics of game owners? Do you even have that info to correct for?)

That's why I said the proof is in the pudding and in all fairness TS3's base game out sold everybody even my beloved TS2 base game, in it's first week. So, popularity is in the money not the polling.

Hold up, no it didn't. The Sims 2 has sold 6 million on PC. The Sims 3 sold 3 million in the first 3 months, but considerably dropped after the feedback from gamers regarding performance, and it slumped. In total, The Sims 3 has sold 10 million on all platforms as of 2014. EA wouldn't give a PC only number, and so it's hard to know. But the Sims 2 sold 13 million on all platforms as of 2014, so it's safe to say the Sims 2 is the biggest seller, not 3.

Everyone acts like the Sims 3 was bigger than The Sims 1 and 2, but it really wasn't. It had very short lived success because of the feedback. I remember when the Sims 3 leaked and everyone called it a BETA because they assumed based on performance, and yet when the final came out, it was the exact same version number and played exactly the same, and thats where it became a mess.

Thank you Jack! It is amazing to me how these Sims 3 players keep trying to change history and are oblivious to facts.

Could you be anymore condescending?

How would you feel if I said: "It's amazing to me on how TS4 players could enjoy such a crappy game, they are oblivious to quality."

Lol it's already been said. Many times. :p
  • Options

How would you feel if I said: "It's amazing to me on how TS4 players could enjoy such a crappy game, they are oblivious to quality."
    Mendota likes to expand 'Sims 3 bashing' to 'Sims 3 player bashing' (and gets a lot of likes for it, probably from the same people who consider Sims 4 criticism 'rude'). In this case it should have been 'these Sims 2 players' though. But Sims 2 bashing is less popular.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

It doesn't make it right.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,033 Member

You're right. But the poster sounded as if it has never happened on this forum.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    But Sims 2 bashing is less popular.

I bash TS2 all the time :p The game doesn't hold a candle to TS4 if you ask me.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    How come when a person, who loves TS4, says something rude, nobody bats an eye except those who are disappointed with this game? And how come those, who love the sims 4 but break forum rules, are the rare ones to get banned? Rudeness is rudeness no matter how many ways you slice it.

Anyways, yea, I've been lurking, so what? These poll results should be taken with a grain of salt. Of course TS4 would get voted more times than the previous games because of the site that it's on. Yes, SimsVIP delivers sims news, but it's mainly catering to TS4 since it's the current game. Plus, there have been rumors, and I've seen evidence, of certain players not feeling welcomed there.

If all simmers from all around the world were to vote, including Will Wright, on their favorite/best sims game, the numbers would be different. There's still millions of simmers to go. A few thousand is nothing to bat an eye at.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member

You're right. But the poster sounded as if it has never happened on this forum.

Of course it's happened. I never said it hadn't. I've just never seen a comment directed at that user that resembled it. I've seen him insult us "haters" so many times.
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    PandaORose wrote: »
    How come when a person, who loves TS4, says something rude, nobody bats an eye except those who are disappointed with this game? And how come those, who love the sims 4 but break forum rules, are the rare ones to get banned? Rudeness is rudeness no matter how many ways you slice it.

Anyways, yea, I've been lurking, so what? These poll results should be taken with a grain of salt. Of course TS4 would get voted more times than the previous games because of the site that it's on. Yes, SimsVIP delivers sims news, but it's mainly catering to TS4 since it's the current game. Plus, there have been rumors, and I've seen evidence, of certain players not feeling welcomed there.

If all simmers from all around the world were to vote, including Will Wright, on their favorite/best sims game, the numbers would be different. There's still millions of simmers to go. A few thousand is nothing to bat an eye at.

I've seen someone call a sims 4 hater a "🐸🐸🐸🐸" and they weren't even put in jail. :(
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @PandaORose some of us report it all. Not that it changes anything around here :(
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited January 2016
    The results show that The Sims 4 is the most favorite game in the series followed by Sims 3 then Sims 2 and last is Sims 1.
    What do you think?

poll.png

simsvip.com/2016/01/18/site-news-poll-results-new-poll-january-18th-2016/

ok 2 things to say:

1 - I don't believe in sites which don't allow criticism and bann users if they don't talk nice about the game, this speak louds about "credibility of the site", and the level of immaturity or lack of profissionalism they had, then is hard to use then as source of something for me, if the site can't proper support the game and fans taking both good and bad sides then is not a good place and looks just a "way for the company promote they bad games".

2 - this is really weird when the second most voted is sim 3 and not sims 2 since a big majority of the users here say which the sims 2 was the best sim game ever then I can't really take that site or polls from him serious when things really looks like a bad joke and not really professional and truthworty place.

If the site strong support the sims 4 and don't allow any criticism toward the same it's obvious which on that site sims 4 will be the most voted when for what i get here sims 2 was supposed to be the most voted.

Sites where only peoples which talk good can be allowed to talk never are a good place to take serious, you must really doubt of then.

Then for me the poll on that site is pointless and only show "how sold the site is toward EA /xis.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    this is really weird when the second most voted is sim 3 and not sims 2 since a big majority of the users here say which the sims 2 was the best sim game ever

You're confusing vocal minority for big majority :D
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    this is really weird when the second most voted is sim 3 and not sims 2 since a big majority of the users here say which the sims 2 was the best sim game ever

you can proof??? source please???
  • Options

You should be the one who provides us with proof :D Can you even find 100 unique users on this forum who claim TS2 is the best Sims game ever? That doesn't even account the that 100 users nowhere constitute a majority on this forum.

You only get the impression that most people think TS2 is the best game because the same dozens or so people are posting over and over again. They are the definition of a vocal minority.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options

I wasn't asking you. Nobody was.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

I wasn't asking you. Nobody was.

I don't need anyone to ask me first to say anything :D
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016

You should be the one who provides us with proof :D Can you even find 100 unique users on this forum who claim TS2 is the best Sims game ever? That doesn't even account the that 100 users nowhere constitute a majority on this forum.

You only get the impression that most people think TS2 is the best game because the same dozens or so people are posting over and over again. They are the definition of a vocal minority.
    Funny, I thought we were discussing favourite game. Was that a slip of the tongue?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

Funny, I thought we were discussing favourite game. Was that a slip of the tongue?

That's Ellessarr's choice of words, not mine :p
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options

after read some of your posts well i don't know i'm wasting time with you cya.
  • Options

after read some of your posts well i don't know i'm wasting time with you cya.

Translation: I can't prove anything so I give up ;)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png