Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why All Sims Are The Same

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    there's no rebel trait to get my teenagers to actually act like teenagers...there's nothing.

Ooh, rebel trait! I like that one.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Anyway, a lot of people have been making their own custom traits to try and make Sims a little more...unique, but it doesn't work. It DOES frustrate me that all Sims are, essentially, the same. There's no hydrophobic trait to make them not like the water, there's no rebel trait to get my teenagers to actually act like teenagers...there's nothing. It relies incredibly heavily on the player's ability to make up their own stories with no goading or guidance. I love my Sims and sometimes, I'll get really attached to a family I've made, but once I hit the second generation, I end up stopping because there isn't really anything to differentiate one generation from the other. There are always adults that always act the same way with children that all act the same and do the same things and it's...exhausting having so much "same-ness".

Plus, there's supposedly a hidden left-handed/right-handed trait? Yeah, in all of the time I have played TS4, my Sims have been very CHOOSY about what kind of handed they are. When making a logical painting, they're suddenly left-handed. When eating, they're right-handed. Even the tiny thing that I thought gave Sims that little quirk of individuality doesn't work right. IT'S DEPRESSING.

ETA: I remember when, before the game came out, there was a lot of talk of Sims gaining traits depending on the things you made them do in their childhood and that still sounds like the COOLEST THING IN THE WORLD. Unfortunately, I guess what they meant was the current Lifetime Goal Whatever system, but gosh, wouldn't it be cool if your Sim gained a fear of electrical devices because they were shocked by one as a kid? Or they grow up to be shy because they didn't socialize much? What if they became serial romantics from flirting with so many Sims in high school? P O T E N T I A L !
    in the beginning of 2015 i tested the options with user created traits, with Zerbu's tool
    i tested several traits made by other users as well as looked how traits can be made by me
    & as i saw that there is little to define traits, then i've just given up

despite everything else that i miss are those traits the most frustrating thing for me in TS4
    not only that those traits are not better than in the previous games, they are just simply worse
    as long as nothing changes about those traits i doubt it very much that i'll be playing TS4 ever again :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    edited January 2016
    I think that traits should be like "extra things", they should have an actual personality system by points similar to TS2 and tune the traits to be more specific and make the sims more unique personality wise. The current sims are just superficial, they look great but all act the same. The game has potential and I'm really hoping they fix the game.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I think that traits should be like "extra things", they should have an actual personality system by points similar to TS2 and tune the traits to be more specific and make the sims more unique personality wise. The current sims are just superficial, they look great but all act the same. The game has potential and I'm really hoping they fix the game.
    I agree, I think that would be a great combination for the game. And I regret the emotions are spoiling everything for their uniqueness.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    I wish some of you had played TSM and if you could see the Sims in it without worry about the quests then you would realize that AI was greatly improved as far as the player understands it. And they have wonderful emotions more so than TS2 (dare I say it?) and or TS3 or TS4. And they didn't need those annoying reminders on the avatars. It's a shame that game had a great AI and very emotional (on their faces and not cartoony expressions) that so many missed how good those Sims were in a very linear/goal driven game. It's really sad, actually.
    I agree with you I played the sims medieval and for my experience is by far the most "complext sim game" I played and much less bugged, i think the magic worked perfect cuz the tiny world the game have helped a lot avoid a lot of problems, but really the AI is much more well writed in sims mediteval than sims 3, again i didin't play the sims 2 but so far is really very well, each sim really is different all the jobs are done autonomous in the right way, no rabbitholes, if you make a blacksmith npc then play with the king the blacksmith will work on his shop, really was a very well polished AI the only problem was which the fans don't really proper give a chance for the game improve.

from all 3 sims games I played no doubts the sims medieval was the only one which i really don't needed any mod to make the game work perfect, he did it, the only problem again is which maxis have a strange problem of "trade offs", they can't proper offer a full good game, or the game aways will be about "making something bad in favor of making something good.
    @AceofSpades2231 Thanks, glad you liked my idea! @bekkasan actually did tag Drake on my behalf. :blush:

I love your idea actually, and I think they complement each other perfectly. Excellent way to add another layer of uniqueness - and therefore re-playability - to this game. I'm all for it. Also your sig made me lol.

