Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll Result from Sims VIP of the best Sims game in the series

Comments

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't necessarily believe the poll is true, except to only those who were participating on that individual site. Ask another unbiased site to do the poll and you may get a totally different answer.
  • Options
    TweakwienTweakwien Posts: 9 New Member
    I won't be surprised, given with the fact most videos uploaded lately on UTUBE are mainly ts4.
  • Options
    BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Geez. How can people even argue over one another's favorite or personal choice. It's like when someone told you they love cats and you told them no you can't be, you shouldn't, dogs are better than cats *face palms* Pointless really.
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited January 2016
    I love how they vote The Sims 4 and then complain how bad it is, IMO I think people who voted for TS4 are either new-comers or either just vote The Sims 4 since they see the majority did. To be honest this is UNBELIEVABLE and if anything it is obviously The Sims 2 or 3.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Also BTW, sorry SimsVIP no offence, never take their reviews for granted since 90% of the time The Sims 4 is perfect to them and are baised. Though I can confirm their news are genuine and can be dependant on :blush:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Given the fact that the SimsVIP community is super biased, this does not surprise me at all.

SO TRUE but I wouldn't say only biased to The Sims 4 but rather anything published by EA ;)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    The results show that The Sims 4 is the most favorite game in the series followed by Sims 3 then Sims 2 and last is Sims 1.
    What do you think?

poll.png

simsvip.com/2016/01/18/site-news-poll-results-new-poll-january-18th-2016/

Sims VIP caters to players who like the current game. It's been pro TS4 since the pre-release, and frankly if EA tried to pass Pong off as the Sims 5, Sims VIP would still be singing the game's praises, so it's no surprise it has a large audience of TS4 fans who would be aware of the poll--unlike like some of us TS2 advocates who prefer to respectfully leave the fans of the game to their enjoyment.

Agreed. They got in trouble because they posted a few rude tweets towards Sims3/2 fans that got deleted.
    Geez. How can people even argue over one another's favorite or personal choice. It's like when someone told you they love cats and you told them no you can't be, you shouldn't, dogs are better than cats *face palms* Pointless really.

We're "arguing" because that's what a discussion is. The credibility of the source has been a talking point as well as the community in general. Anything but pointless really.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Also BTW, sorry SimsVIP no offence, never take their reviews for granted since 90% of the time The Sims 4 is perfect to them and are baised. Though I can confirm their news are genuine and can be dependant on :blush:
    They've always been like that it's not just a Sims 4 thing. I remember being an avid fan of simsvip back when Sims 3 was still being produced.
  • Options
    BunnDaleBunnDale Posts: 165 Member
    Also, keep in mind that many people that voted for TS4 probably didn't play the prior iterations... So they by default obviously like TS4 the best :/
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Is that forum focused on Sims 4?

Entirely.

Wrong. It's focused on any Sims news, and has recently talked about new patches for 3, new mods, CC etc.

WRONG! If it is focused on every game then why don't I see The Sims 3 CC or world creations? Oh but the feed is defintely filled up with TS4 stuff. No offence but you try and defend The Sims 4 in any way possible even if someone says there are NO TADDLERZ you would say who needs them. :#

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    They've always been like that it's not just a Sims 4 thing. I remember being an avid fan of simsvip back when Sims 3 was still being produced.

I wasn't an obssessed The Sims fan since 2013 (I played TS2 on PS2 before tho) so I don't know what happened since TS3's release

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    But to be fair here most of the games' websites/news nowadays is a stuck up to The Sims 4 (Maybe EA pays them? We shall never know) *cough* Sims Community *cough*

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    The latest game always tends to get more votes then the previous ones, because there are more players playing S4 then 1-3.
    So most people who voted in that poll, either havent played 1-3 or they dont remember 1-3.
    Then of course, there are still those who prefer 4 to any of the previous games, like me. :)

So in all honesty, polls like these, might seem irrelevant.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    Joseph15266Joseph15266 Posts: 305 Member
    itsug wrote: »
    The latest game always tends to get more votes then the previous ones, because there are more players playing S4 then 1-3.
    So most people who voted in that poll, either havent played 1-3 or they dont remember 1-3.
    Then of course, there are still those who prefer 4 to any of the previous games, like me. :)

