Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll Result from Sims VIP of the best Sims game in the series

halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
The results show that The Sims 4 is the most favorite game in the series followed by Sims 3 then Sims 2 and last is Sims 1.
What do you think?

poll.png

simsvip.com/2016/01/18/site-news-poll-results-new-poll-january-18th-2016/
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The results show that The Sims 4 is the most favorite game in the series followed by Sims 3 then Sims 2 and last is Sims 1.
    What do you think?

poll.png

simsvip.com/2016/01/18/site-news-poll-results-new-poll-january-18th-2016/

I think I can never trust a poll that may sample one hundred people to represent 3 million. lol Know what I mean?

But there can never be a poll where everybody would vote in.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I voted sims 1 in that poll.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Sims 4 has been voted more than Sims 3 and Sims 2 combined together!

I personally do not think we have a perfect game. Each and every game is best in something but might lack on other things.
    To me for example:

Sims 1: Is the best in music
    Sims 2: Best in how EPs were more theme focused.
    Sims 3: The only Sims game to have the complete life stages, open world and more user customization
    Sims 4: Better graphics, multitasking, and the game that has the best looking sims without the need of CC.

Its not really believeable to me that it did better than ts2 and ts3 together

Don't forget that most of people who complain about Sims 4 are those who played previous games. Maybe Sims 4 has gained many new first time players. We have no idea what EA have done to reach to the younger generations. There is a possibility that there are more fans by now and another possibility that mainly TS4 fans have voted more on this poll than other games fans.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think popularity is proof in the pudding if we look at it logically. TS1 is still the best time seller of all four so....I think it should remain number 1, and still getting it's dues. Or maybe TS3 actually did by pass TS1 (I can't remember) so that would mean TS3 was the most favored. But I do know, not many who just love TS2 and would never think of throwing it out would have voted TS4 over TS2. No way. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    I voted sims 1 in that poll.

I did not vote in it because I've just seen it now.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

I personally do not think we have a perfect game. Each and every game is best in something but might lack on other things.
    To me for example:

Sims 3: The only Sims game to have the complete life stages, open world and more user customization
    Sims 4: Better graphics, multitasking, and the game that has the best looking sims without the need of CC.

Don't forget that most of people who complain about Sims 4 are those who played previous games. Maybe Sims 4 has gained many new first time players. We have no idea what EA have done to reach to the younger generations. There is a possibility that there are more fans by now and another possibility that mainly TS4 fans have voted more on this poll than other games fans.

Actually ive thought that too
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Im expecting Colton to comment any moment now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Is that forum focused on Sims 4?

It is not a forum. It is a news site about the sims.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2016
    I voted TS2.

But that poll is rather relative, we don't know what is the age of the people who voted, for all we know most of those could have played TS4 only, though many simmers from this forum voted for TS4, and the same person can vote more than once if they own more than one computer etc so these are something no one should take in consideration, these polls are a joke and should not be seen as facts.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

To me for example:

That is true and if it gained new players who have never played the others, that's why we can't have nice things. No ill intent toward them but just sayin' they don't actually realize why some of us are disappointed with what's missing and or what has changed drastically and no longer even seems part of the 'series'. Not their fault but then it would say to developers, it's all good, forget long time players and cater to newbies who love it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

Entirely.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    I think it could just show that the majority of people who still visit SimsVIP these days like the newest game. I like 3 better. I almost never go to SimsVIP anymore because, well, 3 is over and they really only focus on the current news, which is mainly to do with 4.

I didn't even know about the poll because I haven't been there in ages.

I only go there to see if any packs have gotten out for TS4 and the themes or leaks, since devs never put anything in here and I don't have twitter.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

To me for example:

That is true and if it gained new players who have never played the others, that's why we can't have nice things. No ill intent toward them but just sayin' they don't actually realize why some of us are disappointed with what's missing and or what has changed drastically and no longer even seems part of the 'series'. Not their fault but then it would say to developers, it's all good, forget long time players and cater to newbies who love it.

I know what you mean because I have so many things I would love back in TS4. I just hope EA is not ignoring the old customers for the newer ones. They can listen to both and satisfy both instead.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    TheSimer wrote: »

It is not a forum. It is a news site about the sims.

I wouldn't actually call it news, but an advertising site for EA and those who like TS4. Well, o.k that might be news, but it's a little on the biased side and gushy, mushy. I prefer sites that actually tell me the good, bad and ugly.

I think it is mainly a news site. Yes they do review on packs but everything else is just news. They give you the news and you have to make up your mind how you feel about that news. I would not consider them to be biased to TS4. And if they are giving more news on TS4 that is because older games have hardly anything about them. They report about a patch or something. So if EA will release TS5 tomorrow and ends TS4 then they will give more news about TS5.

My point is that Sims VIP is focusing on what is happening now. And right now it is TS4.
    giphy.gif