@SimGuruDrake I'm not sure if you've had a look at this thread but there are some cool ideas and also I think a couple of points that could use confirmation; chiefly, what the game takes into consideration when deciding sim behaviours. I don't know if you have any data on that but I would love to hear it from the source! Is @Ellesar correct in assuming this is the current priority level?

1 - object attraction
    2 - emotion
    3 - skill
    4 - generic AI
    5 - trait

Thanks in advance! <3
    well is a little more complicated than this because you also have "role/actor system", where some sims are assigned to do specific actions, like joggers, like pass by and others functions, but somehow is more like what I told, when a sim is going to choose a action, that action will be based somehow on that facts in almost that order.

Traits which are only really strong are the ones which work around emotions, like hotheaded or creative, but they strengt is more about "make your sim go more often" in a specif emotion, then when he enter in that emotion his actions start to be more "moved by the emotions.

the system for what I get is something like that:
    Don lotário:
    he aweken from his sleep then you let him alone:
    if any need is too low he will choose to fill it like if hunger is too low he gonna make food or eat food if already exist
    or if his blader is too low he gonna pee, then after this the game will check what the sim have in his house, each interactive object have a "height" the game will roll a number which is influenced by object "attraction strengt" objects with strong attraction like computer or bars normally are choosing more often, the as the sim start to rise a skill from that object, that skill will help increase the npc desire to use that object more often, this means which the more high "video game skill become" more the sim will like to play game, if the sim have a emotion related trait like genious then the sim can become focused, that trait also will rise the sim desire to use "focused objects" more often, this is what lead to sims to "play games all the day" the more they play the more they want to play, well like dru gs...

Traits have influence more like "cosmetics or secondary roles" like a sim with neat trait will be forced to clean more often if the house is dirt the clumsy add fail animations to some actions, the AI system lack a more deep means like in skyrim, skyrim AI is 10 times more complex than sims AI and skyrim is a medieval RPG but what you do in sims you can almost do in skyrim, what the game lack is someone to go nuts and start to add more actions(with animations) and the game could be the almight perfect life simulator ever, cuz the AI in skyrim was well worked in a really good way, lots of details but while bethesda make a very good system which can be moded to make awesome AIs, they don't used it too much in game then the "base game have a average ai" but with the propers mods you can make a very complex AI and make cities even much realistic not only by having many npcs but they doing things completely "more realistic than what you can get in the sims.

Maxis really need to rewrite a completely new AI system from the scratch, for the next sim game not get what they are having and just do some changes, again many others games already are doing what is doing and in some cases even better and they not are "life simulator" they just want a "realistic game" where npcs where more than just "peoples walking around" and that is where maxis is really loosing they sight.

You make sound arguments to support your side of things.

More like making things up to support his argument ;)

@Ellessarr
    Why don't you buckle down and get a look at the Python code ? If you have some programming knowledge, Python isn't hard to understand. Now the autonomy and AI part is actually complex so it may not be the best part for a start, but there's plenty of other things you can take a look at.

So I am learning to code a bit and wanted to know how to access the files to take a look at them to see if I understand them. Where do I find the game files? nothing in the sims 4 file seems to contain the game itself.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    I wish some of you had played TSM and if you could see the Sims in it without worry about the quests then you would realize that AI was greatly improved as far as the player understands it. And they have wonderful emotions more so than TS2 (dare I say it?) and or TS3 or TS4. And they didn't need those annoying reminders on the avatars. It's a shame that game had a great AI and very emotional (on their faces and not cartoony expressions) that so many missed how good those Sims were in a very linear/goal driven game. It's really sad, actually.
    I agree with you I played the sims medieval and for my experience is by far the most "complext sim game" I played and much less bugged, i think the magic worked perfect cuz the tiny world the game have helped a lot avoid a lot of problems, but really the AI is much more well writed in sims mediteval than sims 3, again i didin't play the sims 2 but so far is really very well, each sim really is different all the jobs are done autonomous in the right way, no rabbitholes, if you make a blacksmith npc then play with the king the blacksmith will work on his shop, really was a very well polished AI the only problem was which the fans don't really proper give a chance for the game improve.