Wow, it's strange to think there are players who don't remember the Sims 3...
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    I know right? :D
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sorry, but did you even read what that discussion is about?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TweakwienTweakwien Posts: 9 New Member
    Almost every sites are about ts4 including UTUBE . Just check there with filter of 'upload date'
    If ts4's videos are loaded 20 , ts3 or ts2 are being uploaded 1,or 2 only.
    Anyone hates that? then can upload other versions.
    No need to make any assumption about why only ts4 is anywhere.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited January 2016
    The poll is SLOP of the worst variety. That said, I don't think it pretends to be a scientific poll. It's there to affirm a purchasing decision, nothing more.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2016
    Saying a game will last four years is talk because if I remember EA/Maxis said they was solidly behind SimCity and how long was the support for that game? Not too long. Another thing, things change over time. However, if by chance Sims 4 does last that long I hope to see features and not content that will make Sims 4 better because they was the same company that developed Sims 3 and also the reason for so much doubt. If Maxis was not involved with Sims 3 they would not have as much flak as they do now.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The poll is SLOP of the worst variety. That said, I don't think it pretends to be a scientific poll. It's there to affirm a purchasing decision, nothing more.
    No, it doesn't. But dragging it here kind of pretends it is ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Saying a game will last four years is talk because if I remember EA/Maxis said they was solidly behind SimCity and how long was the support for that game? Not too long. Another thing, things change over time. However, if by chance Sims 4 does last that long I hope to see features and not content that will make Sims 4 better because they was the same company that developed Sims 3 and also the reason for so much doubt. If Maxis was not involved with Sims 3 they would not have as much flak as they do now.
    But Sims 4 is no where near as bad as simcity and also they gave up a couple months after release and it's been a year with no reason to believe maxis would be cutting Sims 4 anytime soon since sales have been consistently good with more positive reviews with every new release.
  • Options
    I used to like SimsVIP for news but then they started sucking up to EA for freebies. I've even seen comments of them defending bugs.

When the interview with RF was released the staff were praising it saying they agreed with everything, and were aggressively combating the criticism in the comments section.

I hate singling people out, but I read one of the SimsVIP author's twitter and it WAS ALL PRAISE! This is insane. People like the game but do they have to be so aggressive? If I was a member of a site that bashed TS4 *cough* This ite for instance. *cough* I wouldn't spend all my comments moaning and groaning about the game, I would be respectful and point out things in the game I like (retail, CAS, SPs, etc.).
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    But Sims 4 is no where near as bad as simcity and also they gave up a couple months after release and it's been a year with no reason to believe maxis would be cutting Sims 4 anytime soon since sales have been consistently good with more positive reviews with every new release.

If you break down the core gameplay, SimCity is actually a fairly decent game. I can say the same for TS4. The only difference between the two is that SimCity had a disastrous launch. TS4 did not. Their reviews of gameplay were the same, mixed to positive.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    With regards to GT, EA/Maxis used the smoke screen method, it put in a neighborhood that looked something out of a European country prettied it up and allowed simmers to have clubs but it intentions was to cover up it's short comings (No terrain Editors, No lot creators or neighborhood creators whatever else some simmers are wishing for) and to me that is how it is going to be throughout the game life. If they created a ordinary town out of the USA I wonder would it get the same response? GT however for me even w/o the wants is a good EP but it may serve it's purpose for awhile before some simmers start feeling the need for more. I do not care for polls for they tend not to be accurate.

I had to smile the first time I saw Windenburg. There are players here that keep saying that TS4 is not a YA party themed game. If this is so why, out of all the venues they could have included did they feel the need to place 2 nightclubs and 2 bars?

I think it's pretty clear just as you said. Because without creating your own clubs to include kids, when you visit these places there aren't any kids in them in my game. Not unless it may be one or two Maxis premade clubs showing up which btw, was far and few between even with that in my game. I noticed kids don't show up at all at the cafes to grab a bite to eat or hang out etc. unless a player would force it. And they don't show up in the dance clubs or bars like they did in the beginning of WC. So, maybe they tweaked that or I actually suspect the 'towns' are coded to shove/push particular types to the public spaces and or community lots. And this time it wasn't kids.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    itsug wrote: »

I would like to see a poll that tells me there are more people playing TS4 over TS3 or TS2. I wouldn't believe it. Not when TS3 had over 3 million players daily, and I sort of doubt they moved on to TS4. I don't know how many played TS2 but I prefer it, anyway, I do know not more than half moved over to TS3 back then because if we had that would have been about ten million players for TS3 or more. So, I don't hardly believe TS4 has made up those differences in 'new' players that it couldn't grab to come over from TS2 or TS3. If that were true that would mean it was the best one out of the bunch to break all records and break the TS1 sale's record on day one. I doubt that. Since EA only said it had a strong beginning...if it had outsold all three on their first day we would know it. EA would have passed out on stage when they told it. They didn't hesitate to go out and say Dragon Age new game broke all their sales records. And they wouldn't hesitate if another Sims' game broke the past records. No matter who says they wouldn't have told, oh, yes they would have.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.