from all 3 sims games I played no doubts the sims medieval was the only one which i really don't needed any mod to make the game work perfect, he did it, the only problem again is which maxis have a strange problem of "trade offs", they can't proper offer a full good game, or the game aways will be about "making something bad in favor of making something good.
    @AceofSpades2231 Thanks, glad you liked my idea! @bekkasan actually did tag Drake on my behalf. :blush:

I love your idea actually, and I think they complement each other perfectly. Excellent way to add another layer of uniqueness - and therefore re-playability - to this game. I'm all for it. Also your sig made me lol.

@SimGuruDrake I'm not sure if you've had a look at this thread but there are some cool ideas and also I think a couple of points that could use confirmation; chiefly, what the game takes into consideration when deciding sim behaviours. I don't know if you have any data on that but I would love to hear it from the source! Is @Ellesar correct in assuming this is the current priority level?

1 - object attraction
    2 - emotion
    3 - skill
    4 - generic AI
    5 - trait

Thanks in advance! <3
    well is a little more complicated than this because you also have "role/actor system", where some sims are assigned to do specific actions, like joggers, like pass by and others functions, but somehow is more like what I told, when a sim is going to choose a action, that action will be based somehow on that facts in almost that order.

Traits which are only really strong are the ones which work around emotions, like hotheaded or creative, but they strengt is more about "make your sim go more often" in a specif emotion, then when he enter in that emotion his actions start to be more "moved by the emotions.

the system for what I get is something like that:
    Don lotário:
    he aweken from his sleep then you let him alone:
    if any need is too low he will choose to fill it like if hunger is too low he gonna make food or eat food if already exist
    or if his blader is too low he gonna pee, then after this the game will check what the sim have in his house, each interactive object have a "height" the game will roll a number which is influenced by object "attraction strengt" objects with strong attraction like computer or bars normally are choosing more often, the as the sim start to rise a skill from that object, that skill will help increase the npc desire to use that object more often, this means which the more high "video game skill become" more the sim will like to play game, if the sim have a emotion related trait like genious then the sim can become focused, that trait also will rise the sim desire to use "focused objects" more often, this is what lead to sims to "play games all the day" the more they play the more they want to play, well like dru gs...

Traits have influence more like "cosmetics or secondary roles" like a sim with neat trait will be forced to clean more often if the house is dirt the clumsy add fail animations to some actions, the AI system lack a more deep means like in skyrim, skyrim AI is 10 times more complex than sims AI and skyrim is a medieval RPG but what you do in sims you can almost do in skyrim, what the game lack is someone to go nuts and start to add more actions(with animations) and the game could be the almight perfect life simulator ever, cuz the AI in skyrim was well worked in a really good way, lots of details but while bethesda make a very good system which can be moded to make awesome AIs, they don't used it too much in game then the "base game have a average ai" but with the propers mods you can make a very complex AI and make cities even much realistic not only by having many npcs but they doing things completely "more realistic than what you can get in the sims.

Maxis really need to rewrite a completely new AI system from the scratch, for the next sim game not get what they are having and just do some changes, again many others games already are doing what is doing and in some cases even better and they not are "life simulator" they just want a "realistic game" where npcs where more than just "peoples walking around" and that is where maxis is really loosing they sight.

You make sound arguments to support your side of things.

More like making things up to support his argument ;)

@Ellessarr
    Why don't you buckle down and get a look at the Python code ? If you have some programming knowledge, Python isn't hard to understand. Now the autonomy and AI part is actually complex so it may not be the best part for a start, but there's plenty of other things you can take a look at.

So I am learning to code a bit and wanted to know how to access the files to take a look at them to see if I understand them. Where do I find the game files? nothing in the sims 4 file seems to contain the game itself.

For the Python files, you can begin here : http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533907
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    one thing which really need to be rewrite is the impact of emotions and object attraction in the character cuz really one of the big problem of all the sims are equals is the fact which emotional buffs and objects attraction have a too strong effect on the sims and even the "debuffs" which are supposed to make the sim stop can't really make him stop they have little to none impact on prevent the character do the "samething all over the day".

Exemple the play game on pc, pcs and virtual carpet games have a really strong power of attraction in the characters combed with the "focused mood(buff) which can be get from play game or from the genious trait can make the characters do nothing than play game all the day, even when the sim get the "bored from play mood", this mood is not strong enought to prevent the sim to go play again on pc or carpet, many times you can see your sim with the bored mood but with a powerfull focused mood which make the sim ignore the bored mood or even if not focused the strengt of the play game skill + the object attraction can make the sim ignore the bored mood.

The same goes to the lazy sim and make exercice, if a lazy sim become energized and/or also have atlethic skill he go train in a atlethic machine and he forget the fact which he is lazy and can expend all the day in the machine until he become "really tired" like any other sim, instead of try to stop "more early" he ignore the mood lazy put on him which was supposed to make him stop "early" and keep doing it like a sim with atlethic trait.

This is one of the reasons all the sims are equals, the unbalance between the moods or break mechanics which not proper prevent the sims to act all equals that really need to be worked, if a sim get a "bored from play pc mood" this mood must really prevent the character from use the pc or the carpet to play and do others things until he vanish not be completely ignored because the focused mood or because the object attraction is too strong or the play game skill is too hard, bored peoples are bored they will stop to do what they are doing until the boredon wear off.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    edited January 2016
    Personally I think they need to add some mental illness, handicaps, and personal hangups to flesh out the sims a little. Nothing like a creative, loner, bookworm sim with ADD who is afraid to go outside.

Or an active, outgoing, perfectionist with a heart problem who prefers to never be home.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    ibenengbergibenengberg Posts: 79 Member
    I think that some of the traits are too much (like the jealous trait), and som traits are too little (like the clumsy trait).

What do you think??
    happy simming
    My Wishlist: Best Friend hug, Generations, University, Seasons, Vacations, Private School, Funerals, Cemeteries, Walk up the aisle in the wedding and ask your sims friends to be best man, maid of honor, bridesmaid or pastor if they are engaged.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think that some of the traits are too much (like the jealous trait), and som traits are too little (like the clumsy trait).

What do you think??
    happy simming

I think I agree. I would not say a person is 'jealous' when they need to be around someone all the time. I would say they are insecure. I think traits don't actually portray the true emotions. But just made up to fit whatever gurus think is right.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Personally I think they need to add some mental illness, handicaps, and personal hangups to flesh out the sims a little. Nothing like a creative, loner, bookworm sim with ADD who is afraid to go outside.

Or an active, outgoing, perfectionist with a heart problem who prefers to never be home.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. They can't even use the illness model from TS2. If your Sim got sick you took care of them.....if you didn't they could get worse and die. TS3 gave us germy moodlets that didn't make any difference at all and now we get spots.

I'd love it if they added more consequences to the game but the devs are devoted to filling the current game with sunshine and unicorns that toot Skittles out of their rear end.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. They can't even use the illness model from TS2. If your Sim got sick you took care of them.....if you didn't they could get worse and die. TS3 gave us germy moodlets that didn't make any difference at all and now we get spots.

I'd love it if they added more consequences to the game but the devs are devoted to filling the current game with sunshine and unicorns that toot Skittles out of their rear end.

And we will never read in this game about a roll in the hay. lol I just noticed in TSM one of the characters in the quest was famous for having several rolls in the hay. I would assume that is too mature for this game. It was my Sim's job to seduce him/her.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

And we will never read in this game about a roll in the hay. lol I just noticed in TSM one of the characters in the quest was famous for having several rolls in the hay. I would assume that is too mature for this game. It was my Sim's job to seduce him/her.

And yet they have the same T for teen rating.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member

I actually downloaded a mod for TS3 that made my Sims able to catch more deadly diseases. I've been playing TS2 a lot in hopes that I can, eventually, get one of my Sims to get sick so I could experience it again. I remember a very sad day when one of my favorite Sims got very, very sick (pneumonia?) and I didn't know how to make her better, so she just...died. She coughed and coughed and died. Even if it was sad, it was also very *powerful*. It made me care for my Sim even past her death.

This is what TS4 needs. I need to care about my Sims. I need to *care*. It's hard for me to care when everything is sunshine and rainbows all the time with everyone having smiley faces and a pep in their step.
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    So, I got all behind in reading this thread and wow, I've seen a lot of great ideas here. It also made me think of a personality trait that should have been added to Sims in TS3 and that's the classic underachiever. I'm an underachiever in so many things. It's not that I can't do certain things really well it's that sometimes I can't be bothered. What made me think of this was a discussion pages back about laziness. A lot of times people mistake an underachiever for someone who is lazy. Yet give said underachiever the right project and they'll usually excel at it.

Anyway, this is the thing that stuck out to me the most (of course it is, it's an animated GIF that drove me completely to distraction--this is why I end up blocking everyone's animated .gif in their siggies--I just can't focus with all of them going on around me) and it's what I've said about this Sims team all along. They're old people (and please do bear in mind I'm past the half-century mark) who keep trying to pretend like they're young and edgy and are attempting to put that into TS4 and in the end fail at connecting with ANY age group.
    <snip>

To me it looks like Maxis is all like:
    giphy.gif

Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    So, I got all behind in reading this thread and wow, I've seen a lot of great ideas here. It also made me think of a personality trait that should have been added to Sims in TS3 and that's the classic underachiever. I'm an underachiever in so many things. It's not that I can't do certain things really well it's that sometimes I can't be bothered. What made me think of this was a discussion pages back about laziness. A lot of times people mistake an underachiever for someone who is lazy. Yet give said underachiever the right project and they'll usually excel at it.

Anyway, this is the thing that stuck out to me the most (of course it is, it's an animated GIF that drove me completely to distraction--this is why I end up blocking everyone's animated .gif in their siggies--I just can't focus with all of them going on around me) and it's what I've said about this Sims team all along. They're old people (and please do bear in mind I'm past the half-century mark) who keep trying to pretend like they're young and edgy and are attempting to put that into TS4 and in the end fail at connecting with ANY age group.
    <snip>

To me it looks like Maxis is all like:
    giphy.gif

I don't think this team is as old as all that. Many aren't past 30 yet. Actually, it seems to be the older guys (way past) in the older teams that were already 30 and above who made more people happy than they do now. I can't relate to these new college grads that were working on TS3 or TS4. No offense to them, maybe it's just a generational thing with me and my problem. But I don't get this vision at all.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Cinebar Please read the trait descriptions. They tell you exactly what the traits do.

The creative trait is an emotional trait. It's main focus is to get Sims inspired. The creative trait is not limited to only painting. It deals with all creative skills including the two cooking skills, musical instruments, and photography.

The self-assured trait is also an emotional trait that gives Sims a random confident moodlet.

Most of what you said is based on you not understanding what the traits do and how emotions work. The emotion based whims only come up when the Sim is in the emotion but the other whims can come up at any given time.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @Cinebar Please read the trait descriptions. They tell you exactly what the traits do.

The creative trait is an emotional trait. It's main focus is to get Sims inspired. The creative trait is not limited to only painting. It deals with all creative skills including the two cooking skills, musical instruments, and photography.

The self-assured trait is also an emotional trait that gives Sims a random confident moodlet.

Most of what you said is based on you not understanding what the traits do and how emotions work. The emotion based whims only come up when the Sim is in the emotion but the other whims can come up at any given time.

I somehow think, you think I haven't actually played this game. Do you not realize I have been playing this game since last Sept.? I have purchased GTW, and played it for months, Cool Kitchen for my ice cream parlors, Spa Day for the yoga and my "Nail shops'..I like to pretend that chair is for doing someone's nails...complete with Asian girl (Ooh, is that politically incorrect?lol) and I have been playing GT. So, despite popular belief everything I say stems from experience with this game and the others. I am very aware(of traits) of everything I am saying about this game and what is and isn't in this game. Sure, in all games there are still things none of have discovered. But here's one that does drive me crazy A creative traited Sim wanting the same things as someone with a cooking skill...my facts can't bed disputed :D

ETA: Much Better Example: Creative Sim wishes to buy an Instrument AKA Musical Sim wishes to buy an instrument. Hello, redundant.

ETA: Not only redundant but lacking imagination. Creativity is not all about music and or painting or writing. Why never wish to get a whim (like real people) to build something like a bird house? Or crafts? Or anything? Instead of rolling the very same wishes as someone else with a musical trait or someone else with a cooking skill. It's extremely the same in all cases. And it's a across the board to all Sims. No need for traits when I can be just as happy as your Sim and the townies.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @Cinebar I preordered the game and played it on release day close to midnight. So I have been playing the game as long as you.

As far as the creative trait goes, the cooking skill is a creative skill. So of course Sims with the creative trait are going to have whims to do things that are creative skills. This makes sense in the game. The Sim who have the Music Lover trait will have their trait specific whims focused on music while ignoring the other creative skills. While Sims with the Creative trait will have whims for all of the creative skills. Although there is overlap, it is not the exact same thing.

The Creative trait would work better than the Music Lover trait for the Renaissance aspiration that it requires high levels in multiple skills because the Creative trait gives a boost to all creative skills rather than just one like the Music Lover trait.

The Creative trait won't get trait specific whims to craft on the woodworking table because handiness is a logic skill, not a creative one.

Carl has a well put together guide of how traits influence Sims. Although it doesn't contain everything on traits, I suggest you read it to get a better understanding of what they do.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/traits/

Question: If you dislike the game so much, why do you own a ton of content? You have been bashing this game since it was announced. You made a ton of the same complaints about The Sims 3 but since 4 is out, it is how The Sims 3 is the best game and The Sims 4 is not good to you.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @Cinebar I preordered the game and played it on release day close to midnight. So I have been playing the game as long as you.

As far as the creative trait goes, the cooking skill is a creative skill. So of course Sims with the creative trait are going to have whims to do things that are creative skills. This makes sense in the game. The Sim who have the Music Lover trait will have their trait specific whims focused on music while ignoring the other creative skills. While Sims with the Creative trait will have whims for all of the creative skills. Although there is overlap, it is not the exact same thing.

The Creative trait would work better than the Music Lover trait for the Renaissance aspiration that it requires high levels in multiple skills because the Creative trait gives a boost to all creative skills rather than just one like the Music Lover trait.

The Creative trait won't get trait specific whims to craft on the woodworking table because handiness is a logic skill, not a creative one.

Carl has a well put together guide of how traits influence Sims. Although it doesn't contain everything on traits, I suggest you read it to get a better understanding of what they do.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/traits/

Question: If you dislike the game so much, why do you own a ton of content? You have been bashing this game since it was announced. You made a ton of the same complaints about The Sims 3 but since 4 is out, it is how The Sims 3 is the best game and The Sims 4 is not good to you.

Perhaps you don't know I'm a Simaholic Why did people keep buying EP, after EP and store set after store set waiting on TS3 to bring them some joy? I'm not the only one who keeps doing this stuff. Simmers somehow have always believed the next new thing will be the thing that makes everything perfect. Besides, I have never said I hate TS4 it has some improvements I wanted for fifteen years. But I gripe so they might hear me and improve instead of remove.

ETA: It's not gone unnoticed by me when you write those scathing complaints about GTW>
  • Options
    @Cinebar I didn't buy everything for The Sims 3. I bought what I was interested in. I don't believe the next best thing will make something perfect. That is an indication someone has a mental disorder. What is that saying about insanity being repeating the same thing over expecting different results?

I don't by everything for the game and then complain about everything. I have complained about GTW but I love GT. GT is one of the best expansion packs they have released in a long time. My biggest complaint with GTW is the bugs. Other than the bugs, I think GTW would be a good EP.

I can say some of your "improvements" such as this thread come of as ways of restrictions to players. The way you want it in the game comes off as more restricted than what we already have. For instance, you want to make the whims of the Creative trait more restricted rather than more open ended when the whims for the trait fit with what it is described to do. The restrictions will actually lead to Sims with less personality rather than more.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @Cinebar I didn't buy everything for The Sims 3. I bought what I was interested in. I don't believe the next best thing will make something perfect. That is an indication someone has a mental disorder. What is that saying about insanity being repeating the same thing over expecting different results?

I don't by everything for the game and then complain about everything. I have complained about GTW but I love GT. GT is one of the best expansion packs they have released in a long time. My biggest complaint with GTW is the bugs. Other than the bugs, I think GTW would be a good EP.

I can say some of your "improvements" such as this thread come of as ways of restrictions to players. The way you want it in the game comes off as more restricted than what we already have. For instance, you want to make the whims of the Creative trait more restricted rather than more open ended when the whims for the trait fit with what it is described to do. The restrictions will actually lead to Sims with less personality rather than more.

Please don't get my thread closed by referring to mental illness if a player kept buying EPs in TS3 to make it better. Many of us here have discussed we did buy an EP or two thinking TS3 would get better. I probably own less of TS3 than anyone, but I did do that a time or two. Many said they kept buying for TS3 to make it better. It has nothing to do with mental illness. It's a false faith in a developing team.

I beg to differ your main gripe about GTW was bugs when just the other day you listed a long list of things needing 'changed' and improved in this game. My thread is nothing more or any different. I don't need to read Carl's guide when I can see with my own eyes all my Sims are the same and behaving the same due to emotional buffs rather than their traits influence. I don't have to explain to you or anyone else why I like some of TS4 and can't stand other parts of it (it's core moodlet system) and how I go about pointing out what bugs me is really a nuisance and shouldn't bother you at all.

I mean I didn't get on you for listing complaints about the GTW employees (Not a bug) and the lack of other fleshed out ideas. No matter how much you keep trying to point out TS4 is great the way it is (trait system) I would be able to counter that with where it lacks depth. And even you have written many things about this game that doesn't have depth.

ETA: This thread's OP said the same things I'm saying but in a different way and that's just this March..I can link many more about 'traits' and the lack of their depth from a year ago and several more in this past year by other players.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/819078/i-finally-realized-what-was-bothering-me-about-how-sims-behave-in-this-game/p1
  • Options

People buying content in the hope it will improve their game is the sign of a mental disorder? Well that's probably tens of thousands of players you're insulting.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    @Cinebar If you are talking about this thread, I only listed three things about GTW: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/857579/small-things-disliked-about-ts4#latest
    The thread was a thread about small things you don't like in the game. Those things were small. I also included bugs on my list.

You do need to read Carl's guide because it highlights the differences in the traits. It lets you know exactly what the traits do. After you know what these differences are, maybe you can better spot them in your game. There are differences to Sims based on their traits. Maybe your Sims are the same because you give them similar traits.

I read what the person you linked to is saying and again they are wrong as you have even stated in this thread Sims do get whims based on their traits as well as their emotions.